Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.43
WE:Analyst (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 284
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
DZI91 wrote:
So UCLA do one day of admits each week on a rolling basis right? I interviewed very early and no call yesterday so looks like a ding for me.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Is that how it works? They do a bulk of offers on one day of each week?

I haven't seen anyone who interviewed in Feb get in yet, fingers crossed :oops:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
swolecdn wrote:
DZI91 wrote:
So UCLA do one day of admits each week on a rolling basis right? I interviewed very early and no call yesterday so looks like a ding for me.

Looks like the Wednesday Myth is true!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Clearsky wrote:
swolecdn wrote:
DZI91 wrote:

Looks like the Wednesday Myth is true!

Hah it's a known theory? I just concluded from Clearadmit...

Presumably decisions are confirmed for each interview set on each Tuesday, then on Wednesday they send out the admits from that lot. Curious about the regional distribution though. Hurting me in the data nerd here!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
DZI91 wrote:

Presumably decisions are confirmed for each interview set on each Tuesday, then on Wednesday they send out the admits from that lot. Curious about the regional distribution though. Hurting me in the data nerd here!

This... This makes sense! You smartie you!

Looking clearadmit, admitted candidates interviewed all the way up to Jan 29th... Next is Feb 1st - 6th is my guess? Now I feel like my fate will be known next Wednesday...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 1
Send PM
Im guessing its all over for those without invites?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
swolecdn wrote:
DZI91 wrote:

This... This makes sense! You smartie you!

Looking clearadmit, admitted candidates interviewed all the way up to Jan 29th... Next is Feb 1st - 6th is my guess? Now I feel like my fate will be known next Wednesday...

Please feel free to disprove my theory though, I was interviewed 15 January! :lol:

Only hope I can see if the fact it seems like there's been 0 admits from Europe...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Apply2020 wrote:

My assumption too. I haven't heard a single thing since submitting my application. Mentally moving on.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Send PM
Kudos
swolecdn wrote:
DZI91 wrote:

For what it's worth, I interviewed on Feb 8th and received my acceptance call on Feb 28th. My theory is that schools review similar profiles (consulting, banking,..) together before making final decisions. So, I wouldn't read too much into the apparent correlation between interview date and decision date. BUT I could be totally wrong :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
jameswolpert27 wrote:
Apply2020 wrote:

My assumption too. I haven't heard a single thing since submitting my application. Mentally moving on.

Same here. Isn't it kind of strange that there has been absolutely No communication from Anderson? No updates regarding the process, no notification regarding the application status, nothing: just Dead Silence! The entire application progress has been eerily quiet! :? :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
pk9 wrote:
swolecdn wrote:
DZI91 wrote:

For what it's worth, I interviewed on Feb 8th and received my acceptance call on Feb 28th. My theory is that schools review similar profiles (consulting, banking,..) together before making final decisions. So, I wouldn't read too much into the apparent correlation between interview date and decision date. BUT I could be totally wrong :-)

Yeah I was quite curious so i had a brief peruse on ClearAdmit and it looks like, even though there is some correlation, the correlation between date of interview and date of admit is not particularly strong. Locations also seemed to go in batches but I think that's about time zone. If I had to guess I'd say they have sets of similar candidates (most likely, as you say, based on industry), who they evaluate every Tuesday and admit on the Wednesday (admitting people in Asia Pacific first).

I'm clearly over-thinking this...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [5]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V46
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Kudos
For what it's worth, Anderson sends out "admit blast" newsletter-type emails to a distribution list of all admitted students (including from R1). I got accepted last Weds and started receiving the blast emails. In the most recent one, they said "Join us this week in welcoming the first group of Round 2 admits, with more to come over the next few weeks!" So it definitely seems like they are admitting people in waves and that we can expect more soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Got an interview on Feb 27! Application submitted Jan 5
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
I received an email from the admissions committee today stating that they have an additional question on my application and want to schedule a 15 min call. Has anyone received a similar email or call? Can you please share your experience and feedback.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
agadodia wrote:
I received an email from the admissions committee today stating that they have an additional question on my application and want to schedule a 15 min call. Has anyone received a similar email or call? Can you please share your experience and feedback.

Haven't heard of that before! Although it sounds nerve wracking you should definitely see it as a positive. They wouldn't be spending time at this stage were it not a last hurdle kind of thing. Presumably they just want to check a small point since it's only 15 minutes?

If you look on last years thread around this date perhaps someone had a similar situation?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Looks like the Dan's Wednesday Law has been disproven!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
DZI91 wrote:
agadodia wrote:

Haven't heard of that before! Although it sounds nerve wracking you should definitely see it as a positive. They wouldn't be spending time at this stage were it not a last hurdle kind of thing. Presumably they just want to check a small point since it's only 15 minutes?

If you look on last years thread around this date perhaps someone had a similar situation?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Thanks DZI91! I am hoping for the same!
I tried searching the old threads but couldn't find much except for a couple who reported they got such calls in R1 this year but not much info into what was it regarding. Will try to keep my calm and hope it goes well!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
DZI91 wrote:
Looks like the Dan's Wednesday Law has been disproven!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts