Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
Top Contributor
GMATAspire290 wrote:
Is it possible that someone who has been dinged at 8 other colleges - top 10 - 20 - can get selected in Kellogg ?

Posted from my mobile device

It is hard to say. It depends on how well you performed on the interview and your overall application. Were you able to the analysis of what went wrong with other schools?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [4]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
GMATAspire290 wrote:
Is it possible that someone who has been dinged at 8 other colleges - top 10 - 20 - can get selected in Kellogg ?

Hi GMATAspire290 ! I feel your pain. I was dinged without interview at several colleges that were ranked below Kellogg (and above them) including Yale, UCLA, Berkeley, Harvard, and Wharton. Come decision day I definitely wasn’t expecting to be accepted at Kellogg given that I hadn’t gotten interviews at any other top 10 program. But I got in and will be matriculating this August. Anything can happen. Other decisions have no bearing on your kellogg decision. That said, if you do end up not getting in it is a signal that there is something that needs to be improved in your apps and I would suggest maybe engaging a consultant to do a ding analysis so that you can fix it for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Gnpth wrote:
Just 12 more days... how you'all holding up. What's the status?

I'm dying over here personally. Work has been slow so I've had more time inside my own head than I would like.

Ready for the next two weeks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Another promotional email, and my interview was waived. DING city.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Gnpth wrote:

Honestly I had a terrible interview-- didn't click with my alumni interviewer at all, he didn't understand my industry in the least...just not good. I'm positive it will be a ding, and am just waiting for the inevitable!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Gnpth wrote:

My interview (onsite with Adcom) went really well. I believe I have great stats, essays, school fit.
"Cautiously optimistic", I guess.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q160 V163
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
GMATAspire290 wrote:

Hi GMATAspire290 ! I feel your pain. I was dinged without interview at several colleges that were ranked below Kellogg (and above them) including Yale, UCLA, Berkeley, Harvard, and Wharton. Come decision day I definitely wasn’t expecting to be accepted at Kellogg given that I hadn’t gotten interviews at any other top 10 program. But I got in and will be matriculating this August. Anything can happen. Other decisions have no bearing on your kellogg decision. That said, if you do end up not getting in it is a signal that there is something that needs to be improved in your apps and I would suggest maybe engaging a consultant to do a ding analysis so that you can fix it for next year.

WTF? How many school did you applied to??? How did you find time for that??? I almost die with my applications Ain't nobody got time for that
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
I’m surprised no one is freaking out and speculating over the boiler plate email Kellogg sent out today

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Rose78 wrote:
Gnpth wrote:

Honestly I had a terrible interview-- didn't click with my alumni interviewer at all, he didn't understand my industry in the least...just not good. I'm positive it will be a ding, and am just waiting for the inevitable!

Same here. I would argue that the interviewer had already made up his/her mind before or at the start of the interview on the quality of candidate, or lack thereof.
So he/she just tried to finish the list of questions quickly without bothering to show interest on what the candidate was trying to say.
It became an uphill battle trying to impress the interviewer.

I think it's a realistic and common situation with the "interview all" policy of Kellogg.
In my experience with other schools though, I feel that they genuinely want to know the candidates.

I'm just glad I got the chance to practise in real-life interviews.

Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GRE 1: Q165 V166
Send PM
raym0011 wrote:
Rose78 wrote:
Gnpth wrote:

Same here. I would argue that the interviewer had already made up his/her mind before or at the start of the interview on the quality of candidate, or lack thereof.
So he/she just tried to finish the list of questions quickly without bothering to show interest on what the candidate was trying to say.

I think it's a realistic and common situation with the "interview all" policy of Kellogg.
In my experience with other schools though, I feel that they genuinely want to know the candidates.

At least you got interviewed. Waived people are in another dimension of purgatory! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
redalertmba wrote:
raym0011 wrote:
Rose78 wrote:
[quote="Gnpth"]Just 12 more days... how you'all holding up. What's the status?

At least you got interviewed. Waived people are in another dimension of purgatory! :)[/quote]

Yes agreed.

Just want to add that a large part of the interview waiver (or not) can be attributed to location.
I am based in a financial and business hub of the region so I stand a much better chance.
That's just luck.

Admit decisions are, however, dependent on many other more important factors.
If I'm being honest, I am also waiting for the inevitable.

Hope we can get at least one admit at the end of all these.

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
raym0011 wrote:

'

Most interviews are blind. They do not have anything apart from your resume. I'm not sure how they would make up the mind to reject/select you just based on the resume or at the start of the interview before you start explaining. All the Alums I spoke with was wonderful and helpful however busy they were. So I just feel that you had a bad day during your interview.

Also do remember, all the alums have jobs too. So they wanted to know you in 30 minutes, it is absolutely needed to finish the interview quick. So I believe, if your answers did not have jargons and answers the direct questions, then you should not be feeling like this. :thumbup:

If they had the policy of "Interview all" for namesake, I don't think so they would waste their time on 1000+ applicants. Since they would have called the applicants who are good. Imagine- wasting 30 minutes approx on all those applicants whom they "made up" the mind already. IMO, they are just as interested as other schools in talking to most of the applicants.

So cheer up and wait for the D-day! :-) :thumbup: All the best!!
VP
VP
Send PM
Top Contributor
HeadingEast wrote:
I’m surprised no one is freaking out and speculating over the boiler plate email Kellogg sent out today

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Haha. Yeah. I got that too "The Kellogg Connection". :hurt: I guess after 2-3 emails like that, many folks got used it. I guess the school is trying hard to fill the long duration in between the interviews and decision. But it kinda makes the applicant neurotic or freak out :lol: :lol: :|
VP
VP
Send PM
Top Contributor
knowledgeforaction wrote:
Gnpth wrote:

My interview (onsite with Adcom) went really well. I believe I have great stats, essays, school fit.
"Cautiously optimistic", I guess.

Hey. I was reading your posts on Wharton and Kellogg Forums. All the best for the decision. Did you get into any other schools?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gnpth wrote:
raym0011 wrote:

'

Most interviews are blind. They do not have anything apart from your resume. I'm not sure how they would make up the mind to reject/select you just based on the resume or at the start of the interview before you start explaining. All the Alums I spoke with was wonderful and helpful however busy they were. So I just feel that you had a bad day during your interview.

Also do remember, all the alums have jobs too. So they wanted to know you in 30 minutes, it is absolutely needed to finish the interview quick. So I believe, if your answers did not have jargons and answers the direct questions, then you should not be feeling like this. :thumbup:

If they had the policy of "Interview all" for namesake, I don't think so they would waste their time on 1000+ applicants. Since they would have called the applicants who are good. Imagine- wasting 30 minutes approx on all those applicants whom they "made up" the mind already. IMO, they are just as interested as other schools in talking to most of the applicants.

So cheer up and wait for the D-day! :-) :thumbup: All the best!!

That's quite true. Forgot it's a blind interview.

Anyway, my interaction with alumni during information session was really good. Made me understand the concept of "kellogg fit" better.

Probably just found it more difficult to engage with someone much more experienced (my interviewer).
Could be off-day for me, or us both.
In any case, shan't speculate further.

Thanks for your insight & encouragement!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [4]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
GMATAspire290 wrote:

I was in a similar situation only a little time ago (see my school application history by my name). Different school, but I have a Booth admit now. Every school is different and being dinged from one has no bearing on your likelihood to be dinged from another.

Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GRE 1: Q165 V166
Send PM
Does anyone know why Kellogg is not transparent about its interview waiver policy? It seems that the consensus here is waiver = ding, unless you get a Skype interview, but the school denies this.

Why is this the case?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts