GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 14 Jul 2020, 18:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT Date: 10-26-2012
GPA: 2.5
WE: Operations (Consulting)
Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2011, 08:58
Hi all..
Im santhosh..
My Profile:
Finished my Graduation during 2011..
Working as an Asst Manager Finance in a well reputed Private limited..
Will b promoted to Manager in Finance by 2012 June or July for sure(99%)
I have an WE of just 4 months

My 10th Score: 84%
My 12th score: 85%
My UG CGPA: 6.4/10

Im planning to take GMAT by 2012 September..
And also im planning to join MBA by 2013 fall..

I have planned to take MBA in FINANCE for sure
I have certificates of CFP and NCFM(all 16 tests)

I got best project award during my college.

Also i have engaged myself in taking in students of final yr ENGINEERING to take up free coaching for all entrance exams for higher studies given by our institution in co-operation with the government

Im a good shuttle cork and table tennis player..
i won runner title in Table tennis in zonals level.
I won 1st prize in ADZAPT and also 3rd prize in QUIZ..

If i score 700 in GMAT wat colleges in US and singapore can i try.. will i be able to get into HEC paris, INSEAD and IMD (SWISS) with 2 yrs of experience and this profile
Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2011, 02:59
Allright good sir, you seem to have a preeeeetty good work experience, although you do realize you are coming from a somewhat overrepreseted group. But nothing you can do about that then :) As for your schools, both INSEAD and HEC seem cool choices. IMD is probably a very very long shot for you. They also tend to take older candidates who already have management experience.

As for which US schools, I'd start looking at Johnson, NYU, Anderson, UNC, Austin, Wharton (a bit of a long shot, but its up your alley)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2020, 01:01
Hi, I am Abhimanyu, 28yo Male. Please evaluate my profile.

My Profile:
Finished my Bachelors of Enginnering (Chemical) in 2013 from Panjab University, Chandigarh.

My 10th Score: 87%
My 12th score: 84%
My UG Score: 72%

Im planning to take GMAT next month (July'20) [Last official practice test score: 690(V33,Q50)]
And also im planning to join MBA in 2021 intake

I am open to MBA major and career paths rt now, post MBA i will be looking for an exciting job.
Open to move within and outside India.

Work Ex;
1. Operations Manager at 'Reliance Industries Ltd' (July'13 - Nov'14) - Worked as Shift Field officer at World's largest petroleum refinery at Jamnagar, Gujarat. Was the responsible for all activities, production and maintenance of assigned plant. Headed a team of 4-5 field executives.

2. Executive Partner at Protech Solutions (Jan'15- present)- This is a family business and entrepreneurship experience, dealing in Electronics, particularly Audio, Video and Security Products; have dealt with many Indian and multi-national companies like Bose Corporation, Sennheiser, Hikvision as a key partner. Started this company with my brother but I was one of the main decision makers.
I have attended many technical trainings conducted by various brands and participated in trade fair both as Trade visitors and exhibitors.

Extra- Curriculars:
1. Volunteer work with NGO 'Youth United' in Chandigarh(2010-2013)- worked for education and overall development of underprivileged children- was elected Captain of Chandigarh Chapter in 2011. As a Captain, I presided a team of 30+ volunteers and among other things, hosted the flagship cultural event 'Smiling Future' in 2011, which proved to be the most succesful event in NGO's decade long history both in terms of no of children participating and amount of donations collected.

2. Recommended by Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (Ministry of Youth Affairs) to participate in TERI conference on ‘Conserving Global Commons’ in Chandigarh in Nov’11 and National conference YUVA Meet in Jan’12 in New Delhi.

3. Won 1st Prize for presenting a review poster on ‘Synergy’ at CHASCON-2012.

4. Part of organizing committee of various science conferences hosted by the University.

5. Part of organizing committee of college annual cultural and technical fest ‘Cyanide-12’, ‘Cyanide-11’ and ‘Cyanide-10’ and university cultural fest ‘Aagaaz-10’.

6. During School,Worked as a member of Interact Club, a unit of Rotary club during 2005-08

7. Active participant in various extra curricular house activities at school, was selected Vice-captain in 2007 and Captain in 2008 of my house.

8. Was selected 1 out of 20 member of School Student's council in 2008.

9. Part of a few hobby club for last few years. We organise various meets for book lovers, board game enthusiasts and some pop-culture discussions.
Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2020, 21:16
Hi Abhimanyu14,

Thanks for sharing your profile with us!

