It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 19:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 00:45
Abhigyanashakuntalam wrote:
Background: Indian, male, 29 y.o.

Undergrad Information: Delhi University, Bachelor of Civil Engineering, 70.3% marks (top 10% of the batch) - graduated in 2010

GMAT: 740 (Q49 V40 IR7 AWA5.5)

Work experience and leadership:
7 years with the biggest infrastructure company of India.
Operations manager for EPC (Engineering Procurement and Construction) projects.
Team lead for design and execution of EPC jobs.
Have worked in Chicago, IL for one year on a new line of business and in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as a Design lead.

Community and others -
Worked for CRY Chicago Chapter and raised funds worth USD 7500 through various cultural events.
Cultural Secretary of a 15 year old Non-profit promoting dance, drama and music events for bringing about harmony in the community.
Part time music teacher for under-privileged with 50+ student strength.
Founder and Editor of an online Magazine with a 5000+ monthly readers.

Post MBA goals -
Short term (Work in operational optimization roles; operation consulting for infrastructure firms)
Long term (starting a world class cultural institution in India, helping people deal with stresses through creativity. Bringing about a change in the social harmony and creating value at the same time.)

Hi,

thats a great profile. You should apply to ISB and also other b-schools abroad if that's of interest to you.

Ofcourse the application outcome will depend upon the strength of your application. Project your stories well, demonstrating your strengths (and weaknesses)

The sore point which needs heavy reflection is your long term goal- helping people deal with stress through creativity is vague. If you are very passionate about this, you could still start a volunteering outfit now, don't have to wait another 10 years. Infact if your have never done anything in this direction until now, it will sound unrealistic to admissions committee. And beware, unreasonable career goals can lead to a ding.

The bigger problem however is that this goal is unrelated to your work experience until now and has no connection with your short term goal. That, my friend, is a huuuuge red flag.

Feel free to discuss further. My contact details are given in the signature. As I mentioned, you have a great profile and you should definitely not spoil your chances because of lack of understanding of how career goals work. That's operational efficiency for you :-)

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 00:54
Akshay076 wrote:
Hi All,

Please review my profile as well.

GMAT - YET TO GIVE
GRE - 321 (165QA) (Given in 2014)

Education -
X - 88%
Xll - 85%
B.Tech (CSE) - 70.4% (IP, Delhi)

Work Ex - 2.5~ Years
Consultant at Microsoft Hyderabad ( Completing 1 year in October) - Microsoft Dynamics 365
System Engineer at Infosys (1 year and 3 months)

So, I had a few questions to ask -

1. Should I apply with my GRE score in Round 1 ? or give GMAT and apply for Round 2 which would be difficult for me as I dont really have a stellar profile.
2. Also, if I just randomly apply with GRE in round 1. How does being a re applicant hamper my chances for next year with a GMAT score.

Thanks in advance.

ISB accepts both GRE and GMAT so you can apply with either. A 700+ GMAT score is a kind of requisite if you apply with lesser work experience. so does your GRe score translate close to it?

My suggestion is, don't randomly apply- in round 1 or round 2 or this year. Apply when you are ready and can put together a compelling application. ISB readily accepts reapplicants but its a pain to be one.

If you think you will be more competitive next year, then just wait it out and build your profile until R1 next year.

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 508

GPA: 3.2
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 00:56
Hi Reviewers,

I would greatly appreciate a few comments on my profile strength and prospects with the colleges listed below.

Education Brief -

I hold a Bachelors in Business Management (BBM) degree from Manipal University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from ITM Business School Navi Mumbai. I am a six sigma green belt and hold a strategic sourcing certification from IIMB.

Work Experience Brief -

I am a Management Consultant in Procurement & Supply Chain Management working at GEP, a leader in procurement/supply chain consulting. I have 3 years and 3 months of experience and I have been promoted twice in 3 years. My work involves developing sourcing strategies and process improvement initiatives for global industry leaders, primarily based out of the US. The clients I have worked with are - Bayer, Graftech, and Chemours. I have 4 months of volunteering experience with an NGO for the mentally challenged.

I want to pursue MBA primarily as I would like to expand my scope of Consulting experience. Currently, my consulting experience is focused on procurement and supply chain management; I would like to leverage this on to a wider management consulting opportunity, such as operations & finance or strategy consulting. Post MBA, I see myself working in Strategy with one of the leading management consulting firms.

Following are my target colleges -

ISB
NUS
NTU
IVEY CANADA
ROTMAN CANADA
Queens Business School Can
SAUDER CAN
AGSM AU
MBS AU
Oxford
Cambridge

GMAT Score - 710 (q48, v40) ir- 2, awa - 4.5
IELTS General - 8

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 01:06
Utsavjha wrote:
Dear Team,

Greetings for the day

May i kindly request your feedback on my profile (if you have some spare time). I shall be really thankful to you for your advise.

Profile:

Name : Utsav Jha
Nationality: Indian
Sex : Male

GMAT Score: 680 (Ist GMAT)

Education Background:
a. Chartered Accountant from Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (58.6% - First Attempt) [ It is a premier finance course in India, with a passing rate of 5-12% similar to CPA in USA and ICEAW in UK]
b. Certificate Course on valuations from Institute of Chartered Accountant of India
c. Certificate Course on business Finance from Institute of Chartered Accountant of India
d. Bachelors of Commerce , Delhi University (55%)
e. 12th Standard (89%)
f. 10th Standard (91.6%)

Work Experience:
- Total 6 Years (post qualification) as at 20 August 2017 (additionally i have also undergone 3.5 years of internship).

Currently working with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu as a Risk Consultant, managing a team of 3.

- Started AUKS Associates (during my initial years), a CA Practicing firm

Extracurricular:
- Started Orrizen Foundation to support people in need.
(also i don't have much extracurricular activities to share, as I have been a reserved person for long)

Warm regards

Hi Utsav,

You've got the stats in place. The GMAT is low, but CA is a rigorous certification and will help to overcome that challenge. So will your work in risk consulting, which would be analytical and quant focused.

do realize there are CAs applicants from the Big Four, who are your direct competition. There would be several candidates within your own firm. So, you will have to differentiate yourself against them, infact emerge as a stronger candidate in their comparison. Really think through your life and come up with impressive insights.

Starting the Orrizen Foundation, if it has done some impactful work already, is a plus point. you could pitch it as a story of overcoming your weakness/ challenging yourself - a new organization will require you to motivate other people to join, show them a direction or a goal, and to lead them towards that vision - this is challenging for a reserved person and should make a good leadership story in the applications.

Fell free to reach out if your need assistance with your application.

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Last edited by MBADecoder on 02 Sep 2017, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 151 [1], given: 51

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 01:16
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
OreoShake wrote:
Hi Reviewers,

I would greatly appreciate a few comments on my profile strength and prospects with the colleges listed below.

Education Brief -

I hold a Bachelors in Business Management (BBM) degree from Manipal University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from ITM Business School Navi Mumbai. I am a six sigma green belt and hold a strategic sourcing certification from IIMB.

Work Experience Brief -

I am a Management Consultant in Procurement & Supply Chain Management working at GEP, a leader in procurement/supply chain consulting. I have 3 years and 3 months of experience and I have been promoted twice in 3 years. My work involves developing sourcing strategies and process improvement initiatives for global industry leaders, primarily based out of the US. The clients I have worked with are - Bayer, Graftech, and Chemours. I have 4 months of volunteering experience with an NGO for the mentally challenged.

I want to pursue MBA primarily as I would like to expand my scope of Consulting experience. Currently, my consulting experience is focused on procurement and supply chain management; I would like to leverage this on to a wider management consulting opportunity, such as operations & finance or strategy consulting. Post MBA, I see myself working in Strategy with one of the leading management consulting firms.

ISB
NUS
NTU
IVEY CANADA
ROTMAN CANADA
SAUDER CAN
AGSM AU
MBS AU
Oxford
Cambridge

IELTS General - 8

Hi Oreo Shake,

This is Chocolate Mint shake 8-) :-)

Things look good at your end. Richard Ivey has its deadline on 25th September, so knock that off the list for this year. Queens also opens its application sometime in spring, so you will have access to it next year. I notice a conspicuous absence of US b-schools, although they have some of the best operations specializations in the world.

In general, I think its sufficient to apply to 5-7 b-schools in one year, so you can taper down your list a little more.
Also, in my experience, applying early to NUS/ NTU is beneficial as they take extremely long to come back if you apply Jan onwards. In general, which ever school has a rolling deadline (NUS, Ivey, Rotman) shoot out your application early. Some schools such as NTU will also interview you face to face in India if you apply early.

At every business school where you apply, you must address why you want another MBA, and why so close to the first one. Show a bigger purpose in life, which can be achieved only through the second/international MBA.

Reach out in you need help

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Last edited by MBADecoder on 02 Sep 2017, 03:06, edited 1 time in total.

Manager
Manager
S

GPA: 3.2
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 02:01
MBADecoder wrote:
OreoShake wrote:
Hi Reviewers,

Education Brief -

Work Experience Brief -

ISB
NUS
NTU
IVEY CANADA
ROTMAN CANADA
SAUDER CAN
AGSM AU
MBS AU
Oxford
Cambridge

IELTS General - 8

Hi Oreo Shake,

This is Chocolate Mint shake 8-) :-)

Things look good at your end. Richard Ivey has its deadline on 24th September, so knock that off the list for this year. Queens also opens its application sometime in spring, so you will have access to it next year. I notice a conspicuous absence of US b-schools, although they have some of the best operations specializations in the world.

In general, I think its sufficient to apply to 5-7 b-schools in one year, so you can taper down your list a little more.
Also, in my experience, applying early to NUS/ NTU is beneficial as they take extremely long to come back if you apply Jan onwards. In general, which ever school has a rolling deadline (NUS, Ivey, Rotman) shoot out your application early. Some schools such as NTU will also interview you face to face in India if you apply early.

At every business school where you apply, you must address why you want another MBA, and why so close to the first one. Show a bigger purpose in life, which can be achieved only through the second/international MBA.

Reach out in you need help

Namitha,

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Forgive my ignorance but I was hoping to make the November (round 4) deadline for Ivey, since they have rolling admissions. Would that be detrimental to my application and prospects and am I missing something?

My objective is to focus on colleges on two parameters - Reputation and Immigration. Hence I bracketed US under out of scope, because of the high risk factor.

Please let me know your thoughts on the above.

Regards,
Oreo

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 02:53
OreoShake wrote:

Namitha,

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Forgive my ignorance but I was hoping to make the November (round 4) deadline for Ivey, since they have rolling admissions. Would that be detrimental to my application and prospects and am I missing something?

My objective is to focus on colleges on two parameters - Reputation and Immigration. Hence I bracketed US under out of scope, because of the high risk factor.

Please let me know your thoughts on the above.

Regards,
Oreo

Yes, Ivey has 5 deadlines and I stand corrected on what I wrote earlier. Although I will still add that in case of rolling deadline, its helpful to apply at the earliest. You don't have to wait until Nov 13th to apply.

Regarding USA- no laws have been passed so far, so hopefully there is no immediate risk.
Read this: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/nri ... 966953.cms

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 04:41
Hi,

Could you please evaluate my profile?
I have 5+ years of experience in Sourcing and Procurement analytics.

Acads:
B.E. Mechanical - Pune University - 68% aggregate
XII- 88%
X- 96%

Extra curriculars have been average with no great prizes or achievements

GMAT - going to take it soon , aiming for 700+

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 08:05
Hello Everyone,

Why ISB has done away with re-applicant essay this year?
Does anyone has link to official communication sent on this regard or knowledge as to what the thought process was. Unlike previous year has ISB gone IIM's way which consider every application as a fresh one?

Do we have early decision in R-1 this year? I do not see in the admission calendar unlike last year's.

Thank you for your responses.

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 11:41
Hi Hina,

I am an ISB alum CO14 and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys for the last few years.

With the limited information you have provided an appropriate profile evaluation isn’t possible, but Sourcing and Procurement Analytics is a very interesting field and if you articulate your experience properly, the admission committee will definitely be interested in your candidature. Also since you don’t have a lot of extracurricular to boast about, you should focus on showing leadership skills through your work.

A score in excess of 690 and a well drafted application will give you a good shot. However, for a more precise response, I will need to know more about you specially related to the kind of work you have done and the career progression you have achieved.

Please feel free to reach out to me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com / Skype : arijit_biswas89 in case you have any other queries or need professional assistance.

Wish you the best of luck .
Cheers
Arijit

Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 12:04
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ag111 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone has link to official communication sent on this regard or knowledge as to what the thought process was. Unlike previous year has ISB gone IIM's way which consider every application as a fresh one?

Do we have early decision in R-1 this year? I do not see in the admission calendar unlike last year's.

I have discussed this with the ISB adcom and have a fair idea why. They believe that applicants don't have too many changes in their profiles in one year and hence were not giving great insights in the reapplication essay. Also, ISB does not disclose the GMAT to the applications readers. But as most reapplicants mention GMAT score changes in the reapplicant essay, the scores were getting revealed to the app readers.

If ISB wishes to see your last year's file, they still have it in their record and can compare the two applications, without needing a reapplicant essay.

Hope it makes sense, though as a consultant I would have loved to have the reapplicant essay.

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 23:04
hinaarora017 wrote:
Hi,

Could you please evaluate my profile?
I have 5+ years of experience in Sourcing and Procurement analytics.

Acads:
B.E. Mechanical - Pune University - 68% aggregate
XII- 88%
X- 96%

Extra curriculars have been average with no great prizes or achievements

GMAT - going to take it soon , aiming for 700+

Thanks!

Hi hinaarora017,

Sourcing and procurement analytics sounds like an interesting role, however to make a detailed evaluation, we'd need more information on the quality of your work-experience. What differentiates you from your peers? What are your professional accomplishments? What are your short-term and long-term goals?

A GMAT of 700+ would be a good score to aim for. Extracurriculars, while not mandatory, are essential to give your personality a well-balanced outlook, hence you might want to work on those aspects.

Feel free to reach out for a discussion.

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 23:12
ag111 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Hi ag111,

The understanding is that if the applicant has made significant improvements in your profile, and especially if the applicant was interviewed, actively sought feedback from ISB ad-com, and worked out those aspects in his/her profile, then he/she should use the essay 1 to state these.

To answer your question on Early Decision, yes, ISB has done away with early decision this year.

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 01:12
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 239 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 20:07
Rahul30 wrote:
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.

Hi,

Congrats on the strong GMAT showing, though sounds like your undergrad was quite lacking which was unfortunate. Since you've been working for quite a while, at least that was further in your past, and you can and should aim to emphasize how you've improved your skills and ability to multi-task and work in a disciplined fashion such as how you'd approach b-school, to set yourself apart from the undergrad grades. Your international experience is a plus, and having EC and volunteer experience is good though more leadership in those areas would be even better. In terms of work experience the way your profile is viewed depends somewhat upon the details of your career to date... ISB will look for evidence of leadership, initiative, teamwork and analytical skills throughout your career, and showing initiative, going above and beyond, and making a real impact is what will help you stand out the most. Then there are factors of how your goals and need for the MBA and overall story are presented and proposed. Be sure to brainstorm for and prepare thoroughly for the application work to ensure those factors come through! If you are able to do that successfully and can overcome the GPA you may have a shot, but it won't be easy either given the level of competition. Good luck on the process.

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Kudos [?]: 239 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 20:15
Hi!
I'm planning to apply for early entry options at ISB.
Profile.
10- 10 CGPA
12- 94%
Bachelor's - 3.4 CGPA.

Extra curriculars
Internship at Harvard University
(Under Harvard International Research Project)
Volunteered for AIESEC, Toastmasters and Global Shapers.
Attended World Bank Youth Summit at Washington DC and other international conferences but my GMAT is 650.

I wanted to know if my extra curriculars will make up for my relatively low GMAT.
( No work experience as just graduated therefore applying for early entry option)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
S

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 20:24
rishavca wrote:
Hi!
I'm planning to apply for early entry options at ISB.
Profile.
10- 10 CGPA
12- 94%
Bachelor's - 3.4 CGPA.

Extra curriculars
Internship at Harvard University
(Under Harvard International Research Project)
Volunteered for AIESEC, Toastmasters and Global Shapers.
Attended World Bank Youth Summit at Washington DC and other international conferences but my GMAT is 650.

I wanted to know if my extra curriculars will make up for my relatively low GMAT.
( No work experience as just graduated therefore applying for early entry option)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Which school did you attended for your Bachelor's. If it is a US University you may have a chance as most likely you will have 2 years international experience by the time you enroll(do you have a job offer?).

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 00:08
Hi all,

My profile is as under:

Background and nationality - Indian female, 29
Undergrad Information - BA (Economics) Hons from Delhi University (1st Division); PGDM (Marketing & HR)
(1st division with distinction)
GMAT: 710 (Q-48 V-41 AWA-6 IR-8)
Work experience - Total:6. 1 year as Associate Consultant at Infosys Technologies Limited (trained in 2 ERP software packages), was team leader. Then joined a government company (PSU) and have been here for 5 yrs. Work in Mergers and Acquisitions. Key role in acquisition of a coal mine in Mozambique. Involved in business development of the mine as well as issues related to funding & tenders.

Community and others -
1. Volunteered with a big CSR organisation (cannot mention name). Worked in Dalit & Naxal infected areas. Taught in schools and helped with medical supplies. Motivated villagers to send girl children to school too.
2. A Dancer at heart. Trained in Shiamak Dawar's classes. Performed onstage.
3. Travelled to around 14 countries.. mainly those whose history excite me.

Post MBA goals
1. Plans to get into consulting with a thrust on Consulting for big Mining Companies such as Rio Tinto, Anglo-American etc.
2. Eventually want to return to India to reform the mining sector here which is characterised by un-economic methods which lead to a negative economical and social impact.

Please provide some insights! :) :)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 01:04
Work Ex: 3.5 years
GPA:9.08/10
GMAT: 740(Q49 V40 IR6 AWA5)
EXPERIENCE
Tata Consultancy Services, India,
• Successfully implemented Company’s 1st Cloud based CRM system in 12 diverse business region for a UK-based multinational.
• Designed and implemented deployment strategy for moving a manual sales, marketing and sales management system to a fully automated cloud based system.
• Designed proof of concepts leading to success in winning bids and projects in multiple industry sectors such as telecom and manufacturing.
• Discussed and trained client level users regarding efficient use of desktop and mobile systems for sales and services leading to fetching support contract for the company.
• Mentored 8 trainee associates and leading them to clear certifications and provide billable time to the client.
• Awarded with Star of the Month, Service and Commitment award for continuous learning and tremendous understanding of business systems.
• Awarded with Star Team award for structured and successful migrations leading to 93% customer satisfaction index.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Interests:
• Volunteer in events creating awareness towards social issues such as female foeticide, women education, etc.
• Active volunteer in flood, cyclone relief management teams.
• I run my own website based on travel photo blogs, short fictions, poetries in multiple languages such as English, Hindi and Oriya.
• Part of Corporate Photography Team; Managed the setup of 3 short films along with the role of a producer and screenplay writer.

Achievements:
• Green Friend Award in 2014-2015 for active participation in tree plantation program of Yuga Shrasta, Cuttack.
• Life jacket Honour Award in 2013 for helping flood affected people during severe thunderstorm and cyclone “Phailin” in Coastal Odisha.
• Active participation in the movement against female foeticide.
• Best student volunteer Award 2009-2010 in the field for creating social awareness for women education by The Mayurbhanj Society, Cuttack.
• Awarded 2nd Prize in Photography competition by College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar
• Certificate of Merit by CBSE for outstanding performance in a subject and for being among the top 0.1% of successful candidates.
• Certificate of merit in the 6th National Cyber Olympiad.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 06:16
Hi,

I will be glad if you could evaluate my profile:
HSLC (10 th Standard) - 82% (From SEBA, State Board)
HSC (12th ) - 78 % (State Board)
B.Tech - Mechanical from NIT Silchar, CGPA - 8.4

Worked Experience:
i) Joined IBM- 3 months (resigned as got into a PSU)
ii) NTPC- 10 years (will be on 19.9.17)
Profile in NTPC, I have worked 5 years (approx) in Operations. Knowledge of Power Plant, Coal Transportation and linkages etc.
5 years (approx) in Materials Management. Knowledge of Logistics, Risk Management, Vendor Relations, SAP, Ware House management etc.
Have received recognition for services in several occasions. Experienced in dealing with reputed PSUs', other manufacturing industries etc. and also with labor class.
Extra Curricular: Nothing extra ordinary. Degree in music. Sports like tennis, badminton etc.
What would be the minimum GMAT score to get a call from ISB. What other alternatives do I have in India as well as abroad.

Regards

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 04 Sep 2017, 06:16

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  54   55   56   57   58   59   60  ...  65    Next  [ 1281 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap