GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 20:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation and corresponding B-school suggestions

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Profile evaluation and corresponding B-school suggestions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2019, 09:34
Please evaluate my profile:

I am an Indian male working in the IT industry (I know!)

Educational Background
B.tech (Mechanical Engineering) from a tier-2 college - 7.84/10 or 70.9% (Tried finding a way to convert it to GPA but, gave up in the end due to a lot of different formulas and different tables available)
12th standard - 70.33%
10th standard - 9.4/10 or 89.30%

Work Experience
34 months in Infosys - Indian IT major
Current designation - Senior Systems Engineer(Might get a promotion in the next quarter)
I am an SAP PI consultant/SAP UI developer with experience working with the new agile methodology, which is currently being swiftly adopted across different projects. I have also worked for 10 months on SAP ABAP.

Extra-Curriculars
Was chosen to be a part of the Self-governance team, during the training period at Infosys after undergoing a selection process(A total of 10 people were chosen out of a batch of 450)
Was a part of an NGO for a couple of years. The NGO was dedicated to uplifting the unfortunate strata of the society, especially orphan children, by providing them with free education and a place to stay
Was part of the organizing team for a number of fests(even a national level fest) during the college years

I have been getting consistent scores of 730+(max 770 till now) in the GMAT mocks and plan to give the exam by the end of July'19. I know my profile has nothing to woo the college committees so I am not even targeting the top colleges.

Please suggest some colleges that can be a good match for me in Europe, Asia, Canada and Australia with this profile. (Don't wanna go to the US)
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Profile evaluation and corresponding B-school suggestions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 12:37
Hi Amoghzz,

Thank you for your post. In order to opine on schools and related school strategy, I would, among other things, need to know more about your post-MBA goals. There are also a ton of other factors and preferences that go into choosing the right school, such as location, class size, teaching method, duration of program, culture of school, the companies that recruit there, and much much more. When working with clients, school selection and school strategy require deep thought and deep discussion about all of these factors. So when presented with the possibility of pursuing an MBA in a couple of different countries and continents (and absent the information described above), it is a bit tough to offer you targeted thoughts. It would also be very helpful to know where your GMAT score lands.

At present, your geographic considerations are really wide, so I'd first encourage you to think about where you might hope to end up post-MBA from a country, industry, and company perspective. That will help you narrow the potential "country consideration" field. From there, you can begin to research schools in context of the preference categories that I've described above, and in context of your GMAT score once you have it.

If you would like formal assistance with your school selection process and strategy -- and anything else related to developing your story, essays, resume, applications, etc. -- please feel free to email me at greg@avantiprep.com. I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming GMAT exam and all next steps!

Best Regards,
Greg

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation and corresponding B-school suggestions   [#permalink] 10 Jul 2019, 12:37

Profile evaluation and corresponding B-school suggestions

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep