Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:49 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [13]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
ankitmalviya10 wrote:
Hi,

I submitted my application today. I got to know that my recommender did not recieve any mail from INSEAD due to some technical issue with his mail id, so I was wondering is there a possibility to give an alternate id? I tried contacting INSEAD too, but not able to get in touch with anybody. I have already invested alot of time and money in this process, can somebody please throw some light on it.

you can contact the admissions office, by phone. good luck!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Tinaxu wrote:
R4 applicants
Interviewed in Brussels last week.
GMAT : 690
Chinese
4 years working in China, 3 years in Oman for a Belgian company
Finger cross for a positive call!

Question, is the offer always given on a fixed date or within two weeks of interview?

you will get an answer from the admissions office b4 26 of sep.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
technically they will inform you of the decision by 29th! my AO told me that they would probably start informing at the start of next week.

From all the posts, if you are rejected/waitlisted, most likely you will only receive an email.
The call is reserved for people who are admitted.. please correct me if i am wrong..

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Any R4 female applicants here ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Zinnia77 wrote:

yes =) Interviewed a while ago, now crossing my fingers for that call... Did you receive that "INSEAD - Additional information" email for women as well? Almost gave me a heart attack when I saw an email from them :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shashasha, oh yes.... ,, I was flabbergasted seeing that email..thought it was the new way of gently letting u down
Huge relief to know that wasn't the case!!!phew!!

shashasha wrote:
Zinnia77 wrote:

yes =) Interviewed a while ago, now crossing my fingers for that call... Did you receive that "INSEAD - Additional information" email for women as well? Almost gave me a heart attack when I saw an email from them :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I applied for INSEAD Jan 2018 intake class, round 4. I've had my in person interviews but have not heard back yet regarding their final decision. Has anyone heard back?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi elmz02,
Not yet..still waiting. As mentioned previously in this thread, hoping to hear back next week onwards. Good luck!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

elmz02 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I applied for INSEAD Jan 2018 intake class, round 4. I've had my in person interviews but have not heard back yet regarding their final decision. Has anyone heard back?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 640 Q36 V40
GMAT 2: 650 Q41 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Hello again fellow R4 hopefuls!

Am still waiting for a reply myself, but had a question for the group in the meantime: If you don't get accepted after an interview, does that mean that one of the interviews didn't go well or could it be possible for both to go well and still not get in?

On a random note, got a call today from Indian business school (not familiar with the name) this morning and nearly died! The connection was bad and I could have sworn they said "INSEAD". They were asking me to go to an event on Monday, and I thought it was some weird 3rd set of interviews until I got the follow-up email :sad: :x

Can't wait for this to all be over!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
According to alumnus i spoke to, you need endorsement from both interviewers to get admitted...
Although i have read that some of the candidates from earlier rounds were already being considered for scholarship before the interviews ended, which is kinda positive signal.. not for us R4s thgh...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [2]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
Send PM
Kudos
grhu8175 wrote:
According to alumnus i spoke to, you need endorsement from both interviewers to get admitted...
Although i have read that some of the candidates from earlier rounds were already being considered for scholarship before the interviews ended, which is kinda positive signal.. not for us R4s thgh...

I attended the in-house event at Fonty on Friday and can confirm that the two Alumni interviews cannot by themselves make or break an applicant. The two Almuni each file an 'interview report' which is then analyzed together with the complete application package by both the admission committee and the professors together. Only then is a final decision made.

Of course, If both the Alumni file negative reports it will definitely impact your chances. But by itself, it's just another cog in the machine (albeit a very important one!).

Another nugget of info: Regarding those who are currently working/living in a foreign country: The adcom will try to schedule your interviews with Alumni who have a similar professional and personal background to yours.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
ashutoshranjan wrote:
Profile evaluation-Indian male GMAT 680,Total exp-8 years in Indian PSU.

I need some guidance regarding my chances in INSEAD.
GMAT:680 Q 49, V 34
GPA:3.1 Electrical Engg
Exp:8years in Indian Maharatna PSU NTPC

Achievements:
Was part of the team that completed erection and commissioning of steam turbine in record time of 13months,a project worth INR 450 cr

Formulated a plan to stop barring stalling in turbine leading to annual saving of over 150 cr annually.

Other than my work life i also engage in csr activities of ntpc ,participating in education and swachh bharat abhiyan.

I am planning to start my mba at the earliest so is my profile ok or should i go for a better gmat score.

Ashutosh, a couple of things. INSEAD values international work experience. Have you worked abroad or worked in international teams?
Secondly, your GMAT is low for a top bschool. Any chance of a retake?

Sent from my MI 5 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shashasha wrote:
Zinnia77 wrote:

hahah, i had the same reaction when i saw the email! My heart missed a beat!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JTdaniel wrote:
grhu8175 wrote:

I attended the in-house event at Fonty on Friday and can confirm that the two Alumni interviews cannot by themselves make or break an applicant. The two Almuni each file an 'interview report' which is then analyzed together with the complete application package by both the admission committee and the professors together. Only then is a final decision made.

Of course, If both the Alumni file negative reports it will definitely impact your chances. But by itself, it's just another cog in the machine (albeit a very important one!).

Another nugget of info: Regarding those who are currently working/living in a foreign country: The adcom will try to schedule your interviews with Alumni who have a similar professional and personal background to yours.

Oh hey! I was in fonty yesterday as well!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
Send PM
Tinaxu wrote:
JTdaniel wrote:
grhu8175 wrote:

Oh hey! I was in fonty yesterday as well!!

Oh hi! :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Good Luck R4s ...exciting week!!
and don't forget to post an update here when you receive your decisions ...:)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi,

R4 applicant here, waiting to hear if I got in this week!
Someone stole my phone, and I no longer have the same phone number that I gave to INSEAD. If I get accepted, and INSEAD calls to admit me, is that problematic if they can't get through to me? I should expect to receive an email the same day as well, yes? Do you think there are any repurcussions to them not being able to reach me?

To everyone still reading, good luck!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi tommymehl,

Sorry to hear about your phone. Hope the other important stuff escaped the ordeal.

For your query below, I would say the best option would be to contact your AO and and give them the updated contact info. Also from what i have read from my 'posts lurking' days here was that if INSEAD is trying to reach you by phone ( an admit in this case) and can't reach you, they would drop an email ( as i'm writing this i can't seem to recall if the email would state an admit or just that they are trying to reach you). Hope this helps!

Good luck!

tommymehl wrote:
Hi,

R4 applicant here, waiting to hear if I got in this week!
Someone stole my phone, and I no longer have the same phone number that I gave to INSEAD. If I get accepted, and INSEAD calls to admit me, is that problematic if they can't get through to me? I should expect to receive an email the same day as well, yes? Do you think there are any repurcussions to them not being able to reach me?

To everyone still reading, good luck!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts