GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Nov 2019, 02:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

PROFILE ASSESMENT FOR MBA IN US

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 260 Q13 V12
GPA: 3.8
PROFILE ASSESMENT FOR MBA IN US  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 23:08
I am a BBA student (Amity University) and I had given a GMAT in August 2017 and scored 630 and since then I had been practicing for my next GMAT which is on July 30. and I have given few mocks (official GMAT mocks and veritas prep mock) and I have been scoring between 650-730 in my mocks and I have been practicing e-gmats scholarinium also.

Stats: I have done my BBA (through a correspondence course) and got 7.9 SGPA on a scale of 10. I would score a 680+ on actual GMAT in my 2nd attempt based on practice scores till now.

Work: I am having a work exp. of 1 year in the industry sector, however, the company is not to renown, and I am switched my job to a much better company this year. I am thinking of applying for fall 2019. So till I join the college I will have a work exp. of minimum 2 years. beside this, I have been working while doing my BBA in a production unit for 2 years so would it be counted under my work exp.

Extracurricular: I have represented my school in a various music competition and in basketball and tennis tournaments. (these r my most imp. achievements)

Diversity: Male, from India, would be 23-24 at application time depending on when I decide to do it.

I 'm specifically looking to know TOP 50 collages of USA. Thanks!

Tell me what r my chances and which university should I go with (wanted to do MBA in finance or MBA in entrepreneurship and IT)
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: PROFILE ASSESMENT FOR MBA IN US  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2018, 06:31
Hi MAHEEP RAJ,

Thank you for your post. I do not believe you are ready to apply to top 50 programs in the U.S., but I do commend you for thinking ahead. That way you can prepare for the future! I encourage you to read this post about the MBA admissions chances for Indian applicants to the top 50 U.S. programs: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-admissio ... 39142.html

First, the average years of work experience for students at leading U.S. programs is around five years. The earliest point at which you start seeing realistic applications is when folks apply with two years of experience to enroll with three, but even that can be very difficult. Admissions committees want to see real impact and advancement in your organization and outside of it. You should focus on building experience in your professional and community life. Additionally, you can see via the link above that Indian applicants who are "too young" (e.g., 23/24) do not fare as well as Indian applicants with the right amount of experience.

Second, it's very difficult to provide a reasonable assessment when we're dealing with a wide range and hypotheticals in GMAT scores. Again, please review the post via the link above for context there. Generally speaking, you should try to target around 30 points above the average for whatever tier of schools you're interested in. That doesn't guarantee you anything. Getting is still quite difficult and requires excellent application execution. But hopefully that helps you set targets for your GMAT score.

Thanks,
Greg

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: PROFILE ASSESMENT FOR MBA IN US   [#permalink] 28 May 2018, 06:31

PROFILE ASSESMENT FOR MBA IN US

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep