Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:29 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [14]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Admitted
04 Dec, 2017
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V53
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
bigfoot369 wrote:
Those who have received interview invites - is there a choice between a f2f interview in NYC and a Skype interview? Also, what's the time window they provide for the interview date? I applied late October and curious if an interview invite would disrupt my Xmas vacation plans. Not that I would mind TBH :-)

Interviews are done face to face with an alum in your area.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
thatmbahope wrote:
Due to me and the interviewer's holiday vacation schedules, we can't meet up for an interview together until late in the week of Jan 8... since it's rolling admissions, would this hurt me a lot having my interview done so late? Or am I overthinking this? Any advice would be appreciated!

CBS suggested a turnaround time of less than 3-4 weeks. It's rolling so technically it can hurt but I doubt it matters that much since there shouldn't be a lot going on during the holiday season. I got matched with an interviewer who wasn't be free until January, so I politely declined and requested a new alum and we met 2 days later.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
anyone who submitted after Oct 24 hear back from CBS about an interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
mbaguy1234 wrote:

Submitted on Oct 10, but still haven't heard anything yet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
BO10 wrote:
mbaguy1234 wrote:

Wow, that’s ridiculous. Have you considered calling admissions to ask what’s up?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bigfoot369 wrote:
BO10 wrote:
mbaguy1234 wrote:

Wow, that’s ridiculous. Have you considered calling admissions to ask what’s up?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I decided to wait since 6 weeks didn't pass yet, and I don't want to seem aggressive:) I think there are few other people as well who sent around 10/10 and haven't received any communication yet.

I am assuming we should expect a lot of decisions this week since there was no major communication for the past 10 days
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's been ~10 weeks right? Am I missing something? I understand not wanting to come across as aggressive (or worse, needy), so it's cool if you want to wait, but I applied 3 weeks after you and I was considering calling admissions since 6 weeks have passed. I think I will hold off on that, lol.

Also, I really hope you're right about this week being a big one, but I'm starting to think they're probably taking the rest of the month off.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bigfoot369 wrote:
It's been ~10 weeks right? Am I missing something? I understand not wanting to come across as aggressive (or worse, needy), so it's cool if you want to wait, but I applied 3 weeks after you and I was considering calling admissions since 6 weeks have passed. I think I will hold off on that, lol.

Also, I really hope you're right about this week being a big one, but I'm starting to think they're probably taking the rest of the month off.

I think 6 week count starts from the day they sent the email that they are reviewing RD applications, since this was in the email:

"Thank you for your application to Columbia Business School. We will begin reviewing Regular Decision applications today, November 14, in the order in which they were received. Our goal is either to invite for an interview, or to deny an applicant, within six weeks from today. In practice, we expect to complete this process in less than four weeks. For updates on your status please login to your application status page."

That's why I'm assuming that all applications received before this date will be reviewed by the end of this year.

I hope we'll get some update soon!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BO10 wrote:
bigfoot369 wrote:

I think 6 week count starts from the day they sent the email that they are reviewing RD applications, since this was in the email:

"Thank you for your application to Columbia Business School. We will begin reviewing Regular Decision applications today, November 14, in the order in which they were received. Our goal is either to invite for an interview, or to deny an applicant, within six weeks from today. In practice, we expect to complete this process in less than four weeks. For updates on your status please login to your application status page."

That's why I'm assuming that all applications received before this date will be reviewed by the end of this year.

I hope we'll get some update soon!

Yeah that makes sense. I completely forgot about that email. Glad I didn't call admissions and make a fool of myself. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bigfoot369 wrote:
Yeah that makes sense. I completely forgot about that email. Glad I didn't call admissions and make a fool of myself. Thanks!

No worries! Good luck!
Waitlisted
18 Dec, 2017
18 Dec 2017, 10:26
lebaagarb GMAT: 760, Q50, V41; GPA: 3.2; WE: 64 months; Brazil; via Email [#permalink]
Admitted
24 Oct, 2017
18 Dec 2017, 11:12
ethanwoo GMAT: 730, Q50, V39; GPA: 3.83; WE: 27 months; United States; via Phone [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
18 Dec, 2017
18 Dec 2017, 17:42
mkohli01 GMAT: 690, Q44, V40; GPA: 3.53; WE: 62 months; United States, NY; via Email [#permalink]
Admitted
18 Dec, 2017
18 Dec 2017, 23:44
Private, GMAT: 690, Q44, V41; GPA: 3.4; WE: 84 months; United States, NY; via Phone [#permalink]
RD rolling admissions acceptance calls are starting to come in. Got mine today!
Waitlisted
05 Dec, 2017
19 Dec 2017, 05:35
jdaly29 GMAT: 740, Q47, V46; GPA: 3.6; WE: 36 months; United Kingdom; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
anyone know why some are hearing back about interview invites while others who submitted earlier have not heard back?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Due to me and the interviewer's holiday vacation schedules, we can't meet up for an interview together until late in the week of Jan 8... since it's rolling admissions, would this hurt me a lot having my interview done so late? Or am I overthinking this? Any advice would be appreciated!

^ I am in the exact same position, but it's me whose messing things up (out of the country from 12/22-1/5). It's a bummer, but it is what it is
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts