It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 23:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 12:04
Hi Zubin,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

I am an ISB alum, C014 and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys since.

Below is my take on your profile :
Academics : Above Average (CA is always a bonus)
Work Experience : Competent
Extra Curricular : Average

From the first impression, it seems that you have all the elements that ISB looks for in an ideal candidate. The CA tag adds the flavor of diversity also. Having said that, it is very important that you get a score in excess of 680 to get a realistic shot at the interview.

The firms you have worked for all big names and hence this will add to your candidature. However, you will need to showcase a logical transition from Corporate Finance to Risk Consulting to Accounting. Apart from demonstrating some kind of correlation between these roles you will also need to showcase how these experiences when complemented with a MBA will get you into investment banking / Corporate Strategy. Also, since I don’t see a lot of team leading, people management experiences in your career, you will need to portray leadership through your experience of interacting with stakeholders based out of multiple geographies.

All in all, you have a very decent chance of getting into ISB as well as other financed B schools (Stern, CBS, HKUST) provided you hit the 700 figure.
Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +arijit_biswas89 (Skype) in case you want a detailed discussion.

Cheers
Arijit

Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 23:36
RajatSinghR wrote:
Apphelp wrote:
RajatSinghR wrote:
Hi All,

I recently gave GMAT after 1 and a half month of prep and scored 700. This was my first attempt, and I relied mostly on OG only (No test series, etc). Now, there are two things I need help with: Overall Profile Evaluation and If I should try for a higher score.

Hi AppHelp,

Kindly advise a good time to discuss.

Regards,
Rajat

Hi RajatSinghR,

You can email us anytime at info@apphelp.co.in or call us at 9871354580 for a detailed discussion.

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 14

Schools: IIMA PGPX"18
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 09:55
Hi
Help me in evaluating my profile

10th: 95%
12th: 90.2%
Grad from NIT Trichy (Tier-1 Engg Institute India): 75.2%
GMAT: 730 (Q51 V37)

Work ex: With a leading Engineering Consultant for 2 years
Leadership: Head of College Cultural Festival, Leadership roles in TM
Voluntary services: Helped Set up an NGO in my Undergrad tenure and devised a self sufficient business model for the same.

Planning for EEO at ISB

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 14

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 12:40
Hi,

Kindly evaluate my profile:

10th : 92%
12th : 88%
B.E. in Electronics & Communication (from Tier-2 college), CGPA: 7.97
Work Exp: Business Analytics & Predictive Modeling , 3 years
GMAT: 700
Extracurricular: Played U-16 Badminton State Level, Regularly play at Intra-firm level too
Community involvement: Involved with a Human Rights NGO since last 3 years, Also serve as co-editor of their monthly magazine
Professional Achievements: 2 fast track promotions in 3 years

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 239 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 13:49
golumolu wrote:
Hi,

Extracurricular: Played U-16 Badminton State Level, Regularly play at Intra-firm level too
Community involvement: Involved with a Human Rights NGO since last 3 years, Also serve as co-editor of their monthly magazine

Thanks!

Hi there,

You have a lot of solid ingredients based upon this super quick profile blurb... grades look decent, GMAT ok, some community and EC and promotions.... so nothing ruling you out of consideration for ISB thus far, but a lot will depend upon what is not mentioned here... what have you accomplished at work? How/where have you shown leadership? Have you made an impact and stepped up and taken initiative? What will your recommenders say about you? What are your goals and reasons for the MBA? Etc. If all of that plays out well then you could be considered, but it's obviously a competitive process. Good luck and keep us posted!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Kudos [?]: 239 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 14:20
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello,

I will be giving GMAT in the coming Month, and I understand the higher the score is, the higher is the probability of making it to ISB. Yet, I would request you to kindly evaluate my profile and suggest, what would be a minimum score requirement for my profile?

10th : 85% CBSE
12th : 73.5% (Phy, Chem, Maths & Bio)
Grad : Fulltime - B.Sc. (Hons) Biochemistry, Ist Division, Delhi University
Post Grad : Distance Mode - M.Sc. Biotechnology
Work Exp : 3 years at the Confederation of Indian Industry, worked on 'Science, Technology, Innovation & Higher Education' Sector. Handled projects & initiatives with government, industry & academia.
Extracurricular :
President, Student's Union, Institute of Home Economics, Delhi University
General Secretary, Student's Union, Institute of Home Economics, Delhi University
President, Student's Cabinet, Ryan International School, Noida
Have participated and have been actively involved in Debating, Mock Parliaments (MUN), Theatre, Dance, and Sports.

Look forward to your revert.
Thank you so much :)

Karnika Bansal

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2017, 10:56
giridharravi2609 wrote:
Hi

Voluntary services: Helped Set up an NGO in my Undergrad tenure and devised a self sufficient business model for the same.

Planning for EEO at ISB

Hi,

If you already have two years experience before 31st March of the matriculating year, then you will not be eligible for early entry option, but the regular intake. Your GMAt score and other acads are good. But I lack understanding of your work experience and the impact you have made. Do elaborate on that .

Also, what are your career goals?

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2017, 11:00
golumolu wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

Hi GoluMolu,

I will go with the assumption that you have some good achievements at work to have earned those promotions. Your statistical information looks good, although the application outcome will depend upon how strong a package are you able to submit. This includes info on your resume, essays, specifically your career goals and the reco.

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2017, 11:05
karnikabansal wrote:
Hello,

I will be giving GMAT in the coming Month, and I understand the higher the score is, the higher is the probability of making it to ISB. Yet, I would request you to kindly evaluate my profile and suggest, what would be a minimum score requirement for my profile?

10th : 85% CBSE
12th : 73.5% (Phy, Chem, Maths & Bio)
Grad : Fulltime - B.Sc. (Hons) Biochemistry, Ist Division, Delhi University
Post Grad : Distance Mode - M.Sc. Biotechnology
Work Exp : 3 years at the Confederation of Indian Industry, worked on 'Science, Technology, Innovation & Higher Education' Sector. Handled projects & initiatives with government, industry & academia.
Extracurricular :
President, Student's Union, Institute of Home Economics, Delhi University
General Secretary, Student's Union, Institute of Home Economics, Delhi University
President, Student's Cabinet, Ryan International School, Noida
Have participated and have been actively involved in Debating, Mock Parliaments (MUN), Theatre, Dance, and Sports.

Look forward to your revert.
Thank you so much :)

Karnika Bansal

Hi Karnika,

I like your work experience because its differentiated. Do elaborate on what you did for CII, what were your achievements and impact created? I'd need this information to know specifically about your profile, but in general I'd assume that it would be logical for you to connect this work experience to aspirational career goals.

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Profile Assesment [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2017, 11:24
Hi All,

My Scores are as follow:

10th :- 90.43
12th :- 87.2
Btech (Mech Engineering) :- 7.18/10
GMAT :- 720 (AWA :- 4 Will this have an impact)

I have 3 years experience (9 months L&T and 25 months in Logistics Start-up Whereby I have been involved in numerous projects (Operations and Engineering)

I am thinking of trying for ISB, NUS and Insead. Please suggest Whether i should be looking for other schools too and my chances in these schools.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2017, 00:53
Hi

I'm confused about whether I should apply for R1 (looking at forums better chances) or R2 (more comfortable, also chance of promotion )
Have been preparing and yet to take GMAT
Kindly review my profile , target score & suggest for R1 & R2

Education
10th : 83% CBSE
12th : 82% CBSE
B.Tech in Information Technology GGSIPU Delhi - 71.1%

Work Experience

2 years 8 months - Top IT MNC
International travel work experience

Worked with international clients from various industries ( Labour - Employment, Postal & Travel ) gaining insights and industry knowledge

Job Overview :

Took up hybrid roles in diverse technologies & methodologies to deliver client solutions.

Directly engaged with client for multimillion-dollar project delivery

Work Achievements:
-Excellence award in Delivery for meeting deadlines and quality

Co curricular:
Published research paper in international journal

Extra curricular:
Basketball team
Represented Company, College, School ( Zonal ) in various competitions & won 1st position

Was awarded 2nd prize in RedBull racing competition held at IIT Delhi

Help organize major event with OML

Worked as a content writer & developed an online magazine during college

Community Service:

Visits to orphanages on individual front & participated in CSR activities hosted by employer

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2017, 03:11
giridharravi2609 wrote:
Hi

Planning for EEO at ISB

Hi @giridharravi260,

With 2 years of work-experience you would not be eligible for EEO. Our first request is to calculate your total work-experience till 31st March 2017. This is what ISB would consider while evaluating your application.

With respect to the profile, academically you've done well. A good GMAT score as well. Extracurriculars are good too, we hope you have continued with the NGO, as it would be important to show sustained social responsibility. Write clear essays on what are your goals, what are your strengths and how they helped you in your accomplishments. This should help you move to the next stage.

Feel free to reach out for a discussion.

Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2017, 03:25
golumolu wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

Hi golumolu,

You've built yourself a good profile and a well-rounded one. An analytics background helps because it adds a certain amount of differentiation to your profile. A lot will depend on what are your goals and how you can link them to what you've achieved so far. A good application can definitely see you through. Do have a look at our guidelines for the ISB essays: http://www.apphelp.co.in/ISB-Essays.htm

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 46

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2017, 04:05
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB.

I am a mother to a 2 yrs old baby girl. While I have an experience of 6 yrs in technical project management kind of a role, I am currently not working. We moved to Gurgaon with my husband switching his job, so that our family can support and take care of my daughter while I resume to my career smoothly.
I am going to take GMAT in the coming month.

Xth- 83%, CBSE
XIIth- 80%, CBSE
BTech- 78%, Mechanical and Automation from Delhi Technological University
M.Tech- 8.3 CGPA, Automotive Eng. from VIT, Vellour. Company sponsored.
Six sigma green belt trained.

Work ex: 6 years, product development and quality engineer- Sr. at Cummins India Ltd. Worked on heavy duty CNG and gasoline engines. Worked on customer focused projects, with Tata Motors, Ashok Leyland, AMW, Volvo across many geographic locations (however, have never traveled down there).

Extra-curicular:
-> served as mentor to unprivileged kids with an NGO.
-> A blogger. won a national level women's day blogging comp
-> Founder of robotic club at clg, and won many robotics competitions with self built robo
-> National level kho-kho player
-> Won many debates at school level

Please let know, how much score should I target to get into ISB.

Thank you!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 46

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2017, 05:00
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Akanksha,

Trust you are doing well.

Thanks for sharing your profile. I am an ISB alum, C014 and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys since. Ironically, we already share one alma mater (DCE). I hope there will be an addition to this very soon.

As far as your profile is concerned, I definitely see a lot of pluses – techno managerial experience, certifications, a Masters degree, client facing roles, sports at national level, blogging interests among others.
Having said this, a lot of things will depend on the GMAT score you get. A score in excess of 680 along with a well-articulated application will definitely make your candidature a very competitive one.
Once you get a score, I would urge you to focus on certain areas of your application (mentioned below) :
a. A justification of the gap in your professional experience and a logical reasoning as to why you need an MBA now instead of going back to the corporate world.
b. The career goals you have in mind post the MBA both in the short as well as long term horizon. And how the MBA program from ISB fits in the scheme of things.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +arijit_biswas89 (Skype) in case you want a detailed discussion or need professional assistance.

Wish you the very best !
Arijit

Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2017, 05:21
vigyanboy wrote:
Hi

I'm confused about whether I should apply for R1 (looking at forums better chances) or R2 (more comfortable, also chance of promotion )
Have been preparing and yet to take GMAT
Kindly review my profile , target score & suggest for R1 & R2

Education
10th : 83% CBSE
12th : 82% CBSE
B.Tech in Information Technology GGSIPU Delhi - 71.1%

Work Experience

2 years 8 months - Top IT MNC
International travel work experience

Worked with international clients from various industries ( Labour - Employment, Postal & Travel ) gaining insights and industry knowledge

Job Overview :

Took up hybrid roles in diverse technologies & methodologies to deliver client solutions.

Directly engaged with client for multimillion-dollar project delivery

Work Achievements:
-Excellence award in Delivery for meeting deadlines and quality

Co curricular:
Published research paper in international journal

Extra curricular:
Basketball team
Represented Company, College, School ( Zonal ) in various competitions & won 1st position

Was awarded 2nd prize in RedBull racing competition held at IIT Delhi

Help organize major event with OML

Worked as a content writer & developed an online magazine during college

Community Service:

Visits to orphanages on individual front & participated in CSR activities hosted by employer

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Hi vigyanboy,

The right answer to R1 and R2 is when you are comfortable with it. A hurriedly-written application can do more harm to your chances of admission than any other aspect of your candidature. Budget for 4-6 weeks for the entire process of writing, reviewing and publishing the essays. Therefore, if you're ready with your GMAT score in September, then apply for R1, else it is better to push it to R2.

Overall you have a good profile. As you belong the super-competitive IT pool, aim for a score of 710+, which would place you above the class average, and of course, the higher the better. Make sure you try and highlight how you are different from your peers using a mix of professional and extracurricular achievements. Also, link them well to your future goals.

Intern
Intern
S

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V30
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2017, 11:19
Hello All,

I took GMAT for the second time, aiming to get 700+, but ended up with 680 (Q50, V30). When i saw my score, i was puzzled for a minute, all conversion charts i saw says i need to get atleast V34 to get 680 score (Being Q50). This is beyond the thinking.

The real confusion for me is whether my score is good enough for ISB or not. Does having low verbal put me on lower side? Does ISB considers sectional cut offs.?

Work Exp: 4 years in Design Engineering (Aerospace & Defence)
Worked For: Bell Helicopters (2.5 Years) and Boeing (1.5 Year and counting)
10 Class: 88.87
12 Class: 97.30
GPA: 8.8/10 (3.7)

Apart from this, I have started a company in ride sharing business to address the high price commute with eco-friendly solution, But it didn't work out well for me. We closed it without even launching due to resources/funding. I Spent most of my energy & time for a 1.5 year in this after my work hours. I don't have any thing extra-ordinary to say about me.

Thanks in advance

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern

Profile Assesment [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2017, 01:56
Hi All,

My Scores are as follow:

10th :- 90.43
12th :- 87.2
Btech (Mech Engineering) :- 7.18/10
GMAT :- 720 (AWA :- 4 Will this have an impact)

I have 3 years experience (9 months L&T and 25 months in Logistics Start-up Whereby I have been involved in numerous projects (Operations and Engineering)
1.) Set up a new Business Line
2.) Involved in Expansion of Network.

I am thinking of trying for ISB, NUS and Insead. Please suggest Whether i should be looking for other schools too and my chances in these schools.

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2017, 09:46
maheshaero20 wrote:
Hello All,

I took GMAT for the second time, aiming to get 700+, but ended up with 680 (Q50, V30). When i saw my score, i was puzzled for a minute, all conversion charts i saw says i need to get atleast V34 to get 680 score (Being Q50). This is beyond the thinking.

The real confusion for me is whether my score is good enough for ISB or not. Does having low verbal put me on lower side? Does ISB considers sectional cut offs.?

Work Exp: 4 years in Design Engineering (Aerospace & Defence)
Worked For: Bell Helicopters (2.5 Years) and Boeing (1.5 Year and counting)
10 Class: 88.87
12 Class: 97.30
GPA: 8.8/10 (3.7)

Apart from this, I have started a company in ride sharing business to address the high price commute with eco-friendly solution, But it didn't work out well for me. We closed it without even launching due to resources/funding. I Spent most of my energy & time for a 1.5 year in this after my work hours. I don't have any thing extra-ordinary to say about me.

Thanks in advance

Hi maheshaero20,

A score of 680 should not be a show stopper for you, especially since your academics have been exceptional till now. However, a lot will depend on how you showcase your profile. Here's what you can do next:
- Focus on showing leadership potential (instead of technical proficiency) using examples and your profile can also come across as well-differentiated.
- Make sure you can link your achievements to clear attainable goals, showing a logical career progression and clear roadmap.
- The start-up experience may not work since you didn't launch, but then we don't have enough details to comment on it.

Have a look at our general guidelines for the essays: http://www.apphelp.co.in/ISB-Essays.htm and feel free to reach out in case of queries.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2017, 12:13
Hi Mahesh,
Hope you are doing well.
Thanks for sharing your profile. I am an ISB alum, C014 and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys since.
I definitely see a lot of pluses in your profile – R&D, Techno managerial and PM roles, entrepreneurship experience etc. and feel you can definitely get in with your current score.
However, you will need to compensate for your lower than average GMAT score with a well-articulated application highlighting what you can potentially add to the ISB classroom. You will also need to be very careful while mentioning your startup experience because of a couple of things – you were working on your startup in parallel with your day job, and secondly, it might seem you gave up without pushing your limits. A positive angle can be given to this story, if you talk about the learnings you got from your experience and how it has shaped you professionally.
Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +arijit_biswas89 (Skype) in case you want a detailed discussion or need professional assistance.
Cheers

Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 23 Aug 2017, 12:13

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  51   52   53   54   55   56   57  ...  64    Next  [ 1279 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap