It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 10:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 272

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 43

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 02:57
apusharm wrote:
Hi please evaluate my profile and chances of conversion and let me know the gmat score that i should aim for ? I really need to do this MBA

SSC : 89 % (Maharashtra State Board.)
HSSC : 70 % (Maharashtra State Board.)
BE Computer Sc : 72 % (Nagpur Univ.)

Work Ex: 3 years 8 months as of now at Zensar Tech(IT Services and consulting) as Business Analyst

Awards and Recognition : School and College held various posts as President and Vice President of student body

No major awards in corporate life.

Hobbies : Voracious reader, graphic design , web design , music

Thanks


You should mention about how you were able to drive results or have an impact in some events or clubs related to these hobbies.

Just a general tip: Having a lot of hobbies is not the key here. You need to show leadership in only one or two activities.
Many applicants just volunteer for a sport event or few community service activities in order to mention these on their application forms. However, the Adcoms are not looking just for participation in CSR initiatives. They are looking for how you took the lead in that setting in order to demonstrate a clear impact.
_________________

Resume Guides
GMAT Critical Reasoning and Outside Knowledge

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 43

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 272

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 43

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 03:08
rajkumarchinthala wrote:
Hi All,

Can anyone help to advice my chances of getting into ISB.

” NPI product Development Engineering lead and lean manufacturing professional with over 12 years of overseas (Malaysia) work experience in Electronic/Semiconductor Manufacturing Industry”

Profile:Male
Nationality: Indian.
Industry: Electronic Manufacturing
Age 33
Married with son
GMAT Score:640 ( Q43,V34)

Education:
M.Tech. (Electrical Engineering) from IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, in the year 2010 with 8.28/10
B.Tech. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) from JNTU, Hyderabad, India, in the year 2007 with 65.7%
Diploma (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) from JN Govt. Polytechnic, Hyderabad in 2002 with 82.77% (Topper of the Batch)

Other Courses:
Improving SMT PCBA Process (May’12),
SPC-Strategic Process Control (Aug’12)
Statics with JMP10 (Jun’12),
Strategic Presentation Skills(Oct’12)
and Technical Writing Skills ( Apr’12) from ProQual Training & Human Resources, PSDC and Right Capital International at IPOH

Work Experience:
Mar'03-Jul'08 Telecom Technical Assistant, BSNL INDIA
Aug’10-Jan’11 QA Engineer, FINISAR MALAYSIA
Jan’11-Aug’12 Failure Analysis Engineer,FINISAR MALAYSIA
Aug’13-May’15 Senior NPI Product Engineer,FINISAR MALAYSIA
Since May’15 Staff NPI Product Engineer,FINISAR MALAYSIA

Extra-Curricular:
– working closely with NGO at Hometown to accelerate and educate youth.

Post MBA:
Operations,General Management, Project Management and Consulting.

Thanks in advance
Raj


Great profile! No doubt, you should improve your GMAT atleast by 30-40 points
In case you still have few months left for your test and you are not able to improve your GMAT score further especially the Quant part: You might consider taking up GRE instead of GMAT since its quant portion is easier. You can take up a sample mock of GRE from the ETS website, convert that score using the ETS scale,compare it to your GMAT score and then decide for yourself.
_________________

Resume Guides
GMAT Critical Reasoning and Outside Knowledge

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 43

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 04:00
Hi everyone,

Could you please help evaluate my profile;

Personal profile :
Architect, 28 years, female, Married

Academic backround :
10th from Gujarat state board, India : 86%
12th from Gujarat state board, India : 65%
B.Arch, SCET Surat, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Distinction (66%)
Was in the top 5%, graduated second in the university, received 2 awards
M. Arch, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, Merit Class (69%)
Graduated second of my batch, received 3 awards
GRE Score: 327/340 (Q 163, V 164, AW:4)
(According to ETS, it should be an equivalent to a GMAT 700)

Professional background:
Jimmy Lim Design, Malaysia: Intern 6 months
ADD Architects, Surat: Junior Architect,13 months
Dar Al Handasah Consultants, Pune: Architect, 18 months,
Ratan J Batliboi Consultants, Mumbai: Senior Architect,13 months,
L&T: Executive Assistant to the Group Executive Chairman

Have worked worked for about 4 years, then have moved to a management role over the last 1 year.

Leadership:
Have led my college as Unit Secretary at national and regional architectural conventions. Won several awards-undergrad
Been cultural secretary of my student council – undergrad
Been Batch Representative – post grad


Please help me understand my strengths and weaknesses for the application and odds for selection.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Aug 2017
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 23

CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 05:12
Hi, I am a Chartered Accountant. I cleared my CA exam in May 2014 with All India Rank 48. I have played Cricket, Football and Table tennis at school, college and corporate level. My academic scores are: -
SSC (10th) - 86%
HSC (12th) - 78%
TY BCOM - 90%
I have been working with BMR & Associates LLP (tax consulting firm) for 3 years and have a good exposure in handling International clients.
I am also doing some volunteering work for a NGO which teaches football to underprivileged kids.

What are my chances to get into ISB if i am successful in getting a 700 on my GMAT?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 23

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 963

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 06:46
soniahd wrote:
Hi everyone,

Could you please help evaluate my profile;

Personal profile :
Architect, 28 years, female, Married

Academic backround :
10th from Gujarat state board, India : 86%
12th from Gujarat state board, India : 65%
B.Arch, SCET Surat, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Distinction (66%)
Was in the top 5%, graduated second in the university, received 2 awards
M. Arch, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, Merit Class (69%)
Graduated second of my batch, received 3 awards
GRE Score: 327/340 (Q 163, V 164, AW:4)
(According to ETS, it should be an equivalent to a GMAT 700)

Professional background:
Jimmy Lim Design, Malaysia: Intern 6 months
ADD Architects, Surat: Junior Architect,13 months
Dar Al Handasah Consultants, Pune: Architect, 18 months,
Ratan J Batliboi Consultants, Mumbai: Senior Architect,13 months,
L&T: Executive Assistant to the Group Executive Chairman

Have worked worked for about 4 years, then have moved to a management role over the last 1 year.

Leadership:
Have led my college as Unit Secretary at national and regional architectural conventions. Won several awards-undergrad
Been cultural secretary of my student council – undergrad
Been Batch Representative – post grad


Please help me understand my strengths and weaknesses for the application and odds for selection.


Hi Sonia,

Your profile looks good and I'd say you have a great chance, even with an average GMAT score (which thankfully is never the deciding criteria at ISB)
Your work experience with the architecture firms seems to be quite scattered. You should address that by explaining how it has still led to your skill and career growth.

I have worked with someone who was an EA to an HOD/ Chairman at L&T, and know that its a great role, with good leadership opportunities. DO leverage this position to demonstrate that you are doing important stuff at L&T.

Clarity over career goals will be important in the application. Also there should be synergy between what you have done so far (across all your roles), what you will in the future and why you will need an MBA.

Reach out if you'd like to discuss more.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 963

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 06:49
tejas0999 wrote:
Hi, I am a Chartered Accountant. I cleared my CA exam in May 2014 with All India Rank 48. I have played Cricket, Football and Table tennis at school, college and corporate level. My academic scores are: -
SSC (10th) - 86%
HSC (12th) - 78%
TY BCOM - 90%
I have been working with BMR & Associates LLP (tax consulting firm) for 3 years and have a good exposure in handling International clients.
I am also doing some volunteering work for a NGO which teaches football to underprivileged kids.

What are my chances to get into ISB if i am successful in getting a 700 on my GMAT?



With competition from other CAs ( I just answered another one's PM, with similar profile as yours), it will all boil down to how well you can highlight your professional experiences, career goals and why now is the right time to do an MBA.

Edit: just saw your CA result: WoW! that great... that, along with excellence at work should give you some edge
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Suggestion Needed in B-School Selection - Profile Feedback [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 08:21
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. Although I am a regular reader and used a lot many materials from this forum to prepare for my GMAT. I need expert advice on which B-Schools i have a fair chance in with the following profile -

1. Work-ex & Curriculum details - Female, Age is 25. 4.6 years of experience in IT sales and consulting. B.Tech (CSE) graduate from UP Technical University with 65%. XII standard is 75% and X standard is 87%

2. GMAT score -
a. 28th July, 2017 - 550 (Q44, V22, AWA 5)
b. 7th September, 2017 - 640 (Q48, V28, AWA awaited). I prepared in parallel to my work and want to pursue my applications with this score.

3. Current city - Gurgaon

4. School shortlist - Please find list of my target schools (for full time 2 year MBA) as follows (major criteria of shortlisting is overall rank, % of foreign students and % of female students accepted)-
a. Columbia University
b. Cornell Johnson
c. UCB Haas
d. Northwestern University
e. NYU Stern

I am aware that R2 deadlines are also near and I am really panicstruck because I fear its difficult to meet them.
Thank you in advance for your inputs. I can share detailed profile if any of the consultants can help me, please. Also, suggestions for best suited school for me is much needed, if you can.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2016
Posts: 112

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
CAT Tests
Suggestion Needed in B-School Selection - Profile Feedback [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 09:18
Shwetaa14 wrote:
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. Although I am a regular reader and used a lot many materials from this forum to prepare for my GMAT. I need expert advice on which B-Schools i have a fair chance in with the following profile -

1. Work-ex & Curriculum details - Female, Age is 25. 4.6 years of experience in IT sales and consulting. B.Tech (CSE) graduate from UP Technical University with 65%. XII standard is 75% and X standard is 87%

2. GMAT score -
a. 28th July, 2017 - 550 (Q44, V22, AWA 5)
b. 7th September, 2017 - 640 (Q48, V28, AWA awaited). I prepared in parallel to my work and want to pursue my applications with this score.

3. Current city - Gurgaon

4. School shortlist - Please find list of my target schools (for full time 2 year MBA) as follows (major criteria of shortlisting is overall rank, % of foreign students and % of female students accepted)-
a. Columbia University
b. Cornell Johnson
c. UCB Haas
d. Northwestern University
e. NYU Stern

I am aware that R2 deadlines are also near and I am really panicstruck because I fear its difficult to meet them.
Thank you in advance for your inputs. I can share detailed profile if any of the consultants can help me, please. Also, suggestions for best suited school for me is much needed, if you can.


Hello Shweta,

Fellow applicant here.

At the risk of sounding blatant I do not think you have any chance in the schools you mentioned. You come from an over represented Indian IT Category. Moreover your UG percentage is on a lower end and so is your GMAT. For your profile it is imperative that your GMAT score is atleast 20-30 points above school average and you have rock solid application to give you a chance. So if you plan to apply with this score choose schools where avg GMAT is in range of 620-640. It is however not recommended to go beyond top 25-30 ranked schools and you wont find any schools ranked under 30 whose GMAT class avg is <680.

Also you haven't mentioned your post-mba goals. Have you considered MS in Information Systems or Business Analytics?

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 14:20
Hi,

Can you please review my profile.

Working in an MNC as Marketing Strategy Analyst(Work Involves Digital Marketing, Digital Strategy, Web Analytics, Marketing Analytics).

Exp: ~4 years

B.Tech Computer Science Engineering - 2013 Batch(Tier 2 College)

10%: 83.8
12%:80.2
CGPA: 7.00

Leading analytics team for a big automobile company.
Taught & Mentored two batches of 25 junior associates.
Worked single-handedly as an analytics resource on multiple projects.
Interview panel member to recruit Junior associates.
Employee of the Month Awards.
Youngest Associate to be promoted.

NGO Experience of 5 Months till date.
Volunteer in organizing team Tedx.
Worked with AIESEC.
Research Internship in IIM L.
Finalist Young India Fellowship 2017.

Certifications: Google Analytics & Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner.

Targeting ISB, NTU, NUS.

Please give suggestions as to where am I lacking,other college recommendations and anything to bolster my profile further.

Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 May 2017
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Suggestion Needed in B-School Selection - Profile Feedback [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 20:11
Your GMAT is quite less than the average GMAT of all the colleges you have mentioned. You undergrad college is not known and you have a average GPA.

While, people do get in with scores as low as yours, Indian IT applicants almost never get in. There doesn't seem to be anything special about your profile that can offset your low numbers. There will be too many other applicants with better GMAT, better GPA and better work experience than you if you are applying to those colleges.

You can either aim for much lower ranked colleges (which not even end up getting you a job with a work visa) or you should think about pursuing a Master's course. There is enough time left, give the GMAT again, if you really want an MBA.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 272

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 43

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 23:30
soniahd wrote:
Hi everyone,

Could you please help evaluate my profile;

Personal profile :
Architect, 28 years, female, Married

Academic backround :
10th from Gujarat state board, India : 86%
12th from Gujarat state board, India : 65%
B.Arch, SCET Surat, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Distinction (66%)
Was in the top 5%, graduated second in the university, received 2 awards
M. Arch, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, Merit Class (69%)
Graduated second of my batch, received 3 awards
GRE Score: 327/340 (Q 163, V 164, AW:4)
(According to ETS, it should be an equivalent to a GMAT 700)

Professional background:
Jimmy Lim Design, Malaysia: Intern 6 months
ADD Architects, Surat: Junior Architect,13 months
Dar Al Handasah Consultants, Pune: Architect, 18 months,
Ratan J Batliboi Consultants, Mumbai: Senior Architect,13 months,
L&T: Executive Assistant to the Group Executive Chairman

Have worked worked for about 4 years, then have moved to a management role over the last 1 year.

Leadership:
Have led my college as Unit Secretary at national and regional architectural conventions. Won several awards-undergrad
Been cultural secretary of my student council – undergrad
Been Batch Representative – post grad


Please help me understand my strengths and weaknesses for the application and odds for selection.


When you talk about leadership stories always make sure that you pick up stories within the last 2 or 3 year time frame. I am not sure if the leadership stories from your undergrad will be much useful. You have a quite diverse profile whereas your acads might be the weakness in your profile. 327 is a a good score and should help your cause.
_________________

Resume Guides
GMAT Critical Reasoning and Outside Knowledge

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 43

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 23:36
Hi,

Here goes the profile:

Age : 26,
Experience : 5 years
Domain : Education Consultant

Academics:
Xth - CBSE - 75%
XIIth - CBSE - 80%
Grad - BBA - 65% (IP University)


How much of a GMAT score should I aim for?


Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 272

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 43

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 23:39
g.pallav wrote:
Hi,

Can you please review my profile.

Working in an MNC as Marketing Strategy Analyst(Work Involves Digital Marketing, Digital Strategy, Web Analytics, Marketing Analytics).

Exp: ~4 years

B.Tech Computer Science Engineering - 2013 Batch(Tier 2 College)

10%: 83.8
12%:80.2
CGPA: 7.00

Leading analytics team for a big automobile company.
Taught & Mentored two batches of 25 junior associates.
Worked single-handedly as an analytics resource on multiple projects.
Interview panel member to recruit Junior associates.
Employee of the Month Awards.
Youngest Associate to be promoted.

NGO Experience of 5 Months till date.
Volunteer in organizing team Tedx.
Worked with AIESEC.
Research Internship in IIM L.
Finalist Young India Fellowship 2017.

Certifications: Google Analytics & Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner.

Targeting ISB, NTU, NUS.

Please give suggestions as to where am I lacking,other college recommendations and anything to bolster my profile further.

Thanks.


This thread is only for ISB profile evaluations. So we cannot provide other college recommendations.
Your age, post MBA goals, reputation of your firm, and GMAT score are missing.
_________________

Resume Guides
GMAT Critical Reasoning and Outside Knowledge

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 43

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 272

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 43

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 23:44
Kpkj wrote:
Hi,

Here goes the profile:

Age : 26,
Experience : 5 years
Domain : Education Consultant

Academics:
Xth - CBSE - 75%
XIIth - CBSE - 80%
Grad - BBA - 65% (IP University)


How much of a GMAT score should I aim for?


Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Please mention more details such as the reputation of your firm, any leadership activities outside of work, post MBA goals, and performance at your workplace such as promotions, rewards,etc.
_________________

Resume Guides
GMAT Critical Reasoning and Outside Knowledge

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 43

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 23:49
vivek6199 wrote:
Kpkj wrote:
Hi,

Here goes the profile:

Age : 26,
Experience : 5 years
Domain : Education Consultant

Academics:
Xth - CBSE - 75%
XIIth - CBSE - 80%
Grad - BBA - 65% (IP University)


How much of a GMAT score should I aim for?


Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Please mention more details such as the reputation of your firm, any leadership activities outside of work, post MBA goals, and performance at your workplace such as promotions, rewards,etc.

Firm reputation : biggest in India in Education consulting.
Work profile: Team Leader
Awards and recognitions: I sort of have been getting an average of 2 yearly performance awards and rewards.
Leadership experience outside of work : nothing major
NGO experience again not much

P.s. now that I'm writing it down, I'm not much hopeful about it myself. :D

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 272

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 43

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 02:07
Kpkj wrote:
vivek6199 wrote:
Kpkj wrote:
Hi,

Here goes the profile:

Age : 26,
Experience : 5 years
Domain : Education Consultant

Academics:
Xth - CBSE - 75%
XIIth - CBSE - 80%
Grad - BBA - 65% (IP University)


How much of a GMAT score should I aim for?


Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Please mention more details such as the reputation of your firm, any leadership activities outside of work, post MBA goals, and performance at your workplace such as promotions, rewards,etc.

Firm reputation : biggest in India in Education consulting.
Work profile: Team Leader
Awards and recognitions: I sort of have been getting an average of 2 yearly performance awards and rewards.
Leadership experience outside of work : nothing major
NGO experience again not much

P.s. now that I'm writing it down, I'm not much hopeful about it myself. :D


In order to overcome the low undergrad GPA, you should aim for a 720. Since you have a bit diverse profile you can even apply with a 700.
_________________

Resume Guides
GMAT Critical Reasoning and Outside Knowledge

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 43

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 85

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1198

Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Suggestion Needed in B-School Selection - Profile Feedback [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 03:10
I would suggest trying EMBA from Indian B-schools.

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1198

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 03:33
vivek6199 wrote:
g.pallav wrote:
Hi,

Can you please review my profile.

Working in an MNC as Marketing Strategy Analyst(Work Involves Digital Marketing, Digital Strategy, Web Analytics, Marketing Analytics).

Exp: ~4 years

B.Tech Computer Science Engineering - 2013 Batch(Tier 2 College)

10%: 83.8
12%:80.2
CGPA: 7.00

Leading analytics team for a big automobile company.
Taught & Mentored two batches of 25 junior associates.
Worked single-handedly as an analytics resource on multiple projects.
Interview panel member to recruit Junior associates.
Employee of the Month Awards.
Youngest Associate to be promoted.

NGO Experience of 5 Months till date.
Volunteer in organizing team Tedx.
Worked with AIESEC.
Research Internship in IIM L.
Finalist Young India Fellowship 2017.

Certifications: Google Analytics & Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner.

Targeting ISB, NTU, NUS.

Please give suggestions as to where am I lacking,other college recommendations and anything to bolster my profile further.

Thanks.


This thread is only for ISB profile evaluations. So we cannot provide other college recommendations.
Your age, post MBA goals, reputation of your firm, and GMAT score are missing.


Can you please analyze the profile for ISB only?
Age:25 years
Post MBA Goals: Consulting, Tech Consulting, Digital Marketing, Analytics.
Firm: SapientRazorfish acquired by Publicis group(One of the biggest advertising and marketing firms in the world).
GMAT Score: Yet to give GMAT. Aiming 720+.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Oct 2013
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT Date: 09-08-2016
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 12:26
Can you please evaluate my profile for ISB?

Age: 28 ( Indian male)
• Education: Master of Science in Engineering (Electronics) from a German university
• Professional experience : 4+ years in a technical role at Intel
• Current Location: Germany
• International experience: 7+ years (Master’s in Germany + work exp. Post Master’s)
• Citizenship: Indian
• GMAT: scheduled on October 1st, current scores around 650, trying to increase it to ~700

Achievements:
• Received a promotion within 16 months of work experience with an 'Outstanding' performance review
• Received multiple recognition awards at work for problem solving, supporting colleagues, product development etc.
• Received scholarship during Master's from DAAD (German govt.) for academics and extra-curricular activities
• Experienced in working with teams across multiple sites in US, Asia and Europe on a daily basis
• Technical product development experience from concept to production on some of the most advanced technologies in the industry

Languages: B1 certified German speaker ( can and do speak German in a professional environment), English (fluent) and three Indian regional languages

Why MBA and why Indian schools?
• I wish to understand the bigger picture in product development and therefore, want to learn about product management and strategy
• I want to return to India and therefore, targeting ISB
• If I return to India with current skill set, I will continue to work for technical roles and will not be able to understand the bigger picture. Therefore, I would like to pursue an MBA
• Not quite keen on US business schools due to high tuition fees and the amount of time that needs to be spent abroad to recover the fees
• I don’t think there will be a big salary difference between working with current skill set for Indian semiconductor companies and post ISB, thus salary increase is not the reason behind an MBA.

Post MBA goals
• I would like to be closely involved with technology companies in product management roles
• Ideally, would like to go back to semiconductor industry since I already have my Master’s degree and experience but there are not many MBAs in this industry. I am open to expanding my horizons into other industries
• Would like to capitalize on my German professional experience and preferably want to work for German companies based in India

Questions:
• What are my chances at ISB and is ISB a good fit for my profile? Potentially looking to apply to IIMA and IIMB's executive MBA programs too
• What is a reasonable GMAT score for this profile? (considering I am around 650 as of now, with 20 days left for the test)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2016
Posts: 112

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 12:44
theHermes5 wrote:
Can you please evaluate my profile for ISB?

Age: 28 ( Indian male)
• Education: Master of Science in Engineering (Electronics) from a German university
• Professional experience : 4+ years in a technical role at Intel
• Current Location: Germany
• International experience: 7+ years (Master’s in Germany + work exp. Post Master’s)
• Citizenship: Indian
• GMAT: scheduled on October 1st, current scores around 650, trying to increase it to ~700

Achievements:
• Received a promotion within 16 months of work experience with an 'Outstanding' performance review
• Received multiple recognition awards at work for problem solving, supporting colleagues, product development etc.
• Received scholarship during Master's from DAAD (German govt.) for academics and extra-curricular activities
• Experienced in working with teams across multiple sites in US, Asia and Europe on a daily basis
• Technical product development experience from concept to production on some of the most advanced technologies in the industry

Languages: B1 certified German speaker ( can and do speak German in a professional environment), English (fluent) and three Indian regional languages

Why MBA and why Indian schools?
• I wish to understand the bigger picture in product development and therefore, want to learn about product management and strategy
• I want to return to India and therefore, targeting ISB
• If I return to India with current skill set, I will continue to work for technical roles and will not be able to understand the bigger picture. Therefore, I would like to pursue an MBA
• Not quite keen on US business schools due to high tuition fees and the amount of time that needs to be spent abroad to recover the fees
• I don’t think there will be a big salary difference between working with current skill set for Indian semiconductor companies and post ISB, thus salary increase is not the reason behind an MBA.

Post MBA goals
• I would like to be closely involved with technology companies in product management roles
• Ideally, would like to go back to semiconductor industry since I already have my Master’s degree and experience but there are not many MBAs in this industry. I am open to expanding my horizons into other industries
• Would like to capitalize on my German professional experience and preferably want to work for German companies based in India

Questions:
• What are my chances at ISB and is ISB a good fit for my profile? Potentially looking to apply to IIMA and IIMB's executive MBA programs too
• What is a reasonable GMAT score for this profile? (considering I am around 650 as of now, with 20 days left for the test)


My recommendation would be to target min of 680. However with a score of 700+ you can fancy your chances for ISB.

Also IIM A and IIM B (1 yr) are highly recommended. But for both of the above programs you need atleast 700 to give yourself a shot. IIM B last year batch range was 680-780 and your overall exp is lower than class avg (6.5 yrs). IIM A is little relaxed on gmat if one has great leadership experience ( working as Sr. Manager) but with your profile a 700 is definitely must.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 17

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 12 Sep 2017, 12:44

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62  ...  64    Next  [ 1279 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.