GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 11:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Professor A: The field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) was originally

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Professor A: The field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) was originally  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2018, 05:45
This is more of a CR question but I got it in my GMAT prep pack.
Please see image attached, which has OA too.

I had chosen "The research into narrow AI is not producing results that real people can benefit from today." against Professor B disagrees. Is this incorrect because the results listed in the question stem are arguably not for "real people"?
Experts. please help.

Thanks.
Attachments

IR_gmatprepQ.PNG
IR_gmatprepQ.PNG [ 128.95 KiB | Viewed 753 times ]

SC Moderator
D
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 4
WE: Analyst (Retail)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Professor A: The field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) was originally  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2018, 19:21
E is incorrect because the research on narrow AI may or may not benefit real people, but the research may be passively supporting general AI. If you select E, you are strengthening/agreeing to Prof. B

Aditi10 wrote:
This is more of a CR question but I got it in my GMAT prep pack.
Please see image attached, which has OA too.

I had chosen "The research into narrow AI is not producing results that real people can benefit from today." against Professor B disagrees. Is this incorrect because the results listed in the question stem are arguably not for "real people"?
Experts. please help.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge
Re: Professor A: The field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) was originally  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2018, 22:49
Aditi10

Professor B didn't said anything about welfare of people.So it can't be the answer.

Such questions reasoning resonates with the idea from general thing to specific example to specific example to general thing .
In OG you can find a lot of question on this concept.
so coming back to question .
Professor A : against of general to specific .
Professor B : support specific example to general thing.
For solution just reverse their analogy and you can have your answer.
Re: Professor A: The field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) was originally &nbs [#permalink] 24 Jun 2018, 22:49

Professor A: The field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) was originally

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, Bunuel

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap