Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Engineer + PGDBM (HR ) [#permalink]
Want to settle in any of good US / UK / Asian Cities.
Send PM
What you wrote isn't particularly constructive or helpful.

It's like going into a grocery store that is stocked with all kinds of beverages, and telling the clerk that you're thirsty. The clerk asks you what you prefer to drink. And your response is that you like carbonated, non-carbonated, and bottled water so long as it's good. Which encompasses every drink in the store.

I ask for regional preferences because that heavily dictates what schools you should be targeting. If you're hoping to work in the US, you should target US schools. If you're looking to work in Europe, then European schools should be your focus. If you're looking to work in Asia, then it should be local Asian schools primarily or top US/Euro schools.

And "General Management/Strategic Management" isn't a job or company. It's an abstract concept. I ask for this because the kinds of jobs you want and the companies you're targeting also heavily dictate which schools you should target. If you're looking to work on Wall Street, then it's a specific set of schools you should be going for. If you're looking to work in finance in London, then that will dictate a certain set of schools. If you're looking to work in rotational programs in Europe, then that will dictate what schools to look for.

I've given you some pointers here that should allow you to fish yourself (rather than me doing the fishing for you) -- and from there you should be able to narrow down the list of schools for yourself.

And if you really don't have any preferences other than "get me a job so long as it's a good job in a good city" then no one can really suggest anything to you -- you might as well throw darts onto a list of schools and choose at random.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Alex ,

Would you answer a quick question for me pls ?

Do you think it is worth applying to Booth R3 ? Or they usually fill class through R1 and R2 ? Or would I have more chances at London BS , because its lower ranked and has a 4th Round.
Profile below if you need.

Thanks much

25 M/From Azerbaijan/ First time applying to BP/ No one else is applying from my workplace

Graduated with honours from Azerbaijan Oil Academy, petroleum engineering, 4.9 GPA / on 5.0 scale
700 GMAT , 76Q/89V.

Working in BP as Drilling engineer since 2006 , have spent 1 year working on offshore platform. Has an excellent recommendation from employer where he mentions my contribution which has saved BP $100.000

Cofounder of local Non Profit organization which conducts lectures , seminars for local students majored in engineering.

Semi professional football player, striker of my Cambridge college's graduate team.

Currently I am studying 1 year economics program at the University of Cambridge, UK. This is a special Diploma program for students with liitle or no economics at undergrad level. This should provide a smoother transition for me from petroleum engineering to MBA.

My goal is go for consulting job after graduation, so looking for management schools.
One important thing to mention, if this can be of any help: if I get an acceptance into one of those schools I will guarrantee a full scholarship from Azerbaijani government.
Send PM
Based on your profile alone, you should be competitive for schools like Booth, Columbia, LBS, etc. assuming you applied in Rounds 1 or 2 (or Columbia's case - Early Decision).

Round 3 at Booth is simply a matter of numbers - most of the seats will have been filled with R1/R2 applicants, and it has less to do with how strong you are as an applicant; luck has a bigger role to play in R3. Same with LBS in Round 3 and 4 (like NYU and Berkeley, it's more competitive to get into than its reputation/ranking may suggest simply because it's located in a major business center that will attract a lot of highly accomplished "locals").

As for whether you should apply or not for Round 3 is a personal decision. If you are willing to spend the time to put in a great application with the expectation that it's going to be a crapshoot, then go for it. You can always reapply the following year as well - but since there's practically no real lapse of time between Round 3 decisions and the start of Round 1 (you get your Round 3 decisions in May or so, and Round 1 starts up again in June/July) - you may want to wait until Round 1 if you can (that would be my recommendation - not to mention the fact that at any US school, you may not get approved for a US immigration visa in time for the start of classes if you apply for Round 3).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AlexMBAApply wrote:
Based on your profile alone, you should be competitive for schools like Booth, Columbia, LBS, etc. assuming you applied in Rounds 1 or 2 (or Columbia's case - Early Decision).

Alex, thanks for a reply. I have applied for Stanford and HBS, but didnt have much time to write application for other schools in R2. Since those 2 schools are highly competitive I am looking for others where I could have more chances at R3.
Nice thing about Columbia is that its on rolling bases and am planning to submit app. in couple of days. So, I assume theres no point applying to Booth R3 and I'd rather try LBS.
I have been in UK (Cambridge) for 4months now and I truly like community here.
Btw LBS has a fourth round, does that mean that they're not filling the class through first 3 rounds ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Alex,

Thank you for the feedback. Sorry for the delayed response.

I am targetting at FMCG / Manufacturing sector. Target companies: Unilever, HP,GE.

I wish to persue my career either in European states or in United States.

I want to see myself as a consultant once I graduate from the school.

Hope, this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

N.Ravitej.
GMAT Club Bot