Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
An MBA can't change your destiny but yes it can help you realise one. So, maybe something good is in store for you if not this program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: WP Carey" 20
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Hi everyone,

From my understanding, you don't HAVE to have an interview for them to admit you. Its up to the discretion of the admission committee to decide if you get an interview...if you' don't get one is doesn't mean you are completely out per say.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
BLAG wrote:
Hi everyone,

From my understanding, you don't HAVE to have an interview for them to admit you. Its up to the discretion of the admission committee to decide if you get an interview...if you' don't get one is doesn't mean you are completely out per say.

Where in the world did you hear that?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Schools: WP Carey" 20
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
BLAG wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've been in contact with the admissions office and thats what they told me.
Director
Director
Send PM
BLAG wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
BLAG wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've been in contact with the admissions office and thats what they told me.

Unless something has changed since round 1 you definitely have to interview to be admitted. You might be able to get on the waitlist without an interview but not admitted. Are you sure they didn’t say something like “if it’s helpful in rendering a decision” instead of the exact words of “you don’t have to interview to be admitted”

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Did anyone get a call?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mascot87 wrote:
It will be the saddest news for me in the last 20+ years if i don't get admitted. I have placed all my hopes in Arizona State University MBA 2018 Program. I had a lot of challenges throughout my application process but i was still able to manage and complete the application process. For more than a month now, i haven't been called for interview and the decision deadline is very close. How would my life end up if i don't get the admission? I pray to God for divine intervention into my life and let me receive uncommon favor as my application is been evaluated. My future and the future of so many people in the business world depends strongly on this.

Egunsola Akinwale (ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY 2018 APPLICANT)

So, decisions are out, and it's a "No" for me.... Unfortunately though, but i am glad i gave my best shot!

Bro, keep the hope alive. It happens. In life, you win some, and lose some...
I already felt bad when i didn't get an interview invite before the Easter break. I knew i lost it then, and i already overcame the disappointment mood.
I encourage you to do same (should you get a "No"), and move on, but put more pressure on life till you crack the rock!
Meanwhile, i gathered the number of applicants from Nigeria was higher this year, so the competition was stiffer.

All the very best to those still expecting their outcome.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
segawobajo wrote:
Mascot87 wrote:
It will be the saddest news for me in the last 20+ years if i don't get admitted. I have placed all my hopes in Arizona State University MBA 2018 Program. I had a lot of challenges throughout my application process but i was still able to manage and complete the application process. For more than a month now, i haven't been called for interview and the decision deadline is very close. How would my life end up if i don't get the admission? I pray to God for divine intervention into my life and let me receive uncommon favor as my application is been evaluated. My future and the future of so many people in the business world depends strongly on this.

So, decisions are out, and it's a "No" for me.... Unfortunately though, but i am glad i gave my best shot!

I already felt bad when i didn't get an interview invite before the Easter break. I knew i lost it then, and i already overcame the disappointment mood.
I encourage you to do same (should you get a "No"), and move on, but put more pressure on life till you crack the rock!
Meanwhile, i gathered the number of applicants from Nigeria was higher this year, so the competition was stiffer.

Did you get a mail?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sushrutsardesai wrote:
segawobajo wrote:
Mascot87 wrote:

Did you get a mail?

Yes, an e-mail.

Also, application status changed to "reject".
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
waitlisted
Intern
Intern
Send PM
when did u get the mail?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
sushrutsardesai wrote:
when did u get the mail?

Around 10:00 PM IST
Intern
Intern
Send PM
did they start calling the accepted applicants?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Few admits are rolled out in round 3. Even a great profile can get waitlisted or dinged for that matter in this round. I guess no need for international applicants to apply in this round. Waste of money, time and effort. No college tells you to not apply in round 3 after all its all about business.

Director
Director
Send PM
iamkvbit wrote:
Few admits are rolled out in round 3. Even a great profile can get waitlisted or dinged for that matter in this round. I guess no need for international applicants to apply in this round. Waste of money, time and effort. No college tells you to not apply in round 3 after all its all about business.

ASU has 4 rounds not 3 like other MBA programs. They also have rolling admission for any open seats through the summer. So, hard to tell whether round 3 is actually harder at ASU or not. Round 4 is probably hardest.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
10:57 pm Lagos time, no call or email yet. Going to bed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zikaekenta: If you were interviewed, and not gotten an info by now, something tells me it's a "yes" for you. Just wait and see...
I will PM you once this turns out so. Keep the hope alive.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts