Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:26 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
Re: Video Introduction [#permalink]
artihcs wrote:
AkshatKhanna wrote:
I actually did it the other way round. One-two lines covering my professional background. The rest was more of who I am as a person and my passions. :) Hope this helps!

Hah I see - good to know! Amazing you managed to squeeze that into a minute, maybe I'm just talking too slow

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Or maybe I'm boring with only one or two passions worth talking about :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Kudos
I think what they're looking for is a genuine representation of who you are, whoever that is. I only spent a line talking about my work, but if your work is a huge part of who you are, then I think it makes sense to talk more about that!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Technology, Statistics
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.53
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I went with a few words that describe who I am, an interesting fact, my passions, why Sloan, and then what I wanna do next!

Obviously not too much depth, and maybe a sentence on each, but I felt like it captured all the extra stuff omitted from my cover letter and app in general.

Hope it helps, m8!

Mango
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.27
Send PM
I went all personal. Talked about two passions that are not work related.

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by NickC137 on 26 Sep 2017, 11:24.
Last edited by NickC137 on 21 May 2020, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Quick question- so I noticed (via Youtube) that some applicants made a whole edited movie for this ... Isnt this supposed to be more personal? Can I just use my webcam to record this?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 2.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
chestud13 wrote:
Quick question- so I noticed (via Youtube) that some applicants made a whole edited movie for this ... Isnt this supposed to be more personal? Can I just use my webcam to record this?

Whoever did this is not following instructions. Sloan's application requirements webpage very clearly states:

-"Videos should be a single take (no editing) lasting no more than one minute and consisting of you speaking directly to the camera."

Editing your video will likely jeopardize your application. Use a webcam.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
zenogen wrote:
chestud13 wrote:

Whoever did this is not following instructions. Sloan's application requirements webpage very clearly states:

-"Videos should be a single take (no editing) lasting no more than one minute and consisting of you speaking directly to the camera."

The videos on YouTube was from previous years applications. Since last year, the video needs to be entirely made on a webcam so it is basically you introducing yourself to the laptop of your choice.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
My successful client have actually not gone too deep into their professional backgrounds because as you said, that is already covered elsewhere. They of course say what industry they're coming from and what they're currently doing, but it's more about what they like to do and what specifically they're looking forward to doing at Sloan (that ties back to their personal/extracurricular interests).
Hope that helps!

artihcs wrote:
Hi guys,

How are you tacking the video introduction? The prompt says introduce yourself to your future classmates...and in reality that's likely a formal recap of professional background and a one or two personal touch points. BUT - the adcom has already seen our resume transcripts and cover letter. Seems like a waste of another platform to just give a recap.

What is the approach you're taking with this?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
zenogen wrote:
chestud13 wrote:

Hi zenogen! As a successful applicant (congrats!!), would you mind sharing what you discussed in your video?

Thanks!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [2]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos