Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:58 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
Admitted
15 Dec, 2017
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Denied- and I travelled there twice. Seeing some super high GMAT scores on the admits. Getting really competitive I guess
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
02 Jan 2018, 13:48
gumer88 GMAT: 680, Q41, V38; GPA: 3.08; WE: 72 months; Mexico; via Phone [#permalink]
Admitted
13 Dec, 2017
03 Jan 2018, 11:42
Chanda2017 GMAT: 710, Q49, V39; GPA: 3.42; WE: 48 months; United States; via Phone [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
sprinni wrote:
Round 2 submitted--best of luck to everyone this admission cycle!

Finished the video essay. Bit more difficult than expected, even with practice. Such an unfamiliar medium. Hopefully not too much emphasis is placed on that first ice breaker question. :dazed

Hey sprinni. I still cringe when I think about my video recordings from Round 1... Felt I had probably practiced enough going into, but didn't think so after. The icebreaker question was annoying because the personal question coincidentally related directly to my job and I not only gave a different answer than I would have with more thought but also I didn't think my delivery was too great. Anyways ended up being fine it seems since I was accepted Round 1. Probably is a combination of not being as big of a deal/not as much emphasis on the video essay, they know not to expect an Oscar-winning performance or have it be the same as meeting us in person, and we're harsh judges on ourselves. Wouldn't worry about it much at this point.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Congrats to everybody who got into Kellogg! And good luck to R2 applicants!

This forum was of great help when I was applying last year. While one can't really do anything about the anxiety and stress that comes with the waiting period, just understand that it will all be alright! :)

I have been writing about my Kellogg experience on my blog; I talk about my learnings and the approaches I explore to get more benefits from the experience. If anybody is keen to get a head start to learn about the experience, you can read my take here - https://kellogg-experience.com. I got a ton of help from resources like this last year and thought you guys might benefit from this as well.

Thanks and all the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
sprinni wrote:

Finished the video essay. Bit more difficult than expected, even with practice. Such an unfamiliar medium. Hopefully not too much emphasis is placed on that first ice breaker question. :dazed

I too felt I did pretty awkwardly on the video essays and even got cut-off at the end of the one we already know the question for (showing I should have probably prepared a bit more for that one). However, I still got in with a scholarship in the first round, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. If the rest of your application is great, and you show you can communicate well in your interview, I don't think too much emphasis will be placed on how you did in the video essays. I'm sure we're also a lot harder on ourselves about them than the admissions committee will be since they know that it's not a rehearsed script and most people won't be able to provide a perfectly rehearsed answer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Quick question for people on the application form:

In the employment section, since it only asks for "title", and not starting and ending titles, if you have been promoted from analyst to senior analyst at company XYZ, should you make 2 separate entries for each position or just make one with "Senior Analyst"?

If you were to make just one, I would take it that you try and summarize as much as possible in description of duties?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tta344 wrote:

In the employment section, since it only asks for "title", and not starting and ending titles, if you have been promoted from analyst to senior analyst at company XYZ, should you make 2 separate entries for each position or just make one with "Senior Analyst"?

If you were to make just one, I would take it that you try and summarize as much as possible in description of duties?

I just went and looked back at application from Round 1 and it looks like it asked for “Ending position” and on the same entry, it also asks for starting and ending salary. I just put two entries...one for my previous employer and one for my current employer, and for my current employer, I entered my ending position (current position) and then put the description of my current role and put my starting salary with the company and ending salary (current salary) with the company.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
tta344 wrote:

This was a question on the Kellogg application tips webinar and the adcom suggested having a separate entry for each role within the same company. She said this will help during review to make it easy for them to look at your career progression.

Just for reference, I have had 4 different roles at same firm, and created 4 separate entries.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
stoiczoan wrote:
tta344 wrote:

This was a question on the Kellogg application tips webinar and the adcom suggested having a separate entry for each role within the same company. She said this will help during review to make it easy for them to look at your career progression.

Just for reference, I have had 4 different roles at same firm, and created 4 separate entries.

That is actually very interesting that they said that because when I applied earlier this year, it literally just asked for each employer and for each employer it only asked for ending position, starting salary, and ending salary, so I only put one entry for each of my two previous employers. Maybe they changed it for round 2...? Also, maybe she was talking about the resume because on my resume I did describe each role individually, but on the actual application employment section, based on how they worded the questions, I just put my most recent role.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
kardonirish24 wrote:
stoiczoan wrote:
tta344 wrote:

That is actually very interesting that they said that because when I applied earlier this year, it literally just asked for each employer and for each employer it only asked for ending position, starting salary, and ending salary, so I only put one entry for each of my two previous employers. Maybe they changed it for round 2...? Also, maybe she was talking about the resume because on my resume I did describe each role individually, but on the actual application employment section, based on how they worded the questions, I just put my most recent role.

Its on this webinar towards the end.. https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... inder.aspx?

It seemed like a passive suggestion.. so I don't think it is a make-or-break situation ( as is clearly supported by your admit kardonirish24 ) .. they would get the overall employment picture through the resume in any case..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
Send PM
ThadGA08 wrote:
sprinni wrote:

Hey sprinni. I still cringe when I think about my video recordings from Round 1... Felt I had probably practiced enough going into, but didn't think so after. The icebreaker question was annoying because the personal question coincidentally related directly to my job and I not only gave a different answer than I would have with more thought but also I didn't think my delivery was too great. Anyways ended up being fine it seems since I was accepted Round 1. Probably is a combination of not being as big of a deal/not as much emphasis on the video essay, they know not to expect an Oscar-winning performance or have it be the same as meeting us in person, and we're harsh judges on ourselves. Wouldn't worry about it much at this point.

Thanks for the kind words! It's so funny. That first question was beyond easy. Second nature almost. My response is not indicative of how I interact with anyone, ever. C'est la vie.

Thankful for interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
I just got a call from Kellogg saying they want to set up a call with the Dean.

I've seen from past year forums that they call to say the class is full or to offer PT. But I was just rejected, and not even on the waitlist...

Anybody got any ideas?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
meridian91 wrote:

I've seen from past year forums that they call to say the class is full or to offer PT. But I was just rejected, and not even on the waitlist...

Anybody got any ideas?

I had a very similar experience with Sloan. I was denied for the 2yr program but they recommended I apply to the 1yr Fellows program. I talked to the Admissions Director. On Saturday, though she let me know that I was being denied for Fellows as well. Since Kellogg also has a 1yr program, I suspect it may be similar. They want to encourage you to apply to the 1yr program. Do you have a lot of work experience or are a little older?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
meridian91 wrote:

Anybody got any ideas?

I would guess it's the part-time pitch if you're in Chicago, I received the same call.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Yeah I'm in Chicago, and will have 4 years of WE by the start time. But I'm wanting to make a industry transition from advertising to brand management. So the PT/1-year program would have many downsides that makes me hesitate despite the Kellogg name. Sad thing is my alma mater is Northwestern...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I had the same issue with Sloan's program. At least it's another option if they are interested in you.

Makes me think I need to emphasize in my essay that the 2-year program specifically is the best fit for me.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts