GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 30 May 2020, 07:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Tuck Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Tuck Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2020, 03:07
I wanted your advice on my profile and whether the mba programs i am targeting for the 2021 admit realistic and within my reach. (IE not in the dream school category).
My target schools are Columbia, Kellogg, Michigan ross, Berkeley haas and tuck.

I am a bachelors of commerce graduate with 6.4/7 cgpa from hr college in mumbai (Mumbai University) and a gmat score of 740.

I worked full time while in college , 2 years in an equity research and mutual fund sale firm and 1 year articleship as i was pursuing CA at that time. ( cleared 2 out of the three levels but finals are left which i will not give)

I am a US CFA charterholder and US CMA certificate holder. Have also completed US CPA and US CAIA (chartered alternative investment analyst).
I have been working past 3 years in a mid sized accountancy firm based in small city in rajasthan, india.
I had to shift to rajasthan due to severe family emergencies therefore started working there as my presence was required for family.
I left my job after two years as i found a wonderful opportunity in mineral and mining and have started my own venture in partnership.
Though it can be managed and is stagnant while in the state , i wanted to make it a wholly export unit and establish in strategic locations across couple of countries like in canada and portugal and run it as a more corporate and an organized business organisation, much different from how mining is run in this state.
Therefore i planned on pursuing an mba which will help me manage and organize my business in the manner i want to run it and expand it.
I am ready to invest and grill myself for a 2 year mba in order to take the maximum out of it. 

On the extra curricular activity note, i am a registered mumber of the heartfulness organisation (for meditation) for the past 4 years. Travelled all across the country and have organised various seminars and workshops, played a big part in the green initiative and planted by myself about 40 plus trees. Have also organised meditation sessions for army personnel in my state and have also successfully implemented heartfulness for kids in various schools wherein we are training teachers on how to plant this seed right from a very young age in students.
While in college, one of my most proudest moment was when i lead an NSS team ( national service scheme) and did something out of box by forming a union for the domestic help who were in very bad condition in mumbai so that the local police as well as the members themselves can protect the right of others and to make sure that they are not exploited, due to this the police area head and i had an exclusive coverage as well.
Despite my work experience, the thing i am concerned about is my international exposure in job. That is an area i lack.

Posted from my mobile device
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Tuck Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 16:53
Hi, and thanks for writing! You do have strong academics and meaningful extracurriculars. Regarding your career, admissions committees will want to see progression - have there been milestones you've achieved in your venture so far that indicate its potential for success abroad? If not, would you consider waiting to apply until you've hit certain key goals (funding, etc)? Admissions committees know how tough it can be to launch a venture so they'll want assurance of the credibility of your post-MBA goal.

You are right that, given the competitiveness of the process for Indian applicants, international experience can boost a profile. However, the process is holistic. You'll definitely want to apply to Tuck as early in the admissions season as possible to maximize your chances, and make sure you thoroughly research the program (including talking to students/alumni) so that you can communicate your fit for it.

Hope that helps a bit! :)

justjeet wrote:
I wanted your advice on my profile and whether the mba programs i am targeting for the 2021 admit realistic and within my reach. (IE not in the dream school category).
My target schools are Columbia, Kellogg, Michigan ross, Berkeley haas and tuck.

I am a bachelors of commerce graduate with 6.4/7 cgpa from hr college in mumbai (Mumbai University) and a gmat score of 740.

I worked full time while in college , 2 years in an equity research and mutual fund sale firm and 1 year articleship as i was pursuing CA at that time. ( cleared 2 out of the three levels but finals are left which i will not give)

I am a US CFA charterholder and US CMA certificate holder. Have also completed US CPA and US CAIA (chartered alternative investment analyst).
I have been working past 3 years in a mid sized accountancy firm based in small city in rajasthan, india.
I had to shift to rajasthan due to severe family emergencies therefore started working there as my presence was required for family.
I left my job after two years as i found a wonderful opportunity in mineral and mining and have started my own venture in partnership.
Though it can be managed and is stagnant while in the state , i wanted to make it a wholly export unit and establish in strategic locations across couple of countries like in canada and portugal and run it as a more corporate and an organized business organisation, much different from how mining is run in this state.
Therefore i planned on pursuing an mba which will help me manage and organize my business in the manner i want to run it and expand it.
I am ready to invest and grill myself for a 2 year mba in order to take the maximum out of it. 

On the extra curricular activity note, i am a registered mumber of the heartfulness organisation (for meditation) for the past 4 years. Travelled all across the country and have organised various seminars and workshops, played a big part in the green initiative and planted by myself about 40 plus trees. Have also organised meditation sessions for army personnel in my state and have also successfully implemented heartfulness for kids in various schools wherein we are training teachers on how to plant this seed right from a very young age in students.
While in college, one of my most proudest moment was when i lead an NSS team ( national service scheme) and did something out of box by forming a union for the domestic help who were in very bad condition in mumbai so that the local police as well as the members themselves can protect the right of others and to make sure that they are not exploited, due to this the police area head and i had an exclusive coverage as well.
Despite my work experience, the thing i am concerned about is my international exposure in job. That is an area i lack.

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Director
Director
P
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Tuck Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 22:07
Please find below my profile for evaluation. Highly appreciate the help.

Is my profile decent for Tuck. Planning for R3 (Mid Feb 2020)

Background and nationality: Indian Male (26 years old)

Undergrad Information:
- Graduated from Loyola College (in affiliation with University of Madras in 2014 in B.Com with Accounting and Finance as majors.
Professional Certification:
- Cleared Chartered accountancy (Similar to a US CPA) in 2017.

GMAT:
- GMAT 740 (Q49 V41) - after multiple attempts (all accepted)

Work experience and leadership: Total work experience of 74 months bifurcated as below (including full-time training of 36 months for professional certification as it is post under graduation):
- 60 Months in KPMG (36M-Staff accountant/8M-Executive/16M-Senior) - Audit and Assurance service line - Worked on clients from different industries and led teams of 4-5 members on audits.

- 14 months with Family practice in audit, tax and consultancy services as a Consultant - Standardized work flow and formats along with day-to-day audit review work (7 Months) and now on a project implementation role with Daimler financial services (Won the engagement and led the work)

Community and others:
- Led one of the student clusters in college outreach program (Helping differently abled and elderly)
- Part of College citizen consumer club
- Organized multiple Corporate Social Responsibility activities at KPMG
- Keen in helping underprivileged children in English literacy

Post MBA goals:
IB in short term and PE in Long term

Other:
I am dysparaxic (Similar to dyslexic) and had troubles in reading and writing during childhood. Overcame it with remedial classes and HUGE amount of effort and struggle.
G

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2020, 12:45
Hi, and thanks for writing! Given how competitive the process is for Indians, and how competitive R3 is in general, I strongly recommend waiting until R1 this fall to apply. Otherwise, you have a solid profile - do make sure that you've thoroughly researched Tuck (including speaking with students/alumni) so that you can communicate in your application why it is a strong fit for you based on its culture and resources.

Hope that helps a bit! :)

Lampard42 wrote:
Please find below my profile for evaluation. Highly appreciate the help.

Is my profile decent for Tuck. Planning for R3 (Mid Feb 2020)

Background and nationality: Indian Male (26 years old)

Undergrad Information:
- Graduated from Loyola College (in affiliation with University of Madras in 2014 in B.Com with Accounting and Finance as majors.
Professional Certification:
- Cleared Chartered accountancy (Similar to a US CPA) in 2017.

GMAT:
- GMAT 740 (Q49 V41) - after multiple attempts (all accepted)

Work experience and leadership: Total work experience of 74 months bifurcated as below (including full-time training of 36 months for professional certification as it is post under graduation):
- 60 Months in KPMG (36M-Staff accountant/8M-Executive/16M-Senior) - Audit and Assurance service line - Worked on clients from different industries and led teams of 4-5 members on audits.

- 14 months with Family practice in audit, tax and consultancy services as a Consultant - Standardized work flow and formats along with day-to-day audit review work (7 Months) and now on a project implementation role with Daimler financial services (Won the engagement and led the work)

Community and others:
- Led one of the student clusters in college outreach program (Helping differently abled and elderly)
- Part of College citizen consumer club
- Organized multiple Corporate Social Responsibility activities at KPMG
- Keen in helping underprivileged children in English literacy

Post MBA goals:
IB in short term and PE in Long term

Other:
I am dysparaxic (Similar to dyslexic) and had troubles in reading and writing during childhood. Overcame it with remedial classes and HUGE amount of effort and struggle.

mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V36
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Tuck Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2020, 04:19
Hi All,

Looking to apply to Tuck and was hoping to get any input on my profile (below). Thanks in advance!

------------------

Background and nationality

Sex: Male
Nationality: Filipino

Undergrad Information

University attended: Ateneo de Manila University (Jesuit University; considered a top 3 university in the country)
GPA: 2.58

Notes: Who I am is heavily anchored on the influence of my family, my Jesuit education and sport. I made it a point to balance these three while at University. Apart from academics, I also focused on leadership roles in clubs / organizations that cater to social causes, as well as training for my local club team (ice hockey) that competed in pocket tournaments in the region.

A little more information on the clubs / organizations i was apart of while at University:
- I was the Associate Vice President of the Ateneo Special Education (SPEED) society with a focus on managing projects / events that connected persons with special needs from partner schools with different groups within and outside of the Ateneo.
- I was also an active member of the (i) Ateneo Catechetical Instruction League (ACIL) which is a club /organization that focuses on bringing children from under-resourced communities closer to their faith, and (ii) TUGON which is a club / organization that focuses on helping abandoned and abused children.

GMAT

Overall score: 650
Quant: 44
Verbal: 36

Work experience and leadership

My plan coming out of university was to work for 5/6 years in finance, take my MBA, and then eventually transition into my father's business post-MBA.

Work experience: A little shy of 6 years in one of the leading local investment banks in the country
Roles assumed:
2 years - Syndicate Team
2.5 years - Execution Team (Corporate Finance Division)
1.5 years - Project Finance Team (Corporate Finance Division)

Community and others

Extracurricular Activities:
Active skater and assistant captain of the Philippine Men's National Ice Hockey Team
Coach of the Philippine Women's National Ice Hockey Team
Coach in the Learn to Play "LTP" program of Hockey Philppines

Notes: The Philippine Ice Hockey Federation was incorporated in 2016. I have been an active member since its incorporation and was part of the inaugural team that participated in the 2017 Asian Winter Games in Sapporo (Div II - Bronze) and 2017 South East Asian Games (Gold). In 2018 I joined the coaching staff of the Women's team and helped guide them to their first gold medal in an official International Ice Hockey Federation tournament. In 2018 I also joined the coaching staff of the LTP program which was the marriage of my passions for service and sport - the LTP program is a cost-light program for all beginners (children and adults) who want to learn the sport.

Post MBA goals

Post-MBA I look to transition into my father's mortgage business and take on a leading role in the firm.

Note: I resigned last year in order to: (i) familiarize myself with my father’s business, (ii) study for the GMAT and prepare my MBA applications, (iii) prepare with the Philippine Men’s National Ice Hockey Team for the 2019 Southeast Asian Games and 2020 IIHF Division IV World Championships, and (iv) prepare the Philippine Women’s National Ice Hockey Team for the 2020 IIHF Women’s Challenge Cup of Asia – Top Division.

Reason for choosing Tuck

1. Tuck's strong general management program. Looking to the Tuck MBA as my best first step to develop a sound theoretical foundation to complement, and further build on, my investment banking experience (which was mostly transactional in nature).

2. As an athlete, I also value the program's emphasis on teamwork and leadership.

I feel that these particular features are what drew me to the program, and will best prepare me for my long-term goal of eventually taking over my father's business.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2020, 18:24
Good luck with your application. I personally think you need to improve your Gmat given the fact that your gpa is low. Also I’d recommend taking one of the pre-mba management / math courses and doing really well so you can include that grade (A+) in your application.

Good luck.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V36
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2020, 23:36
Charles777 wrote:
Good luck with your application. I personally think you need to improve your Gmat given the fact that your gpa is low. Also I’d recommend taking one of the pre-mba management / math courses and doing really well so you can include that grade (A+) in your application.

Good luck.

Thanks much! Appreciate the honest feedback. :)
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2020, 07:56
cn18 wrote:
Hi All,

Looking to apply to Tuck and was hoping to get any input on my profile (below). Thanks in advance!
hi @cn18 -- happy to provide some thoughts on your question-- see my comments below
------------------

Background and nationality

Sex: Male
Nationality: Filipino

Undergrad Information

University attended: Ateneo de Manila University (Jesuit University; considered a top 3 university in the country)
GPA: 2.58 I know you likely realize this GPA is not great-- so the GMAT hopefully will be stronger to balance this out. However, with strong leadership and perhaps some reason why this was lower that you explain in optional essay-- this can be overcome

Notes: Who I am is heavily anchored on the influence of my family, my Jesuit education and sport. I made it a point to balance these three while at University. Apart from academics, I also focused on leadership roles in clubs / organizations that cater to social causes, as well as training for my local club team (ice hockey) that competed in pocket tournaments in the region. You sound very grounded! Good for you-- as this will help you no matter what you do!

A little more information on the clubs / organizations i was apart of while at University:
- I was the Associate Vice President of the Ateneo Special Education (SPEED) society with a focus on managing projects / events that connected persons with special needs from partner schools with different groups within and outside of the Ateneo.
- I was also an active member of the (i) Ateneo Catechetical Instruction League (ACIL) which is a club /organization that focuses on bringing children from under-resourced communities closer to their faith, and (ii) TUGON which is a club / organization that focuses on helping abandoned and abused children.

GMAT

Overall score: 650
Quant: 44
Verbal: 36
There will be some programs who will consider this-- and this is the craziest year in recent memory on MBA admissions-- and everything-- so the GMAT is not as influential as it was in past years.
Work experience and leadership

My plan coming out of university was to work for 5/6 years in finance, take my MBA, and then eventually transition into my father's business post-MBA.

Work experience: A little shy of 6 years in one of the leading local investment banks in the country
Roles assumed:
2 years - Syndicate Team
2.5 years - Execution Team (Corporate Finance Division)
1.5 years - Project Finance Team (Corporate Finance Division)
Great work experience-- and that matters A LOT in this environment
Community and others

Extracurricular Activities:
Active skater and assistant captain of the Philippine Men's National Ice Hockey Team
Coach of the Philippine Women's National Ice Hockey Team
Coach in the Learn to Play "LTP" program of Hockey Philppines

Notes: The Philippine Ice Hockey Federation was incorporated in 2016. I have been an active member since its incorporation and was part of the inaugural team that participated in the 2017 Asian Winter Games in Sapporo (Div II - Bronze) and 2017 South East Asian Games (Gold). In 2018 I joined the coaching staff of the Women's team and helped guide them to their first gold medal in an official International Ice Hockey Federation tournament. In 2018 I also joined the coaching staff of the LTP program which was the marriage of my passions for service and sport - the LTP program is a cost-light program for all beginners (children and adults) who want to learn the sport.
This is all very impressive!
Post MBA goals

Post-MBA I look to transition into my father's mortgage business and take on a leading role in the firm.

Note: I resigned last year in order to: (i) familiarize myself with my father’s business, (ii) study for the GMAT and prepare my MBA applications, (iii) prepare with the Philippine Men’s National Ice Hockey Team for the 2019 Southeast Asian Games and 2020 IIHF Division IV World Championships, and (iv) prepare the Philippine Women’s National Ice Hockey Team for the 2020 IIHF Women’s Challenge Cup of Asia – Top Division.

Reason for choosing Tuck

1. Tuck's strong general management program. Looking to the Tuck MBA as my best first step to develop a sound theoretical foundation to complement, and further build on, my investment banking experience (which was mostly transactional in nature). This is a good reason for Tuck

2. As an athlete, I also value the program's emphasis on teamwork and leadership. And you've picked a place with ice hockey! That can be a good fit for you

I feel that these particular features are what drew me to the program, and will best prepare me for my long-term goal of eventually taking over my father's business.

So the question for applying quickly in R3 is would you be able to get a visa in time? I think in your case it might be best to spend the next few months really working on the GMAT and doing research from afar by reaching out to Tuck Students and clubs so that when R1 2020 comes you are ready to jump in quickly. It could also save you from missing some of the fall if it is still online so I would strongly suggest gearing up to apply in R1 2020 and then matriculate in fall 2021. If you want to know more about how Stratus can help, reach out for a free consult here: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/consult/
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 08:43
Hello,

Could someone please review my profile for Tuck?

· Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian, male, will be 30 years old, this July.
· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Visvesvaraya Technological University, (India), Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics engineering, GPA : 3
· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 730 (Q49, VA 45 )
.Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
- Started with IBM as an IT analyst and moved to Deloitte as an IT consultant. Was an individual contributor, and received a 'stellar performer of the year' award. Planned three
different platforms to address client issues. Worked with the development teams to outline a ticketing tool, curated for my team needs.
- Joined British Telecommunications as a network engineer, and later got promoted as a manager - workforce management consulting ( Individual contributor) . Designed a sharepoint
site for global clients to analyse their project data. Brainstormed different versions to come up with something closer to their operational goals. Received 4 quarterly awards for
process improvement, and 5 (senior) client recommendations. Massively improved operational performances for 3 different projects which was performing pathetically poor, leveraging
the benefits of the dashboard I designed. I have also been involved with several business transformational projects.

IBM : January 2014 – August 2015
Deloitte : September 2015 – December 2016
British Telecom : December 2016 – Present.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
- School :
- Was the cultural captain : Was responsible to host cultural events and collaborate with other schools on cultural fests. Received 4 gold medals in school level athletics.
-Was the captain of the school's cricket team, for two years. (captaincy rotated every two years.

- Undergraduate:

o Founded the college's first heavy metal band
o Started the college's first Music club with a separate brick and mortar house.
o Received several gold/silver medals for different inter-college sports/game/music competitions.
o Founded a poetry club.

. Post-MBA goals: I want to get into management consulting or finance.

· Other information relevant to your profile: I have no international experience, but most of my clients have been from diverse nationalities.

Regards,
theleopride
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2020, 06:29
Hi everyone!
First of all I’d like to thank everyone for taking the time to read through and respond to my profile.
I’m planning to apply for the Aug-2021 intake (basically applying this Aug 2020), and appreciate your insights for my profile.

Background:
Nationality: Indian, Male, 25 years old
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38, IR7, AWA5.5)
TOEFL: 114 (R30, L30, S28, W26)

Education:
B.E in Computer Science from BITS Pilani (non IIT - top university in India), GPA: 9.55/10 (Top-5 of my batch of 650+)

Professional Experience:
1. By the time of Joining i.e Aug-2022, I will have 4 years of experience in a US based cloud company (Nutanix).
2. Moved into a new role of Product Management - which contributes to half of my total experience.
3. Technology consulting for IRENA on the side for about 9 months now - on sustainable energy technologies

International Exposure:
1. Worked for Empa (Swiss Lab) - on a 3 month internship with 3 professors. [REMOTE]
2. Travelled to Bay Area (my company HQ) for projects.
3. Handle customer requests and discussions in the EMEA/Americas/India regions. [REMOTE]
4. Have been working for IRENA (international renewable energy agency) - collaborating with researchers, technologists, etc. from over 5 nationalities [REMOTE]

Achievements:
1. One of the few employees to get a quick promotion in 1 year.
2. youngest PM in the entire company of 5000+ people.
3. Undergraduate merit scholar (for all semesters of study).

Co-Curriculars:
1. Started an NGO chapter in Bangalore - formed and led a team of 5 - deals with financial education for the underprivileged (> 1.5 year)
- conducted camps, collaborated with other NGOs to increase our reach to over 1000+ people, 1 case study of helping a group of people
2. Volunteered for another NPO remotely - creating a platform called “sing for needs” - product owner leading a team of 8 to deliver the solution (~ 1 year)
3. Worked as a mentor to a undergraduate startup (~ 1 year)
- helped scale their business to 50+ clients in 6 months (from 10)
- helped the team to get incubated at Atal Incubation Centre

Post MBA goals:
Goal-1: I would like to work in technology in a general management or a product management role for a tech company like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Tesla, Apple, etc.
Goal-2 (Backup): I want to try management consulting for a while before moving to tech

Questions:
Is my GMAT score enough to get into Wharton (with some scholarship)? Since Indians generally tend to have higher scores?
G

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2020, 09:05
Hi, and thanks for writing! You have a very well-rounded profile, with strong academics, a progressive career in a U.S.-based company, and meaningful community involvement. Admissions is very competitive for Indian applicants, but I think that these profile elements, along with the fact that you have some international exposure, will help your chances at Tuck.

A 730 is considered an "average" score for Indian applicants given the sheer size and competitiveness of the pool, so I don't think it would lead to a scholarship at a U.S. top school. In fact, if you think there's an opportunity to increase the score, I'd consider retaking so that your chances of admission at these programs is higher.

Regarding your career goals - I wouldn't designate consulting as a "backup". Consulting firms are among the first to recruit on campus, so you'd need to know right away if that is a path you want to pursue. Based on your experience to date, I think product management at a tech company makes a lot of sense. Hope that helps!

rachitkansal wrote:
Hi everyone!
First of all I’d like to thank everyone for taking the time to read through and respond to my profile.
I’m planning to apply for the Aug-2021 intake (basically applying this Aug 2020), and appreciate your insights for my profile.

Background:
Nationality: Indian, Male, 25 years old
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38, IR7, AWA5.5)
TOEFL: 114 (R30, L30, S28, W26)

Education:
B.E in Computer Science from BITS Pilani (non IIT - top university in India), GPA: 9.55/10 (Top-5 of my batch of 650+)

Professional Experience:
1. By the time of Joining i.e Aug-2022, I will have 4 years of experience in a US based cloud company (Nutanix).
2. Moved into a new role of Product Management - which contributes to half of my total experience.
3. Technology consulting for IRENA on the side for about 9 months now - on sustainable energy technologies

International Exposure:
1. Worked for Empa (Swiss Lab) - on a 3 month internship with 3 professors. [REMOTE]
2. Travelled to Bay Area (my company HQ) for projects.
3. Handle customer requests and discussions in the EMEA/Americas/India regions. [REMOTE]
4. Have been working for IRENA (international renewable energy agency) - collaborating with researchers, technologists, etc. from over 5 nationalities [REMOTE]

Achievements:
1. One of the few employees to get a quick promotion in 1 year.
2. youngest PM in the entire company of 5000+ people.
3. Undergraduate merit scholar (for all semesters of study).

Co-Curriculars:
1. Started an NGO chapter in Bangalore - formed and led a team of 5 - deals with financial education for the underprivileged (> 1.5 year)
- conducted camps, collaborated with other NGOs to increase our reach to over 1000+ people, 1 case study of helping a group of people
2. Volunteered for another NPO remotely - creating a platform called “sing for needs” - product owner leading a team of 8 to deliver the solution (~ 1 year)
3. Worked as a mentor to a undergraduate startup (~ 1 year)
- helped scale their business to 50+ clients in 6 months (from 10)
- helped the team to get incubated at Atal Incubation Centre

Post MBA goals:
Goal-1: I would like to work in technology in a general management or a product management role for a tech company like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Tesla, Apple, etc.
Goal-2 (Backup): I want to try management consulting for a while before moving to tech

Questions:
Is my GMAT score enough to get into Wharton (with some scholarship)? Since Indians generally tend to have higher scores?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Tuck Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 05 May 2020, 09:05

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 91 posts ] 

Tuck Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: texas101, BingingOnNetflix