Based on the information that you gave us, two main questions come to mind:

(1) While it's great in some ways that you're open to different post-MBA career paths right now, it's important that you narrow your focus and articulate one specific path (both short- and long-term) in your application essays. AdComs are making bets on the applicants who they think have the best potential for future career success, and to do that, they need to know what your future career path is likely to be. It's ok if there's some open-endedness in your stated goals (after all, a good MBA program opens new doors), but you definitely need to be able to explain what you want to achieve in your career and why YOU are uniquely qualified to achieve it. Just saying that you're looking for "an exciting job" won't be enough, unfortunately!

(2) Your experience at ProTech Solutions sounds intriguing. This is a company that you co-founded with your brother? I'd want to know much more detail about how you formed and grew the company, what your role / contributions have been, and how you've grown as a leader and business person over the years. Relatively few applicants to top MBA programs already have entrepreneurial experience under their belts, so depending on your stories here, this could be an important differentiator for you.

I hope this is helpful -- feel free to reach out to us at www.admissionado.com if we can be of further help!

Best,

Doris
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.96
WE: Engineering (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2020, 21:46
Hi,

I am a 24-year-old Australian halfway through my final year of undergraduate studies with the intention to complete an MBA through an M7 deferred program. Due to my expected graduation date, I am eligible to apply to program deadlines in 2021. I believe that my GMAT score and essay(s) will ‘make or break’ my application. I appreciate any feedback on my profile and would like to hear opinions on what would be an appropriate GMAT score to target. My current train of thought is minimum --> 710, target --> 730, dream --> 750.

(1) BACKGROUND

Work experience:

• Big 3 German automotive manufacturer (Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes)

6-month internship in Germany

• Prestigious boutique German automotive manufacturer

14-month internship + thesis in Germany.

Only (possibly first) non-EU resident at the company

Extra curriculars:

• Founding president of the mechanical engineering student association

450+ members in six months

Organised an on-campus industry expo with 20+ companies and 800 student registrations

Company Q&As, industry visits, skill workshops, etc.

• Elected undergraduate representative of 12,000+ students on the school’s academic board

Hold monthly academic board meetings with the pro-vice chancellor and other high-ranking school officials. The academic board establishes the structure of academic programs and discusses school matters. There are a lot of NDAs!

• In2Science mentor

Mentor a classroom of low socioeconomic high school students to increase their engagement, confidence, and aspirations in STEM.

• Student-Staff consulting representative

Consult with my peers to identify program-related opportunities for improvement and present those issues at student-staff meetings.

• Founded a side-business on a shoestring budget

• Golden Key International Honour Society

• Formula SAE

Undergrad school/major:

• Location - Australia

• QS 250, QS Engineering 100, QS Top 20 50-Under-50

• Mechanical Engineering (Honours) | Business Management

Will graduate with two degrees.

Received several awards.

Featured on university promotional material.

• December 2020 graduation date

Other education/coursework:

• Certificate III in Music Industry

Race/nationality:

• White

• Australian

Sex:

• Male

(2) STATS

Cold GMAT Scores:

• MGMAT#1 620 (Q40 V35)

Taken 23/12/2019 (Did not begin to study yet)

• GMATPrep#1 650 (Q42 V38)

Taken 12/04/2020 (Did two weeks of study beforehand and stopped after)

• Potential test dates:December 20’, January 21’, February 21’

Undergrad GPA:

• 4.0 / 4.0

3 subjects remaining.

(3) MBA INFO

Goal of MBA:

• [Short-term] To move away from traditional engineering roles and into management style roles particularly in NPO start-ups. By being accepted into a deferred program I will have the confidence after undergrad to take professional risks, whether that is to begin/grow a start-up or apply myself in a smaller boutique firm. Furthermore, I will have the support of the school’s network to help accelerate my professional progression in the period before matriculation.

• [Long-term] My longer-term vision is to make a positive impact in Australia. Currently Australia has a large dependence on its mining and farming exports however both industries are in decline which will ultimately damage the economy. The automotive industry was once in this position, unfortunately the industry succumbed to the downward trend and manufacturing has since been abandoned. My goal is to bring back the automotive industry to Australia in the form of renewable and sustainable practises thus contributing jobs, innovative technology, and pride to the country.

(4) OTHER

International exposure and languages:

• Two months in Tanzania

• Two years in Germany

Can speak German at an elementary workplace level which I learnt in my own time.

Matriculation:

• Aim to work for 3-4 years before matriculating

Assuming that I am accepted into a deferred program.

• Will be ~27 years old at time of matriculation

Essay discussion points:

• Aspirations to lead and make a positive impact.

Unfortunately Fortunately I have no ‘sob stories’.

• MBA goals

• Time spent in Germany

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Admissionado