GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Aug 2019, 20:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2016
Posts: 134
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 20:24
rishavca wrote:
Hi!
I'm planning to apply for early entry options at ISB.
Profile.
10- 10 CGPA
12- 94%
Bachelor's - 3.4 CGPA.

Extra curriculars
Internship at Harvard University
(Under Harvard International Research Project)
Volunteered for AIESEC, Toastmasters and Global Shapers.
Attended World Bank Youth Summit at Washington DC and other international conferences but my GMAT is 650.

I wanted to know if my extra curriculars will make up for my relatively low GMAT.
( No work experience as just graduated therefore applying for early entry option)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



Which school did you attended for your Bachelor's. If it is a US University you may have a chance as most likely you will have 2 years international experience by the time you enroll(do you have a job offer?).
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jul 2015
Posts: 50
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 00:08
Hi all,

My profile is as under:

Background and nationality - Indian female, 29
Undergrad Information - BA (Economics) Hons from Delhi University (1st Division); PGDM (Marketing & HR)
(1st division with distinction)
GMAT: 710 (Q-48 V-41 AWA-6 IR-8)
Work experience - Total:6. 1 year as Associate Consultant at Infosys Technologies Limited (trained in 2 ERP software packages), was team leader. Then joined a government company (PSU) and have been here for 5 yrs. Work in Mergers and Acquisitions. Key role in acquisition of a coal mine in Mozambique. Involved in business development of the mine as well as issues related to funding & tenders.

Community and others -
1. Volunteered with a big CSR organisation (cannot mention name). Worked in Dalit & Naxal infected areas. Taught in schools and helped with medical supplies. Motivated villagers to send girl children to school too.
2. A Dancer at heart. Trained in Shiamak Dawar's classes. Performed onstage.
3. Travelled to around 14 countries.. mainly those whose history excite me.

Post MBA goals
1. Plans to get into consulting with a thrust on Consulting for big Mining Companies such as Rio Tinto, Anglo-American etc.
2. Eventually want to return to India to reform the mining sector here which is characterised by un-economic methods which lead to a negative economical and social impact.

Please provide some insights! :) :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Apr 2017
Posts: 126
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 01:04
Age: 25
Work Ex: 3.5 years
GPA:9.08/10
GMAT: 740(Q49 V40 IR6 AWA5)
EXPERIENCE
Tata Consultancy Services, India,
• Successfully implemented Company’s 1st Cloud based CRM system in 12 diverse business region for a UK-based multinational.
• Designed and implemented deployment strategy for moving a manual sales, marketing and sales management system to a fully automated cloud based system.
• Designed proof of concepts leading to success in winning bids and projects in multiple industry sectors such as telecom and manufacturing.
• Discussed and trained client level users regarding efficient use of desktop and mobile systems for sales and services leading to fetching support contract for the company.
• Mentored 8 trainee associates and leading them to clear certifications and provide billable time to the client.
• Awarded with Star of the Month, Service and Commitment award for continuous learning and tremendous understanding of business systems.
• Awarded with Star Team award for structured and successful migrations leading to 93% customer satisfaction index.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Interests:
• Volunteer in events creating awareness towards social issues such as female foeticide, women education, etc.
• Active volunteer in flood, cyclone relief management teams.
• I run my own website based on travel photo blogs, short fictions, poetries in multiple languages such as English, Hindi and Oriya.
• Part of Corporate Photography Team; Managed the setup of 3 short films along with the role of a producer and screenplay writer.

Achievements:
• Green Friend Award in 2014-2015 for active participation in tree plantation program of Yuga Shrasta, Cuttack.
• Life jacket Honour Award in 2013 for helping flood affected people during severe thunderstorm and cyclone “Phailin” in Coastal Odisha.
• Active participation in the movement against female foeticide.
• Best student volunteer Award 2009-2010 in the field for creating social awareness for women education by The Mayurbhanj Society, Cuttack.
• Awarded 2nd Prize in Photography competition by College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar
• Certificate of Merit by CBSE for outstanding performance in a subject and for being among the top 0.1% of successful candidates.
• Certificate of merit in the 6th National Cyber Olympiad.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 06:16
Hi,

I will be glad if you could evaluate my profile:
HSLC (10 th Standard) - 82% (From SEBA, State Board)
HSC (12th ) - 78 % (State Board)
B.Tech - Mechanical from NIT Silchar, CGPA - 8.4

Worked Experience:
i) Joined IBM- 3 months (resigned as got into a PSU)
ii) NTPC- 10 years (will be on 19.9.17)
Profile in NTPC, I have worked 5 years (approx) in Operations. Knowledge of Power Plant, Coal Transportation and linkages etc.
5 years (approx) in Materials Management. Knowledge of Logistics, Risk Management, Vendor Relations, SAP, Ware House management etc.
Have received recognition for services in several occasions. Experienced in dealing with reputed PSUs', other manufacturing industries etc. and also with labor class.
Extra Curricular: Nothing extra ordinary. Degree in music. Sports like tennis, badminton etc.
What would be the minimum GMAT score to get a call from ISB. What other alternatives do I have in India as well as abroad.

Regards
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 71
Re: Do i have a shot at ISB  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 12:45
1
Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

I am an ISB alum, CO14, and have been assisting applicants in their journeys.

I see a lot pluses in your profile in terms of your above average GMAT score, International experience and roles in premier technology companies.

However, you will need to showcase techno managerial skills in your profile than just technical skills – something, which is prominent from the profile description you have given. You will also need to demonstrate how you have grown in your career and how have your responsibilities transformed. This will eventually become the build up for what goals you want to achieve post MBA from ISB.

I will also need to know from you what was your undergrad institution and GPA, and also your extra-curricular involvements to make a better evaluation your candidature.

Please feel free to reach out to me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com/+919701215544 in case you want to discuss further.

Wish you the best of luck !
Cheers
AB
_________________
Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 2
Re: Do i have a shot at ISB  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 12:58
Just off your GMAT, I think you'd be fine.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 71
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 04:19
Hi Upadhriti,

Thank you for sharing your profile.

I am an ISB alum, CO14, and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys.

There are a lot of positive aspects coming out from your profile description – techno managerial experience, hands on experience of operations management, understanding of labour laws among others.

However, what the admission committee would want to know is why you want to pursue a full time MBA program at this juncture of your career, and not an executive MBA. Since you already enjoy a managerial role in your organization, what kind of roles do you foresee yourself working in post ISB - Would you still want to work in a PSU or are you looking at joining a MNC. In either cases, which industry and what function are you aiming for.

In short, a score in excess of 690 and well-crafted application will give you a good shot at admission.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com / +919701215544 in case you want to discuss further.

Thanks
AB
_________________
Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544
SVP
SVP
User avatar
G
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1878
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 04:25
Top Contributor
upadhriti2016 wrote:
Hi,

I will be glad if you could evaluate my profile:
HSLC (10 th Standard) - 82% (From SEBA, State Board)
HSC (12th ) - 78 % (State Board)
B.Tech - Mechanical from NIT Silchar, CGPA - 8.4

Worked Experience:
i) Joined IBM- 3 months (resigned as got into a PSU)
ii) NTPC- 10 years (will be on 19.9.17)
Profile in NTPC, I have worked 5 years (approx) in Operations. Knowledge of Power Plant, Coal Transportation and linkages etc.
5 years (approx) in Materials Management. Knowledge of Logistics, Risk Management, Vendor Relations, SAP, Ware House management etc.
Have received recognition for services in several occasions. Experienced in dealing with reputed PSUs', other manufacturing industries etc. and also with labor class.
Extra Curricular: Nothing extra ordinary. Degree in music. Sports like tennis, badminton etc.
What would be the minimum GMAT score to get a call from ISB. What other alternatives do I have in India as well as abroad.

Regards


Hi Upadhriti

Response from a GyanOne consultant (ISB alum, Co2008):

10 years is on the higher side of the spectrum. You would need to explain not just why you need an MBA now, but where you go post that. Given your rich PSU experience, we do believe that would be doable. You would have a lot to talk about for ISB essay 1, in particular. We had someone with a similar profile (from Nevyeli Lignites) get through last year. A lady working in operations in a PSU has a strong diversity factor, and you should leverage that.

ECA is not a concern in your case, and what you have is sufficient. Focus on a GMAT score of 680+.

On alternatives beyond ISB, please get in touch with us directly and we will be happy to help.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
G
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1878
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 04:32
Top Contributor
dreams101 wrote:
Hi all,

My profile is as under:

Background and nationality - Indian female, 29
Undergrad Information - BA (Economics) Hons from Delhi University (1st Division); PGDM (Marketing & HR)
(1st division with distinction)
GMAT: 710 (Q-48 V-41 AWA-6 IR-8)
Work experience - Total:6. 1 year as Associate Consultant at Infosys Technologies Limited (trained in 2 ERP software packages), was team leader. Then joined a government company (PSU) and have been here for 5 yrs. Work in Mergers and Acquisitions. Key role in acquisition of a coal mine in Mozambique. Involved in business development of the mine as well as issues related to funding & tenders.

Community and others -
1. Volunteered with a big CSR organisation (cannot mention name). Worked in Dalit & Naxal infected areas. Taught in schools and helped with medical supplies. Motivated villagers to send girl children to school too.
2. A Dancer at heart. Trained in Shiamak Dawar's classes. Performed onstage.
3. Travelled to around 14 countries.. mainly those whose history excite me.

Post MBA goals
1. Plans to get into consulting with a thrust on Consulting for big Mining Companies such as Rio Tinto, Anglo-American etc.
2. Eventually want to return to India to reform the mining sector here which is characterised by un-economic methods which lead to a negative economical and social impact.

Please provide some insights! :) :)


Hi dreams101

You are very well positioned to make it to ISB. Excellent ECA, strong work-ex, diversity, and clear goals. The only slight hitch is that ISB's ability to get you the niche mining roles abroad you are looking for is low. R1 is 1.5 months away, go for it.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
G
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1878
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 04:34
Top Contributor
rishavca wrote:
Hi!
I'm planning to apply for early entry options at ISB.
Profile.
10- 10 CGPA
12- 94%
Bachelor's - 3.4 CGPA.

Extra curriculars
Internship at Harvard University
(Under Harvard International Research Project)
Volunteered for AIESEC, Toastmasters and Global Shapers.
Attended World Bank Youth Summit at Washington DC and other international conferences but my GMAT is 650.

I wanted to know if my extra curriculars will make up for my relatively low GMAT.
( No work experience as just graduated therefore applying for early entry option)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hi rishavca

Try and improve that GMAT score by around 40-50 points. EEO admissions are very competitive in terms of GMAT scores, and you have almost no experience to leverage as an asset. The rest of your profile is pretty good though.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 401
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 04:44
dreams101 wrote:
Hi all,

My profile is as under:

Background and nationality - Indian female, 29
Undergrad Information - BA (Economics) Hons from Delhi University (1st Division); PGDM (Marketing & HR)
(1st division with distinction)
GMAT: 710 (Q-48 V-41 AWA-6 IR-8)
Work experience - Total:6. 1 year as Associate Consultant at Infosys Technologies Limited (trained in 2 ERP software packages), was team leader. Then joined a government company (PSU) and have been here for 5 yrs. Work in Mergers and Acquisitions. Key role in acquisition of a coal mine in Mozambique. Involved in business development of the mine as well as issues related to funding & tenders.

Community and others -
1. Volunteered with a big CSR organisation (cannot mention name). Worked in Dalit & Naxal infected areas. Taught in schools and helped with medical supplies. Motivated villagers to send girl children to school too.
2. A Dancer at heart. Trained in Shiamak Dawar's classes. Performed onstage.
3. Travelled to around 14 countries.. mainly those whose history excite me.

Post MBA goals
1. Plans to get into consulting with a thrust on Consulting for big Mining Companies such as Rio Tinto, Anglo-American etc.
2. Eventually want to return to India to reform the mining sector here which is characterised by un-economic methods which lead to a negative economical and social impact.

Please provide some insights! :) :)


Hi dreams101,

We think you have a good well-balanced profile with sound academics, work-exp and extracurriculars. The international exposure is unique and definitely helps. If you can package it well to showcase a mix of leadership potential and professional accomplishments, then you definitely stand a chance.
You may also need to think about why PGP now and what did/did not work post PGDM. Another thought we have is that you may be looking at a very small niche with your short-term goals. Our recommendation is to do some research to identify what alumni of your background are doing and what could be a Plan B if your target companies don't come to campus.

Feel free to reach out for a discussion.
_________________
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 401
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 04:53
Satya090 wrote:
Age: 25
Work Ex: 3.5 years
GPA:9.08/10
GMAT: 740(Q49 V40 IR6 AWA5)
EXPERIENCE
Tata Consultancy Services, India,
• Successfully implemented Company’s 1st Cloud based CRM system in 12 diverse business region for a UK-based multinational.
• Designed and implemented deployment strategy for moving a manual sales, marketing and sales management system to a fully automated cloud based system.
• Designed proof of concepts leading to success in winning bids and projects in multiple industry sectors such as telecom and manufacturing.
• Discussed and trained client level users regarding efficient use of desktop and mobile systems for sales and services leading to fetching support contract for the company.
• Mentored 8 trainee associates and leading them to clear certifications and provide billable time to the client.
• Awarded with Star of the Month, Service and Commitment award for continuous learning and tremendous understanding of business systems.
• Awarded with Star Team award for structured and successful migrations leading to 93% customer satisfaction index.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Interests:
• Volunteer in events creating awareness towards social issues such as female foeticide, women education, etc.
• Active volunteer in flood, cyclone relief management teams.
• I run my own website based on travel photo blogs, short fictions, poetries in multiple languages such as English, Hindi and Oriya.
• Part of Corporate Photography Team; Managed the setup of 3 short films along with the role of a producer and screenplay writer.

Achievements:
• Green Friend Award in 2014-2015 for active participation in tree plantation program of Yuga Shrasta, Cuttack.
• Life jacket Honour Award in 2013 for helping flood affected people during severe thunderstorm and cyclone “Phailin” in Coastal Odisha.
• Active participation in the movement against female foeticide.
• Best student volunteer Award 2009-2010 in the field for creating social awareness for women education by The Mayurbhanj Society, Cuttack.
• Awarded 2nd Prize in Photography competition by College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar
• Certificate of Merit by CBSE for outstanding performance in a subject and for being among the top 0.1% of successful candidates.
• Certificate of merit in the 6th National Cyber Olympiad.


Hi Satya090,

It is always a pleasure to see candidates who have built their profile over time. From a great GMAT to awards at work, volunteer stints beyond work and the awards collected over the years, every small accomplishments counts. You've built a great profile and we think that you have all the necessary ingredients.

As next steps, have a look at our essay guidelines and make sure you highlight examples that showcase your strengths best and also are logically linked to your goals: http://www.apphelp.co.in/ISB-Essays.htm

Feel free to reach out for a discussion.
_________________
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 401
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2017, 07:06
akhigandhi wrote:
Dear all,
Please help me gauge my chances of selection at ISB 2016 round of admissions.

Personal profile : Dr. Akhilesh Gandhi, 26 years, male, Indian

Academic backround :
10th from CBSE, India : 85%
12th from Maharashtra State board in PCB : 76%
MBBS from Indira Gandhi Government Medical college, Nagpur : from 2007 to 2013
MBBS average Percentage : 64%(1840/2850 marks)
GMAT : Total score : 680 (Q48 V35 AWA 4.5 and IR 3)
Passed UK professional exam PLAB part 1 and 2 in first attempt

Professional background:
Internship : 12 months : Feb. 2012 to March 2013 in JJ Government hospital and Cama Hospital, Mumbai
Resident medical officer of Oncosurgery: 10 months; from Apr. 2013 to Feb 2014, Central India Cancer Research Institute, Nagpur
Clinical Trust Fellow in Trauma and Orthopedic surgery in London deanery NHS Hospital : 16 months (Current Job)
Resident medical Officer in Ramsay group of hospitals, UK : 4 months
Currently living and working in UK

Total Work experience: 30 months (as on march 2016)

Extra- Curriculars:
Chess: 2 time National chess championship qualifier and one time National bronze medallist in under 19 category. University level gold medallist.
Athletics : state level athlete in 800m 1500m and 4x400m relay.
Social service: Worked in NACO's AIDS awareness campaigns, Worked with Rotary's drive for Leprosy care, Organized Cataract surgical camps in rural parts.
Research work: Got student research paper in field of microbiology selected and awarded at national level by Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR)

Future plan post MBA: Want to build a start-up to provide healthcare services for patients with TB and other Chronic ilnesses like Diabetes etc.


Please help me understand my strengths and weaknesses for the application and odds for selection.


Hi akhigandhi,

You have a well-differentiated profile. The international experience helps too and a GMAT of 680 should see you through. Since the number of applicants from the medical background is growing rapidly, and typically every class has not more than 7-8 doctors, your essays will carry the weight of your application.

You must highlight leadership qualities, basic understanding of a business and clear short-term and long-term goals that show that you are ready to make a shift from diagnostics to corporate.

Feel free to reach out for a discussion.
_________________
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2017, 08:23
Hi please evaluate my profile and chances of conversion and let me know the gmat score that i should aim for ? I really need to do this MBA

SSC : 89 % (Maharashtra State Board.)
HSSC : 70 % (Maharashtra State Board.)
BE Computer Sc : 72 % (Nagpur Univ.)

Work Ex: 3 years 8 months as of now at Zensar Tech(IT Services and consulting) as Business Analyst

Awards and Recognition : School and College held various posts as President and Vice President of student body

No major awards in corporate life.

Hobbies : Voracious reader, graphic design , web design , music

Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 401
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2017, 23:51
BruceWayneBatman wrote:
If anyone has the time please evaluate my profile- Indian IT male candidate with more than 2.5 years work ex as quality associate. I am applying 2nd round ISB. Kya kuch chance banta hai ISB me?:

Academic Background:-
Jaypee Institute of Information Technology 2012 batch
Bachelor of Technology
• Specialization- Computer Science and Engineering
• Percentage – 60%(I know its crap....)
• Class Xth – 91%
• class XIIth – 79%
• ISTQB Foundation Level Certified
• Languages- English,Hindi,Spanish(Basic)


GMAT- 720(Q-47,V-42, AWA-6, IR-5)(retaking in 2-3 weeks before isb deadline to get 750+)

Professional Work Experience:-

NAGARRO SOFTWARE November, 2014- Present
Associate, Quality
• Led a 4 member team consisting of 3 testers and 1 developer to successfully reduce the number of open production issues
• Promoted within 8 months of joining the organization due to exceptional performance and handling of the module

QA INFOTECH June, 2013 – November, 2014
Software Testing Engineer
• Managed a successful module for the client Harvard Business School and ATI, effectively leading a team of 3 testers
• Led a team of 3 including 1 visually impaired colleague for accessibility and usability testing of a mobile application for visually disabled end-users
• Prepared test automation framework as part of automation team to ensure efficient testing and reliable results.


CMC November, 2012 – May, 2013
Software Trainee
• Underwent full time training in Microsoft Dot Net Technologies to enhance my technology skill set from CMC- A subsidiary of Tata Consultancy Services
• Secured an ‘A’ grade (>75% marks) upon completion of the training program

Extra Curricular:-
• As member of Toastmasters International organize weekly toastmaster sessions and help others to overcome their inhibitions in public speaking
• Participated in Airtel Delhi Half Marathon and Decathlon Noida 10K Run - completed the Delhi half marathon in approximately 85 minutes
• As Member of Jaypee Youth Club- organized quiz and debate events in annual cultural festival ‘JIVE’ in 2010 and 2011
• Student volunteer in International Conference on Contemporary Computing held by JIIT in collaboration with University of Florida
• Volunteered for Nagarro Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives by coordinating Tree Plantation and Blood Donation drives.
• As part of CRY I was involved as a volunteer in the event ‘Colorothon’ in November, 2014 in Delhi. The event was a platform for people to show their artist skills and .involved participation of more than 2000 people
• Represented QA Infotech in Concern for India’s 5Cs 5 kilometer marathon where I stood 4th among more than 100 runners and completed the race in less than 18 minutes.
• As volunteer for CRY participated in Max Bupa Walk for Health to raise awareness about health issues and child rights.
• As part of NGO RS Foundation- I taught poor meritorious students subjects such as Maths and English to help them enter the mainstream education system

Future Goal:- Technology consultant with companies such as McKinsey and Bain


Hi BruceWayneBatman,

A good profile overall, but you must remember that you do belong to the competitive IT pool. Therefore, the most important part of your application would be how you are different from your peers. The key to making it to ISB is making sure that this question is clearly answered in your essays.
A 720 GMAT is good, a 750 would definitely boost your chances. Extracurriculars are decent, but rather than a plethora of ECs, it would help if you could demonstrate depth of involvement in even one of them, clearly demonstrating the impact that you have brought about to society.

Hope this helps.
_________________
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 08:22
Hi please evaluate my profile and chances of conversion and let me know the gmat score that i should aim for ? I really need to do this MBA

SSC : 89 % (Maharashtra State Board.)
HSSC : 70 % (Maharashtra State Board.)
BE Computer Sc : 72 % (Nagpur Univ.)

Work Ex: 3 years 8 months as of now at Zensar Tech(IT Services and consulting) as Business Analyst

Awards and Recognition : School and College held various posts as President and Vice President of student body

No major awards in corporate life.

Hobbies : Voracious reader, graphic design , web design , music

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 12
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 20:03
Hi All,

Can anybody , please help to advice my chances of getting into ISB.

" NPI product Development Engineering lead and lean manufacturing professional with over 12 years of overseas (Malaysia) work experience in Electronic/Semiconductor Manufacturing Industry"

Profile:Male
Nationality: Indian.
Industry: Electronic Manufacturing
Age 33
Married with son
GMAT Score:640 ( Q43,V34)


Education:
M.Tech. (Electrical Engineering) from IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, in the year 2010 with 8.28/10
B.Tech. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) from JNTU, Hyderabad, India, in the year 2007 with 65.7%
Diploma (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) from JN Govt. Polytechnic, Hyderabad in 2002 with 82.77% (Topper of the Batch)

Other Courses:
Improving SMT PCBA Process (May’12),
SPC-Strategic Process Control (Aug’12)
Statics with JMP10 (Jun’12),
Strategic Presentation Skills(Oct’12)
and Technical Writing Skills ( Apr’12) from ProQual Training & Human Resources, PSDC and Right Capital International at IPOH

Work Experience:
Aug’10-Jan’11 QA Engineer
Jan’11-Aug’12 Failure Analysis Engineer
Aug’13-May’15 Senior NPI Product Engineer
Since May’15 Staff NPI Product Engineer

Extra-Curricular:
- working closely with NGO at Hometown to accelerate and educate youth.

Post MBA:
Operations,General Management, Project Management and Consulting.

Thanks
Raj
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 12
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 20:08
Hi All,

Can anyone help to advice my chances of getting into ISB.

” NPI product Development Engineering lead and lean manufacturing professional with over 12 years of overseas (Malaysia) work experience in Electronic/Semiconductor Manufacturing Industry”

Profile:Male
Nationality: Indian.
Industry: Electronic Manufacturing
Age 33
Married with son
GMAT Score:640 ( Q43,V34)

Education:
M.Tech. (Electrical Engineering) from IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, in the year 2010 with 8.28/10
B.Tech. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) from JNTU, Hyderabad, India, in the year 2007 with 65.7%
Diploma (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) from JN Govt. Polytechnic, Hyderabad in 2002 with 82.77% (Topper of the Batch)

Other Courses:
Improving SMT PCBA Process (May’12),
SPC-Strategic Process Control (Aug’12)
Statics with JMP10 (Jun’12),
Strategic Presentation Skills(Oct’12)
and Technical Writing Skills ( Apr’12) from ProQual Training & Human Resources, PSDC and Right Capital International at IPOH

Work Experience:
Mar'03-Jul'08 Telecom Technical Assistant, BSNL INDIA
Aug’10-Jan’11 QA Engineer, FINISAR MALAYSIA
Jan’11-Aug’12 Failure Analysis Engineer,FINISAR MALAYSIA
Aug’13-May’15 Senior NPI Product Engineer,FINISAR MALAYSIA
Since May’15 Staff NPI Product Engineer,FINISAR MALAYSIA

Extra-Curricular:
– working closely with NGO at Hometown to accelerate and educate youth.

Post MBA:
Operations,General Management, Project Management and Consulting.

Thanks in advance
Raj
SVP
SVP
User avatar
G
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1878
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 20:35
1
Top Contributor
rajkumarchinthala wrote:
Hi All,

Can anybody , please help to advice my chances of getting into ISB.

" NPI product Development Engineering lead and lean manufacturing professional with over 12 years of overseas (Malaysia) work experience in Electronic/Semiconductor Manufacturing Industry"

Profile:Male
Nationality: Indian.
Industry: Electronic Manufacturing
Age 33
Married with son
GMAT Score:640 ( Q43,V34)


Education:
M.Tech. (Electrical Engineering) from IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, in the year 2010 with 8.28/10
B.Tech. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) from JNTU, Hyderabad, India, in the year 2007 with 65.7%
Diploma (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) from JN Govt. Polytechnic, Hyderabad in 2002 with 82.77% (Topper of the Batch)

Other Courses:
Improving SMT PCBA Process (May’12),
SPC-Strategic Process Control (Aug’12)
Statics with JMP10 (Jun’12),
Strategic Presentation Skills(Oct’12)
and Technical Writing Skills ( Apr’12) from ProQual Training & Human Resources, PSDC and Right Capital International at IPOH

Work Experience:
Aug’10-Jan’11 QA Engineer
Jan’11-Aug’12 Failure Analysis Engineer
Aug’13-May’15 Senior NPI Product Engineer
Since May’15 Staff NPI Product Engineer

Extra-Curricular:
- working closely with NGO at Hometown to accelerate and educate youth.

Post MBA:
Operations,General Management, Project Management and Consulting.

Thanks
Raj


Hi Raj

Your profile is quite strong from all perspectives, except for two: GMAT score and quantum of work experience. You will be among the most experienced professionals at ISB, if you are selected, and so in your application you will need to have a very strong justification for why you need an MBA at this stage. Also, the GMAT score, while not the biggest criterion at your experience level, is low.

Would recommend you focus closely on your essays to create a good case. While essay 1 should not be an issue, given the rich experience you have, essay 2 (why MBA, and why now) will be critical.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 12
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Re: Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 22:44
Thank you so much. Appreciate your help.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 09 Sep 2017, 22:44

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  56   57   58   59   60  ...  155    Next  [ 3084 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne