Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:26 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.89
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.89
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V41
WE:Account Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Anyone eagerly awaiting "Early Decision" results here? They roll out on Friday, Nov 17.
Fingers crossed!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carlson (Minnesota) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
Invited for interview!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Got the interview invite! :)

I'll be posting few questions on the forum as I prepare.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Got the call - I've been admitted! I attended the Connect with Carlson early decision event last month.

GMAT - 750
GPA - 3.8
Experience - 3.5 years, Big 4 / boutique consulting
Location - US
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Top Contributor
tapedispenser wrote:
Got the call - I've been admitted! I attended the Connect with Carlson early decision event last month.

GMAT - 750
GPA - 3.8
Location - US

w00t w00t! Congrats tapedispenser! Please reach out if you need any help, and celebrate today!

Having visited Carlson, could you share your impression/takeaways (perhaps a few sentences) from your visit when time permits? Your reflection could be helpful to forum members who are unable to visit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [6]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
AdmitJA wrote:
tapedispenser wrote:

GMAT - 750
GPA - 3.8
Location - US

w00t w00t! Congrats tapedispenser! Please reach out if you need any help, and celebrate today!

Having visited Carlson, could you share your impression/takeaways (perhaps a few sentences) from your visit when time permits? Your reflection could be helpful to forum members who are unable to visit.

Sure! Keep in mind that I have not visited other business schools formally yet, so I cannot completely evaluate how Carlson is in relation to other schools. That said, everyone I met was very warm and welcoming. Here are some highlights:
    1. Experiential learning - they are very proud of their Enterprise programs, which is well-deserved. Students stay in their chosen Enterprise for both years, and they get really valuable, immersive work experience that is helpful once they graduate. I think Carlson was either the first, or one of the first, business schools to do experiential learning engagements, and they're still one of the best at this.
    2. Small class size - everyone was sure to emphasize that Carlson combines a small class size with the resources of a large university. Most students I met seemed to know everyone else - which is quite different from schools where the class size is several hundred people. It also seems like everyone is able to get as much (or as little) help from the GBCC as they want.
    3. Practicality - I got the impression that Carlson does not mess around when it comes to classes and the job search. I'm confident that if I choose to matriculate, I will get a quality education and (provided I also put in the legwork) a job offer at the end of my experience.
    4. Carlson reputation - the visit and event reaffirmed the strength of a Carlson reputation, particularly in the Twin Cities. They are building their reputation in other regions of the country and even internationally, but it is certainly still strongest in the TC area.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V41
WE:Account Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Sad news to share :(

Attended the Connect with Carlson event, thought I did a pretty good job in the interviews and SOPs but well....
I got a WL email. Is there something I can do to sway the decision in my favor?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
tapedispenser wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:
tapedispenser wrote:

GMAT - 750
GPA - 3.8
Location - US

Sure! Keep in mind that I have not visited other business schools formally yet, so I cannot completely evaluate how Carlson is in relation to other schools. That said, everyone I met was very warm and welcoming. Here are some highlights:
    1. Experiential learning - they are very proud of their Enterprise programs, which is well-deserved. Students stay in their chosen Enterprise for both years, and they get really valuable, immersive work experience that is helpful once they graduate. I think Carlson was either the first, or one of the first, business schools to do experiential learning engagements, and they're still one of the best at this.
    2. Small class size - everyone was sure to emphasize that Carlson combines a small class size with the resources of a large university. Most students I met seemed to know everyone else - which is quite different from schools where the class size is several hundred people. It also seems like everyone is able to get as much (or as little) help from the GBCC as they want.
    3. Practicality - I got the impression that Carlson does not mess around when it comes to classes and the job search. I'm confident that if I choose to matriculate, I will get a quality education and (provided I also put in the legwork) a job offer at the end of my experience.
    4. Carlson reputation - the visit and event reaffirmed the strength of a Carlson reputation, particularly in the Twin Cities. They are building their reputation in other regions of the country and even internationally, but it is certainly still strongest in the TC area.

Thank you for sharing your insights .. These are very helpful and talk about Carlson's strength very much!
Do let us know your final decision regarding joining the school.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Top Contributor
tapedispenser wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:
tapedispenser wrote:

GMAT - 750
GPA - 3.8
Location - US

Very well written tapedispenser
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Top Contributor
MisterBrown wrote:
Hi Guys,

Sad news to share :(

Attended the Connect with Carlson event, thought I did a pretty good job in the interviews and SOPs but well....
I got a WL email. Is there something I can do to sway the decision in my favor?

MisterBrown, I am sorry to know that you got waitlisted. I think you have the advantage of time on your side since we are in the start of the admissions cycle. I would suggest that you get in touch with the Carlson Admissions team to get feedback on why you were waitlisted.

I know a student who got waitlisted last year. He got direct feedback, some of which he could work on, and some of which he could not work on due to personal constraints. He updated the admissions team on the progress he made on the feedback at the end of the year. I'd recommend the same process to you. Wish you the very best in working on the feedback you get.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Guys,

Dana took my interview when she visited India in September. When can I expect the result?
Also, is this fall under early decision that you guys are talking about?
AdmitJA
tapedispenser
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Guys,

Any idea who is conducting skype interviews?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Top Contributor
avdgmat4777 wrote:
Guys,

Any idea who is conducting skype interviews?

Admissions staff and current final year students, who are trained Graduate Assistants in the admissions team, conduct both in-person and skype interviews.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Top Contributor
KbSharma wrote:
Guys,

Dana took my interview when she visited India in September. When can I expect the result?
Also, is this fall under early decision that you guys are talking about?
AdmitJA
tapedispenser

No idea KbSharma. I think it is best to email Dana/the admissions team directly to seek clarification.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 58
Send PM
Kudos