Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q45 V30
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
Everything I remember hearing about tech recruiting for any school I visited is that it doesn't usually follow the on campus recruiting model of banking and consulting. You have to do a lot of the footwork on your own. I think both programs would set you up well to do that either by reputation, location, or both.

I'd say the best thing you could probably do is try to connect with a current student or recent alum at any of those programs that is working in tech or heading that way and ask them about recruiting. I'm sure both schools would be happy to connect you with someone if you ask. I had some specific questions for schools and always found people happy to chat and share their experiences with recruiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q45 V30
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
coleman62 wrote:
Everything I remember hearing about tech recruiting for any school I visited is that it doesn't usually follow the on campus recruiting model of banking and consulting. You have to do a lot of the footwork on your own. I think both programs would set you up well to do that either by reputation, location, or both.

I'd say the best thing you could probably do is try to connect with a current student or recent alum at any of those programs that is working in tech or heading that way and ask them about recruiting. I'm sure both schools would be happy to connect you with someone if you ask. I had some specific questions for schools and always found people happy to chat and share their experiences with recruiting.

Thanks, coleman62. I totally agree! This is what I learned from my informational interviews with students and alum from both McCombs and Foster as well. While the Longhorns have told me that the McCombs brand helped open several doors for them even in the Bay Area, the Huskies I spoke with said that being in Seattle enabled them to gain internship positions easily and thus, gave them a better chance at recruiting. What I am having a tough time with is figuring out which school is better for tech recruiting. Both have their advantages. Whichever school I end up choosing, I do realize that I have to do a lot of the footwork on my own!
Intern
Intern
Status:Organised Chaos - aka 'Method to the Madness' aka Mad Maxx
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
Concentration: Technology, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
G'day everyone,

As the decision date approaches (29th March), the anticipation goes up a few notches every other day. I also find that, while at work, my mind increasingly is occupied with the admissions outcome and how the committee might be viewing my application.

All this did get me thinking: does the school get in touch with your referees or your employers prior to announcing the results ? If so, should it have happened by now ? Can someone shed some light on this aspect ?

Cheers
R
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dataman wrote:
G'day everyone,

As the decision date approaches (29th March), the anticipation goes up a few notches every other day. I also find that, while at work, my mind increasingly is occupied with the admissions outcome and how the committee might be viewing my application.

All this did get me thinking: does the school get in touch with your referees or your employers prior to announcing the results ? If so, should it have happened by now ? Can someone shed some light on this aspect ?

Cheers
R

No. They wouldn’t call your employer before you lol. Would only call your employer way later in the game if you actually accept and are going through the background check process

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 1
Send PM
I checked video analytics and saw another view from Austin so its safe to say they have finished interviewing and are making their final decisions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Can I view the parts of my application after I submitted it? I'd like to check if I messed up on my resume. It's for the 3rd round due in a week.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So does anyone know if they will call before the date? Or we have to actually wait till Thursday?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
Nson40 wrote:
So does anyone know if they will call before the date? Or we have to actually wait till Thursday?

I have to wait until Friday morning my time haha even worse.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Nson40 wrote:

I went through a couple past years records and doesn't appear to be early calls. Just on the day off. One or two reported receiving their package in the mail a day or two early but I think that's more an oops.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
This wait is killinggg !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
dloren4 wrote:
Can I view the parts of my application after I submitted it? I'd like to check if I messed up on my resume. It's for the 3rd round due in a week.

You can't view it after submitting. Only school I applied to (out of 4) that doesn't give you a draft. You don't have your res saved somewhere?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Kudos
coleman62 wrote:
Nson40 wrote:

I went through a couple past years records and doesn't appear to be early calls. Just on the day off. One or two reported receiving their package in the mail a day or two early but I think that's more an oops.

I doubt they would even call. For R1, they just sent an email that said your status had been updated and you need to log in and check. But the rejections came first, admits were sent our on that late afternoon. McCombs does have a lot of unique personality for sure. :-D :-D :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 926 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
Good luck for tomorrow guys! You should start getting calls in the afternoon but do note that some of us never got a phone call at all but were admitted none the less. I know Max and others have shared this in the past but we have a fairly large Admitted Students group on https://gmatclub.com/chat which is linked below. PM me if you are not able to join and I can add as required. Hope to connect with all R2 admitted students here...

https://chat.https://gmatclub.com/chat.com/904mgyzYqET7WrpbtHAjPY
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck to all R2 folks! We have a chat room to discuss decision updates. Join us here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat5.php?fl=menu
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the call! :grin: Good luck to everyone!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.49
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Admitted! Received my call at 10:40 eastern!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 926 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Top Contributor
Congratulations guys!! Please join the admitted students group on WhattsApp as well as the Facebook group for the CO 2020 admitted students.

https://chat.https://gmatclub.com/chat.com/904mgyzYqET7WrpbtHAjPY
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts