Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua Admitted Students: Class Of 2020 (2018 Intake) [#permalink]
champachameli wrote:
Sorry for another question but, why is Duke's medical insurance amount SO high? Its almost 1/3rd at other schools.

Duke basketball games ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua Admitted Students: Class Of 2020 (2018 Intake) [#permalink]
I wouldn't be able to throw a ball to save my life. ugh.

Maybe I should research alternates. Or go to another school. This is becoming a serious issue.

Filthydelphia wrote:
champachameli wrote:
Sorry for another question but, why is Duke's medical insurance amount SO high? Its almost 1/3rd at other schools.

Duke basketball games ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
champachameli wrote:
I wouldn't be able to throw a ball to save my life. ugh.

Maybe I should research alternates. Or go to another school. This is becoming a serious issue.

Filthydelphia wrote:
champachameli wrote:

Duke basketball games ;)

I don't know from where you are getting the figures.

I have compared the overall cost of Tuck, Ross and Duke.

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/sites/www-de ... 7-2018.pdf

https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admission ... -and-costs

https://michiganross.umich.edu/programs ... ancial-aid

All these colleges have similar components in medical insurance + others category. Moreover in total cost at first glance i can clearly see Fuqua not being one of the costlier colleges like others in top 15, infact it is one of the cheaper ones .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
To those who have finished the background verification process, how long has Revera typically taken to get all the verification done?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
mbaguy1234 wrote:
To those who have finished the background verification process, how long has Revera typically taken to get all the verification done?

About a month
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats all admits! I am not yet admitted but a hopeful applicant from R2. I have a couple questions for admitted students.
1) Did they call you with an admit decision before the deadline?
2) in that call did you get any potential scholarship info or did you have to wait for the official email?
3) if you missed The call, did they leave and message and in the message talk about any scholarship?

Thank you! I’m just curious as next week I will be traveling a lot amd likely to miss calls and that’s when the R2 decisions should come out.

Best! And hope to be back soon as an admit myself!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Kudos
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2026669

Hi Nson40,

1) Not before the deadline. Expect to get a call anywhere between 7am-3pm on the day of the deadline. This was the consensus among the Round 1 and ED applicants this year and last year. I concur from my own experience.
2) On the call, I was told that I received scholarship, but not told the exact amount. The adcom rep. advised that I will get details later that evening. I did not press, since at the time I just happy enough with getting in. My advice is to enjoy the acceptance for a few hours, have a few drinks, then check your email later that evening. With a little buzz, enjoy seeing the $$$. Lol.
3) Here is how it went for me: 7am…8…9…10...11...12...1pm - NO call. Radio silence! I was seeing the status updates on GMAT club and got a bit depressed, since 'No Call' usually means "Ding". Exactly 1pm, I received an email from Fuqua asking me to call them because they were trying to get me all morning but their call was not going through. I called and got the news. They informed about the scholarship, but not the amount. As mentioned before, I did not press for more information. At around 6pm an email informed me that the decision was ready. If you receive a scholarship, it will be on a separate letter on the second page. If you only get one letter, the acceptance letter, I assume no $.

If they can’t reach you via phone, they will email you. So keep a look out for an email as well. The adcom rep. will more than likely have his/her direct phone number on the email, so you can shoot a quick call, or alternatively, send them a direct number to reach you.
In the case that you’re on a boat somewhere in Halong bay or prepping for the full moon party in Koh Phangan, then I’d say, just relax until you get back to civilization. Fuqua and your acceptance will still be there waiting for you :) GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Wan915 wrote:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-duke-fuqua-admitted-students-class-of-2020-2018-intake-251949-60.html#p2026669

Hi Nson40,

1) Not before the deadline. Expect to get a call anywhere between 7am-3pm on the day of the deadline. This was the consensus among the Round 1 and ED applicants this year and last year. I concur from my own experience.
2) On the call, I was told that I received scholarship, but not told the exact amount. The adcom rep. advised that I will get details later that evening. I did not press, since at the time I just happy enough with getting in. My advice is to enjoy the acceptance for a few hours, have a few drinks, then check your email later that evening. With a little buzz, enjoy seeing the $$$. Lol.
3) Here is how it went for me: 7am…8…9…10...11...12...1pm - NO call. Radio silence! I was seeing the status updates on GMAT club and got a bit depressed, since 'No Call' usually means "Ding". Exactly 1pm, I received an email from Fuqua asking me to call them because they were trying to get me all morning but their call was not going through. I called and got the news. They informed about the scholarship, but not the amount. As mentioned before, I did not press for more information. At around 6pm an email informed me that the decision was ready. If you receive a scholarship, it will be on a separate letter on the second page. If you only get one letter, the acceptance letter, I assume no $.

If they can’t reach you via phone, they will email you. So keep a look out for an email as well. The adcom rep. will more than likely have his/her direct phone number on the email, so you can shoot a quick call, or alternatively, send them a direct number to reach you.
In the case that you’re on a boat somewhere in Halong bay or prepping for the full moon party in Koh Phangan, then I’d say, just relax until you get back to civilization. Fuqua and your acceptance will still be there waiting for you :) GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Great! Thank you so much for this awesome information.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Good Afternoon,

Congrats to those that have been admitted to Fuqua.

I was admitted this morning. Got the call from a second year student. He did not mention merit scholarship at all. Portal was just updated and scholarship is not mentioned anywhere except for a brief part that says that if I received anything it would be on the second page of an acceptance letter as well as in a packet in the mail.

Does this mean I didn't receive any help?

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
cafj85 wrote:
Good Afternoon,

Congrats to those that have been admitted to Fuqua.

I was admitted this morning. Got the call from a second year student. He did not mention merit scholarship at all. Portal was just updated and scholarship is not mentioned anywhere except for a brief part that says that if I received anything it would be on the second page of an acceptance letter as well as in a packet in the mail.

Does this mean I didn't receive any help?

Thank you!

Hey first of all a big congrats to being admitted to duke.

Coming to your question,

If you get a 2nd page in your acceptance letter, then you get a scholarship. If not , then I’m afraid no scholarship is being offered. You can download your acceptance letter from the portal.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Did anyone get their admit package? I ask because unfortunately I’ve had a couple packages stolen off my porch recently and not sure if I’m missing something or they aren’t even sent yet. Thanks!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi, I have created a Facebook group for all Admitted Fuqua class of 2020 students to connect. Please join the group.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/557017608008337

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Duke '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Abhishekkatial wrote:
Hi, I have created a Facebook group for all Admitted Fuqua class of 2020 students to connect. Please join the group.

Just FYI, there’s already a Facebook group- the link should be in an email you received the day you were admitted

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
GeoCid wrote:
Abhishekkatial wrote:

Just FYI, there’s already a Facebook group- the link should be in an email you received the day you were admitted

Posted from my mobile device

true
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Any current student, I can get in touch with?

Regards,
HK
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72879 [0]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Duke Fuqua Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Duke Fuqua Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Duke Fuqua Forum for all fresh things related to the Duke Fuqua MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts