GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2019, 04:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

PROFILE EVALUATION

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
PROFILE EVALUATION  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 02:40
ACADEMICS:
STD X (ICSE BOARD)-74%
STD XII(MATH SCIENCE-STATE BOARD)-60%
Two year break in studies as father got paralyzed and mummy is a psychiatric patient suffering from Schizophrenia
Engineering- ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY CHENNAI (TOP 5 STATE COLLEGE)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1ST-EMPLOYER- JOINED BPO INDUSTRY WORKING FOR WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES(INDIA'S 3RD LARGEST IT FIRM AND MULTINATIONAL COMPANY) FOR 6 MONTHS (NATURE OF JOB: TELE-CALLER : RESOLUTION OF ISSUE OF TELECOM SERVICE FOR UK PEOPLE)
LEFT THE JOB IN PURSUIT OF BETTER JOB OPPORTUNITIES TO ADVANCE CARRIER PROGRESSION
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2ND EMPLOYER- MAHENDRA EDUCATION PRIVATE LIMITED( ASSISTANT MANAGER: NATURE OF JOB:TEACHING AND DEVELOPMENT OF CONTENT OF QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE SECTION FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION)
I WAS ADJUDGED BEST MATH FACULTY IN INDIA ACROSS 120 BRANCHES IN YEAR 2015.
WORKED FOR 2 YEARS ; IN MEAN TIME I WAS ALSO PREPARING FOR BANKING AND FINANCE EXAM WHICH WOULD GIVE ME BETTER PERKS AND STABILITY AND GUESS WHAT ? I DID CRACK ONE OF THE MOST COMPETITIVE EXAM IN INDIA TO MOVE AHEAD IN THE CARRIER PROGRESSION TO JOIN BANKING AND FINANCE SECTOR.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3RD EMPLOYER- BANK OF INDIA (PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKING 4TH LARGEST BANK IN INDIA,DESIGNATION:CLERK(NATURE OF JOB: CLERICAL AND FINANCE WORK)
WORKED FOR 1.5 YEARS.
I DID NOT STOP HERE,I WAS STILL TRYING TO REACH GREATER HEIGHTS AND CHALLENGE MY IQ AND POTENTIAL IN BANKING AND FINANCE SECTOR AND EVENTUALLY AFTER A DEDICATION AND HARD WORK OF 1.5 YEARS.I ACCOMPLISHED THE FEAT OF CRACKING INDIA'S 3RD TOUGHEST AND MOST COMPETITIVE EXAM AND JOINED INDIA'S LARGEST WORLD'S 45TH LARGEST BANK I.E [STATE BANK OF INDIA]
NOTE: IN THE PURSUIT OF CHALLENGING MY POTENTIAL I HAD CRACKED 3 TOUGHEST EXAM IN THE YEAR 2017 , THIS FEAT IS QUITE RARE AS IT IS CONSIDERED EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO CRACK 3 MOST COMPETITIVE EXAMS IN A SINGLE YEAR FOR ANY INDIAN NATIONAL.

1ST. STATE BANK OF INDIA[OFFICER EXAM]-------------->[FIGHT FOR 500 SEATS AMONG 50 LAC CANDIDATES]

2ND. BANK OF INDIA[OFFICER EXAM]---------------------->[FIGHT FOR 3500 SEATS AMONG 30 LAC CANDIDATES]

3RD. INDIAN RAILWAYS[INDIA'S LARGEST EMPLOYER ]-------------->THIS IS SPECIAL [FIGHT FOR 5000 SEATS AMONG THE TOTAL APPEARED CANDIDATES OF 1.20 CRORE CANDIDATES]

AFTER HAVING OFFERS FROM ALL THREE EMPLOYERS , I DECIDED FINALLY TO JOIN STATE BANK OF INDIA [FORTUNE 500 COMPANIES RANKED AT 216]
THE DECISION WAS NOT EASY BUT I WAS VERY CLEAR THAT I WANTED TO MAKE BIG IN BANKING AND FINANCE SECTOR,WITH THIS VISION AND AIM, I JOINED INDIA'S LARGEST PUBLIC SECTOR BANK.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(CURRENTLY WORKING WITH) STATE BANK OF INDIA, INDIA'S LARGEST BANK AND WORLD'S 45TH LARGEST BANK AND THE ONLY FORTUNE GLOBAL 500 COMPANY IN INDIA RANKED AT 216.

I AM WORKING AS AN ASSISTANT MANAGER NATURE OF JOB( MANAGERIAL,CONTROLLER ,SUPERVISORY AND GENERAL MANAGEMENT OF DAY TO DAY WORKING OF STATE BANK OF INDIA BRANCH HEADING A TEAM OF 5 STAFF IN BRANCH AND IS DEPUTED AS A BRANCH MANAGER

WORK EXPERIENCE OF 1.5 YEARS IN CURRENT JOB

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
SUMMARY
GMAT SCORE:760
GRADUATION CGPA:7.9/10
TOTAL WORK EXPERIENCE-5.5(DIVERSIFIED IN FIELDS OF IT,EDUCATION AND BANKING.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I WANT TO MAKE A CUT IN THE ELITE GROUP OF TOP 20 B SCHOOL WHICH OFFERS THE BEST MBA COURSE IN THE FIELD FINANCE AND BANKING.
MY DREAM IS TO WORK FOR GOVERNMENT OF INDIA IN AN ADVISORY BOARD SO THAT I MAY TAKE DECISION WITH AUTHORITY AND POWER TO BRING POSITIVE CHANGE IN THE LIVES OF 100 BILLION PEOPLE.
COULD YOU SUGGEST TOP 10 BUSINESS SCHOOL IN THE FIELD OF FINANCE IN THIS REGARD WHICH I CAN CONSIDER WITHIN MY REACH TO APPLY FOR
Thanking You !!!
Sudhanshu Singh.
Attachments

Finalize Resume - My Perfect Resume.pdf [212.27 KiB]
Downloaded 9 times

To download please login or register as a user

Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: PROFILE EVALUATION  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 11:12
Hi sudhanshubanty,

Thank you for your post and for sharing all of this detail. On the positive side, I think that your GMAT score could potentially give you a chance within certain parts of the top 20. On the more challenging side, you are going to be on the higher (or in many cases highest) end of the age range for U.S. programs (a little less so for European programs). The personal situations that you've described may help explain the delayed full-time MBA pursuit, so that can help, and I do think it will be worth offering some commentary around that in your applications (e.g., in an Optional Essay... or perhaps if those family occurrences were transformative enough, the topics could come up in one of your main essays as well). I am sorry to hear about the incidents and hope that everyone is doing okay all things considered.

Beyond all of that, much of this is going to key in on application execution for you -- that encompasses essentially everything, so your story, your very specific career goals, your "why MBA," your deep knowledge of each program to which your applying (both their offerings and culture), your fit, the unique and specific contributions that you believe you can make, how who you are and what you've done to this point -- plus an MBA from such-and-such a specific program -- uniquely enables your goals, your recommendations, and so on and so forth. Given what you've written, I don't love the notion of wanting to pursue a top 20 MBA in order to then work for the Government of India. That may be part of your longer-term goals, and there may be a public sector or social impact element to your goals, but I think it presents more than a bit of incoherence if you're trying to make a deep and specific case for pursuing an MBA (presumably in the U.S. or Europe if you're talking top 20) with a focus on finance and banking. I would definitely work on that.

And remember, Indian applicants with a 760 GMAT still only have around a 16% acceptance rate across the entire top 20 (in the U.S., for example). So having a chance in certain parts of the top 20 is still very hard, and doing an excellent job with the aforementioned components of your applications is therefore still essential. I've included a series of links below that I believe will further help in grounding your understanding of the admissions landscape (first two links), as well as elaborating on the details of the specific application components that I referenced above (third link). Beyond all of that, I think it would be most fruitful and beneficial to connect for a Free Consultation. So please feel free to sign up at your earliest convenience via this link: https://www.avantiprep.com/free-consultation.html

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-admissio ... 39142.html

https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-indian-m ... 56968.html

https://www.avantiprep.com/blog/the-mos ... on-process

Best Regards,
Greg

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: PROFILE EVALUATION   [#permalink] 19 Apr 2019, 11:12

PROFILE EVALUATION

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep