Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 43
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.75
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 141
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua Admitted Students: Class Of 2020 (2018 Intake) [#permalink]
GeoCid wrote:
Has anyone heard back from Re Vera about holds? I emailed them in October for the hold on contacting my employer and they said they were still downloading info from Fuqua and would notify me when it was done. Still haven't heard anything

Have you heard anything back? I asked Re Vera not to contact my present employer, they said that they were still downloading info and will send a confirmation email but I haven't received any confirmation yet!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Duke '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua Admitted Students: Class Of 2020 (2018 Intake) [#permalink]
Kudos
sveniga4 wrote:
GeoCid wrote:
Has anyone heard back from Re Vera about holds? I emailed them in October for the hold on contacting my employer and they said they were still downloading info from Fuqua and would notify me when it was done. Still haven't heard anything

Have you heard anything back? I asked Re Vera not to contact my present employer, they said that they were still downloading info and will send a confirmation email but I haven't received any confirmation yet!

I'm planning to wait until next week and then email them. By then it'll be a month since the last email which said they're downloading the packets from Fuqua. Plus, I doubt they're working this week! If I hear anything from them I'll post something
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [2]
Given Kudos: 141
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
GeoCid wrote:
sveniga4 wrote:
GeoCid wrote:

I'm planning to wait until next week and then email them. By then it'll be a month since the last email which said they're downloading the packets from Fuqua. Plus, I doubt they're working this week! If I hear anything from them I'll post something

Perhaps it depends also on whether the school has received (or not) the USD 3000 deposit? any thought? any news guys? in any case, enjoy thksgiving!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the hold notification via email a few minutes ago. I'm guessing they'll be adding a hold for everyone who requested one. If you don't receive an email today I'd contact them again! Now to just submit the deposit this week and then I'm all set until BDW...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Thanks!
At long last, some information regarding background check.

GeoCid wrote:
Just got the hold notification via email a few minutes ago. I'm guessing they'll be adding a hold for everyone who requested one. If you don't receive an email today I'd contact them again! Now to just submit the deposit this week and then I'm all set until BDW...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FYI, Fuqua released their employment report from last year: https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/sites/www1.f ... -11-17.pdf

Amazon was the biggest employer last year. And the median salary for all who accepted a position increased by $5k over last year, to $125k
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
GeoCid wrote:
FYI, Fuqua released their employment report from last year: https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/sites/www1.f ... -11-17.pdf

Amazon was the biggest employer last year. And the median salary for all who accepted a position increased by $5k over last year, to $125k

I think full time stats are a better indicator, don't you think so?. Looks like Deloitte hired the highest number of full times.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
sveniga4 wrote:
GeoCid wrote:

I think full time stats are a better indicator, don't you think so?. Looks like Deloitte hired the highest number of full times.

Oh yea, I agree. I guess that's why I've heard people call Fuqua "Duke Deloitte."

I am curious with Amazon ramping up the intern offers. Another thing to look for is where Amazon puts their HQ2 - Atlanta is the odds-on favorite supposedly (https://money.cnn.com/2017/10/24/news/co ... index.html). Could definitely help Fuqua in the future if that ends up holding true...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Excited to get started and meet you all! Can someone from the EA group share the PW for the FB group?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Agreed about the facebook group - excited to meet you all virtually!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.07
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
sent PM

Cleanenergyadvocate wrote:
Excited to get started and meet you all! Can someone from the EA group share the PW for the FB group?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.07
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Sent PM
mkohli01 wrote:
Agreed about the facebook group - excited to meet you all virtually!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
did anyone get a confirmation e-mail (or some type of notification) after registering for BDW?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
mbaguy1234 wrote:
did anyone get a confirmation e-mail (or some type of notification) after registering for BDW?

I signed up for April's BDW and didn't receive any notification emails.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V41
GRE 1: Q161 V161
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
Do you just email the bluedevilweekend email address to register for BDW in Feb? I didn't notice a registration tab on the website anywhere, maybe I am totally missing over this!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Do we have a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
champachameli wrote:
Do we have a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students?

I don't think there is one. Why don't we start one right now?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts