Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Filthydelphia wrote:
amdeep wrote:
It was the penultimate tab. Just before the 'Review and Submit' option.

All it said for me was "Your application fee has been waived." There was nothing else there. Did you have a screen where you entered payment information?

You are a military officer. I think that is why your fee was waived. Their system must have read it from your application and waived the fee automatically.

And yes, I got a payment screen to input payment details.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
All the best folks - in for round 1!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Nearly got a heart attack when I saw an email from MIT Admissions - but here are the below interview announcement dates!

Thursday, October 5th
Thursday, October 12th
Thursday, October 19th
Thursday, October 26th

Good luck to all the applicants!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
jz818 - Same here. Just got the email. All the best guys!
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Whoa four waves. So exciting.

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
GRE 1: Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
jz818 wrote:
Nearly got a heart attack when I saw an email from MIT Admissions - but here are the below interview announcement dates!

Thursday, October 5th
Thursday, October 12th
Thursday, October 19th
Thursday, October 26th

That's weird. I got a different email from them... Maybe I'm not as good a candidate as you.

"We plan to begin inviting applicants to interview in late October and early November. It is also possible to be waitlisted and interviewed during our Round 2 application review."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
jz818 wrote:

Thursday, October 5th
Thursday, October 12th
Thursday, October 19th
Thursday, October 26th

Any LGO applicants here? I applied to the LGO program and have not gotten this email with 4 dates. Instead I got an email today saying my application is complete and is currently under review.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
KLC wrote:
jz818 wrote:

Thursday, October 5th
Thursday, October 12th
Thursday, October 19th
Thursday, October 26th

Any LGO applicants here? I applied to the LGO program and have not gotten this email with 4 dates. Instead I got an email today saying my application is complete and is currently under review.

Same here. I figured out why I got a different email from the others after my post.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
The different emails situation was intriguing.
This is my first application ever, and I'm starting to feel anxiously excited (or excitedly anxious).

I guess I have no clue how competitive my application really is... will find out soon enough...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
stoiczoan wrote:
The different emails situation was intriguing.
This is my first application ever, and I'm starting to feel anxiously excited (or excitedly anxious).

I guess I have no clue how competitive my application really is... will find out soon enough...

Everyone who noted receiving a different email was an LGO applicant. Clearly, the process is slightly different for LGO's. I applied to the traditional 2Y MBA and received the same email others did with the 4 dates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I went through this process last year and am currently a first year at Sloan. 5 years of work experience in finance and tech. Thought I'd pay it forward and offer to answer some questions - so ask away!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
yl wrote:
Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I went through this process last year and am currently a first year at Sloan. 5 years of work experience in finance and tech. Thought I'd pay it forward and offer to answer some questions - so ask away!

Can you share about the interview invite process and the interview itself?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
yl wrote:

yl Hi, Thanks for helping us out. I wanted to know more about your experience on the action learning labs. Is this something that you do only during your first year? I am also curious about the Sloan's teaching style. I know that each semester has an innovation period in between, which I believe is mostly lectures. Do you also do case studies before/after that? Can you elaborate more on the teaching style?

souvik101990, Can you help arrange a short interview with him where he can answer all these questions? Just throwing the idea out there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Send PM
Kudos