It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 06:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jun 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: ISB '19
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.92
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 14:24
Please evaluate my profile...

GMAT score: 700 (Q50,V34,IR8)

Btech (Mechanical Engg) from IIT (ISM) Dhanbad. CGPA of 7.02/10
10th : 91.4 %
12th: 91%

Age 25, Male.
Working exp: 4 years in PSU (Maharatna Company)
Recipient of CBSE scholarship
Should I have to take GMAT again

Target Colleges: ISB, NUS singapore, Insead, LBS

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Jun 2014
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 00:14
Vaibhav0607 wrote:
Hi vivek6199,

Please find the details below:
age : 28
details of work exp ( industry, function, geography, promotion, leadership evidence): I belong to the IT Pool. I work for an MNC called Accenture. I have worked in TCS in my past. I have been involved in Software development and requirement gathering from client. I have been leading a team of 12 . I am based out of Hyderabad,India.
Post MBA Goals : I am looking to pursue an MBA as i want to excel in the product management field. I have the necessary technical knowledge but i lack the management skills. I would want to enhance my product management skills. Please let me know if a more accurate reflection of my profile or goal is needed for the evaluation.

Best Regards,
Vaibhav


Hi vivek6199,
Could you please help me with this?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 359

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 55

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 02:03
Vaibhav0607 wrote:
Vaibhav0607 wrote:
Hi vivek6199,

Please find the details below:
age : 28
details of work exp ( industry, function, geography, promotion, leadership evidence): I belong to the IT Pool. I work for an MNC called Accenture. I have worked in TCS in my past. I have been involved in Software development and requirement gathering from client. I have been leading a team of 12 . I am based out of Hyderabad,India.
Post MBA Goals : I am looking to pursue an MBA as i want to excel in the product management field. I have the necessary technical knowledge but i lack the management skills. I would want to enhance my product management skills. Please let me know if a more accurate reflection of my profile or goal is needed for the evaluation.

Best Regards,
Vaibhav


Hi vivek6199,
Could you please help me with this?


You job profile is very common. So, 680 would be on the lower side. Try to retake and get a score of 700 atleast.
If you cannot retake the GMAT make sure you highlight your strong leadership stories & serious international experience (if you have) . Also, make sure you find some transferable skills from your current job into product management field.

Another point : Make sure you highlight extra curricular activities from the past 2-3 years. Just being a part of a team and that too 6 years ago wont serve any purpose. So, try to find out some recent extra curricular and community development activities.
_________________

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 55

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 359

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 55

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 02:06
shwet265 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile...

GMAT score: 700 (Q50,V34,IR8)

Btech (Mechanical Engg) from IIT (ISM) Dhanbad. CGPA of 7.02/10
10th : 91.4 %
12th: 91%

Age 25, Male.
Working exp: 4 years in PSU (Maharatna Company)
Recipient of CBSE scholarship
Should I have to take GMAT again

Target Colleges: ISB, NUS singapore, Insead, LBS


Yes, if you are sure that you can improve your score by atleast 20 points withing the next one month or so.
_________________

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 55

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 71

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 24

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 23:48
Hi All,


Please find below a snapshot of my profile
GMAT

Quantitative - 49 -75 percentile
Verbal-35- 76 percentile
AWA-5/6
IR-2/8

Overall Gmat score-690



Engineering graduate from Cochin University( CUSAT) specialised in Computer Science.
Total of 4 years of work experience in Quality analysis in Banking and Finance domain for TCS

Areas of expertise


Domain Expertise: Banking and Finance

Client Servicing
Service Delivery
Stake Holder Management
Vendor Management
Reporting and Analytics
Quality Analysis

*Client Servicing – Understanding client requirement and ensuring service delivery achieves high client satisfaction

*Service Delivery - Managed a team of 5 member in developing automation testing framework which helped the client with USD $143Million savings by reduction of manual efforts and optimized management
*Team Management –Leading a team of five members in Quality Management service and appreciated by the senior management as Most valuable team on evaluation based on project contribution and client appreciation.
*Risk Management - Identify and priorities issues, risks and challenges and escalate to appropriate team members, including management to ensure risk management protocols are aligned and exe
*Reporting -Analysis and Documentation of , Preparation of Daily Status Report ,SIT report to the concerned teams
*Stakeholder Management - Manage multiple stakeholder such as internal team, client and senior management

*Technical Skills
Client servicing
Software Testing:
Automation testing using UFT & Selenium – Cucumber
Web services testing
Soap UI
User Acceptance Testing
Business Analysis

Activities and Hobbies

Dancing, CSR activities at corporate, Volunteering, NGOs

Achievements

Was Awarded the “Star of the Month Award” for contributions and efficient testing and analytical skills at the project level
Received the” Branch Excellence Award FY ‘16 “ for the efficient execution of project at TCS
Received the “The Best Executed project” from client

Languages
Taken up Certification in French Language


What are my chances in ISB? Also , Does ISB give preference for development sector full time work experience? What are the average scores for applicants from that sector?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 24

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Status: Preparing for GMAT!!
Joined: 11 Oct 2015
Posts: 134

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 110

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE: General Management (Entertainment and Sports)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 23:51
Hello, experts and fellow ISB aspirants!

I hope you all had a great weekend. Can you take a minute to review my profile and chances?

Indian, Male, 24 years.

Class X - 89% (Andhra Pradesh State Board)
Class XII/Intermediate - 87% (AP State Board)
BBA - 6.9/10 - First Class (KL University, Vijayawada - NAAC A)
(Dropped out of BTech - in 6 months - to pursue my dream career.

GMAT 1 - 660 47Q, 34V, 3IR, May 25th
GMAT 2 - 700 48Q, 38V, 5IR, Oct 5th

Work Experience - 30 months post-graduation work experience (by the time the class commences.) But 5+ years of overall work experience.

Entrepreneur focusing on Entertainment Industry with expertise in e-commerce. Started up at the age of 18 generating a turnover of around 1 crore in the first fiscal year whilst pursuing BBA. Have incorporated a company, with 5 years of good standing as of today, abroad in the same year to meet international business needs.

A crucial part of a shortlived event management startup. Presided over 10s of entrepreneurship meets in UG university. Part of core marketing team of UG university's marketing team for its national level Science andTechnology fest. Have not participated in a lot of social welfare programs apart from those conducted by the college.

Post-MBA goal: To continue as an entrepreneur scaling my business, entering new and superlative layers of the industry with the learnt skill from B School.

Please review the above profile and help me in choosing alternative schools too.

Regards,
Siva.
_________________

Yours,
Siva Rama Krishna Meka :)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 110

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 327

Kudos [?]: 34 [1], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 04:26
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Sirakri wrote:
Hello, experts and fellow ISB aspirants!

I hope you all had a great weekend. Can you take a minute to review my profile and chances?

Indian, Male, 24 years.

Class X - 89% (Andhra Pradesh State Board)
Class XII/Intermediate - 87% (AP State Board)
BBA - 6.9/10 - First Class (KL University, Vijayawada - NAAC A)
(Dropped out of BTech - in 6 months - to pursue my dream career.

GMAT 1 - 660 47Q, 34V, 3IR, May 25th
GMAT 2 - 700 48Q, 38V, 5IR, Oct 5th

Work Experience - 30 months post-graduation work experience (by the time the class commences.) But 5+ years of overall work experience.

Entrepreneur focusing on Entertainment Industry with expertise in e-commerce. Started up at the age of 18 generating a turnover of around 1 crore in the first fiscal year whilst pursuing BBA. Have incorporated a company, with 5 years of good standing as of today, abroad in the same year to meet international business needs.

A crucial part of a shortlived event management startup. Presided over 10s of entrepreneurship meets in UG university. Part of core marketing team of UG university's marketing team for its national level Science andTechnology fest. Have not participated in a lot of social welfare programs apart from those conducted by the college.

Post-MBA goal: To continue as an entrepreneur scaling my business, entering new and superlative layers of the industry with the learnt skill from B School.

Please review the above profile and help me in choosing alternative schools too.

Regards,
Siva.


Hi Sirakri,

Good profile. Start-up experience is valued at ISB. Your GMAT is good, and the profile can come across as well-differentiated. Why MBA becomes extremely important to your application. If you can clearly articulate your journey and strengths, what you have accomplished and why do you feel the need for an MBA now, you have a good chance.
_________________

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Kudos [?]: 34 [1], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Status: Preparing for GMAT!!
Joined: 11 Oct 2015
Posts: 134

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 110

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE: General Management (Entertainment and Sports)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 05:23
Thanks for your reply Apphelp

I'm trying as much as possible to send out a good application. WIsh me luck!

Apphelp wrote:
Sirakri wrote:
Hello, experts and fellow ISB aspirants!

I hope you all had a great weekend. Can you take a minute to review my profile and chances?

Indian, Male, 24 years.

Class X - 89% (Andhra Pradesh State Board)
Class XII/Intermediate - 87% (AP State Board)
BBA - 6.9/10 - First Class (KL University, Vijayawada - NAAC A)
(Dropped out of BTech - in 6 months - to pursue my dream career.

GMAT 1 - 660 47Q, 34V, 3IR, May 25th
GMAT 2 - 700 48Q, 38V, 5IR, Oct 5th

Work Experience - 30 months post-graduation work experience (by the time the class commences.) But 5+ years of overall work experience.

Entrepreneur focusing on Entertainment Industry with expertise in e-commerce. Started up at the age of 18 generating a turnover of around 1 crore in the first fiscal year whilst pursuing BBA. Have incorporated a company, with 5 years of good standing as of today, abroad in the same year to meet international business needs.

A crucial part of a shortlived event management startup. Presided over 10s of entrepreneurship meets in UG university. Part of core marketing team of UG university's marketing team for its national level Science andTechnology fest. Have not participated in a lot of social welfare programs apart from those conducted by the college.

Post-MBA goal: To continue as an entrepreneur scaling my business, entering new and superlative layers of the industry with the learnt skill from B School.

Please review the above profile and help me in choosing alternative schools too.

Regards,
Siva.


Hi Sirakri,

Good profile. Start-up experience is valued at ISB. Your GMAT is good, and the profile can come across as well-differentiated. Why MBA becomes extremely important to your application. If you can clearly articulate your journey and strengths, what you have accomplished and why do you feel the need for an MBA now, you have a good chance.

_________________

Yours,
Siva Rama Krishna Meka :)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 110

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 71

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 24

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 22:33
AMsac123 wrote:
Hi All,


Please find below a snapshot of my profile
GMAT

Quantitative - 49 -75 percentile
Verbal-35- 76 percentile
AWA-5/6
IR-2/8

Overall Gmat score-690



Engineering graduate from Cochin University( CUSAT) specialised in Computer Science.
Total of 4 years of work experience in Quality analysis in Banking and Finance domain for TCS

Areas of expertise


Domain Expertise: Banking and Finance

Client Servicing
Service Delivery
Stake Holder Management
Vendor Management
Reporting and Analytics
Quality Analysis

*Client Servicing – Understanding client requirement and ensuring service delivery achieves high client satisfaction

*Service Delivery - Managed a team of 5 member in developing automation testing framework which helped the client with USD $143Million savings by reduction of manual efforts and optimized management
*Team Management –Leading a team of five members in Quality Management service and appreciated by the senior management as Most valuable team on evaluation based on project contribution and client appreciation.
*Risk Management - Identify and priorities issues, risks and challenges and escalate to appropriate team members, including management to ensure risk management protocols are aligned and exe
*Reporting -Analysis and Documentation of , Preparation of Daily Status Report ,SIT report to the concerned teams
*Stakeholder Management - Manage multiple stakeholder such as internal team, client and senior management

*Technical Skills
Client servicing
Software Testing:
Automation testing using UFT & Selenium – Cucumber
Web services testing
Soap UI
User Acceptance Testing
Business Analysis

Activities and Hobbies

Dancing, CSR activities at corporate, Volunteering, NGOs

Achievements

Was Awarded the “Star of the Month Award” for contributions and efficient testing and analytical skills at the project level
Received the” Branch Excellence Award FY ‘16 “ for the efficient execution of project at TCS
Received the “The Best Executed project” from client

Languages
Taken up Certification in French Language





What are my chances in ISB? Also , Does ISB give preference for development sector full time work experience? What are the average scores for applicants from that sector?





Dear Experts,

Could you please help me out on the same

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 24

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 327

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 04:32
AMsac123 wrote:
AMsac123 wrote:
Hi All,


Please find below a snapshot of my profile
GMAT

Quantitative - 49 -75 percentile
Verbal-35- 76 percentile
AWA-5/6
IR-2/8

Overall Gmat score-690



Engineering graduate from Cochin University( CUSAT) specialised in Computer Science.
Total of 4 years of work experience in Quality analysis in Banking and Finance domain for TCS

Areas of expertise


Domain Expertise: Banking and Finance

Client Servicing
Service Delivery
Stake Holder Management
Vendor Management
Reporting and Analytics
Quality Analysis

*Client Servicing – Understanding client requirement and ensuring service delivery achieves high client satisfaction

*Service Delivery - Managed a team of 5 member in developing automation testing framework which helped the client with USD $143Million savings by reduction of manual efforts and optimized management
*Team Management –Leading a team of five members in Quality Management service and appreciated by the senior management as Most valuable team on evaluation based on project contribution and client appreciation.
*Risk Management - Identify and priorities issues, risks and challenges and escalate to appropriate team members, including management to ensure risk management protocols are aligned and exe
*Reporting -Analysis and Documentation of , Preparation of Daily Status Report ,SIT report to the concerned teams
*Stakeholder Management - Manage multiple stakeholder such as internal team, client and senior management

*Technical Skills
Client servicing
Software Testing:
Automation testing using UFT & Selenium – Cucumber
Web services testing
Soap UI
User Acceptance Testing
Business Analysis

Activities and Hobbies

Dancing, CSR activities at corporate, Volunteering, NGOs

Achievements

Was Awarded the “Star of the Month Award” for contributions and efficient testing and analytical skills at the project level
Received the” Branch Excellence Award FY ‘16 “ for the efficient execution of project at TCS
Received the “The Best Executed project” from client

Languages
Taken up Certification in French Language





What are my chances in ISB? Also , Does ISB give preference for development sector full time work experience? What are the average scores for applicants from that sector?





Dear Experts,

Could you please help me out on the same


Hi AMsac123,

With an IT profile, you might find it difficult to differentiate yourself in a competitive pool. The GMAT of 690 is below the class average and could have benefited by an increase of 20-30 points. The awards at work definitely help and a lot will now depend on how well can you articulate your strengths and goals in your essays.
_________________

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 06:05
Hi All

I am a B.Tech graduate from a Tier 2 college in India. I have 2 years experience in UCO Bank as Assistant Manager and along with that I have passed Level 2 exam of CFA Program and I do independent Equity Research. I am targeting for the batch of 2019.
SSS- 87.5%
+2- 75.00%
Btech- 68.50%

Need evaluation on my profile.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2016
Posts: 52

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 42

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Statistics
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 07:09
Hi Guys,

Can someone please evaluate my profile.

I am an "Indian IT male" (Please don't stop reading :-D)

GMAT : 730 Q49(75 percentile) V41(91 percentile), IR5, AWA : Yet to come, but I expect a "5".

Experience : 4 Years, Currently working as a Technology Consultant.

• I work closely with clients in Banking and Financial Services industry.
• I am part of a group which looks into the requirements of client and then propose an optimal solution.
• Lead a team of 10 Associates.


Education : Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology.
GPA : 7.5/10.

Other's
• A national level Baseball and Softball player.
• Coordinated many national level technical event in my college, represented my college in many national technical events of other colleges.
• Working with an NGO, I am part of many drives which are conducted on 3rd Saturday of each month, drives such as tree plantation, river cleaning, teaching underprivileged children.

Concentration : Strategy/Management Consulting/Innovation.

What are my chances with this profile?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 42

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 359

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 55

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 15:55
pramraika wrote:
Hi All

I am a B.Tech graduate from a Tier 2 college in India. I have 2 years experience in UCO Bank as Assistant Manager and along with that I have passed Level 2 exam of CFA Program and I do independent Equity Research. I am targeting for the batch of 2019.
SSS- 87.5%
+2- 75.00%
Btech- 68.50%

Need evaluation on my profile.

Many parameters are missing. Please mention your age, GMAT details of work exp ( promotion, leadership evidence), community involvement and most importantly your post MBA goals.
_________________

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 55

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 359

Kudos [?]: 137 [1], given: 55

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 15:59
1
This post received
KUDOS
onkargm wrote:
Hi Guys,

Can someone please evaluate my profile.

I am an "Indian IT male" (Please don't stop reading :-D)

GMAT : 730 Q49(75 percentile) V41(91 percentile), IR5, AWA : Yet to come, but I expect a "5".

Experience : 4 Years, Currently working as a Technology Consultant.

• I work closely with clients in Banking and Financial Services industry.
• I am part of a group which looks into the requirements of client and then propose an optimal solution.
• Lead a team of 10 Associates.


Education : Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology.
GPA : 7.5/10.

Other's
• A national level Baseball and Softball player.
• Coordinated many national level technical event in my college, represented my college in many national technical events of other colleges.
• Working with an NGO, I am part of many drives which are conducted on 3rd Saturday of each month, drives such as tree plantation, river cleaning, teaching underprivileged children.

Concentration : Strategy/Management Consulting/Innovation.

What are my chances with this profile?


You have a very good profile for ISB. More depends upon the evidence of leadership experiences at work. Did you have any promotions and nternational experience and what s the reputation of your firm? Most importantly please be more specific on your post MBA goals and why exactly you need an MBA now.
_________________

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 137 [1], given: 55

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2016
Posts: 128

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 19:24
Can anyone who has submitted his/her application please confirm if they received any confirmation email from ISB post submitting their application? My application portal says application submitted but haven’t received any email. Please advice.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 17

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2016
Posts: 52

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 42

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Statistics
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 02:48
vivek6199 wrote:
onkargm wrote:
Hi Guys,

Can someone please evaluate my profile.

I am an "Indian IT male" (Please don't stop reading :-D)

GMAT : 730 Q49(75 percentile) V41(91 percentile), IR5, AWA : Yet to come, but I expect a "5".

Experience : 4 Years, Currently working as a Technology Consultant.

• I work closely with clients in Banking and Financial Services industry.
• I am part of a group which looks into the requirements of client and then propose an optimal solution.
• Lead a team of 10 Associates.


Education : Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology.
GPA : 7.5/10.

Other's
• A national level Baseball and Softball player.
• Coordinated many national level technical event in my college, represented my college in many national technical events of other colleges.
• Working with an NGO, I am part of many drives which are conducted on 3rd Saturday of each month, drives such as tree plantation, river cleaning, teaching underprivileged children.

Concentration : Strategy/Management Consulting/Innovation.

What are my chances with this profile?


You have a very good profile for ISB. More depends upon the evidence of leadership experiences at work. Did you have any promotions and nternational experience and what s the reputation of your firm? Most importantly please be more specific on your post MBA goals and why exactly you need an MBA now.


Thank you very much for your reply Vivek.

I work in world's leading software product and services provider. A US (New Jersey) based MNC, my organization is a Fortune 500 and a CMMI level 5 company.

I had a promotion last year. I got highest ratings twice in my career. Although, I never got a chance to travel onsite/abroad, I have worked with clients from Americas, Europe and Asia. I have always a been a part of a team which hosts visits of potential clients in our organization, so I usually get to interact with people from different cultures and backgrounds.

Now, talking of my post MBA goals. From last 3 years I have been doing technical consulting, my team keeps track of newest trends and technologies in the market and provide innovative solutions to clients. Now my domain is limited to IT and Technology only. I want to expand it further, I want to bridge a gap between a technical consultant and business analyst.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 42

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 06:32
vivek6199 wrote:
pramraika wrote:
Hi All

I am a B.Tech graduate from a Tier 2 college in India. I have 2 years experience in UCO Bank as Assistant Manager and along with that I have passed Level 2 exam of CFA Program and I do independent Equity Research. I am targeting for the batch of 2019.
SSS- 87.5%
+2- 75.00%
Btech- 68.50%

Need evaluation on my profile.

Many parameters are missing. Please mention your age, GMAT details of work exp ( promotion, leadership evidence), community involvement and most importantly your post MBA goals.



Thanks for your reply

I am 23 years old and planning to give GMAT in December'17.
Right now I am leading a team of 5-6 members involved in performing all operations of the bank, right from handling customers to back office work.

I am a national level badminton player and was the captain of my college badminton team. I was involved in organizing various cultural events in my college and being a member of the placement team, I have organized various placement camps in the college.

I want to move to Equity Research and Portfolio Management post my MBA and for that I am managing a small portfolio as an evaluation of my work.

I want to know my chances and approximate score that I should target.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 06:33
vivek6199 wrote:
pramraika wrote:
Hi All

I am a B.Tech graduate from a Tier 2 college in India. I have 2 years experience in UCO Bank as Assistant Manager and along with that I have passed Level 2 exam of CFA Program and I do independent Equity Research. I am targeting for the batch of 2019.
SSS- 87.5%
+2- 75.00%
Btech- 68.50%

Need evaluation on my profile.

Many parameters are missing. Please mention your age, GMAT details of work exp ( promotion, leadership evidence), community involvement and most importantly your post MBA goals.



Thanks for your reply

I am 23 years old and planning to give GMAT in December'17.
Right now I am leading a team of 5-6 members involved in performing all operations of the bank, right from handling customers to back office work.

I am a national level badminton player and was the captain of my college badminton team. I was involved in organizing various cultural events in my college and being a member of the placement team, I have organized various placement camps in the college.

I want to move to Equity Research and Portfolio Management post my MBA and for that I am managing a small portfolio as an evaluation of my work.

I want to know my chances and approximate score that I should target.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 307

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 37

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 23:43
Hi pramraika,

You have a good profile to get into ISB. Try and score 700+ in your GMAT and take it as early as possible. With your CFA level 2 you have an edge and I'm sure GMAT won't be an issue. A lot of international schools give a GMAT waiver for CFA certified candidates not sure about level 2 candidates. But you can always check with adcoms.
Focus on your GMAT right now and after that on your application. Hope this helps.

Best,
_________________

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 37

Chat Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 04 Aug 2016
Posts: 589

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 140

Location: India
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Premium Member CAT Tests
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 07:44
ag111 wrote:
Can anyone who has submitted his/her application please confirm if they received any confirmation email from ISB post submitting their application? My application portal says application submitted but haven’t received any email. Please advice.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum



Hello ag111,

I don't think they are sending an email confirmation. If the status on the portal is 'Submitted', then I believe you are good to roll.

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 140

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 22 Oct 2017, 07:44

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66    Next  [ 1313 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.