Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:24 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Application Status

41% [16]
2% [1]
51% [20]
5% [2]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HSG SIM"20
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all St.Gallen SIM Applicants 2018-19 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Moved the discussion to St Gallen forum. I've also added data table in the first post to display application status of applicants.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
linlinli wrote:
Hello!

I'm currently preparing for the application for 2018 intake.

I have some problems regarding the proof for extracurriculars.

The admission requires proof for each extra-curricular experiences, I wonder if I should have someone translate those into English (I'm from Taiwan so many of the proof/certificate are in Chinese)

I've asked whether it should be verified by the officials, and the reply is no need. But for the translation, I'm not sure. Can I translate by myself? How should it be presented?

Looking forward to someone to answer this~ :-) :-)

For me, they weren't strict about the proof. I asked and they said that rather than looking for official certificates or something like that, they're happy with anything that shows that you were actually doing it. In one case, a picture was even enough evidence. But maybe the situation is different with me because I did my undergrad in St Gallen, so they know all the extracurriculars I was a part of. I would consider sending them another email, they're very nice about answering questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
EMN94 wrote:
linlinli wrote:
Hello!

I'm currently preparing for the application for 2018 intake.

I have some problems regarding the proof for extracurriculars.

The admission requires proof for each extra-curricular experiences, I wonder if I should have someone translate those into English (I'm from Taiwan so many of the proof/certificate are in Chinese)

I've asked whether it should be verified by the officials, and the reply is no need. But for the translation, I'm not sure. Can I translate by myself? How should it be presented?

Looking forward to someone to answer this~ :-) :-)

For me, they weren't strict about the proof. I asked and they said that rather than looking for official certificates or something like that, they're happy with anything that shows that you were actually doing it. In one case, a picture was even enough evidence. But maybe the situation is different with me because I did my undergrad in St Gallen, so they know all the extracurriculars I was a part of. I would consider sending them another email, they're very nice about answering questions.

Thank you so much for the reply. Just sent them an email for more info.
Admitted
19 Dec, 2017
21 Dec 2017, 23:03
ashishdaf GMAT: 700, Q45, V41; GPA: 3.4; WE: 24 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone!

Thanks kol55 for making this thread. I applied in R1 and got accepted two days ago. I am very happy with the result and eagerly await this new adventure! Feel free to say hi or if you have any queries regarding the application process, I'd be more than happy to answer. Good luck to all those applying in the upcoming rounds. Congratulations to you too EMN94! Looking forward to getting to know all my future classmates.

Originally posted by ashishdaf on 21 Dec 2017, 23:22.
Last edited by ashishdaf on 22 Dec 2017, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Thanks everyone for the contribution to the topic!

You are welcome to share your background as well.
Admitted
19 Dec, 2017
22 Dec 2017, 04:36
Private, GMAT: 760, Q47, V49; GPA: 3.5; Switzerland; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Dear all,

Congrats first of all to those already admitted! I am still slightly confused by the application format, but maybe you can help me out here.

Do you know what they expect in terms of the essay? In particular, do they really expect a bibliography, that is, an academic essay or much rather a personal argumentative essay?

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Musicholic wrote:
Dear all,

Congrats first of all to those already admitted! I am still slightly confused by the application format, but maybe you can help me out here.

Do you know what they expect in terms of the essay? In particular, do they really expect a bibliography, that is, an academic essay or much rather a personal argumentative essay?

Cheers!

Hey Musicholic

I actually had the same question so I asked the admissions team.
It turns out that they want more of an argumentative essay where you convey your opinions rather than cite those of others.

I think that the citations are more for e.g. if you're citing someone who you then argue that you agree/disagree with, or if you're using a statistic. That's at least how I used them and I ended up with 5 citations. I have my onboarding interview this week so I will know more about what they thought about my essay after that.

I hope that helps :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hey, congratulations for everyone that got accepted already !!

I got invited to record the interview and I am a little bit nervous how it will work out for me.

Can you guys maybe talk about your interview experience and the questions you answered? That would help me a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
jwd wrote:

I got invited to record the interview and I am a little bit nervous how it will work out for me.

Can you guys maybe talk about your interview experience and the questions you answered? That would help me a lot!

Hey jwd!

The interview is definitely a unique experience. Unlike typical interviews which ask about motivation, career plans etc. the SIM video interview will test your ability to think on your feet. You will have to answer 6 to 7 pre-recorded questions. For each question you will be given 30 to 45 seconds to think and then roughly 1 to 2 minutes to answer depending on the question. The questions range from critical thinking based to opinion based questions. These questions are randomly picked from a question bank and are different for each candidate. The main aim of the interview is not to necessarily find the 'right answer' but rather to analyze how well you can handle yourself and whether you are a right fit for the program. Let your answers reflect who you are as a person and what you believe in. Practice with the mock questions which are available on the interview portal so that you are comfortable with the process. Hope this helps.

Good luck for the interview! :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ashishdaf wrote:
jwd wrote:

Hey jwd!

The interview is definitely a unique experience. Unlike typical interviews which ask about motivation, career plans etc. the SIM video interview will test your ability to think on your feet. You will have to answer 6 to 7 pre-recorded questions. For each question you will be given 30 to 45 seconds to think and then roughly 1 to 2 minutes to answer depending on the question. The questions range from critical thinking based to opinion based questions. These questions are randomly picked from a question bank and are different for each candidate. The main aim of the interview is not to necessarily find the 'right answer' but rather to analyze how well you can handle yourself and whether you are a right fit for the program. Let your answers reflect who you are as a person and what you believe in. Practice with the mock questions which are available on the interview portal so that you are comfortable with the process. Hope this helps.

Good luck for the interview! :-)

I totally agree. It's like nothing you've probably ever experienced before. Just prepare yourself mentally that it will make you uncomfortable no matter how much you try to prepare, and just try to be yourself haha. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: HSG '21 (A)
Send PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if the SIM program offers any scholarships to its students? Are they substantial enough to cover all tuition fee?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Harneet1993 wrote:
Hey guys, I was wondering if the SIM program offers any scholarships to its students? Are they substantial enough to cover all tuition fee?

There is some useful information on the university website: https://www.unisg.ch/en/studium/master/ ... im-studies
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Dear all,

has anyone heard anything back from his/her R2 application? My status is still at "Application received - being processed". Are there any sub-steps or will the status switch directly to admitted/rejected?

Best,
Musicholic
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 115
Send PM
Hi

got a question concerning the admission criteria of ST Gallen SIM.

I only got a 600 on my gmat
but I do have a GPA of 3.9
worked most of the time part time in a marketing position and did 2 internships
I also did a semester abroad at the UT, McCombs and received a letter of honor for academic merit

Since my gmat is comparebly bad, do you think I should even try to apply or do you think that this would just be a waste of the 250 Euro application fee?
thank you!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Does anyone know what sort of score one should be aiming for on their application scoring chart, even just roughly.

Those who were interviewed, can you give us an example of the types of questions you got asked that were tricky.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts