It is currently 16 Oct 2017, 19:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 284

Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2017, 10:57
MBADecoder wrote:
nitesh181989 wrote:
Kindly evaluate my profile and let me know of my chances of getting in ISB 2017 in round 1.

Indian/male/27years

B-Tech NIT: 81.69%
Xllth 82.4%
Xth 88.6%

Work Ex: @6yrs
Worked in companies such as Capgemini Consulting Pvt. Ltd, Wipro Infotech. Currently working in a consultancy and deplyed with client Bharti Airtel.

Extra Curriculars:
Captain of Inter College Cricket Team.
Hosted Quizzes during one of my professional roles.

GMAT Score : 770 (Quant- 50,Verbal-44, AWA-6.0

I'm more interested in knowing about the Need Based and Merit Based Waiver in the Tution Fee as the only source of income for parents is FD interests and majority of that goes into medical expenses for them.

Wow Nitesh! excellent GMAT score. ISB should give you both need based and merit based scholarships. :-)

Wishes apart, I am sending you the link for the scholarships. For the need based scholl, you will have to write an essay saying why you should be considered. The merit based scholl is given to students without any supplemental material - you can say that if they really like you, they are likely to offer you one. So, submitting a great application, followed with a strong interview will help. And ofcourse, you have that enviable GMAT score...

Here is the link that will give you their criteria: http://www.isb.edu/pgp/fees-financing/Scholarships

Thanks a lot for your kind words.. :-)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 284

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 06:31
Apphelp wrote:
Erabm1439s wrote:
Hi! Please evaluate my profile -

ISB - Re-applicant

GMAT: 700
10th (ICSE): 84.33%
12th (ISC): 76.33%
B.E. (MIT Manipal): 7.2

Involved in various extra-curricular activities through school and college like Street Plays, Short-Story writing, GK quizzes, Poetry, Western Vocals, etc.

Work Exp:

5 years 3 months total (as on Sep'17 - excluding 6 months internship at Oracle)

1.5 years: Oracle India (Associate Applications Engineer)
3.7 years: ZS Associates (Associate Consultant)

In the last couple of months, I've moved to a strongly analytics focused team. No international travel for work yet (if that matters). At work too, I've been involved in some extra-curricular activities like leading a team of ~200 odd employees for the annual events.

Other than that, I love traveling and have covered most of Karnataka, Maharashtra, Kerala etc.

I had applied last year but my application and essays were weak - also mentioned in the feedback from ISB. But my biggest concern is getting stuck with Pharma domain. If I do get into ISB, I'm worried that my options will be limited as by that time I would have 4.3 years work exp with ZS. This might severely limit my chances of switching industries/ move out of Pharma. I'm more inclined towards Management Consulting and E-commerce - would ZS be a barrier in the movement?

Also, is there anything else I can work on? I'm planning to retake GMAT by Nov end and apply in R2. Just as an FYI, I had gotten in to NTU last year but didn't join as I only heard bad reviews from the current students.

Thanks!

Hi Erabm1439s,

We think you have a good profile and a score of 700 shouldn't really bog you down. We also think that you're over-worrying about post MBA prospects. As you probably know, every year ex-ZS students transition into different domains including Management Consulting. After all, isn't ISB the right platform to make the shift?

What you should focus on right now is your application: Make sure your application is personalized with anecdotes and examples that showcase your strengths. Ensure that your goals are in align with what you have achieved so far. Demonstrating a clear vision and a career path based on what you have accomplished so far will be the key to cracking this.

Thanks Apphelp!
I'll rephrase my question to - will spending 4.3 years at ZS have an impact on my post-MBA chances? Any help is much appreciated :)

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 06:35
MBADecoder wrote:
Erabm1439s wrote:

ISB - Re-applicant

GMAT: 700
5 years 3 months total (as on Sep'17 - excluding 6 months internship at Oracle)
In the last couple of months, I've moved to a strongly analytics focused team. No international travel for work yet (if that matters). At work too, I've been involved in some extra-curricular activities like leading a team of ~200 odd employees for the annual events.

I had applied last year but my application and essays were weak - also mentioned in the feedback from ISB. But my biggest concern is getting stuck with Pharma domain. If I do get into ISB, I'm worried that my options will be limited as by that time I would have 4.3 years work exp with ZS. This might severely limit my chances of switching industries/ move out of Pharma. I'm more inclined towards Management Consulting and E-commerce - would ZS be a barrier in the movement?

Also, is there anything else I can work on? I'm planning to retake GMAT by Nov end and apply in R2. Just as an FYI, I had gotten in to NTU last year but didn't join as I only heard bad reviews from the current students.

Thanks!

ZS is a great company to work with, so I'd not worry too much about that. Infact if you are consulting your clients over there, you have already built a core set of skills which will be useful in a management consulting role. So my suggestion is- play to your strengths and draw out the linkages between what you have done in the past, what you wish to do in the future, what skills have you already built and why do you need an MBA for the skills you lack!

As a reapplicant, you will really have to shine through this year's applicant pool. Reflection on what you did wrong last year will be critical for not repeating those same mistakes. So figure out, what was "weak" in those weak essays last year.

Thanks a lot MBADecoder! I'll keep these points in mind :)

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 10:26
ashutoshranjan wrote:
I need some guidance regarding my chances in MBA schools. My preferred colleges:ISB hyderabad, Mays (Texas A&M),Marriot (Bringham YU),Schuliz,Rotman,NUS Singapore and NTU.

GMAT:680 Q 49, V 34
GPA:3.1 Electrical Engg
Exp:8years in Indian Maharatna PSU NTPC

Achievements:
Was part of the team that completed erection and commissioning of steam turbine in record time of 13months,a project worth INR 450 cr

Formulated a plan to stop barring stalling in turbine leading to annual saving of over 150 cr annually.

Other than my work life i also engage in csr activities of ntpc ,participating in education and swachh bharat abhiyan.

I am planning to start my mba at the earliest so is my profile ok or should i go for a better gmat score.

Hi there,

From what I can tell so FAR your profile and GMAT sound viable for the schools you are focusing on, but of course any additional points can potentially help when things are so competitive. So IF you feel a higher score could be within reach without a huge additional effort (based upon practice test scores and your own assessment of your ability), then there's no reason not to try just in case it helps! But you know yourself best, so if you feel you're tapped-out test score wise you can also move forward with applications.

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 10:31
Raunak_Bhatia wrote:
Hi! Please evaluate my profile.

Indian Male candidate (27 years old) with bachelors in commerce from Mumbai University. Decent Academics (X-80%, 12-85%, Bachelors-75%), 6 years of work experience (including 3 years of International experience) with a Market research company focusing on research projects on new product launches and Pricing and promotion strategies in the FMCG domain. Currently working as a Senior Consultant in Poland.

In terms of extra curricular, I was elected House Captain in my last year of schooling, captained school/club cricket teams for 3 years, Played district level cricket in the Under 15 levels, active member of Rotract club during my college days and Community service groups at work.

In terms of the GMAT, i am taking on 30th Sept, but i am stuck around the 670 levels. Would that be a okay score for my profile? Target Schools: ISB, IE, NUS, Nanyang, EDHEC.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Hi,
I like your international experience for ISB; try to emphasize what you've learned and gained from those experiences. Your involvement is a plus too. Work experience sounds solid but I don't know the full details of what you've accomplished and the impact you've had. In terms of GMAT, GOOD LUCK on the 30th, and stay positive... many do see improvements from highest practice tests to the real-deal. It'd be great to be a little higher, stay optimistic and see what happens! Feel free to reach out afterwards for more input.

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 10

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 10:51
Hi!!
Indian male (22 years old)
Acads
X 89.06 (2010)
XII 81.67 (2012)
BE (mechanical) 8.76/10 (2016)
Got few scholarships too(I don't know whether it would add anything)
Ratan Tata scholarship 1 lakh
Narotam sheksaraia scholarship 50k

Work ex 13 months manufacturing sector

GMAT 710

Extra curricular
College council events
Worked as Public representative officer for mechanical engineering students association

Can you please tell me what are my chances of getting into Isb if I apply through early entry option

Thank you

Sent from my XT1068 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 10

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2017, 03:32
Erabm1439s wrote:
Apphelp wrote:
Erabm1439s wrote:

ISB - Re-applicant

What you should focus on right now is your application: Make sure your application is personalized with anecdotes and examples that showcase your strengths. Ensure that your goals are in align with what you have achieved so far. Demonstrating a clear vision and a career path based on what you have accomplished so far will be the key to cracking this.

Thanks Apphelp!
I'll rephrase my question to - will spending 4.3 years at ZS have an impact on my post-MBA chances? Any help is much appreciated :)

Hi Erabm1439s,

No it does not. :) If anything, pre-MBA consulting is a great role to have and ZS is a great brand on the resume.

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2017, 03:38
mdgk wrote:
Hi!!
Indian male (22 years old)
Acads
X 89.06 (2010)
XII 81.67 (2012)
BE (mechanical) 8.76/10 (2016)
Got few scholarships too(I don't know whether it would add anything)
Ratan Tata scholarship 1 lakh
Narotam sheksaraia scholarship 50k

Work ex 13 months manufacturing sector

GMAT 710

Extra curricular
College council events
Worked as Public representative officer for mechanical engineering students association

Can you please tell me what are my chances of getting into Isb if I apply through early entry option

Thank you

Sent from my XT1068 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi mdgk,

ISB EEO is designed for applicants with less than 24 months of full-time work experience to secure their admission to the ISB PGP. Since ISB does not expect exemplary professional achievements from you with lesser work-experience, the focus of your application would be your academic background, GMAT and extracurriculars. While academics are okay, you would need more compelling extracurriculars (or even GMAT or any other achievements). Overall, exemplary essays can see you through, if you can build in that wow factor that can differentiate you from your peers.

Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2017, 11:34
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for the Early Entry Option.

GMAT- 700 (V34, Q50, IR 6) - 22nd Sept,2017

10th- 86.6%

12th- 89.6%

Integrated Master of Science - Chemistry (5YR), IIT Kharagpur - 7.41/10

Work experience- 1 year 3 months

EXL Service (1 years 3 months)

Working in Retail & Media vertical of EXL.
My work majorly involves examining data trends and investigating business hypotheses to develop actionable insights and subsequently create front-end data-products for one of the leading global shopping centre companies in the U.S. & U.K

Only fresh recruit out of a batch of 300 to be awarded “Rising Star – Q3 2016” for exceeding management expectations.

Received accelerated promotion within 1 year.

NGO experience:

Mentored 20 socially challenged children (age group 12-14) for their upliftment in Izhevsk, Russia in a volunteering project.

International Experience:

One of the two students all over the world to be selected for summer research position at CNRS, Castres (France)

Awards & Achievements:

1. Institute Blue - Conferred by the Director for contribution to the Sports & Games at IIT Kharagpur and for bringing laurels to the institute in different competitions including Inter-IIT Sports Meet
2. Gold medalist, Cricket, 50th Inter-IIT Sports Meet (IIT-Bombay) - Inter IIT Sports meet is the annual sports meet of Indian Institutes of Technology. The meet is a General Championship consisting of 15 different Sports and Games for both boys and girls.
3. Silver Medalist, Cricket, 49th Inter-IIT Sports Meet (IIT Guwahati)
4. Rising Star - Q3 2016 (EXL Services)
5. Bronze medalist - Inter-Hall Choreography, Football & Hindi Dramatics
6. Hall Blue : for contribution in cricket
7. Special Mention : for hostel related activities
8. Medals in Inter-university sports tournaments

Positions of Responsibility:

*Contested for the post of Vice-President, Gymkhana (highest student position of IIT KGP); soapbox attended by 2000 students

1. Vice Captain, Inter-IIT Contingent, IIT Kharagpur- 51st Inter-IIT Sports Meet (IIT Madras)
2. Cricket Captain - Hostel
3. General Secretary, Sports - Hostel
4. Core Organising Team Member of Shaurya (Inter-collegiate sports meet of IIT KGP)
5. Cricket Secretary, Gymkhana

Internships:

1. Housing(dot)com
2. Laboratoire de chimie de coordination, Toulouse (France)
3. Dr.Reddy’s Laboratories
4. Hetero Drugs

Scholarship:

Recipient of INSPIRE scholarship for 5 years.

Can someone please help me understand my chances of making it through EEO. Given that my CGPA and GMAT are on the lower side, do you recommend taking the GMAT again & apply for R2 instead of R1?

Thank you very much for the consideration.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 06:08
pm12345 wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for the Early Entry Option.

GMAT- 700 (V34, Q50, IR 6) - 22nd Sept,2017

10th- 86.6%

12th- 89.6%

Integrated Master of Science - Chemistry (5YR), IIT Kharagpur - 7.41/10

Work experience- 1 year 3 months

EXL Service (1 years 3 months)

Working in Retail & Media vertical of EXL.
My work majorly involves examining data trends and investigating business hypotheses to develop actionable insights and subsequently create front-end data-products for one of the leading global shopping centre companies in the U.S. & U.K

Only fresh recruit out of a batch of 300 to be awarded “Rising Star – Q3 2016” for exceeding management expectations.

Received accelerated promotion within 1 year.

NGO experience:

Mentored 20 socially challenged children (age group 12-14) for their upliftment in Izhevsk, Russia in a volunteering project.

International Experience:

One of the two students all over the world to be selected for summer research position at CNRS, Castres (France)

Awards & Achievements:

1. Institute Blue - Conferred by the Director for contribution to the Sports & Games at IIT Kharagpur and for bringing laurels to the institute in different competitions including Inter-IIT Sports Meet
2. Gold medalist, Cricket, 50th Inter-IIT Sports Meet (IIT-Bombay) - Inter IIT Sports meet is the annual sports meet of Indian Institutes of Technology. The meet is a General Championship consisting of 15 different Sports and Games for both boys and girls.
3. Silver Medalist, Cricket, 49th Inter-IIT Sports Meet (IIT Guwahati)
4. Rising Star - Q3 2016 (EXL Services)
5. Bronze medalist - Inter-Hall Choreography, Football & Hindi Dramatics
6. Hall Blue : for contribution in cricket
7. Special Mention : for hostel related activities
8. Medals in Inter-university sports tournaments

Positions of Responsibility:

*Contested for the post of Vice-President, Gymkhana (highest student position of IIT KGP); soapbox attended by 2000 students

1. Vice Captain, Inter-IIT Contingent, IIT Kharagpur- 51st Inter-IIT Sports Meet (IIT Madras)
2. Cricket Captain - Hostel
3. General Secretary, Sports - Hostel
4. Core Organising Team Member of Shaurya (Inter-collegiate sports meet of IIT KGP)
5. Cricket Secretary, Gymkhana

Internships:

1. Housing(dot)com
2. Laboratoire de chimie de coordination, Toulouse (France)
3. Dr.Reddy’s Laboratories
4. Hetero Drugs

Scholarship:

Recipient of INSPIRE scholarship for 5 years.

Can someone please help me understand my chances of making it through EEO. Given that my CGPA and GMAT are on the lower side, do you recommend taking the GMAT again & apply for R2 instead of R1?

Thank you very much for the consideration.

Hi pm12345,

You have a good profile. Since academics are a crucial part of the EEO, it would make sense to give GMAT another shot (especially if you were scoring higher in mock tests). Boosting GMAT by 20-30 points will make a lot of difference to your application.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 06:54
Hi pm12345,

I am an ISB alum CO14, and through my admission consulting firm, CrackAdmission (www.crackadmission.com) have been assisting applicants in their journey to global business schools. Please find below my evaluation of your profile :

Strengths of your candidature : IIT KGP Brand name, Accelerated Promotion, International Experience, Cricket related honours and positions of responsibilities, Internships across broad spectrum of industries, Consistent Scholarship recipient, NGO Experience with an international community, switch to a research firm after doing a masters in Chemistry.

However, there are certain aspects of your candidature that might pull you down – average GMAT, average CGPA.
I am confident that with a strong application where you demonstrate your strengths and how they will help you to add value to the ISB community, you can definitely raise positive interests of the admission committee in R1 with your current score. Having said that, you will need to showcase very clearly as to how you are certain that you will need ISB’s MBA program, almost 1.5 years before you join the institution. Also, what you will be doing in the next 1 year to make the maximum out of the ISB program and also improve your chances to achieving your post MBA goals.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at contact@crackadmission.com and/or +919701215544 (Calling) in case you want a detailed discussion.

Wish you the very best.

Cheers
CrackAdmission Team

Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 00:24
Hi! It would be really helpful if you could evaluate my profile

Male, 29

Class X: 87% (Tamil Nadu State Board)
Class XII: 92% (Tamil Nadu State Board)
B Com: 78% (GRD School of Commerce and International Business)
Professional qualification: Chartered Accountant

Work experience:

1) 5 years post qualification experience with EY as a tax and corporate law consultant - Currently a manager

2) 3 1/2 years of articleship experience with work involving conducting statutory audits, preparation of projected financial statements for loan syndication, etc

Volunteer experience:

1) 1 1/2 years experience with AIESEC - a global student-run not-for-profit engaged in facilitating student exchanges globally

2) Currently working with Make a Difference (MAD) (engaged in providing support to under-privileged children by way of education support, mentoring, etc) as a fundraising volunteer

GMAT: I currently have a GMAT score of 680

Any guidance would be helpful - Thanks!!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 02:06
Hi Udit,
Trust you are doing well.
I am an ISB alum, CO14, and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys o global business schools for the last few years. Please find below my take on your profile.
ISB loves CA’s to be part of its classroom as CA’s bring the much needed finance/taxation experience to the table. This in itself gives you an edge over a lot of people in the application pool. Having said that, this information is open source and off late a lot of CAs have been applying to ISB thus making the pool more competitive.
Your experience with a global name such as E&Y validates your credentials. However, you will need to clearly state what will be your post MBA goals and how your current experience and ISB’s PGP program will complement to help you achieve the goals.
Apart from the obvious facts as to how a CA adds value to the classroom, you will have to be very specific how you ‘Udit’ will benefit the classroom. This has to be something highly correlated to the specific projects you have worked on and expertise you have developed.
As far as volunteer experience is concerned, you will need to call out what motivates you to contribute, what have you learnt from these engagements, how has it influenced your personality and what impact you have had.
It is common notion that role of a CA is mostly as an individual contributor. Therefore it become critical for you to showcase where and how you have demonstrated leadership and team management.
In a nutshell, with a highly articulated application (Essays + LOR + form) where you portray clarity in your thoughts, you have a good shot at raising interests of the admission committee.
Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +arijit_biswas89 (Skype) in case you want a detailed discussion or need professional assistance.
Wish you the very best !!
Cheers
AB

Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 49

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 06:50
Thanks in advance to evaluate the profile

Background-31M, Indian

GMAT: 660, 51Q, 27Q, Preparing for another attempt

12-86
B.Tech-75 with honor's

Professional: 7+ years of experience. started as an Engineer Trainee at Infosys (India) and then moved on to Technology analyst within 3 years. I was instrumental in doing a PoC (proof of concept) resulting in a multimillion contract. I further built a cross-functional QA team to assist with implementation. Seeing my integrity and technology advances I was chosen to lead the team at the client location and establish deeper relationships, winning employee of the quarter award. I moved on to VMware, USA as a Member of Technical staff responsible for a crucial project with beverage industry leader to create a smart machine and was awarded for going above and beyond to identify an error that saved around $400k

International Work; 4+ years

Extra- Curricular: I use my creativity through Dramatics as a tool to educate people and spread awareness. I was a state level boxer and now help kids interested in boxing with basic training and equipment. I am active with Teach for India and other Non-Profit organizations. I co-founded an environment club In the very first year, we planted 15000 trees around our community and organized educational trips, quizzes, and seminars & guest lectures. This club is being run by current students.

Hobbies: Numismatic, poetry-writing

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 49

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.28
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 08:36
Hi Experts,

Please help evaluate my profile for the ISB - 2018. Below are my details.

GMAT1 - (650) Q47, V33, IR 3, AWA - 5.5 - Date - 22nd July, 2017.

GMAT2 - (680) Q49, V33, IR 4, AWA - 5.5(Guess) - Date - 25th Sep, 2017.

GPA - 3.3/4 (UG - Biotechnology Engineering Grad)
University - VTU (Karnataka)
Class 12 - CBSE - 75%
Class 10 - CBSE - 81%

7 years of Work experience with 3 years Onsite(Unites States)
Experience working with clients from United states, South East Asia - Singapore and Philippines, India and russia (for a very short duration).

Industry - Techno Functional Consultant. Banking and Financial Services Domain. Started working as a Systems Engineer in a Top Tier IT firm in India and now a Banking Domain Consultant.

Responsibilities include Client Meeting and discussion on requirements.
Provide consulting and Functional Expertise for Deposits and Lending Products for a Financial Services client.
Guiding an offshore team of 5 members from India on agile development projects and enhancements.

Extra Curricular - College Cultural Secretary and Placement Coordinator. Part of the College and school cricket team. Have participated and won may cricket tournaments for the inter companies Cricket events in India. Have been involved with Rotary clubs and organised a number of cultural events in the organisation and College. Have been in the organizing committee of the college for various events and International Seminars. Most prominent being an event on Trends in Nanotechnology and Future Developments at the IISC (Indian Institute of Science) Bangalore.

Please let me know if my profile is good enough to land an ISB interview call, or do I need to improve on my GMAT score. The Round 1 deadlines are 20 days away and I need to decide if I go for round 1 with current GMAT score or wait for couple of months , improve my score and opt for Round 2.

Thanks!!

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 33 [1], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 11:47
This post received
KUDOS
deepudiscover wrote:

Background-31M, Indian

12-86
B.Tech-75 with honor's

Professional: 7+ years of experience. started as an Engineer Trainee at Infosys (India) and then moved on to Technology analyst within 3 years. I was instrumental in doing a PoC (proof of concept) resulting in a multimillion contract. I further built a cross-functional QA team to assist with implementation. Seeing my integrity and technology advances I was chosen to lead the team at the client location and establish deeper relationships, winning employee of the quarter award. I moved on to VMware, USA as a Member of Technical staff responsible for a crucial project with beverage industry leader to create a smart machine and was awarded for going above and beyond to identify an error that saved around $400k

Extra- Curricular: I use my creativity through Dramatics as a tool to educate people and spread awareness. I was a state level boxer and now help kids interested in boxing with basic training and equipment. I am active with Teach for India and other Non-Profit organizations. I co-founded an environment club In the very first year, we planted 15000 trees around our community and organized educational trips, quizzes, and seminars & guest lectures. This club is being run by current students.

To improve your chances I would highly recommend re-taking GMAT and get 700+. Thus target R-2 assuming you still need to work on your application. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 33 [1], given: 17

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 42

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 20:57
amitbt00 wrote:
Hi Experts,

Class 12 - CBSE - 75%
Class 10 - CBSE - 81%

Experience working with clients from United states, South East Asia - Singapore and Philippines, India and russia (for a very short duration).

Industry - Techno Functional Consultant. Banking and Financial Services Domain. Started working as a Systems Engineer in a Top Tier IT firm in India and now a Banking Domain Consultant.

Provide consulting and Functional Expertise for Deposits and Lending Products for a Financial Services client.
Guiding an offshore team of 5 members from India on agile development projects and enhancements.

Extra Curricular - College Cultural Secretary and Placement Coordinator. Part of the College and school cricket team. Have participated and won may cricket tournaments for the inter companies Cricket events in India. Have been involved with Rotary clubs and organised a number of cultural events in the organisation and College. Have been in the organizing committee of the college for various events and International Seminars. Most prominent being an event on Trends in Nanotechnology and Future Developments at the IISC (Indian Institute of Science) Bangalore.

Please let me know if my profile is good enough to land an ISB interview call, or do I need to improve on my GMAT score. The Round 1 deadlines are 20 days away and I need to decide if I go for round 1 with current GMAT score or wait for couple of months , improve my score and opt for Round 2.

Thanks!!

You might have to retake the GMAT as the competition is pretty intense for IT. Also, make sure that you do not include College Cultural Secretary & College and school cricket team in your Extra Curricular. Bschools looks for Extra Curricular which are more recent, usually in the last 3 to 4 years. When you say that you have been in the XYZ committee always mention the impact you had, designations alone don't carry much importance.

Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 42

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 85 [1], given: 42

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 21:03
This post received
KUDOS
deepudiscover wrote:

Background-31M, Indian

12-86
B.Tech-75 with honor's

The international experience and extra curricular definitely strengthens your case. If you can get a GMAT of around 700, you should have a strong overall profile.

Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 85 [1], given: 42

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.28
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2017, 05:25
vivek6199 wrote:
amitbt00 wrote:
Hi Experts,

Class 12 - CBSE - 75%
Class 10 - CBSE - 81%

Thanks!!

You might have to retake the GMAT as the competition is pretty intense for IT. Also, make sure that you do not include College Cultural Secretary & College and school cricket team in your Extra Curricular. Bschools looks for Extra Curricular which are more recent, usually in the last 3 to 4 years. When you say that you have been in the XYZ committee always mention the impact you had, designations alone don't carry much importance.

Thanks For the inputs Vivek. I will include more recent extra curriculars and definitely need to improve on my score.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: ISB '19
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.92
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2017, 11:13
Please evaluate my profile...

GMAT score: 700 (Q50,V34,IR8)

Btech (Mechanical Engg) from IIT (ISM) Dhanbad. CGPA of 7.02/10
10th : 91.4 %
12th: 91%

Age 25, Male.
Working exp: 4 years in PSU (Maharatna Company)
Recipient of CBSE scholarship
Should I have to take GMAT again

Target Colleges: ISB, NUS singapore, Insead, LBS

Thanks

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 28 Sep 2017, 11:13

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64    Next  [ 1279 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap