It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 09:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Fall 2010

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Fall 2010 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2009, 12:08
Hello,

Citizenship: India, Permanent Resident of the US
Work experience:
After graduating school, I did fund accounting for two and half years for Fidelity investments.
Currently, a performance analyst for an investment management firm.
GMAT score: 700
GPA: 2.85, Finance major
I did a study abroad program while in college, which included doing an internship at a charity in London. I have had internships all through school and college, and worked while in college.
Extra curricular: Was involved in some clubs while in undergrad, have done some volunteer work here and there since. But have not been heavily involved.

I am really confused with the type of schools I will be a good applicant for and would truly appreciate your help. I am interested in BU, BC and Ivey (Canada). Thank you!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
B
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC

Kudos [?]: 184 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Fall 2010 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2009, 11:21
nema,

Your GMAT score is a good one, and it helps to offset your weak GPA. The fact that you are female also helps you. Your professional profile seems to be good, but I will assume you don't have much formal leadership at work. This is where your extracurriculars could help you, so this would be a weakness for you. All told, I think you aim somewhat higher than the three programs you mentioned, which you should be competitive at. Assuming your post-MBA goals are in finance, consider the following highly ranked finance schools: Rochester, Indiana, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, perhaps CMU, maybe even higher depending on the strength of your personal story.

Good luck,

Kudos [?]: 184 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Fall 2010   [#permalink] 09 Oct 2009, 11:21

Profile Evaluation Fall 2010

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap