Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:35 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3124 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3124 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
NOTE :- MENDOZA has started calling people. Please update your decisions on the decision tracker as you get them. If you can tell us a little bit about your profile and the scholarship information - It would be great for future applicants too.

I hope all our phone's ring. Best of luck

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
So guys , I have this dilemma.
I already got admitted to several MBAs with full tuition scholarship. However, Mendoza is my dream school .
So lets say I get admitted to Mendoza and I have to pay everything. What would you do in that case?
Dilemma is: take a 100k+ loan and go for Mendoza or take full scholarship and go to other school?
Just to let you know, I am international student, which means that chances for getting a job in US, a job that would enable me to repay the loans, is getting really slim.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
blazov wrote:
I already got admitted to several MBAs with full tuition scholarship. However, Mendoza is my dream school .
So lets say I get admitted to Mendoza and I have to pay everything. What would you do in that case?
Dilemma is: take a 100k+ loan and go for Mendoza or take full scholarship and go to other school?
Just to let you know, I am international student, which means that chances for getting a job in US, a job that would enable me to repay the loans, is getting really slim.

Hmm ... if I was in the same situation I would pick the ones offering a full tuition scholarship. I've also grown to love Notre Dame but at the end of the day you have to be financially smart. Of course it also depends on what the other schools are. Are they still good enough that they'll still be able to help you get a job in the US? If they're horrible at that compared to Notre Dame then another option you can have is just to reapply next year and have a better application.

If you don't mind me asking what are the other schools that gave you full tuition scholarships?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
kimmandy36 wrote:
blazov wrote:

Hmm ... if I was in the same situation I would pick the ones offering a full tuition scholarship. I've also grown to love Notre Dame but at the end of the day you have to be financially smart. Of course it also depends on what the other schools are. Are they still good enough that they'll still be able to help you get a job in the US? If they're horrible at that compared to Notre Dame then another option you can have is just to reapply next year and have a better application.

If you don't mind me asking what are the other schools that gave you full tuition scholarships?

Of course I don't mind, evenmore I would really appreciate your opinion.
Texas Christian University (ranked as 71 per US news, I know few alumni, internationals and they were able to secure placements) , they gave me 100% tuition and fees , plus modest stipend
College of William and Mary , they gave me 100% tuition and fees are not that much.
University of Connecticut (still waiting for it but highly probable )

Your thoughts ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
blazov wrote:

Texas Christian University (ranked as 71 per US news, I know few alumni, internationals and they were able to secure placements) , they gave me 100% tuition and fees , plus modest stipend
College of William and Mary , they gave me 100% tuition and fees are not that much.

Your thoughts ?

So I checked them out and you're right, they're lower than Notre Dame in terms of ranking. So the question now is are you okay if you just get to study in the US and go back to your country afterwards? If yes then just pick one of those schools. If not and you don't get a scholarship to Notre Dame are you willing to take the risk and try again next year?

Personally I won't get a loan that big for Notre Dame. I'm in love with what the school has to offer but I don't want to carry a large student loan especially since it's not 100% sure that I can get a job in the US afterwards. If I was in your place I would probably pick TCU since they included a stipend which would be really helpful.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Although at the same time I might opt to try again next year or go for other schools ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
kimmandy36 wrote:
blazov wrote:

Your thoughts ?

So I checked them out and you're right, they're lower than Notre Dame in terms of ranking. So the question now is are you okay if you just get to study in the US and go back to your country afterwards? (I could live with this, although it is not my plan, but anyway I plan to go back home after several years ) If yes then just pick one of those schools. If not and you don't get a scholarship to Notre Dame are you willing to take the risk and try again next year? (Nope, not again , I am 32 and if I don't do it this year I am not going to do it again)

Personally I won't get a loan that big for Notre Dame. I'm in love with what the school has to offer but I don't want to carry a large student loan especially since it's not 100% sure that I can get a job in the US afterwards. If I was in your place I would probably pick TCU since they included a stipend which would be really helpful. (this is a big issue for me as well, it is really tough to get a loan if you are international)

See my responses in brackets. Plus total cost of MBA for me would be around 20k
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I just got a call!! Accepted! I'm thrilled!

Good luck to the rest of applicants!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
JuanGonzalez wrote:

Congrats !!!!! :grin:
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mendoza DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 14 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:640 (Q37 V38), GPA: 3.19, Industry: Military & Defense, WE 72, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 29 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:680 (Q47 V36), GPA: 3.1, Industry: Accounting, WE 72, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 35 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:680 (Q42 V41), GPA: 3.37, Industry: Non-Profit and Government, WE 60, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3124 [0]
Send PM
JuanGonzalez wrote:

Congrats mate!!
Did you receive any emails/portal updates too?
Did the director call herself?
I am thinking that because its so late in the INDIAN subcontinent (1 AM midnight) they won't call us.
I might be wrong though.

Plus there is always a chance of getting a waitlist or a ding in which case students will receive the update on the 9 of march.
Oh! This wait is crushing!

P.S -> I applied to the dual MBA+MSBA

Intern
Intern
Send PM
blazov wrote:
kimmandy36 wrote:
blazov wrote:

Your thoughts ?

So I checked them out and you're right, they're lower than Notre Dame in terms of ranking. So the question now is are you okay if you just get to study in the US and go back to your country afterwards? (I could live with this, although it is not my plan, but anyway I plan to go back home after several years ) If yes then just pick one of those schools. If not and you don't get a scholarship to Notre Dame are you willing to take the risk and try again next year? (Nope, not again , I am 32 and if I don't do it this year I am not going to do it again)

Personally I won't get a loan that big for Notre Dame. I'm in love with what the school has to offer but I don't want to carry a large student loan especially since it's not 100% sure that I can get a job in the US afterwards. If I was in your place I would probably pick TCU since they included a stipend which would be really helpful. (this is a big issue for me as well, it is really tough to get a loan if you are international)

See my responses in brackets. Plus total cost of MBA for me would be around 20k

Since you're not willing to do this again then just get the one with full scholarship and stipend. As for loans have you looked at prodigy finance?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V27
GRE 1: Q160 V150
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Any one applied for Round 3 and received interview invite ?

I have submitted my application on 18th Feb, no response from their side. Feeling anxiety now :/

Originally posted by prags1989 on 06 Mar 2018, 23:13.
Last edited by prags1989 on 07 Mar 2018, 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 2.79
Send PM
Guys from the looks of it, they have already admitted 5 students. I dont think they are going to give out more calls. I doubt they would stir up more fuss, atleast for Candidates below 680 from India
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Send PM
Kudos