Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [5]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: NUS '20
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
To all who have applied to NUS this year what rae the questions that the referees have to answer. I am starting to write my essays and i would like to give a heads up to my referees about the questions asked in the referral reports
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
Invited for Face to Face interview. Location: India
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Satya090 wrote:

Hi Satya, do you mind sharing when did you have the prelim interview ?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I saw many applicants are wondering what to expect on the interview, hence posting here interview debriefs of previous NUS applicants.

nathanbucs wrote:
I submitted my application last Oct 18, received an interview invite last Oct 21. Interviewed Oct 26. Was offered admissions just yesterday Nov 2 :) Hope everyone else did great.

Bit of a background on my academic profile. GPA is 2.98 with GMAT of 660. Not high by any standards but I focused a great deal on my application and essays.

On the interview: questions were very typical

Interview was conducted by a faculty member and from career services
1. Why MBA? Why NUS?
2. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
3. Tell me about your hobby
4. Any questions directed to the interviewers

Good luck to everyone else!

pria131 wrote:
NUS was my dream school and I wanted to apply it as early as possible due to the Rolling deadlines. The NUS adcom were really helpful as my references link were expired many times in the process and I had to request for new link everytime.

I applied on 28th december,2015 in the First round and got a call on 15th January for the Interview on 28th January. The interview was off-campus at a hotel in Delhi, India.

The interview was taken by 1 Adcom who was also an alumni and one alumni (Indian) who happened to be my undergrad colg alumni too (it did't help though)

The questions asked were :
1. Elevator pitch ( I was prepared for that because I had read many years' threads for the preparation)
2. Who is your Role model (who would you invite to NUS for a Coffee session) and Why?
3. How would NUS help you to achieve your Post MBA goal? (I told about the people I had talked to, Professors, courses etc. )
4. What is the difference between the working style of Koreans and Indians? ( I work in a Korean company BTW)
5. Since you have worked in Middle east, you should be knowing about the culture and the reaction of them towards working women. ( I did not visit middle east, but interacted with them virtually so I told them) - They were quite disappointed with this.
6. Have you ever been outside your country? I hadn't and they were now really disappointed. I told them that I had virtually interacted with many countries' sales and marketing teams.
7. One news about Asia pacific and One outside Asia-Pacific?
8. Name the 3 countries and companies where do you want to work after your MBA?
9. Tell us one situation where you had encountered a tough client.
10. Why should be take you? How you are good for Consulting?
11. Any questions for us?

Well Overall the questions were good and I answered them perfectly but somehow they did not get over the fact that I had not been abroad for work at least a single time. Well I believe that is because they are really selective and looking for the something extraordinary in a person's profile.

The interview lasted for around 40 minutes.

ankurgupta03 wrote:
It was quiet an interesting interview taken by 1 ADCOM and 1 Alum.
Below are the questions asked. I may miss the order of one or two questions:

1. Asked about the last year's interview
2. Elevator pitch
3. Questions about my startup. Quiet a lot of them infact. Around 5 - 6 questions. How will you manage while your MBA. About market strategies, about products etc.
4. Questions about my extra curricualrs
5. Again questions about the startup
6. What has improved from the last application
7. My views on any international happening. Talked about Paris attacks.
8. My views about the role of media in the news.
9. Any business leader I would want to meet over a cup of coffee
10. Where would you like to work
11. Questions about GMAT.
12. Why should we take you in 3 sentences.
13. Any questions for us

In all the interview lasted for 35 - 40 minutes.

Request to all current applicants: Please share your interview experience in this thread. It will help immensely to not only current applicants but future applicants also.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Anyone who get invite from NUS, please post your happiness here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/nus-209/app-tracker.html

CLICK ADD MY INFO - to add your profile. This can be confidential and anonymous - this will be really helpful to those waiting and applying in the future.

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Jaisingh23 wrote:
Satya090 wrote:

Hi Satya, do you mind sharing when did you have the prelim interview ?

I did not have any prelim interview before.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi All,

Do we have to upload the test taker copy of the GMAT score even if The official score is already available?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.98
Send PM
Invited for face to face on Nov 26, Mumbai!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Location-India. Invited for interview. Excited.
Is anyone interested in Double degree programs? Any insights on their pros and cons . It would be great if some alum or expert could throw some light on it. Narenn
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Interview scheduled for 30 Nov in Delhi
Prelim interview was short and comprised of mostly HR questions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RPUG07 wrote:

Congrats on the interview. Did you receive the invite today ?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
RPUG07 wrote:

Strangely I did not have any prelim interview. any got an invite without prelim interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: IIMB (A$)
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3
Send PM
Satya090 wrote:
RPUG07 wrote:

Strangely I did not have any prelim interview. any got an invite without prelim interview?

:lol:
From what I get through talking to some current students and reading some old posts, NUS admission process is very much complex and one of its kind. There is no time table or a set pattern to follow. So any prediction may prove futile. All a candidate can do is have patience and wait. If you read 2016 intake thread, there is a guy who was wait-listed without any interview in R1. The same guy got admit in R2 with a scholarship. There are a few who were invited directly for face to face interview only and got admit. I had my preliminary interview on 13th and although my interview went fine and I rated it 8 on 10 on my self assessment, I have not heard back for a 2nd round of interview up till now. I thought that I have been ditched until a current student told me that the entire process varies greatly from candidate to candidate and one is very much in the race until one gets a dinge close to the deadline. So all I can do now is have patience, calm my nerves, keep my fingers crossed and pray until I hear from them, either in or out. :lol: :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: NUS '20 (S)
Send PM
Hello everyone,

New to this forum. Has anyone received an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Schools: NUS '20 (A)
Send PM
Hi,

Did Anyone applied last week has a interview invitation?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: NUS '20 (II)
Send PM
Hi,

So I got invited for preliminary interview today to be held on 29th nov. But I am actually on travel from 24th to 29th. I have written to them asking for another time slot.
Would this be an issue ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
torrotorro wrote:
Location-India. Invited for interview. Excited.
Is anyone interested in Double degree programs? Any insights on their pros and cons . It would be great if some alum or expert could throw some light on it. Narenn

Sorry, I am not an expert on this. Probably an alum can provide you insights on NUS's double degree programs. You may also want to read the following articles to get a general advice on dual degree programs.
https://www.noodle.com/articles/mba-spe ... y-worth-it
https://www.thoughtco.com/mba-dual-degr ... ns-4141155
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
hanielprabhakar wrote:
Hello everyone,

New to this forum. Has anyone received an interview invite?

7 users have reported their interview invites on NUS Decision Tracker so far... https://gmatclub.com/forum/nus-209/app-tracker.html

Attachment:
NUS DTracker.png
NUS DTracker.png [ 149.6 KiB | Viewed 6238 times ]
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts