Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
gy88 wrote:
Hi does anyone know how much in advance of the interview decision deadline do interview decisions for round 1 typically start being released ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Yes sometimes two to three days before but honestly sometimes not at all before. So don't get your panties in a twist if they don't call you in advance. There's an increase in the volume of applications given the Trump Factor and the increasing popularity of the school because rankings.

https://mbaprepcoach.com
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
arjund wrote:
Hi there,

Hope everyone's having fun with R2 INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake. I was wondering whether anyone had any insights on what questions are asked to recommenders ? Or are the letters in free flowing format ?

Regards,
Arj
Hi Arj, what's posted below is perfect however just wanted to offer a link if you want to bookmark it..https://aringo.com/current-recommender-questions/

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Hi All,

I wanted to check what is the average GMAT score for an Indian applicant for INSEAD. I understand that it might have been asked before or might not have a definite answer, however, any data point would be helpful. Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Shylard wrote:
Hello, hello!

Can't believe it's already time to apply! I'm still researching essays, studying for GMAT, and getting my recommendations in order -- so much work!

Planning to apply Round 2 but, if all my stars align, I'll be submitting for Round 1.

My background: American, woman, 35 have worked the last 9 years in the exciting world of finance regulations. INSEAD is my (obviously) first choice. HEC and Oxbridge are my second choices. I'm too nervous to put all my eggs in one basket with INSEAD.

Why INSEAD: Why not? Seriously, my grandmother has been beating INSEAD into my head since I can remember. I'm not allowed to not apply, ha. Plus, INSEAD's network and program is TRULY global. I'm also trying to pull a triple jump with my MBA and switch geography, industry, and function! Given the big jump, I need that summer internship, so Jan intake was my only option.

Will keep you posted on how my application goes along. Good luck to everyone!
If there is any https://gmatclub.com/chat group please add my number too i.e 9082334269

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone gotten an interview invitation yet for Round 1? It looks like invites started going out around about this time last year...

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
ravi1608 wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted to check what is the average GMAT score for an Indian applicant for INSEAD. I understand that it might have been asked before or might not have a definite answer, however, any data point would be helpful. Thanks
I generally tack about 20 points to the class average as a means of gauging competitiveness.

Send PM
Expert Reply
Who's going for round 2? Exactly 4 weeks away, definitely time to get down to business.

Especially if you're planning to submit three letters of recommendation.

For your recommenders - outline the beginning middle and end of a story that will demonstrate the qualities you feel would most distinguish you.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
wordward19 wrote:
Has anyone gotten an interview invitation yet for Round 1? It looks like invites started going out around about this time last year...

experts above have said it may be 2-4 days before. Or not at all before. In any case, 2 more weeks of anticipation

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Round two applicants you might find it helpful to make a list of all your projects, the results associated with those projects (value delivered) and then some thoughts about what personal qualities those things reflect. What qualities would you have to have to get those results?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,
I am currently preparing my application for R2.
A couple of infos about me: Italian, woman, 29, GMAT 690, consultant.

I am looking for official recommendation letters questions, but I only found the ones of last years (2017/2018). Do you have any idea if they are the same for Jan 2019? Here below the questions I found:

1. Comment on the candidate’s career progress to date and his/her career focus.

2. What do you consider to be the candidate’s major strengths? Comment on the factors that distinguish the candidate from other individuals at his/her level.

3. What do you consider to be the candidate’s major weaknesses?

4. Comment on the candidate’s potential for senior management. Do you see him/her as a future leader?

5. Describe the candidate as a person. Comment on his/her ability to establish and maintain relationships, sensitivity to others, self-confidence, attitude, etc. Specifically comment on the candidate’s behaviour or skills in a group setting/team environment.

Thank you for your consideration
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GPA: 4
Send PM
gy88 wrote:
wordward19 wrote:

experts above have said it may be 2-4 days before. Or not at all before. In any case, 2 more weeks of anticipation

Same. Waiting for the R1 invites!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just got an invitation earlier today
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tlc91 wrote:
I just got an invitation earlier today
oh wow that’s early!congratulations! Could you share where you’re based at?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks! I'm based in London, although originally from Southeast Asia (not sure whether that plays any role)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Hello Guys,
I am planning for INSEAD Sep 2019 batch, it will be really helpful if you add me to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group mentioned above.
My no is +91-7022079172
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tlc91 wrote:
Thanks! I'm based in London, although originally from Southeast Asia (not sure whether that plays any role)
just got my invite !

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Congrats gy88!
Where are you based? Have you applied for R1 jan19 intake?

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts