Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 46
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
goingfor650 wrote:
PrasanthVK,

Thank you for the input. Do you know how good their internship program is? I am sure that a lot of co-op students get almost guaranteed placements for 3 terms, but I've read from the forum that the university does not really provide much support for FT students, and it might be possible to graduate without any experiences. As my background is not in business and as I am not from Ontario, getting an experience before graduation is one of the most important factors I am considering now. My experience is 4 years (5 years with internship for my undergrad), so I guess I am really in between the two options.
Do you know what the university said about the summer internship or any internship opportunities for FT students?

Hey!
You are right. Their flagship programme is the co-op and they give the most attention to that. Having said that, getting an internship is basically the student's responsibility in any university. There will a placement cell and it is up to you to secure an internship for yourself. Are you from Canada? If you have prior work experience in Canada, then you do not need an internship as much as say, someone like me. Furthermore, keep in mind that the class profile of DeGroote University will be on the younger side. Average student age is 26 and average work experience around 3 years.
In my case, I got admission from University of Alberta. So I have selected that.

All the best!
Prasanth VK
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [4]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey Guys,

Just received an offer letter from Degroote for Co-op MBA with $4000 scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
ronit1894 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Just received an offer letter from Degroote for Co-op MBA with $4000 scholarship.

Congrats Ronit. I have my CoOp interview in 3 days. Any suggestions you would like to give.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys,

My name is Aashish Malhotra and I am a current MBA co-op student at DeGroote School of Business and will graduate December 2018. I've been getting a lot of messages in my inbox about questions regarding the program. I'm not really active on gmatclub because of other commitments. I would suggest sending all questions on LinkedIn or If somebody can take the initiatives of creating a https://gmatclub.com/chat group and them Pm'ing me for my number?

Let me know if you guys have any issues.

Regards,
Aashish Malhotra
(https://www.linkedin.com/in/aashishmalhotra02/)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 459
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V29
WE:Consulting (Human Resources)
Send PM
ronit1894 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Hi Ronit,

I have received an offer from DeGroote for Full time MBA. Can you please let me know about the scholarship?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys,

I have been admitted into the co-op program for the Sept 2018 intake. I would request you to please add me to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group of the admitted students .

PM me for the number

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bang2919 wrote:
ronit1894 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Hi Ronit,

I have received an offer from DeGroote for Full time MBA. Can you please let me know about the scholarship?

Hi!
As per my knowledge, there are many scholarships which you can go for once u r admitted but the entry scholarship is mentioned in your offer letter only.

Sent from my iphone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aishwaryasarda wrote:
Hi guys,

I have been admitted into the co-op program for the Sept 2018 intake. I would request you to please add me to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group of the admitted students .

PM me for the number

Thanks

Congrats on your admit. Have created a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for both FT and CoOp.

https://chat.https://gmatclub.com/chat.com/7o9X1NhriGk5lOPjPXC2ta
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.38
Send PM