Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.32
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey Michael,

Your AWA and IR are fine. Not fantastic, but not bad either. And actually as long as they are decent they don't change things all that much so don't worry about that. What schools to apply to? Well, if your goal is really to go into IB, you should try and get into schools that feed into IB posts. A lot of those schools are in top 10 programs, and like I wrote, at least from what I see here, they would be a bit "dream schools" for you. (Booth, HBS, Wharton)... but there are still quite a few schools that are great out there: Columbia, NYU (neither of these will be easy to get into either, but they will be more possible than the above)... Johnson, and UNC to start with.

Good luck dude!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jon,

I heard that Yale and Duke have good finance focus. Do I have a good chance for those two programs?

Thanks,
Michael
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Michael,
Yale and Duke will still be a bit tough, although they will likely be easier that some of the other schools in Top 10. So you can apply to them, but make sure that your application strategy is well-balanced. A good example of a well-balanced application strategy would include say two schools that are "dream school" two schools at which you would be competitive and two "Safe schools" (This is the minimum of course... if you apply to more schools, the more the merrier, dude!)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jon,
Are Yale and Duke top 10 schools too? They are in 11 – 20 in FT2013. There are many different ranks out there, I am a bit confused by them.
Thanks for sharing the application strategy, I will apply all three types of schools to reach a good balance. Do you think Yale and Duke are “Dreams Schools” for me, or more towards competitive ones for me?
Thanks,
Michael
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Well, Top 10 is a bit flexible and does change from ranking to ranking.. Actually maybe I prefer the term "Tier 1" and "Tier 2".. I'd say both Yale and Duke are Tier 1 schools... and I think that for you they would be somewhere between dream and competitive, maybe a bit closer to dream. So these will be your toughest schools to get into, but still with a chance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you Don. I have put some schools into three categories - Dream, Competitive, and Safety. Please correct me if any of the school is not in the right place. Can you please also name some US safety school for me?

Dream: Yale, Duke
Competitive: Johnson, UNC, CMU, Georgetown HKUST
Safety: CUHK, Rotman

One more question - with the help of your team, will Yale and Duke become competitive schools for me?

Thanks,
Michael
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey there man,
Your auto-evalaution is pretty stop-on. I think you have a pretty good idea of what chances you might stand. Other schools you can look into are maybe schools like USC, Mendoza, Mays, Kelley... (there are more, and it depends a bit on your criteria). Can we help??! Of course we can! That's the whole point of our work.. ;) Just drop us a line here: https://admissionado.com/mba/free-consultation/ fill out the form, and write that you come from GMAT Club, and we'll hook you up.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts