Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 4
WE:Brand Management (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [2]
Given Kudos: 42
Schools: Yale '18 (M)
Send PM
Admitted
06 Dec, 2017
14 Dec 2017, 10:55
Private, GMAT: 750, Q49, V42; GPA: 3.74; WE: 96 months; United States; via Phone [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Do I need to live in USA to be accepted to yale.?
I'm from Frankfurt, Germany
Where do I need to send the application?
Thanks, Guys!
Admitted
06 Dec, 2017
21 Dec 2017, 09:16
allenbecky8 GMAT: 720, Q46, V42; GPA: 3.66; WE: 36 months; United States; via Phone [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Wilch wrote:
edgeook8 wrote:
I am kind of in shock that I was rejected and truly saddened. I thought that a round 3 WL would translate to an acceptance or at least another WL, particularly because no concrete reason for the WL and eventual rejection was provided apart from lack of space. I also remained on the WL until the last possible day, which I now know doesn't really mean much. I feel that I must really have rubbed them the wrong way or bombed my interview, which feels deeply personal -- more personal than if it was due to some objective measure. I mean, I am a URM, LGBT, test scores comfortably above SOM's averages, an inconsistent UG record at a top-50 school that was tempered by a good record at an Ivy League grad school with 5/6 years WE (depending on how you count it) in which I progressed as far as I could within my field (no career ladder in teaching). Again, I am BY NO MEANS a perfect candidate, but I don't know why in R1 I went from waitlist-able, to reject-able when I was told I had nothing at all to work on.

Sounds like you're a strong candidate. I wouldn't let this get you down. On paper, my profile is much weaker than yours and had you asked anyone familiar with the MBA application process, they'd probably favor your profile over mine. Unless your resume is absolutely gold plated and diamond studded, admissions is a game of luck. A friend of mine was rejected by a handful of schools without interview, including Yale, but was given a full scholarship at Booth.

Take some time off to reflect. Talk to others and look for weaknesses in your application. Don't give up & keep applying.

Humility, empathy, self-awareness, perfect example of implicit leadership! I can see why you are matriculating from Yale Wilch.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
alex3215 wrote:
Do I need to live in USA to be accepted to yale.?
I'm from Frankfurt, Germany
Where do I need to send the application?
Thanks, Guys!

Hey alex3215! I don't believe there's any such pre-requisite for being accepted to Yale. In fact, 45% of SOM's class of 2019 are international passport holders. You can check out the entire class profile here: https://som.yale.edu/programs/mba/admis ... ss-profile

You will need to fill an online application form which you can access here: https://admissions.som.yale.edu/apply/

Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Can anyone else confirm if there is grade non-disclosure at Yale? My research suggests not / a hybrid system has been implemented whereby the top two grades are disclosed on your transcript (ie still disclosed partially) but not others.

But Wilch, as a current student has confirmed that Yale does have grade non-disclosure. Which is (good) news to me!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
fullns wrote:
Can anyone else confirm if there is grade non-disclosure at Yale? My research suggests not / a hybrid system has been implemented whereby the top two grades are disclosed on your transcript (ie still disclosed partially) but not others.

But Wilch, as a current student has confirmed that Yale does have grade non-disclosure. Which is (good) news to me!

I’m not sure what the current policy is but I do remember reading about it because it was under debate recently at Yale. Usually you can find the grading policy in the student handbook for the school though. Also a current student would probably be the next most accurate source of information.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
abhishekmdb88

Wow thanks mate, This helps me a lot :D
Thank youuu ! :* hehe
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Yale '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
fullns wrote:

I’m not sure what the current policy is but I do remember reading about it because it was under debate recently at Yale. Usually you can find the grading policy in the student handbook for the school though. Also a current student would probably be the next most accurate source of information.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Current first-year at SOM here. You are correct--the grading policy can be found here (Ctrl+F for "Grades"): https://bulletin.printer.yale.edu/htmlfi ... ogram.html

Only High Honors (top 10%) and Honors (next 25%) are noted on transcripts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Almost ready with the application.
GRE - 339/340 (V: 169, Q: 170)
UG GPA - 85/100, MS GPA - 3.7/4.0 (Reputed US School)
WE - 72 Months (Software Engineer/Tech Lead in the US subsidiary of a top MNC)
Applying from: USA (Living here for last 6 years)
Citizenship: India

Originally posted by knowledgeforaction on 28 Dec 2017, 14:58.
Last edited by knowledgeforaction on 04 Jan 2018, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: Stern '20 (M)
Send PM
I had a question on the application.

On the Activities page, I need to list out two undergrad activities and two post-undergrad activities.

I have a post-graduate degree as well. Where do the activities from there go - in the undergrad section or the post-undergrad? From what it looks like to me, by post-undergrad, Yale means 'while working'. Or does it?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 184 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.65
WE:Marketing (Education)
Send PM
Submit my application for Round 2, wish me luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 660 Q39 V40
Send PM
Hey guys, just paid for my application.

It says a link will appear 'shortly' on the status page so that I can answer the video questions. I've been waiting for 15 minutes and still haven't seen any link. Has anyone else had to have waited so long? The deadline to answer the video question is the 10th, but I'm wondering why the link isn't showing as yet.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [1]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
calappa1234 wrote:
Hey guys, just paid for my application.

It says a link will appear 'shortly' on the status page so that I can answer the video questions. I've been waiting for 15 minutes and still haven't seen any link. Has anyone else had to have waited so long? The deadline to answer the video question is the 10th, but I'm wondering why the link isn't showing as yet.

Give it some time, you have till 10th i guess to submit the videos
Denied
08 Nov, 2017
04 Jan 2018, 15:29
dudemanguy44 GMAT: 760, Q48, V46; WE: 60 months; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 660 Q39 V40
Send PM
mbsingh wrote:

Give it some time, you have till 10th i guess to submit the videos

Yea, it popped up after about an hour. Any idea if we get to review the video essay after we've completed/submitted it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
For the Video Interview, I am aware that the Yale SOM Adcom says that we do not "need" to talk for 60/90 seconds.
Let's say I start talking and put out a couple of valid points that addresses the question in around 30 seconds and I am unable to come up with anything else impromptu.
Should I use fillers for a few seconds, think something and get back on track or just end it at 30 seconds?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts