Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fuqua 2018 applicants: Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
asdf2192 wrote:
Does anyone know where can I find the incoming student website? I want to know what kind of 8 math course we need to take? :-)

I got an email from my area admissions counselor that said we'd get an email with the link to the admitted students webpage on Tuesday. The admit packages are apparently getting mailed out monday, and as rahularora said, will probably have the link as well!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey guys!

I am a re-applicant and applied in R1. Can someone advice whether Fuqua sends interview invites on the exact 'Interview Decision' date? or is it rolling invites scenario like every other b-school?

Many thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
golumolu wrote:
Hey guys!

I am a re-applicant and applied in R1. Can someone advice whether Fuqua sends interview invites on the exact 'Interview Decision' date? or is it rolling invites scenario like every other b-school?

Many thanks!

I can speak for EA. It was on the exact date.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.07
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello!

A bit late to the forum but I wanted to add my acceptance to the data =) Got a call on friday morning (7.30 EST) to inform me of my acceptance. So excited.

Also, started a new thread for admitted students:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 51949.html

Cheers!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [5]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats on all the admits to Fuqua! I recently went back to Fuqua for our 5 year reunion. I'm really excited for things to come at Fuqua, and the direction that Fuqua is heading. We are making a lot of investments to build our international presence and to develop stronger company ties nationally within the US.

To put things to perspective on the progress the school has made. When I applied, Fuqua has over 30% acceptance rate. We were lucky to be in top 10 in (Business Week, aka Bloomberg), and a perpetual top 14 school (US News). Now the atmosphere is that Fuqua is a consistent top 5 (Bloomberg), and can break through top 10 again (US News) in the near future. We just placed more students to the West Coast than the East Coast.

Although school rankings is only one aspect of your school choice decision, it's an important aspect. Hope y'all would join Fuqua. The future looks bright for Fuqua in the years to come.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Congrats to all the folks :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
asimov wrote:
Congrats on all the admits to Fuqua! I recently went back to Fuqua for our 5 year reunion. I'm really excited for things to come at Fuqua, and the direction that Fuqua is heading. We are making a lot of investments to build our international presence and to develop stronger company ties nationally within the US.

To put things to perspective on the progress the school has made. When I applied, Fuqua has over 30% acceptance rate. We were lucky to be in top 10 in (Business Week, aka Bloomberg), and a perpetual top 14 school (US News). Now the atmosphere is that Fuqua is a consistent top 5 (Bloomberg), and can break through top 10 again (US News) in the near future. We just placed more students to the West Coast than the East Coast.

Although school rankings is only one aspect of your school choice decision, it's an important aspect. Hope y'all would join Fuqua. The future looks bright for Fuqua in the years to come.

I will be matriculating at Fuqua next year, I loved it when I visited the school. Do you think Fuqua's lower emphasis on GMAT (lowest GMAT average among all top 15 schools) is stopping it from breaking through top 10 schools in US News ranking?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
So I am in a bit of a pickle. I selected the Application Fee Waiver because an alumnus was meant to write an internal rec for me. He ended up being flaky and I emailed admissions telling them that I would be happy to pay the fee to avoid looking like I was trying to be deceptive. They said that they can't undo the waiver, but the alumnus can submit a rec late. I don't think he will end up doing it because he is being very unreliable. Think this will count against me?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Schools: Duke '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
Send PM
sveniga4 wrote:
asimov wrote:

I will be matriculating at Fuqua next year, I loved it when I visited the school. Do you think Fuqua's lower emphasis on GMAT (lowest GMAT average among all top 15 schools) is stopping it from breaking through top 10 schools in US News ranking?

To piggyback off this - I noticed that Shari Hubert came from Georgetown's McDonough School of Business to take over as associate Dean for Admissions for Liz Riley, who retired. I'm curious to what, if any, changes she makes. McDonough improved 4-5 spots in the rankings in during Hubert's tenure - although that may be easier to do going from 25 to 21 than going from 12 to 10

Excited to start in August. Need these next 9 months to go by quickly!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Interview experience-

I had mine with a second year student on campus during the open interview period. My interviewer carried himself very well, looks like they are well trained. He started off by describing his background and asked about mine. This was followed by the usual questions-
1) Why MBA?
2) Why Fuqua?
3) How will you contribute?
4) Leadership experience and what you learnt from that?
6) Tell me about a time when you failed? I spoke about a careless mistake I made and he was happy that I shared it with him.
7) Teamwork experience-few follow up questions regarding that.
8) One minute pitch to Adcom.
At the end he gave me the opportunity to ask few questions. I asked him about a time when he faced difficulty working in team at Fuqua and what he did about that, not sure if it was appropriate to ask.
I think preparation is the key-when you know that you are doing well for the first few questions, nervousness goes away and you begin to feel more confident. My advice is to prepare well, especially the inevitable first few questions-about yourself, why MBA and why Fuqua.

A quick note regarding Fuqua application- its online app is outdated and exhaustive. I made few spelling mistakes in the app and realized them after submitting. Please make sure you double check the work so that you don't end up losing sleep.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Guys Nov 9th is the interview decision date and it's still 10 more days for the wait. Anybody having luck with other apps? It looks bleak for me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Owen '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.68
Interviewed during a campus visit (no invite needed)

Interviewed on: 2017/10/15
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 670, Q42, V40
WE: 60 months
Industry: Manufacturing
Submited on: 2017/10/09
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
CH1776 wrote:
Interviewed during a campus visit (no invite needed)

GMAT: 670, Q42, V40
WE: 60 months
Submited on: 2017/10/09

How did it go? Can you share your experience
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 110
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
I was just wondering if DUKE have the option to interview on Skype? It doesn't mention that option on their website. It says you can only interview at hub locations with an alumnus or with adcoms at a hub location.

The truth is if I do apply and get an invitation to interview I really don't want to interview at a different location. I would have to spend some $$$ to travel to a city near me. And I really don't want to spend more than the initial application fee only to be dinged or even waitlisted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Kudos
SUPERSARS wrote:
I was just wondering if DUKE have the option to interview on Skype? It doesn't mention that option on their website. It says you can only interview at hub locations with an alumnus or with adcoms at a hub location.

The truth is if I do apply and get an invitation to interview I really don't want to interview at a different location. I would have to spend some $$$ to travel to a city near me. And I really don't want to spend more than the initial application fee only to be dinged or even waitlisted.

I asked them the same question and was told that I have to go to a hub loaction. No phone or Skype interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Interviewed during the open-interview period.

Interviewed on: 2017/10/10
GMAT: 730, Q49, V41
GPA: 3.34
WE: 84 months
Submited on: 2017/10/08
Interviewed on: 2017/10/10
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
D-day for round one interview invites is here.
Good luck to all applicants
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  35   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts