GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 23:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2018, 12:19
Hi - I'd like to apply to a top EMBA program on the West Coast my top school is probably Haas ( I would go for free because of my GI Bill

Demographics: Black, Male
Undergraduate Majors: Business (biology minor) University of Illinois
GPA: 3.92
Graduate degrees: JD, Harvard Law School; MA, U. of Oklahoma, Human Relations (4.0 GPA)
Work Experience: 6 years as an Army officer (bronze star), 2 years at top law firm, 2 years as Program Manager at Exxon, 2 years as a Senior Program Manager at Amazon Hope to get promoted to Principal PM this year.
EA: 156 - Q10, V13, IR13
Extracurriculars:
- Sit on the board of directors for a veteran's Charity
- I do some limited legal consulting in niche field
- Work closely with a major charity in Seattle focused on homeless families esp. immigrants (helped raise nearly 65K in two years)

Goal is to stay in the tech space and become a director/VP within the next decade either with my current company or one of the other big tech companies. Looking for expanded knowledge of management theories as well as a great network. My Harvard network is great but most of them are on the East Coast and are concentrated in finance and law.

Should I retake the Executive assessment? I think I could raise my score to 160+ (my two practice tests were 158 and 160). I'd like to apply during R1.
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2018, 12:35
If you feel that you can get a higher score and it won't take a Herculean effort to get there, why leave any money on the table. Is there something about Haas with regards to the GI bill or does that apply to any program? I would definitely investigate Wharton San Francisco as well, backup programs in SoCal Ross and UCLA

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2018, 16:24
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
If you feel that you can get a higher score and it won't take a Herculean effort to get there, why leave any money on the table. Is there something about Haas with regards to the GI bill or does that apply to any program?

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I'm just not sure it's necessary. I feel like I have a fairly strong application. I wish there was more information on what scores are good. I heard that people got into CBS with 154s and that 150 was a god score but I'm just not sure.

As for Haas it's free because it is a public school unlike Wharton where I'd be 100K in debt even after the GI Bill.
Profile Evaluation &nbs [#permalink] 10 Aug 2018, 16:24

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap