Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:48 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't really see many safety in your school list... :lol:

One note on your LORs. From what I understand, it is best to get at least 2 recommenders, if not all, who are in academia. From the ad comm's perspective, they rely on your recommenders comment to testify whether you will make a good student and researcher. Hence the recommenders need to have interacted with many other students to draw conclusion on you. I'm not sure if the comments from the post-doc research fellow and the entrepreneur will be weighted heavily by the ad comm.

In case you do not know, I am applying for Fall 2007 intake too. So all these comments are not from my own success story, but from what I have gathered over the last 1.5 years.

Best wishes to both of us. haha..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
All my reccomenders have interacted with many students, they lecture in many courses (MBA ones too) and support many students in writing their final dissertation (in Italy such final thesis is very important to determine the final GPA). On the contrary, they didn't published a lot of papers on international journals.

Would you mind to give me a piece of advice about a couple of safety schools, please?

Hope to meet you in an ultra-elite school in fall 2007 :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am not familar with the field of finance hence I'm not in a good position to suggest any safety schools. One more thought on safety schools - make sure these are schools that you would go to if they are the only ones that accepted you. Don't waste your time, effort and money in applying to schools that you won't go to.

I am applying to 2 of the schools in your list - hope to see you at one of them.

Originally posted by tkkoh on 09 Aug 2006, 17:46.
Last edited by tkkoh on 14 Aug 2006, 04:34, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
tkkoh wrote:
I am familar with the field of finance hence I'm not in a good position to suggest any safety schools. One more thought on safety schools - make sure these are schools that you would go to if they are the only ones that accepted you. Don't waste your time, effort and money in applying to schools that you won't go to.

I am applying to 2 of the schools in your list - hope to see you at one of them.

Can u pls tell me what are the safety schools u have in mind? I am trying to find 1-2 of these schools, on the East Coast, as close to a city as possible...
Thank u.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
sorry, i meant I am not familar with the field of finance.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4383 posts