Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rice (Jones) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
Anyone has an idea, when can we expect the results for R2? I guess they declare it earlier than the said date?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rice (Jones) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
GMATblock wrote:
Anyone has an idea, when can we expect the results for R2? I guess they declare it earlier than the said date?

Yeah, they send out results a few days earlier. That, unfortunately, means no interviews in the last few days - for the folks who are still waiting.
But if you don't hear back until last day, the probability also increases of ding / WL - for those who interviewed.

Trust me, it is painful to see people starting to post that they got admitted and you are still waiting. With every passing day, the chances getting slimmer and you know that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview on Friday.
It was a crazy beginning. The email I was sent a few days back was an outlook email attachment within the email. So, I wasn't able to open it and I thought it was just a calendar entry or so.
At the time of the interview, I had to ask the interviewer to send me the link directly. Luckily, I had Zoom installed on my computer, so that didn't take long.
Additionally, the quality wasn't perfect - the sound was trailing and some jitters. Now, I have used the same connection, the same location for other interviews and had no issues before!!
But anyway, the interview was a typical one. Can't say if I am upbeat about it, but certainly not disappointed either. I really love Rice - culturally and for the career opportunities that I am interested in. Have you noticed the yield rate of it?
Anyway, now it is only about 'wait and watch' mode.
All the best to all.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 110
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
hiren2011 wrote:
It was a crazy beginning. The email I was sent a few days back was an outlook email attachment within the email. So, I wasn't able to open it and I thought it was just a calendar entry or so.
At the time of the interview, I had to ask the interviewer to send me the link directly. Luckily, I had Zoom installed on my computer, so that didn't take long.
Additionally, the quality wasn't perfect - the sound was trailing and some jitters. Now, I have used the same connection, the same location for other interviews and had no issues before!!
But anyway, the interview was a typical one. Can't say if I am upbeat about it, but certainly not disappointed either. I really love Rice - culturally and for the career opportunities that I am interested in. Have you noticed the yield rate of it?
All the best to all.

What is the yield percentage of the class of 2019?

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
SUPERSARS wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:
All the best to all.

What is the yield percentage of the class of 2019?

I don't have data for 2019.
But historically it has stayed just above 50%. Which is very comparable to T15 (and at times better) schools.
Rice serves a specific market in the region and the school, including dean Rodriguez is unapologetic about it. I think, that is the school's strength. Additionally, Rice has also ranked fairly on happy and satisfied students.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Olin '20 (M$)
GRE 1: Q161 V161
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Does anyone know when Welcome Weekend is?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
msfan12 wrote:
Does anyone know when Welcome Weekend is?

Posted from my mobile device

Next one is April 12-13
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Kudos
Just received an admissions call with some money, so hopefully those of you who are international will start hearing things soon!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
texasteacher wrote:
Just received an admissions call with some money, so hopefully those of you who are international will start hearing things soon!

Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
texasteacher wrote:

Congratulations. Very happy for you!

Sent from my ONE A2005 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 110
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
texasteacher wrote:

Congratulations! Well done. See you in Houston!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
texasteacher wrote:

Cool. Congratulations!!
Can I ask when you interviewed? That would give us some idea when to start expecting it.
Though, personally I doubt, but I wish I get it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you all and best wishes as the replies come in!

hiren2011 wrote:
texasteacher wrote:

Cool. Congratulations!!
Can I ask when you interviewed? That would give us some idea when to start expecting it.
Though, personally I doubt, but I wish I get it.

Absolutely, my timeline was as follows: application submitted 1/4, invitation for admissions interview 1/12, on-campus interview 2/2, and acceptance call with online letter today, 3/9.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
texasteacher wrote:
Thank you all and best wishes as the replies come in!

Absolutely, my timeline was as follows: application submitted 1/4, invitation for admissions interview 1/12, on-campus interview 2/2, and acceptance call with online letter today, 3/9.

Great.
You were invited pretty quickly too. That itself was a good sign.
Well, that is what you wanted and you have some money on the table.

Wish you all the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Did anyone else get an acceptance call?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q53 V34
GRE 1: Q170 V157
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
texasteacher wrote:

texasteacher wrote:

Congrats!!
Can I ask whether you got any personal letter from your interviewer after the interview? I didn't get any.. Maybe because I am currently in South Korea. Wanted to find out whether a personal letter can be an evidence for the admission.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
armadilo wrote:
texasteacher wrote:

texasteacher wrote:

Congrats!!
Can I ask whether you got any personal letter from your interviewer after the interview? I didn't get any.. Maybe because I am currently in South Korea. Wanted to find out whether a personal letter can be an evidence for the admission.

Thank you, and yes I did receive a handwritten note on a Rice University card. I live in the Houston area, so I had my interview on a Friday and actually received the note in the mail the following Monday. I suspect anyone whom is invited for an interview of any type receives a card and that yours is simply winding its way through the multitude of hand-offs necessary to make it to South Korea. From what I've heard, the card is standard operating procedure for Rice admissions; a nice, but customary, gesture.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts