Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.14
WE:Analyst (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
alphaAbhishek123
I had submitted application on R2 deadline day and i got interview call on Feb 1st.
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
alphaAbhishek123 wrote:
Is there anyone who got an invite post the first wave in January? This whole waiting thing is getting the best of me. Should I just assume it's a ding and move on?

Tough to say by anyone other than the AdCom. Best for you to work on your other plans now.

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a40 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
alphaAbhishek123 wrote:
Is there anyone who got an invite post the first wave in January? This whole waiting thing is getting the best of me. Should I just assume it's a ding and move on?

I submitted in January. Didn't get an interview call. Later got an email asking an official document showing GPA - whereas my alma mater uses only letter grade system. I called to clarify and during the call found out they tried to send an email - inviting for an interview, that I never got.
Tepper resent the email and I registered for one. That was about 8-9 days back - early February.
But, there were only about 7-8 slots were available and chances are pretty slim at this stage.
Never say never, until they notify you otherwise. What if you are on a WL? Not trying to create false hope, but I am kind of an optimistic person, so love to keep hopes alive till the end.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
hiren2011 wrote:
alphaAbhishek123 wrote:

I submitted in January. Didn't get an interview call. Later got an email asking an official document showing GPA - whereas my alma mater uses only letter grade system. I called to clarify and during the call found out they tried to send an email - inviting for an interview, that I never got.
Tepper resent the email and I registered for one. That was about 8-9 days back - early February.
But, there were only about 7-8 slots were available and chances are pretty slim at this stage.
Never say never, until they notify you otherwise. What if you are on a WL? Not trying to create false hope, but I am kind of an optimistic person, so love to keep hopes alive till the end.

I submitted additional documents too. I have sent them out a mail to find out the status.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
Did anyone else receive the save the date email for Welcome Weekend April 13-14 and kind of freak out a little bit?

I was Definitely disappointed it was nothing more than a save the date!!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Same!!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GRE 1: Q167 V155
GPA: 3.47
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Received as well...

But I have my interview today... So I knew it cant be an admit email :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi All,
Can we call it a ding if we have not heard from them yet?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 608
Send PM
QuestioningMeaning wrote:
Did anyone else receive the save the date email for Welcome Weekend April 13-14 and kind of freak out a little bit?

Is this an indication of something? Has everyone received this email? I have not got an interview invite even and the decision date is March 14th. Looks to be a ding :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: Stern '20 (S)
Send PM

Has everyone got this email??

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
namratann wrote:

I did get this mail.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
leshwarnag wrote:
namratann wrote:

I did get this mail.

I got the mail too.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
namratann wrote:

Yeah, its just save the date email. Nothing more to it. I just had an interview yesterday and got that email in a few hours after it.
Alas, only if they made those decisions that fast!!! hahaha.. Jokes aside, its a good communication that we can plan accordingly.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I had my interview yesterday. Lasted just about 27-28 minutes.
It was the second time I was interviewing with Tepper (last year, my deferral request wasn't accepted). It was still a blind one - the director was the person conducting the interview and she said that she deliberately didn't read my essays.
But oh boy, was it a conversational one! I think it was one of the most comfortable interviews I had in a long time. Some basic behavioral questions, some short-term plan and plan b questions. Some job related ones. But it was fun and nice.
May be last year's application and subsequent deferral request / rejection had helped me built some rapport there, so I guess it played some role in keeping it friendly. But I loved it.
Questions were:
Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a view of others - culturally differences or otherwise.
Tell me about a time when you had to change the course of your actions due to discussions with team/supervisor.
What would you want to do right after your MBA?
What if that (short-term) plan doesn't materialize?
How have you improved since last application? Fous on the professional side.
Any questions for me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
leshwarnag wrote:
Hi All,

Haven't heard anything either. Did you try reaching out to them for an status update or anything? Or just waiting it out?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
JAE18 wrote:
leshwarnag wrote:
Hi All,

Haven't heard anything either. Did you try reaching out to them for an status update or anything? Or just waiting it out?

If you haven't reached out to the school, it is impossible to say.
But now that we are approaching end of February - or rather we are at it, chances are (statistically) zero. Unless they don't find the candidates they want from the pool so far, I don't think they will call anyone else.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JAE18 wrote:
leshwarnag wrote:
Hi All,

Nope I haven't tried reaching out to them. Just waiting for update
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts