GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Aug 2019, 23:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 06:34
Hey Kindly evaluate my profile. I am looking for consultants to guide and help me through the application process

Education:
Indian Male
Qualification - Chartered Accountant .
(passed 1st attempt)
College - B.Com - HR, Mumbai
School - Lawrence , Lovedale

Work ex-
Ernest and young , Mumbai ,
audit for 2 years
(Got 2 promotions during that)

Purnartha , Pune -
Equity research Analyst - 1 year
Worked closely with the senior leadership team

RKS Motor / Saboo Autozone
>3 years
Family business - Automobile Dealers for Maruti Suzuki and Ashok Leyland .
Team of over 1500 in group companies

Post MBA goal is to grow my family business into a larger conglomerate.
I like finance and want to explore private equity too.

Co Curricular:
Worked with an NGO providing education to over 500 kids
worked with another NGO providing patients subsidized Dialysis
Played in the school football team

Gmat - Targeting a score of 740+

Aiming for top 10 B schools
Target schools (to name a few) -

NYU
MIT
LBS
Booth
Columbia
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2019, 08:12
Hi tanaysaboo,

Thank you for your post. This is a little tough to pinpoint without knowing where your GMAT score is going to land, but 740+ is a good baseline target. Given how crowded and competitive the Indian male applicant pool is, some rules of thumb you'll commonly see and hear around these forums and elsewhere are to try to target a score that is 30 or 40 points above the average for the schools that you're interested in -- or, at the very very least, target 740+ as a de facto minimum if you want to entertain T15 type programs. (A 740 doesn't win you any brownie points, and it certainly doesn't punch your ticket in, but it does allow the rest of your application, story, essays, etc. to do more of the talking.)

Even if you were able to do well on the GMAT (740+), your proposed application strategy would remain rather aggressive and top-heavy. According one GMAT Club study (link below), Indian applicants with a 740 GMAT still have only an 11% admissions rate across the entirety of the U.S. T20. That rate is naturally going to be even lower when you're dealing with schools toward the top end of that range. Moreover, applicants (particularly those from super crowded applicant pools) who are able to break through at super-elite programs are often coming by way of blue-chip pre-MBA jobs, with blue-chip community or leadership activities.

Long story short, you should definitely focus on maximizing your GMAT score, as that will help inform your school strategy. As noted above, even if your score is strong, I would strongly encourage you to diversify your strategy, as most of the schools you've listed are among the most difficult to get into in the world. I've included a couple of links below that I'd encourage you to read in order to deepen your understanding of the admissions landscape. If you have any questions or I can be of any future assistance, please feel free to email me at greg@avantiprep.com or sign up for a Free Consultation here: https://www.avantiprep.com/free-consultation.html

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-admissio ... 39142.html

https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-indian-m ... 56968.html

Best Regards,
Greg

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2019, 09:49
Best wishes bro..

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: profile evaluation   [#permalink] 24 Jul 2019, 09:49

profile evaluation