Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:35 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [10]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT Date: 12-22-2011
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: Master of Science in Marketing programs in USA and EU [#permalink]
Kudos
Good To know about Marketing programs . i also shared information about marketing in usa .Emporia State University (ESU), based in Emporia, Kansas, USA, is a dynamic and progressive student-centered learning community. The city of Emporia is an educational, industrial, trade, and medical center that serves over 60,000 people in east central Kansas. ESU offers a safe, friendly, and affordable campus with a flat rate tuition that is one of the best values in the United States.
The University welcomes international students from all over the world. With eight percent of its student population coming from more than 40 countries, its international students find many ways to become involved on campus. From one of the 130 student organizations and competitive NCAA Division II Athletics to social activities and sports clubs, the campus gives them a rich student experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone,
Myself Nishant .I am applying for masters in marketing for the coming fall 16.incase if anybody here is interested to share on information regarding various streams in marketing and the electives to chose would be a great help.
Also let us form a https://gmatclub.com/chat group if that is fine with y'all.
As it really makes things easier to connect.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi everyone,

I would also like to suggest to check out the University of Southern California's (USC) MS in Marketing Program. It is ranked 6th in the nation by TFE Times.
You can just Google USC MS in Marketing (sorry, would love to paste a link here. but I am a new member :))

I am a current student pursuing MS in Marketing and I hope to graduate next year :) Feel free to ask me on my USC MS in Marketing experience. I am in awe of the career services/support that the program has made available. We have got career workshop, seminars (5 of them and I will be meeting more than 25 executives from well-known companies, especially from the entertainment industry, technology and fashion/luxury. And best part about it: it's strictly for our program. 25 executives, 40 students only).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 207
WE:Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
lsusilo wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would also like to suggest to check out the University of Southern California's (USC) MS in Marketing Program. It is ranked 6th in the nation by TFE Times.
You can just Google USC MS in Marketing (sorry, would love to paste a link here. but I am a new member :))

I am a current student pursuing MS in Marketing and I hope to graduate next year :) Feel free to ask me on my USC MS in Marketing experience. I am in awe of the career services/support that the program has made available. We have got career workshop, seminars (5 of them and I will be meeting more than 25 executives from well-known companies, especially from the entertainment industry, technology and fashion/luxury. And best part about it: it's strictly for our program. 25 executives, 40 students only).

lsusilo, what about financial aid for international students? Any opportunity to get a full scholarship/tuition fee discount?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Hi Snezanelle,

International students can get a scholarship. In my experience, it is not full scholarship tho. You can get around 5-7k upon the start of the year (so this scholarship is based on your application: why you want the scholarship) and there's also a scholarship at Fall/spring semester to recognize your academic achievement. This would also amount to around 5k.

I got close to 7k to aid my summer's semester fee.

Hope this helps ;)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi, Isusilo

I am little curious. Would you say that the MS in Marketing comes under the STEM program ?
Also, what is the general acceptance rate ?

Thank you very much :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Wolf13n,

The USC MS in Marketing is a year long program if completed full time. I believe that it is not under STEM program. We get 12 months OPT (for International students) post graduation. But I just got a really amazing news, our International graduates, more than 2/3 of them got a job (full time or internship) at US company within 3 months after graduation. I know that 2 alumni landed internships with Disney, 2 now working full time at Ipsos, 1 at a hotel chain and another at NYX.

With regards to the acceptance rate, it is close to 10% last year.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you so much for the quick reply :)
I hope you are having a good day !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 169
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Vanderbilt has also added a MS in Marketing
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 196
Send PM
lsusilo wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing valuable information. I saw elsewhere that you mentioned this course is not considered STEM. How much emphasis does this course place on quant ?. When I look at course at Columbia for instance , the course their is more quant focused.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lsusilo wrote:
Hi everyone,

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hey.
Do you have any knowledge abt the MSc Marketing program in UCD, Dublin and its ranking ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Fibonacci wrote:
I've been reading around here and see there is yet nothing written with regards to available M.S. in Marketing programmes. I'll try to make a full list on this page, please comment if you have any suggestions. I list only on-campus programs, not online programmes.

United States

New York University SCPS, New York, US. - Master of Science in Integrated Marketing (practical focused program)
Columbia University Business School, New York, US. - Master of Science in Marketing (academic research, path way to PhD)
University of Florida, Warringdon College of Business, Florida, US. - Master of Science in Marketing (academic research, path way to PhD)
Northwestern University (Medill) - Master of Science in Integrated Marketing Communications
University of Texas A&M (Mays) - Master of Science in Marketing
University of Virginia (McIntre School of Commerce) - Master of Science in Commerce, concentration Marketing
University of Rochester (Simon School) - Master of Science in Marketing
Golden Gate University - Master of Science in Marketing

Europe

Erasmus University Rotterdam, School of Management, Netherlands - Master of Science of Business Administration in Marketing
ESCP Europe, France (multi-campus) - Master of Science in Marketing and Creativity
ESADE Business School, Spain - Master in Marketing Management
IE Business School, Spain - Master in Digital Marketing
Tilburg University, Netherlands - Master in Marketing Management
Warwick Business School, UK - Master in Marketing & Strategy

Hello
What is your opinion or knowledge on the MSc Marketing offered in UCD Dublin ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

Finally I am able to find the right place to look into. For myself, the main reason to pursue MS in Marketing is pursue my interest, develop the required skillset and utilise it in the industry for certain years before pursuing MBA in marketing. Said that, I looking to convert my course into a job abroad.

Looking at the current scenario in the USA, I feel it is difficult to get a land a job there and thus left with the Western Europe.

In the Europe, I am looking forward to
Erasmus University Rotterdam, School of Management, Netherlands - Master of Science of Business Administration in Marketing
Nottingham Trent University, UK - Master of Science in Marketing

Let me know your thoughts on these schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Shivanis08 wrote:
Hey.
Do you have any knowledge abt the MSc Marketing program in UCD, Dublin and its ranking ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Hi, If you're able to collect any information on UCD, Dublin please let me know too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I am a current student of the MS in Marketing program at USC Marshall School of Business, Los Angeles.

My experience has been that finding a job is really a function of career resources your school has to offer and your own effort, of course. :)

So if you plan on coming to the US, you should make sure you're at a good school and you should be prepared to work hard!

Having said that, I have seen the previous classes of my program land jobs/internships of their choice in the US. In fact, I have seen my current classmates land internships as well. There are definitely a lot of recruiting opportunities on my campus. So I honestly don't think that there's a dearth of marketing jobs or jobs in general in the US. The process is a challenging one but it's not a hard goal to achieve!

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to share a current student's perspective!

Sruti

RaunakK wrote:
Hello,

Finally I am able to find the right place to look into. For myself, the main reason to pursue MS in Marketing is pursue my interest, develop the required skillset and utilise it in the industry for certain years before pursuing MBA in marketing. Said that, I looking to convert my course into a job abroad.

Looking at the current scenario in the USA, I feel it is difficult to get a land a job there and thus left with the Western Europe.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Boston U '16
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
srutichat wrote:
Hi,

I am a current student of the MS in Marketing program at USC Marshall School of Business, Los Angeles.

My experience has been that finding a job is really a function of career resources your school has to offer and your own effort, of course. :)

So if you plan on coming to the US, you should make sure you're at a good school and you should be prepared to work hard!

Having said that, I have seen the previous classes of my program land jobs/internships of their choice in the US. In fact, I have seen my current classmates land internships as well. There are definitely a lot of recruiting opportunities on my campus. So I honestly don't think that there's a dearth of marketing jobs or jobs in general in the US. The process is a challenging one but it's not a hard goal to achieve!

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to share a current student's perspective!

Sruti

RaunakK wrote:
Hello,

Hey Sruti,
I am an aspirant planning on applying to the US for Masters in Marketing courses for fall 2018. Seeing that you are a recent joinee in the program as well, I thought of asking you a few questions . It would be great if you can throw a light on them :
1. Do these courses especially the one you are doing have scholarship opportunities for international students (I am an Indian)
2. Like you mentioned, it is not tough to find a job , but can you help me understand the percentage of people of the last few years landing with a decent job? And are these jobs entry level (just an average salary amount might help)
The concern being, if I don't get a scholarship, I will have to take a loan and not getting a decent job would really take a toll on me .

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts