GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 25 Apr 2018, 17:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 2793
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 10:52
SharmaShruti wrote:
Hi,

Indian female, 24 years old.
Currently have 3 years of work exp as a management consultant with a leading consultancy in India. Got two promotions in a span of three years
GMAT: 710 (Q47 V40 IR7 AWA5)
GPA: 3.4-3.6
Undergrad: Major in economics from a top 5 college for humanities in India
Mentor of an underprivileged child at a program similar to the Big Brother- Big Sister program in US
Good extra- curriculars throughout school and college
State level athlete during school days

Short term goal: To work with a leading consultancy as a Talent and Performance consultant (Human Capital consulting)
Long term goal: Lead the talent and performance practice in a leading consultancy

Thank you!

mbaMissionJenK, asimov, Aringo request you to please evaluate my profile as well



Hi Sharma,

Thanks for posting, happy to help.

So in terms of your strengths:

-consulting experience and promotions
-respectable academics, tough major (econ)
-ECs, community involvement

Potential challenges:
Nothing too critical; GMAT doesn't really differentiate you but not a weakness either. I don't have full details of your specific work and projects etc, and other elements can come into play such as overall life experiences (especially given the 25 things list!!), and how you put together your applications and how the recommendations come into play etc.

But overall I'd be hopeful that you would be considered by Fuqua if your applications are stellar. Then it may depend upon how you stack up against applicants most similar to you. Good luck!
_________________

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 May 2017
Posts: 26
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.03
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 03:15
Hi,

Here are a few specifics of my profile

Nationality: Indian
Gender: Male
Age: 25

GMAT: 750 (Q50, V42, AWA 6, IR 8)
GPA: 3.03 (7.58 out of 10)
Undergraduate degree: Engineering

Work Experience: 3 years till now (4 years by the time I enroll) in Consulting.
I work at a US-based leading consulting firm in Sales and Marketing, and predominantly working with US and EU-based Healthcare companies
Promotions: 1
Leading a team of: 1
Short-term international experience: Spain and Germany (2 weeks), US (2.5 weeks)

Short-term goal: Work as a Brand Manager in the Healthcare
Long-term goal: Lead the Healthcare and Life Sciences division of a company with global outreach

ECs: Initiated programs with Finance and HR teams (outside my scope of work)
Student Recruitment head during undergraduate education
Events head in college
Loads of MUN, Debate and Elocution experience

Reasons for applying to Fuqua: Strong healthcare program

Please let me know!
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 2793
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 18:23
rajdavezz99 wrote:
Hi,

Here are a few specifics of my profile

Nationality: Indian
Gender: Male
Age: 25

GMAT: 750 (Q50, V42, AWA 6, IR 8)
GPA: 3.03 (7.58 out of 10)
Undergraduate degree: Engineering

Work Experience: 3 years till now (4 years by the time I enroll) in Consulting.
I work at a US-based leading consulting firm in Sales and Marketing, and predominantly working with US and EU-based Healthcare companies
Promotions: 1
Leading a team of: 1
Short-term international experience: Spain and Germany (2 weeks), US (2.5 weeks)

Short-term goal: Work as a Brand Manager in the Healthcare
Long-term goal: Lead the Healthcare and Life Sciences division of a company with global outreach

ECs: Initiated programs with Finance and HR teams (outside my scope of work)
Student Recruitment head during undergraduate education
Events head in college
Loads of MUN, Debate and Elocution experience

Reasons for applying to Fuqua: Strong healthcare program

Please let me know!



Hi,

Congrats on the GMAT! So are you still currently in India, just working for a US company if I'm following?

Overall I think your profile sounds solid and would be hopeful for consideration from Fuqua. Now it's still quite competitive for Indian males with engineering degrees, even with solid GMAT scores :), and you can still make an impact positive or negative through your essays (those 25 things are an interesting approach!), your recommendations, your interview etc. But your work in sales and marketing consulting (?right?) within healthcare, which includes a promotion and some management experience, and some examples of initiative though not sure what the scope is of those programs you started with finance & HR... all of those elements are positive thus far. Not sure of your anticipated timing?? But feel free to check out our Duke Essay Tips at:

https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2017/06 ... 2017-2018/

If applying soon! Good luck!
_________________

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.52
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests
Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 11:48
Hi! Brand new to this. Just started researching today really, and am interested in Fuqua.
I would not be applying until next September, and don't have any GMAT estimates yet, but would someone be able to provide feedback on how my profile would look to Fuqua, and what sort of score I'd better aim for? Thank you!! :grin:

Background and nationality: American female, will be 31 when I apply next Fall. Nonprofit professional, current Peace Corps Organizational and Individual Development Volunteer at social enterprise in small town in Eastern Europe.

Undergrad information: BA Media Studies from top-tier W Coast liberal arts college. MA International Affairs (‘15), from recognizable but young program from private university (GPA – 3.52)

{My MA gave me good background and specialization, but isn’t sufficient for what I want to do.}

GMAT: ? Traditionally not quant-talented on tests. Hopefully with preparation mid 600’s to HOPEFULLY low 700’s.

{This is my concern. Sidenote: my MA included stats and economics courses, which I had fine marks in}

Work experience and leadership: 7 years fundraising and marketing experience in international nonprofits, promoted to managerial role; volunteer Net Impact project manager for engagement to develop social enterprise; 1 year as Account Director at fundraising agency, current Peace Corps volunteer + cohort leader in newly-created Peace Corps Peer Support Network.

Community and others: Varied volunteer work in college and prior (rotary club, trail-building, grassroots re-building after Hurricane Katrina, children’s literacy groups), 4 years as emergency department sexual assault/domestic violence advocate, Net Impact NYC volunteer consultant, 2 years as Peace Corps volunteer: developing programs/capacity of young social enterprise café + building tourism capacity and advertising heritage tour for small village.

Post MBA goals:
Short term: consult at top consulting firm with focus on social and public sector.
Long term: lead international social sector consulting at top firm.
Back-up plans include heading CSR at impactful companies, or entering nonprofit leadership.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jan 2017
Posts: 11
Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 26 Nov 2017, 23:10
--Updated Later---

Originally posted by cubsfan10 on 15 Oct 2017, 15:28.
Last edited by cubsfan10 on 26 Nov 2017, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 2793
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 17:35
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
mnikkim wrote:
Hi! Brand new to this. Just started researching today really, and am interested in Fuqua.
I would not be applying until next September, and don't have any GMAT estimates yet, but would someone be able to provide feedback on how my profile would look to Fuqua, and what sort of score I'd better aim for? Thank you!! :grin:

Background and nationality: American female, will be 31 when I apply next Fall. Nonprofit professional, current Peace Corps Organizational and Individual Development Volunteer at social enterprise in small town in Eastern Europe.

Undergrad information: BA Media Studies from top-tier W Coast liberal arts college. MA International Affairs (‘15), from recognizable but young program from private university (GPA – 3.52)

{My MA gave me good background and specialization, but isn’t sufficient for what I want to do.}

GMAT: ? Traditionally not quant-talented on tests. Hopefully with preparation mid 600’s to HOPEFULLY low 700’s.

{This is my concern. Sidenote: my MA included stats and economics courses, which I had fine marks in}

Work experience and leadership: 7 years fundraising and marketing experience in international nonprofits, promoted to managerial role; volunteer Net Impact project manager for engagement to develop social enterprise; 1 year as Account Director at fundraising agency, current Peace Corps volunteer + cohort leader in newly-created Peace Corps Peer Support Network.

Community and others: Varied volunteer work in college and prior (rotary club, trail-building, grassroots re-building after Hurricane Katrina, children’s literacy groups), 4 years as emergency department sexual assault/domestic violence advocate, Net Impact NYC volunteer consultant, 2 years as Peace Corps volunteer: developing programs/capacity of young social enterprise café + building tourism capacity and advertising heritage tour for small village.

Post MBA goals:
Short term: consult at top consulting firm with focus on social and public sector.
Long term: lead international social sector consulting at top firm.
Back-up plans include heading CSR at impactful companies, or entering nonprofit leadership.



Hi there,
Thanks for the insight into your current situation and background. I think Fuqua would appreciate your extensive non-profit experience and international experience, and it sounds like you have extensive community involvement as well, which is important to Fuqua and you can weave into your essays extensively especially if they keep the same questions next year on the app. It will be important to you to have a solid story as to the 'why' you need the MBA, especially given that you do have a lot of experience, and you want to show them that you know the program well and how it will help you. To your point-- GMAT is still a large unknown!! That can make a big impact, so as soon as it makes sense for your schedule I'd set aside 2-3 months of prep time, take a reputable course and/or work with a tutor, and set a date! Keep us posted, and if you'd like to speak further with one of our consultants in the future feel free to sign up for a consultation at www.mbamission.com/consult. Good luck!
_________________

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 2793
Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 17:44
cubsfan10 wrote:
Updating my post with a recent GMAT score:

Age: 27, South Asian, American

Undergrad: Top 10 Public School (Top 5 Undergraduate Business Program)

GPA: 3.7

Work:
-2 Years as a Financial Analyst in a Healthcare commericial/corporate banking group at one of the 4 largest commercial banks in the US. Performed financial analysis of investment grade healthcare systems and developed a strong understanding of the provider space
-3 Years as a Management Consultant for a small healthcare consulting firm.I worked on projects with national healthcare medicaid managed care organizations over 6-7 states so I gained a lot of experience on the payer space and experience with the medicaid/medicare space in a multiple number of states. I've gained experience leading my own work streams and my recommenders (Partner, Senior Manager) can speak to my leadership ability and my client interactions very well.

Other:
-In college, volunteered abroad with a public health organization
-Currently involved in a few volunteering organizations but about to start working with a high school mentorship program this fall

GMAT
-720 (48Q, 41V)

Goals for MBA:

-Healthcare. I'm passionate about the industry and I don't want to change industries. I want to leverage my experience in both the finance/provider and management consulting/payer space and move towards hospital/provider strategy. With that said, I'm targeting schools with strong placements/programs within healthcare.


Hi--
Sounds like you just got the GMAT (??), so congrats, nice solid score. You have a good basis to your profile, with solid GPA, work experience, and respectable GMAT. I don't know the full extent of your accomplishments, leadership, impact made etc within your career and resume, but if you have decent examples along those lines, and put together a strong application and recommendations, aiming to focus on what you'll BRING to Fuqua and what has shaped who you are today in your essays, and have a strong story for your post-MBA goals, I would be hopeful you would be considered. Of course there are no sure things and often it depends upon when you apply and who else is applying that year/timeframe and how the whole class shapes up as well. I don't think you mentioned when you would apply, but earlier rounds are preferred as long as your application is ready. Good luck and keep us posted, and be sure to research Fuqua well and show your passion for the program!!
_________________

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2017
Posts: 3
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 14:39
Background and nationality: US-born Indian

Undergrad Information: BS Chemical Engineering, GPA: 3.03

Graduate Information: MS Biomedical Engineering, JD Law

GMAT: 760 (Q48/V47/IR6/AWA6)

Work experience and leadership: 1.5 years engineering, 4 years patent attorney, 2 years chief innovation officer & general counsel of startup
Community and others: Event committee of alumni association and a non-profit. Founder and president of a student organization, treasurer of a couple of student organization, commissioner of basketball league.

Post MBA goals: Short term, join life sciences/healthcare technology group of consulting firm, leveraging experience in technology, healthcare, law and management to help healthcare technology companies bring innovative products to market. Long term, lead strategy at a large healthcare technology company to drive growth through innovation, acquisitions, and partnerships.

Anything else? 2-year research fellowship during undergrad, where I studied drug delivery systems. Masters thesis on minimally invasive treatments for low back pain. Interests including basketball, improv, rock climbing, and technology.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.52
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests
Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 04:50
Quote:
Hi--
Sounds like you just got the GMAT (??), so congrats, nice solid score. You have a good basis to your profile, with solid GPA, work experience, and respectable GMAT. I don't know the full extent of your accomplishments, leadership, impact made etc within your career and resume, but if you have decent examples along those lines, and put together a strong application and recommendations, aiming to focus on what you'll BRING to Fuqua and what has shaped who you are today in your essays, and have a strong story for your post-MBA goals, I would be hopeful you would be considered. Of course there are no sure things and often it depends upon when you apply and who else is applying that year/timeframe and how the whole class shapes up as well. I don't think you mentioned when you would apply, but earlier rounds are preferred as long as your application is ready. Good luck and keep us posted, and be sure to research Fuqua well and show your passion for the program!!


Thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback! I'm going to start studying soon.
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 2793
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 17:55
vb007 wrote:
Background and nationality: US-born Indian

Undergrad Information: BS Chemical Engineering, GPA: 3.03

Graduate Information: MS Biomedical Engineering, JD Law

GMAT: 760 (Q48/V47/IR6/AWA6)

Work experience and leadership: 1.5 years engineering, 4 years patent attorney, 2 years chief innovation officer & general counsel of startup
Community and others: Event committee of alumni association and a non-profit. Founder and president of a student organization, treasurer of a couple of student organization, commissioner of basketball league.

Post MBA goals: Short term, join life sciences/healthcare technology group of consulting firm, leveraging experience in technology, healthcare, law and management to help healthcare technology companies bring innovative products to market. Long term, lead strategy at a large healthcare technology company to drive growth through innovation, acquisitions, and partnerships.

Anything else? 2-year research fellowship during undergrad, where I studied drug delivery systems. Masters thesis on minimally invasive treatments for low back pain. Interests including basketball, improv, rock climbing, and technology.



First off congrats on a fab GMAT! :wave:

Now... you've done a LOT, to put it lightly..... you have a background that could be a double-edged sword... on one hand, you have so much to offer in terms of a broad perspective, with a background in many industries and areas of study. On the other hand.... it could appear that your path is scattered or indecisive or unclear, and if you are saying you already have 2 grad degrees (?) there could be eyebrows raised at the MBA as necessary for your next steps. I'm not saying you can't convince admissions of your plans and need for the degree, but that will be your biggest challenge and task for the admissions process ... certainly your GMAT is a big plus at Fuqua. So the challenge will be telling your story in a cohesive way in the essays/interview and ensuring that you are clear on how and why the MBA is the right next step. Good luck to you!
_________________

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 1342
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 11:04
rajdavezz99 wrote:
Hi,
Hi @rajdavezz99, here are some thoughts on your profile below
Here are a few specifics of my profile

Nationality: Indian
Gender: Male
Age: 25

GMAT: 750 (Q50, V42, AWA 6, IR 8) The GMAT will help you get a look but is not a guarantee. Still, great job here!
GPA: 3.03 (7.58 out of 10) I see this as more neutral but if this is first class which it looks to be that is good
Undergraduate degree: Engineering

Work Experience: 3 years till now (4 years by the time I enroll) in Consulting. pretty good- in the strike zone for what is good to have. So far... lots to like...
I work at a US-based leading consulting firm in Sales and Marketing, and predominantly working with US and EU-based Healthcare companies
Promotions: 1
Leading a team of: 1
Short-term international experience: Spain and Germany (2 weeks), US (2.5 weeks)

Short-term goal: Work as a Brand Manager in the Healthcare Fuqua really strong here with HSM program
Long-term goal: Lead the Healthcare and Life Sciences division of a company with global outreach

ECs: Initiated programs with Finance and HR teams (outside my scope of work)
Student Recruitment head during undergraduate education
Events head in college
Loads of MUN, Debate and Elocution experience

Reasons for applying to Fuqua: Strong healthcare program exactly! So I encourage you to really show Fuqua that you understand how good this program is. They have a boot camp pre MBA for HSM students and there are incredible learning and networking opportunities in that week. So talk to current students in this program- show them you have done your homework. I think if you handle your application well- you can be a strong candidate. We have some great experience and knowledge about Fuqua to help applicants put their best foot forward. We'd be happy to do a free consult at this link if you'd like to talk more about interviews, essays or just the application process!https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/admissions/business-school-admissions-consulting-gmat-club-visitor/

Please let me know!

_________________

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Image

BSchool Thread Master
avatar
S
Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 137
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.66
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 16:34
Background and Nationality: White, Male

Undergrad Information: Big Ten School, Finance & Accounting Degrees

GMAT: 730 (Q47, V42, IR 8, AWA 6)

Work Experience and Leadership: Four years in Financial Service Office at Big 4 firm (blend of accounting and consulting)--one of 4 lead associates on multi-million dollar project, Certified Public Accounting

Community and Others: Trekking and Mountaineering -- week long summits of Mt Kilimanjaro (2017), Machu Picchu (2016) and Mt. Rainier (2018), scuba diving, skiing, distance running

Post MBA Goals: Asset Management (majority of my clients served have been large, global asset managers)
Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 1342
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 14:45
sprinni wrote:
Background and Nationality: White, Male
@sprinni, thanks for your question. Let me answer below...
Undergrad Information: Big Ten School, Finance & Accounting Degrees

GMAT: 730 (Q47, V42, IR 8, AWA 6)
This is a good GMAT score and will get you a full look at Fuqua.
Work Experience and Leadership: Four years in Financial Service Office at Big 4 firm (blend of accounting and consulting)--one of 4 lead associates on multi-million dollar project, Certified Public Accounting
great background for b school and should serve you well.
Community and Others: Trekking and Mountaineering -- week long summits of Mt Kilimanjaro (2017), Machu Picchu (2016) and Mt. Rainier (2018), scuba diving, skiing, distance running
These are interesting- but don't really set you apart. Perhaps if you can think about the leadership lessons from the big summits that could stand out
Post MBA Goals: Asset Management (majority of my clients served have been large, global asset managers)

What I don't see here is the very clear why Fuqua so I'd emphasize that- and if you want asset management and you like NC I would encourage you to look at UNC Kenan-Flagler also as they have some great resources with their Capital Markets Lab to help too. To discuss your profile in more depth, please reach out to us for a free consult here: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
_________________

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Image

BSchool Thread Master
avatar
S
Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 137
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.66
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 19:21
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
sprinni wrote:
Background and Nationality: White, Male
@sprinni, thanks for your question. Let me answer below...
Undergrad Information: Big Ten School, Finance & Accounting Degrees

GMAT: 730 (Q47, V42, IR 8, AWA 6)
This is a good GMAT score and will get you a full look at Fuqua.
Work Experience and Leadership: Four years in Financial Service Office at Big 4 firm (blend of accounting and consulting)--one of 4 lead associates on multi-million dollar project, Certified Public Accounting
great background for b school and should serve you well.
Community and Others: Trekking and Mountaineering -- week long summits of Mt Kilimanjaro (2017), Machu Picchu (2016) and Mt. Rainier (2018), scuba diving, skiing, distance running
These are interesting- but don't really set you apart. Perhaps if you can think about the leadership lessons from the big summits that could stand out
Post MBA Goals: Asset Management (majority of my clients served have been large, global asset managers)

What I don't see here is the very clear why Fuqua so I'd emphasize that- and if you want asset management and you like NC I would encourage you to look at UNC Kenan-Flagler also as they have some great resources with their Capital Markets Lab to help too. To discuss your profile in more depth, please reach out to us for a free consult here: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/


Thanks for the note! I am confident I can draw out my experiences abroad in the Middle East as well as my 'Why Fuqua' in my application--apologies as I had left this summary somewhat brief.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.5
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 03:11
I plan to apply to Fuqua Round 2. I understand that I have a low GMAT but I think this is my best (already took it 4 times). I have a unique work experience in the Gaming industry.

1. GMAT 650 (Q45, V34 IR6)

2. 8 years of Work experience: 1.5 years in Investment banking, 4 years as a Gaming company founder (sold the company to a Dutch casino), 3 years as a Project Manager in the largest Game Art Development company in India, for titles like Disney)

3. Bachelor's in Commerce, MBA from India 2008

4. Karate - Self defence teacher for girls, Prevent child abuse fundraising, volunteer

5. Career goals - Tech consulting

Indian female 32 years old. My husband graduated from Fuqua in 2017 so I have an idea about the Fuqua culture. please let me know what you think about my candidacy.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Stratus Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 1342
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 10:17
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
diligent wrote:
I plan to apply to Fuqua Round 2. I understand that I have a low GMAT but I think this is my best (already took it 4 times). I have a unique work experience in the Gaming industry.

1. GMAT 650 (Q45, V34 IR6)

2. 8 years of Work experience: 1.5 years in Investment banking, 4 years as a Gaming company founder (sold the company to a Dutch casino), 3 years as a Project Manager in the largest Game Art Development company in India, for titles like Disney)
This is an interesting background- and I would emphasize what you learned from the gaming industry sale and also the cross-cultural experience of interacting with Dutch casino. Certainly stands out among the thousands of Indian profiles I have read- so develop this.
3. Bachelor's in Commerce, MBA from India 2008 The prior MBA is always a little sticky... you really have to explain why you need more education as in your case it is clear that your MBA prepared you to start a company.
This is where showing your knowledge of Fuqua and why this is a great next step for you is especially important in this case. I see your husband is a Fuqua MBA grad so that will be immensely helpful in reaching out through his network to learn more about Fuqua. If you are currently at a distance to Fuqua- and can't get back now- read this article for tips on how to engage from a distance: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... ram-india/


4. Karate - Self defence teacher for girls, Prevent child abuse fundraising, volunteer

5. Career goals - Tech consulting
I think leveraging your current Fuqua connections- and you really should be able to speak to understanding the culture of the school having lived through it as a spouse- all this will help. Honestly that 650 is the biggest blocker but with a strong overall application you may indeed have enough to get through. Best wishes to you.
If you'd like to reach out for a free consult to better understand how we can help your application be the best possible for you - and you really do need a home run application- you can connect with us at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Indian female 32 years old. My husband graduated from Fuqua in 2017 so I have an idea about the Fuqua culture. please let me know what you think about my candidacy.

_________________

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.5
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 13:03
StratusMBACounselor Thank you for the advice and encouraging words. You are right, I can't afford to make mistakes!
I will schedule a consultation with you through your website soon.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Location: Peru
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 10:06
Hi all, few details on my profile:

Background and Nationality: White Spaniard, Male. 31

Undergrad Information: MEng Civil Eng. Senior year abroad at the U.S. Master degree on renewable energy related topic.

GMAT: 650 (Q47, V33, IR 4, AWA 4)
TOEFL: 104 (R:29, L:30, S:22, W:23)

Work Experience and Leadership: 6 years of relevant work experience abroad on a boutique engineering firm focused on renewable energies: [3 years as Project engineer, 6 years as Project Manager]. 1 year of work experience at home country.

Community and Others: swimmer (national level), volunteer NGO abroad since 2014, president of internal recreational club at work.

Post MBA: ST: consulting (energy focus), LT: energy utility company (C-suite)

Thanks!
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 2793
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2017, 19:21
sprinni wrote:
Background and Nationality: White, Male

Undergrad Information: Big Ten School, Finance & Accounting Degrees

GMAT: 730 (Q47, V42, IR 8, AWA 6)

Work Experience and Leadership: Four years in Financial Service Office at Big 4 firm (blend of accounting and consulting)--one of 4 lead associates on multi-million dollar project, Certified Public Accounting

Community and Others: Trekking and Mountaineering -- week long summits of Mt Kilimanjaro (2017), Machu Picchu (2016) and Mt. Rainier (2018), scuba diving, skiing, distance running

Post MBA Goals: Asset Management (majority of my clients served have been large, global asset managers)


Hi there,
While you haven't shared your undergrad GPA unless I'm missing it, and I don't know if you have any community involvement especially since undergrad (??), you do have a lot of good elements to your profile you've shared here including GMAT and work experience, so hopefully if you execute well on your Fuqua application you would get considered. Check out our tips on Fuqua essays here, and let us know if we can help further!
https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2017/06 ... 2017-2018/
_________________

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 2793
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2017, 19:27
diligent wrote:
I plan to apply to Fuqua Round 2. I understand that I have a low GMAT but I think this is my best (already took it 4 times). I have a unique work experience in the Gaming industry.

1. GMAT 650 (Q45, V34 IR6)

2. 8 years of Work experience: 1.5 years in Investment banking, 4 years as a Gaming company founder (sold the company to a Dutch casino), 3 years as a Project Manager in the largest Game Art Development company in India, for titles like Disney)

3. Bachelor's in Commerce, MBA from India 2008

4. Karate - Self defence teacher for girls, Prevent child abuse fundraising, volunteer

5. Career goals - Tech consulting

Indian female 32 years old. My husband graduated from Fuqua in 2017 so I have an idea about the Fuqua culture. please let me know what you think about my candidacy.


Hi,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Certainly you should be well-positioned to answer Fuqua's second essay about getting involved and to make connections with Fuqua through the knowledge and perspective you gained as a Partner while your husband was there!

I see the following strengths thus far:

-memorable professional career and industry experience
-entrepreneurial experience
-community activities and passion

In terms of unknowns, I don't know much about your grades in university or the MBA. In terms of weaknesses, yes the GMAT could be higher. But given the effort you put in thus far it does sound like it's time to move on from that and focus on your apps, especially if you are applying now.

I would be hopeful that with strong applications and through showing how well you know the school and what you love about and why you feel it's now a good fit for you, you may be considered... BUT keep in mind that going for it as a 2nd MBA can be tough, so be sure to emphasize why you need this additional degree and the differences etc. Good luck! If you'd like further assistance, feel free to reach out for a free 30 minute consultation at any point at www.mbamission.com/consult, and/or post back here.
_________________

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2017, 19:27

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 108 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.