Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
utsavsharma19 wrote:
Hi VijayG6387,

Your article really is helpful. I got an interview call today with Ms. Keum. The points you mentioned really helped alot to get a first hand impression of the course.

As for the interview it went on for about 50 minutes. Though there was some problem with the audio and video from her side initially. Later we just switch on to audio as her camera didn't start. I am not sure if the interview is supposed to be so long and comprehensive. She did really go into the details from Letter of Recommendations, Resume, Work Experience, Essays, and even a few things personally. I think I did answer all the questions truthfully but I'am not sure what can be said.

How does one assess the chances to get an offer ?

Regards,
Utsav

Hey Utsav,

It's highly difficult to assess the chances and more importantly not worth the time and anxiety. More than anything, if you have a decent conversation, and you connected well, it should be okay. As long as you've done your part, and believe you've given it a good shot, just focus on other things. You should hear from Desautels in a few weeks (cause of the holidays). Enjoy the holidays, good luck and all the best.

Best Regards,
Vijay G
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
parameshkk wrote:
schitijk wrote:
Can anyone please help with Essay2?

While pursuing your MBA studies, what steps do you believe you need to take in order to achieve your career goals?

What are they looking for in this essay? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi schitijk,

In my opinion, for this essay, you need to elaborate the efforts, which you are going to undertake during the MBA program in order to achieve your career goals. An illustrative example for this may be as follows:

# Joining relevant professional clubs in Desautels that will keep you updated with your particular industry and also help you network with like-minded people;
# Connecting with the alumni from this industry for seeking internships or jobs or to understand what work happens at the ground level;
# Reading relevant columns from renowned publications such as the Economist. It improves your overall knowledge of worldly affairs and you can also link it with your industry and career goals;
# If you are planning to take up a job in Montreal, you could probably state that you plan on studying French along with your MBA, so that you are better placed to secure a job at Montreal

These are some points, which I feel could be some steps to reach your career goal. In a similar fashion, you could think through the factors necessary for you to achieve your goal.

I look at it more like a math problem: You have 'A' abilities, but you need to have 'AAA' abilities to reach your career goal. So you figure out and elaborate how to achieve those two As in the best possible manner!

I hope I was able to clarify your queries. Happy winters!

Regards,
PK

Thanks a ton!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 293 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Hello,

I want to know if the essay and all can be submitted only after payment of the application fee?

I don't see any option of submitting the essay right now in the application form. I have only entered my personal info right now and not uploaded any documents and can't seem to find out where to upload the essays and documents.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
ashikaverma13 wrote:
Hello,

I want to know if the essay and all can be submitted only after payment of the application fee?

I don't see any option of submitting the essay right now in the application form. I have only entered my personal info right now and not uploaded any documents and can't seem to find out where to upload the essays and documents.

Thanks!

yes..u need to submit/pay first before you can upload the documents !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
Does anyone have any updates? I submitted application on 3rd week of December and haven’t heard from Admission Committee. I am a little bit worried:(

Posted from my mobile device
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3127 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Was thinking about applying.
The essays seem too peculiar and in depth.

Anyways here are my queries ->
1) Will the official test score (GRE/GMAT) be needed to send before admittance ?
2) Is there a buffer time for recommendations to reach the university after the application or is it strictly before the app?

Best
Stone Cold
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
stonecold wrote:
Was thinking about applying.
The essays seem too peculiar and in depth.

Anyways here are my queries ->
1) Will the official test score (GRE/GMAT) be needed to send before admittance ?
2) Is there a buffer time for recommendations to reach the university after the application or is it strictly before the app?

Best
Stone Cold

Test scores need to be submitted before application can be considered complete. For recommendations I think you should check up with admissions or may be ask on the thread > https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-about-mc ... 34790.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
SS688 wrote:
Hey everyone, I have been looking at the Essay Q.s for Desautels and am wondering how different the answers for Q. 2 and 3 are meant to be. Generally, one would treat Q.3 as your standard 'Why MBA? Why now? Why this program?' question, but then Q.2 appears to be similar in nature (albeit more specific). Further, the use of "As concisely as possible" in Q.3 also trips me up, since I get the feeling that one should integrate a lot of the generic MBA essay in Q.2 and then leave only additional bits for Q.3.

Yes I know that's me rambling, but its all somewhat confusing. Don't judge me too much! Any advice from experts?

HAHA I have the exact same question?
How are Q2 and Q3 different?

While pursuing your MBA studies, what steps do you believe you need to take in order to achieve your career goals? (Maximum 500 words)
AND
As concisely as possible, please explain why you intend on pursuing your MBA studies at this time and how the Desautels MBA program will help you in achieving your professional goals. (Maximum 500 words)

Also is it worth applying for R3 as an applicant? I sadly missed the R2 deadlines as my application wasn't ready yet :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Any idea by when can we expect an interview call for R2?

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had just been admitted to McGill. Do we have a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted studenr to exchange information? If not, would you like me to create one? Send me your number and I’ll add to group. Thanks all

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
akiraetou wrote:
I had just been admitted to McGill. Do we have a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted studenr to exchange information? If not, would you like me to create one? Send me your number and I’ll add to group. Thanks all

In which round did you apply?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Any R3 international applicants?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
J1741 wrote:
akiraetou wrote:

In which round did you apply?

Between round 1 and round 2.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 715 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Invited to Interview
31 Jan, 2018
31 Jan 2018, 14:45
Private, GMAT: 710, Q48, V40; GPA: 3.21; WE: 48 months; Canada; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I got my admit today. Super thrilled to be joining the McGill MBA Class of 2020!

I heard there is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for the admits. Can someone please let me know how to join it?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts