Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:47 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.89
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
avdgmat4777 wrote:

True.
IMO someone getting dinged for early decision and someone getting an interview invite for round 1 shows that Adcom is not reluctant but a bit specific for international students.

Well, yeah. I never said there'd be no internationals, I'm just surprised 3.9 and 690 didn't meet the filter
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
I got the rejection letter from Paul as well, totally crestfallen as I was somehow thinking that I might just make the cut. I think it my horrendous interview experience might have put the made the decision easier for them. :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cxa0897 wrote:
avdgmat4777 wrote:

True.
IMO someone getting dinged for early decision and someone getting an interview invite for round 1 shows that Adcom is not reluctant but a bit specific for international students.

Well, yeah. I never said there'd be no internationals, I'm just surprised 3.9 and 690 didn't meet the filter

I guess it is more about the diversity part. I think the % of Indians that make the cut is very less.

I will explain my analysis here:
Broad admits 70 out of which 32% are international i.e. around 22. So I guess max 10 Indians<diversity is also based on country I guess> will make the cut in 3 rounds for the international candidates.
And I am sure my profile is not above other Indians who have applied to Broad.

I hope this makes sense. Sometimes I feel I have gone mad :P

Also anyone who gets admit, do share your profile so that it will be helpful for others.
BSchool Moderator
Send PM
Anybody hear anything today?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Nothing yet

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
I submitted my application on 3rd and had some issues with the video essays, so I completed the essays and resubmitted them on 7th. However, I got an interview call on 8th. Isn't it too early to get a call? I really need some help on this.
BSchool Moderator
Send PM
sayak2708 wrote:
I submitted my application on 3rd and had some issues with the video essays, so I completed the essays and resubmitted them on 7th. However, I got an interview call on 8th. Isn't it too early to get a call? I really need some help on this.

What makes you think this is too early? Didn't round 1 end on the 6th? You might have just squeaked into that round
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
cxa0897 wrote:
sayak2708 wrote:

What makes you think this is too early? Didn't round 1 end on the 6th? You might have just squeaked into that round

OK. I was being skeptical for no reason then. Could you tell me what the chances of converting an interview are?
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Just got a generic email from Paul saying a decision was made. Logged in and it says I am accepted.

Hopefully I'm not the only one to get good news!

Profile is a 2.9x transcript gpa in engineering, bounced through 2 schools to finish my undergrad- 760 gmat - 4 years to date as a warehouse manager at two different (smallish) companies. Domestic applicant non urm

Originally posted by cxa0897 on 10 Nov 2017, 11:27.
Last edited by cxa0897 on 13 Nov 2017, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cxa0897 wrote:
Just got a generic email from Paul saying a decision was made. Logged in and it says I am accepted.

Profile is a 2.9x transcript gpa in engineering, bounced through 3 schools to finish my undergrad- 760 gmat - 4 years to date as a warehouse manager at two different (smallish) companies. Domestic applicant non urm

Congrats :)
Aiming any other schools?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
BSchool Moderator
Send PM
avdgmat4777 wrote:
cxa0897 wrote:

Profile is a 2.9x transcript gpa in engineering, bounced through 3 schools to finish my undergrad- 760 gmat - 4 years to date as a warehouse manager at two different (smallish) companies. Domestic applicant non urm

I interviewed with Ohio State Monday, and should hear back within a few days. I have no intentions of applying anywhere in round 2 now that I'm in at MSU. I had started Olin and USC apps as a backup but I won't follow through. I was never really sold on them like I was with the others.

Edit. Just checked my portal on Ohio State and it says waitlisted :cry:
On the positive side, this decision got pretty easy :-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cxa0897 wrote:
avdgmat4777 wrote:
cxa0897 wrote:

I interviewed with Ohio State Monday, and should hear back within a few days. I have no intentions of applying anywhere in round 2 now that I'm in at MSU. I had started Olin and USC apps as a backup but I won't follow through. I was never really sold on them like I was with the others.

Mixed feelings :)
Any detail of scholarship offered is mentioned in the portal?
BSchool Moderator
Send PM
avdgmat4777 wrote:
cxa0897 wrote:
avdgmat4777 wrote:
[quote="cxa0897"]Just got a generic email from Paul saying a decision was made. Logged in and it says I am accepted.

Mixed feelings :)
Any detail of scholarship offered is mentioned in the portal?[/quote]
Not in the portal.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cxa0897 wrote:

Congrats cxa!
BSchool Moderator
Send PM
After receiving a call from Paul I will certainly be at MSU next year. I hope to see some of you as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
cxa0897 wrote:

Congrats cxa!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
got accepted into the program with in state tuition waiver and 20K scholarship for each year. Thanks ALLAH...very happy after checking my emails
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts