It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 04:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 243 [0], given: 0

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 10:52
SharmaShruti wrote:
Hi,

Indian female, 24 years old.
Currently have 3 years of work exp as a management consultant with a leading consultancy in India. Got two promotions in a span of three years
GMAT: 710 (Q47 V40 IR7 AWA5)
GPA: 3.4-3.6
Undergrad: Major in economics from a top 5 college for humanities in India
Mentor of an underprivileged child at a program similar to the Big Brother- Big Sister program in US
Good extra- curriculars throughout school and college
State level athlete during school days

Short term goal: To work with a leading consultancy as a Talent and Performance consultant (Human Capital consulting)
Long term goal: Lead the talent and performance practice in a leading consultancy

Thank you!

mbaMissionJenK, asimov, Aringo request you to please evaluate my profile as well

Hi Sharma,

Thanks for posting, happy to help.

So in terms of your strengths:

-consulting experience and promotions
-respectable academics, tough major (econ)
-ECs, community involvement

Potential challenges:
Nothing too critical; GMAT doesn't really differentiate you but not a weakness either. I don't have full details of your specific work and projects etc, and other elements can come into play such as overall life experiences (especially given the 25 things list!!), and how you put together your applications and how the recommendations come into play etc.

But overall I'd be hopeful that you would be considered by Fuqua if your applications are stellar. Then it may depend upon how you stack up against applicants most similar to you. Good luck!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.03
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 03:15
Hi,

Here are a few specifics of my profile

Nationality: Indian

GMAT: 750 (Q50, V42, AWA 6, IR 8)
GPA: 3.03 (7.58 out of 10)
Undergraduate degree: Engineering

Work Experience: 3 years till now (4 years by the time I enroll) in Consulting.
I work at a US-based leading consulting firm in Sales and Marketing, and predominantly working with US and EU-based Healthcare companies
Promotions: 1
Leading a team of: 1
Short-term international experience: Spain and Germany (2 weeks), US (2.5 weeks)

Short-term goal: Work as a Brand Manager in the Healthcare
Long-term goal: Lead the Healthcare and Life Sciences division of a company with global outreach

ECs: Initiated programs with Finance and HR teams (outside my scope of work)
Student Recruitment head during undergraduate education
Events head in college
Loads of MUN, Debate and Elocution experience

Reasons for applying to Fuqua: Strong healthcare program

Please let me know!

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
S

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 18:23
rajdavezz99 wrote:
Hi,

Here are a few specifics of my profile

Nationality: Indian

GMAT: 750 (Q50, V42, AWA 6, IR 8)
GPA: 3.03 (7.58 out of 10)
Undergraduate degree: Engineering

Work Experience: 3 years till now (4 years by the time I enroll) in Consulting.
I work at a US-based leading consulting firm in Sales and Marketing, and predominantly working with US and EU-based Healthcare companies
Promotions: 1
Leading a team of: 1
Short-term international experience: Spain and Germany (2 weeks), US (2.5 weeks)

Short-term goal: Work as a Brand Manager in the Healthcare
Long-term goal: Lead the Healthcare and Life Sciences division of a company with global outreach

ECs: Initiated programs with Finance and HR teams (outside my scope of work)
Student Recruitment head during undergraduate education
Events head in college
Loads of MUN, Debate and Elocution experience

Reasons for applying to Fuqua: Strong healthcare program

Please let me know!

Hi,

Congrats on the GMAT! So are you still currently in India, just working for a US company if I'm following?

Overall I think your profile sounds solid and would be hopeful for consideration from Fuqua. Now it's still quite competitive for Indian males with engineering degrees, even with solid GMAT scores :), and you can still make an impact positive or negative through your essays (those 25 things are an interesting approach!), your recommendations, your interview etc. But your work in sales and marketing consulting (?right?) within healthcare, which includes a promotion and some management experience, and some examples of initiative though not sure what the scope is of those programs you started with finance & HR... all of those elements are positive thus far. Not sure of your anticipated timing?? But feel free to check out our Duke Essay Tips at:

https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2017/06 ... 2017-2018/

If applying soon! Good luck!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.52
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 11:48
Hi! Brand new to this. Just started researching today really, and am interested in Fuqua.
I would not be applying until next September, and don't have any GMAT estimates yet, but would someone be able to provide feedback on how my profile would look to Fuqua, and what sort of score I'd better aim for? Thank you!! :grin:

Background and nationality: American female, will be 31 when I apply next Fall. Nonprofit professional, current Peace Corps Organizational and Individual Development Volunteer at social enterprise in small town in Eastern Europe.

Undergrad information: BA Media Studies from top-tier W Coast liberal arts college. MA International Affairs (‘15), from recognizable but young program from private university (GPA – 3.52)

{My MA gave me good background and specialization, but isn’t sufficient for what I want to do.}

GMAT: ? Traditionally not quant-talented on tests. Hopefully with preparation mid 600’s to HOPEFULLY low 700’s.

{This is my concern. Sidenote: my MA included stats and economics courses, which I had fine marks in}

Work experience and leadership: 7 years fundraising and marketing experience in international nonprofits, promoted to managerial role; volunteer Net Impact project manager for engagement to develop social enterprise; 1 year as Account Director at fundraising agency, current Peace Corps volunteer + cohort leader in newly-created Peace Corps Peer Support Network.

Community and others: Varied volunteer work in college and prior (rotary club, trail-building, grassroots re-building after Hurricane Katrina, children’s literacy groups), 4 years as emergency department sexual assault/domestic violence advocate, Net Impact NYC volunteer consultant, 2 years as Peace Corps volunteer: developing programs/capacity of young social enterprise café + building tourism capacity and advertising heritage tour for small village.

Post MBA goals:
Short term: consult at top consulting firm with focus on social and public sector.
Long term: lead international social sector consulting at top firm.
Back-up plans include heading CSR at impactful companies, or entering nonprofit leadership.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 15:28
Updating my post with a recent GMAT score:

Undergrad: Top 10 Public School (Top 5 Undergraduate Business Program)

GPA: 3.7

Work:
-2 Years as a Financial Analyst in a Healthcare commericial/corporate banking group at one of the 4 largest commercial banks in the US. Performed financial analysis of investment grade healthcare systems and developed a strong understanding of the provider space
-3 Years as a Management Consultant for a small healthcare consulting firm.I worked on projects with national healthcare medicaid managed care organizations over 6-7 states so I gained a lot of experience on the payer space and experience with the medicaid/medicare space in a multiple number of states. I've gained experience leading my own work streams and my recommenders (Partner, Senior Manager) can speak to my leadership ability and my client interactions very well.

Other:
-In college, volunteered abroad with a public health organization
-Currently involved in a few volunteering organizations but about to start working with a high school mentorship program this fall

GMAT
-720 (48Q, 41V)

Goals for MBA:

-Healthcare. I'm passionate about the industry and I don't want to change industries. I want to leverage my experience in both the finance/provider and management consulting/payer space and move towards hospital/provider strategy. With that said, I'm targeting schools with strong placements/programs within healthcare.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
S

Kudos [?]: 243 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 17:35
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
mnikkim wrote:
Hi! Brand new to this. Just started researching today really, and am interested in Fuqua.
I would not be applying until next September, and don't have any GMAT estimates yet, but would someone be able to provide feedback on how my profile would look to Fuqua, and what sort of score I'd better aim for? Thank you!! :grin:

Background and nationality: American female, will be 31 when I apply next Fall. Nonprofit professional, current Peace Corps Organizational and Individual Development Volunteer at social enterprise in small town in Eastern Europe.

Undergrad information: BA Media Studies from top-tier W Coast liberal arts college. MA International Affairs (‘15), from recognizable but young program from private university (GPA – 3.52)

{My MA gave me good background and specialization, but isn’t sufficient for what I want to do.}

GMAT: ? Traditionally not quant-talented on tests. Hopefully with preparation mid 600’s to HOPEFULLY low 700’s.

{This is my concern. Sidenote: my MA included stats and economics courses, which I had fine marks in}

Work experience and leadership: 7 years fundraising and marketing experience in international nonprofits, promoted to managerial role; volunteer Net Impact project manager for engagement to develop social enterprise; 1 year as Account Director at fundraising agency, current Peace Corps volunteer + cohort leader in newly-created Peace Corps Peer Support Network.

Community and others: Varied volunteer work in college and prior (rotary club, trail-building, grassroots re-building after Hurricane Katrina, children’s literacy groups), 4 years as emergency department sexual assault/domestic violence advocate, Net Impact NYC volunteer consultant, 2 years as Peace Corps volunteer: developing programs/capacity of young social enterprise café + building tourism capacity and advertising heritage tour for small village.

Post MBA goals:
Short term: consult at top consulting firm with focus on social and public sector.
Long term: lead international social sector consulting at top firm.
Back-up plans include heading CSR at impactful companies, or entering nonprofit leadership.

Hi there,
Thanks for the insight into your current situation and background. I think Fuqua would appreciate your extensive non-profit experience and international experience, and it sounds like you have extensive community involvement as well, which is important to Fuqua and you can weave into your essays extensively especially if they keep the same questions next year on the app. It will be important to you to have a solid story as to the 'why' you need the MBA, especially given that you do have a lot of experience, and you want to show them that you know the program well and how it will help you. To your point-- GMAT is still a large unknown!! That can make a big impact, so as soon as it makes sense for your schedule I'd set aside 2-3 months of prep time, take a reputable course and/or work with a tutor, and set a date! Keep us posted, and if you'd like to speak further with one of our consultants in the future feel free to sign up for a consultation at www.mbamission.com/consult. Good luck!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Kudos [?]: 243 [1], given: 0

Expert Post
S

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 17:44
cubsfan10 wrote:
Updating my post with a recent GMAT score:

Undergrad: Top 10 Public School (Top 5 Undergraduate Business Program)

GPA: 3.7

Work:
-2 Years as a Financial Analyst in a Healthcare commericial/corporate banking group at one of the 4 largest commercial banks in the US. Performed financial analysis of investment grade healthcare systems and developed a strong understanding of the provider space
-3 Years as a Management Consultant for a small healthcare consulting firm.I worked on projects with national healthcare medicaid managed care organizations over 6-7 states so I gained a lot of experience on the payer space and experience with the medicaid/medicare space in a multiple number of states. I've gained experience leading my own work streams and my recommenders (Partner, Senior Manager) can speak to my leadership ability and my client interactions very well.

Other:
-In college, volunteered abroad with a public health organization
-Currently involved in a few volunteering organizations but about to start working with a high school mentorship program this fall

GMAT
-720 (48Q, 41V)

Goals for MBA:

-Healthcare. I'm passionate about the industry and I don't want to change industries. I want to leverage my experience in both the finance/provider and management consulting/payer space and move towards hospital/provider strategy. With that said, I'm targeting schools with strong placements/programs within healthcare.

Hi--
Sounds like you just got the GMAT (??), so congrats, nice solid score. You have a good basis to your profile, with solid GPA, work experience, and respectable GMAT. I don't know the full extent of your accomplishments, leadership, impact made etc within your career and resume, but if you have decent examples along those lines, and put together a strong application and recommendations, aiming to focus on what you'll BRING to Fuqua and what has shaped who you are today in your essays, and have a strong story for your post-MBA goals, I would be hopeful you would be considered. Of course there are no sure things and often it depends upon when you apply and who else is applying that year/timeframe and how the whole class shapes up as well. I don't think you mentioned when you would apply, but earlier rounds are preferred as long as your application is ready. Good luck and keep us posted, and be sure to research Fuqua well and show your passion for the program!!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 14:39
Background and nationality: US-born Indian

Undergrad Information: BS Chemical Engineering, GPA: 3.03

Graduate Information: MS Biomedical Engineering, JD Law

GMAT: 760 (Q48/V47/IR6/AWA6)

Work experience and leadership: 1.5 years engineering, 4 years patent attorney, 2 years chief innovation officer & general counsel of startup
Community and others: Event committee of alumni association and a non-profit. Founder and president of a student organization, treasurer of a couple of student organization, commissioner of basketball league.

Post MBA goals: Short term, join life sciences/healthcare technology group of consulting firm, leveraging experience in technology, healthcare, law and management to help healthcare technology companies bring innovative products to market. Long term, lead strategy at a large healthcare technology company to drive growth through innovation, acquisitions, and partnerships.

Anything else? 2-year research fellowship during undergrad, where I studied drug delivery systems. Masters thesis on minimally invasive treatments for low back pain. Interests including basketball, improv, rock climbing, and technology.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.52
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 04:50
Quote:
Hi--
Sounds like you just got the GMAT (??), so congrats, nice solid score. You have a good basis to your profile, with solid GPA, work experience, and respectable GMAT. I don't know the full extent of your accomplishments, leadership, impact made etc within your career and resume, but if you have decent examples along those lines, and put together a strong application and recommendations, aiming to focus on what you'll BRING to Fuqua and what has shaped who you are today in your essays, and have a strong story for your post-MBA goals, I would be hopeful you would be considered. Of course there are no sure things and often it depends upon when you apply and who else is applying that year/timeframe and how the whole class shapes up as well. I don't think you mentioned when you would apply, but earlier rounds are preferred as long as your application is ready. Good luck and keep us posted, and be sure to research Fuqua well and show your passion for the program!!

Thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback! I'm going to start studying soon.

Expert Post
S

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 17:55
vb007 wrote:
Background and nationality: US-born Indian

Undergrad Information: BS Chemical Engineering, GPA: 3.03

Graduate Information: MS Biomedical Engineering, JD Law

GMAT: 760 (Q48/V47/IR6/AWA6)

Work experience and leadership: 1.5 years engineering, 4 years patent attorney, 2 years chief innovation officer & general counsel of startup
Community and others: Event committee of alumni association and a non-profit. Founder and president of a student organization, treasurer of a couple of student organization, commissioner of basketball league.

Post MBA goals: Short term, join life sciences/healthcare technology group of consulting firm, leveraging experience in technology, healthcare, law and management to help healthcare technology companies bring innovative products to market. Long term, lead strategy at a large healthcare technology company to drive growth through innovation, acquisitions, and partnerships.

Anything else? 2-year research fellowship during undergrad, where I studied drug delivery systems. Masters thesis on minimally invasive treatments for low back pain. Interests including basketball, improv, rock climbing, and technology.

First off congrats on a fab GMAT! :wave:

Now... you've done a LOT, to put it lightly..... you have a background that could be a double-edged sword... on one hand, you have so much to offer in terms of a broad perspective, with a background in many industries and areas of study. On the other hand.... it could appear that your path is scattered or indecisive or unclear, and if you are saying you already have 2 grad degrees (?) there could be eyebrows raised at the MBA as necessary for your next steps. I'm not saying you can't convince admissions of your plans and need for the degree, but that will be your biggest challenge and task for the admissions process ... certainly your GMAT is a big plus at Fuqua. So the challenge will be telling your story in a cohesive way in the essays/interview and ensuring that you are clear on how and why the MBA is the right next step. Good luck to you!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 22 Oct 2017, 17:55

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 90 posts ] 

Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap