Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [4]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 330
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 580 Q44 V26
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V30
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GPA: 3.05
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V41
WE:Account Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Merage (UC Irvine) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Hi Vishal,

Congrats on getting accepted to UC Irvine!
But I was wondering, was there an early-decision this year? I just submitted my application yesterday for the Nov 1 round.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Calling all Merage (UC Irvine) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Submitted in R1 on 31st Oct. Though the official TOEFL report still shows as pending, do you think they would push my application to the next round just for this reason?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I spoke to the Admissions Office at UC Irvine and they mentioned that if the application comes in before the Nov 1 deadline, it'll be considered in R1.
But they wont start looking into the application until they receive the TOEFL score - so you'll be considered for R1 and once the TOEFL reaches them (hopefully in 2-3 weeks from the time you ordered the report)

I'm in the same boat - TOEFL score hasn't reached UC Irvine although a couple other schools have received my score.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MisterBrown wrote:
I spoke to the Admissions Office at UC Irvine and they mentioned that if the application comes in before the Nov 1 deadline, it'll be considered in R1.
But they wont start looking into the application until they receive the TOEFL score - so you'll be considered for R1 and once the TOEFL reaches them (hopefully in 2-3 weeks from the time you ordered the report)

I'm in the same boat - TOEFL score hasn't reached UC Irvine although a couple other schools have received my score.

Thanks for the clarification. Surprisingly, the official score report was supposed to reach the school by 3rd Nov. I guess i’ll wait for a couple of days and then write to the school on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This group is eerily quiet!
Has anyone got their interview invites for R1 yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
MisterBrown wrote:
This group is eerily quiet!
Has anyone got their interview invites for R1 yet?

I got an email from the school asking to complete a video assessment. Anyone else got it?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Why is this thread so quiet? Applicants who interviewed in R1, mind sharing your interview experiences here please?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.85
WE:Account Management (Other)
Send PM
Hello,

I submitted my application materials on 11/1, then received confirmation that my application was complete on 11/7. I received an invite to complete a video interview on 11/14 and completed the video interview on 11/20. I have yet to hear anything back. Is this a bad sign? Has anyone who has completed a video interview received an invite for a skype/in person interview?

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I submitted on 31st Oct, but my TOEFL score report reached on 7th Nov, after which I received an 'application completion' email. I haven't heard from the school since then.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mmcclure wrote:
Hello,

I submitted my application materials on 11/1, then received confirmation that my application was complete on 11/7. I received an invite to complete a video interview on 11/14 and completed the video interview on 11/20. I have yet to hear anything back. Is this a bad sign? Has anyone who has completed a video interview received an invite for a skype/in person interview?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Any pointers on the interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.85
WE:Account Management (Other)
Send PM
Calling all Merage (UC Irvine) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
I would suggest practicing with the interview portal for a while before completing the actual interview, but know that the questions were not really close to the ones that they give you to practice with. My questions were along the lines of, "How do you gain commitment from your team?" and "Tell us about a time where you were unsure what your role was in a project. How did you handle that?" One thing that threw me off is that during the practice questions, they only allow 60 seconds for you to respond, whereas on the actual questions, they give you 90 seconds. This caused my timing to be a bit off when I got to the real questions. To be honest, I did not feel incredibly confident with my video interview and I got a bit nervous when I was responding. I'm worried that may be why I haven't received anything for an in-person interview :(

Update: I just received an invite for an in person interview - so excited!

Originally posted by mmcclure on 01 Dec 2017, 10:05.
Last edited by mmcclure on 01 Dec 2017, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys! Just received an invitation for a video interview from UC Irvine Paul Merage School.

I'm stoked and freaking out at the same time - it's a great school and Irvine is a lovely place.

How do I prepare for a video interview and give it my best shot??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
Send PM
mmcclure wrote:
I would suggest practicing with the interview portal for a while before completing the actual interview, but know that the questions were not really close to the ones that they give you to practice with. My questions were along the lines of, "How do you gain commitment from your team?" and "Tell us about a time where you were unsure what your role was in a project. How did you handle that?" One thing that threw me off is that during the practice questions, they only allow 60 seconds for you to respond, whereas on the actual questions, they give you 90 seconds. This caused my timing to be a bit off when I got to the real questions. To be honest, I did not feel incredibly confident with my video interview and I got a bit nervous when I was responding. I'm worried that may be why I haven't received anything for an in-person interview :(

Thank you for the insights! I just received the video interview request from UCI Merage too. Good luck on your onsite interview!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mmcclure wrote:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I received an invite for the video interview last night.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Completed the video assessment last evening, and got a Skype interview invite today
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
Send PM