Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.29
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [1]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.29
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation 740 6 yr Engg. workex Indian male [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thanks for the huge compliment!

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

cquote="PaulLanzillotti wrote:
Hey aniketaj,

Thanks for reaching out to me. here are my answers to your questions.

1 – the online diplomas and certifications that you pursued are not going to affect you negatively. These experiences are in no significant way comparable to the experiential education and relationships that you will build through a top MBA. In fact, you could spin your diplomas and certifications as necessary for you to be successful in your current roles. It is this success that has brought about greater self-awareness and solidified your goals. now you are ready for a more formal experience that will bridge the gaps you still have in your skill set – of course this requires an MBA.

2 – I think you are getting caught up in the nuances of "entrepreneurism". As you know there is not one set definition of entrepreneurial experience. Consider this - is working at your own startup and by yourself inherently better than creating a new business unit within a larger corporation? I would say no for a number of reasons. Creating change in a corporate environment is extremely hard, especially if you are a younger employee and do not hold a senior title. if you can pull off significant lasting change, that is impressive, especially if it is backed up in your recommendations. Executing change it your own small company you started could be viewed as much easier. You hold all the cards and call all the shots, especially on a small team or no team at all. Also, it is my belief that individual startups are viewed with less credibility by the admissions committee, especially at there is no significant revenue or years in business. Put another way, anyone can say they started the business and that they are an entrepreneur.

3 – Based on the limited amount of information I have about you, I do not see anything that overtly tells me you would be competitive at Stanford. I do think that you could be competitive at Wharton. You definitely have the international business background, and I would need to tease out little bit more about how your individual stories could fit into what Wharton asks of you in their essays. This would be reserved for another discussion – if you are interested in holding an initial consultation with any of our consultants, just e-mail me at MBA@amerasiaconsulting.com.

4 - you should focus your school search on programs that specialize in operations. But to be honest with you, almost any reputable MBA program will have significant strength in the operations part of their curriculum. Programs like Purdue may be especially known for their operations oriented MBA, so definitely apply there. But also consider programs like MIT Sloan.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

Posted from my mobile device
[/quote]

Thanks a lot Paul. This is probably the best advice I have got so far. I will surely be interested in the initial consultation. I will revert within a day or two.

Thanks once again !

Regards,

aniket AJ[/quote]
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation 740 6 yr Engg. workex Indian male [#permalink]