Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Board of Directors
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
Just received an interview invite....so looks like they are still going!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
FuturePM91 wrote:
Just received an interview invite....so looks like they are still going!!

Congrats.. Good luck..

Did u schedule your Interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
Okay, I could see no invite has been offered after 24th Oct, I suppose.

Who all are waiting for the invites? Or have lost hopes?

To be honest, I am expecting one though have only 2% hope now. :P

I'm waiting too... Status still says "Complete and Sent to Committee for Review"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
I'm waiting as well. Is it me or has the admissions activity been much slower this year for all colleges?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
mgcon wrote:
I'm waiting as well. Is it me or has the admissions activity been much slower this year for all colleges?

I think it is for all of us.

I checked last year portal and looks like there were no invites at this time. I think game over.

What do you all think?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey guys - so how does it typically work if an applicant isn't invited to interview? Would Tepper notify you of that or you're just left wondering/guessing and don't hear anything? (The latter would drive me crazy!)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
JAE18 wrote:
Hey guys - so how does it typically work if an applicant isn't invited to interview? Would Tepper notify you of that or you're just left wondering/guessing and don't hear anything? (The latter would drive me crazy!)

So, they announce the final results on the decision notification date.

This result includes selected, rejected or waitlisted candidates.

Decision notification date for R1 is Dec 13, 2017.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Ah ok I see. Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
mgcon wrote:

I checked last year portal and looks like there were no invites at this time. I think game over.

What do you all think?

I would love to believe otherwise. I mean how can none of us (talking about Indians on GMATclub) here get an interview invite? I really wish that there is a wave of invites coming through. My friends & I have faced this issue with both the US colleges that I have applied to. I was really hopeful about getting an interview invite from Tepper or McDonough, considering I got an interview call from ISB, which is more stringent toward GMAT/academic scores
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
mgcon wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
mgcon wrote:

What do you all think?

I would love to believe otherwise. I mean how can none of us (talking about Indians on GMATclub) here get an interview invite? I really wish that there is a wave of invites coming through. My friends & I have faced this issue with both the US colleges that I have applied to. I was really hopeful about getting an interview invite from Tepper or McDonough, considering I got an interview call from ISB, which is more stringent toward GMAT/academic scores

I had an interview with Tepper and I can still see the interview sign-up schedule. There are exactly 18 interviews slots left over the next 2.5 weeks (most being on-campus slots). Depending on if other invited applicants don't sign up, there may still be a handful invites coming out.

Also for Georgetown, they really do roll-out invites in waves all the way to the notification date on December 20, so there is definitely still hope for McDonough.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
JAE18 wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:
Hi JAE.
I am yet to apply this year. But last year, I was accepted with 690 and then denied deferral. I am applying again in January round this year.
So, I'd say GMAT carries some importance, but by no means a deciding factor on its own - except when you are in a neck to neck competition with someone.
I'd say attend webinars, contact students, programs, etc. to make yourself known to the adcom / tepper.
Of course, it also matters what your professional progression looks like, how you volunteered / improved society, what you want to do with your MBA and while at school and so on...
As mundane and run of the mill it may sound, it is true with varying degrees for individual.
I also agree with Abhimahna that if you belong to overrepresented group - Indian/chinese, male, engineer, IT - you will have to work a little extra hard (and by little I mean 35% - 25% above average).

Hi Hiren, thanks for your reply and tips! When you say you were accepted but denied deferral - you mean you had to defer for 1 year but wasn't able to so you have to apply all over again?

As for the overrepresented group - i was under the impression that consulting was considered in that category as well.

Yeah, I have to reapply all again. It is fun though, isn't it? Once you take the stress factor out, it is, to me.
Yes, consulting too is overcrowded. But also the fact is, that is where the most of the class go - for most of the schools. That way, they have more alumni in that sector working and can help recruiting. And that is why, I personally wouldn't consider it to be over-represented - competitive, yes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.73
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello everyone, I plan to apply to Tepper this year but kind of worry considering my profile. I tried to reach out to some alumni that are Vietnamese but got no result - found no Vietnamese MBA student at Tepper (giving me one more reason to concern about my chance to get admission).
My profile is weak considering my professional experience and I would love some of your opinions on my chance of getting admission this year (I just want to set a reasonable expectation):

- Undergraduate major: Accounting (local university, very low ranking)
- GPA: 3.73
- GMAT: 730 (Q49, V39)
- Working experience:
2 years in Auditing (Big4 firm)
6 months in Consulting (Big4 firm)
- Social activities: Local Tedx Event, Operation Smile (research volunteer and non-medical volunteer - more than 1 year)
- Teaching experience: 6 months for local Education Start-up

Thank you in advance!
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Why would you say your profile is weak? Sure you’re on the younger side, but you have great brand names, decent GMAT and you’re generally from an underrepresented geography.

I don’t see a reason why you’d have any issues scoring an invite at Tepper. You still should be really crafty with your resume and essays but on paper, you look solid for Tepper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
blinh1212 wrote:
Hello everyone, I plan to apply to Tepper this year but kind of worry considering my profile. I tried to reach out to some alumni that are Vietnamese but got no result - found no Vietnamese MBA student at Tepper (giving me one more reason to concern about my chance to get admission).
My profile is weak considering my professional experience and I would love some of your opinions on my chance of getting admission this year (I just want to set a reasonable expectation):

- Working experience:
- Social activities: Local Tedx Event, Operation Smile (research volunteer and non-medical volunteer - more than 1 year)

Thank you in advance!

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out. If you could post your query here , you will get the evaluation help from most of our expert consultants. This forum is explicitly for applications, interviews or general queries.

P.S: I think your profile is really strong considering your scores, GPA and maybe underrepresented community? :)

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.73
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
blinh1212 wrote:

- Working experience:

Thank you in advance!

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out. If you could post your query, you will get the evaluation help from most of our expert consultants. This forum is explicitly for applications, interviews or general queries.

P.S: I think your profile is really strong considering your scores, GPA and maybe underrepresented community? :)

Good Luck!

Thank you for your suggestion, I created another thread for profile evaluation!
Hope that I will have a chance to post on my interview invitation with Tepper in future :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
mgcon wrote:

What do you all think?

I think Game Over too!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hello Everyone!

Any new wave of interview invites ?

Expecting one but it has been long seeing "Completed and Sent for Committee Review"

Any guesstimates ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts