GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 22 Apr 2018, 22:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2018
Posts: 3
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 21:32
Hi, I am planning to take GMAT in July 2018 and will apply to ISB in Oct'18
Please evaluate my profile below:

CBSE X - 92.4
CBSE XII - 90.8

B.Tech IIT Roorkee (2015) - 8.13

Work Ex (Retail analytics)-

EXL Services - (Dec'16 - Present)
Senior consultant - the employee of the quarter (Q3'17)

Axtrira - (Jul'15 - Nov'16)
Associate
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Mar 2016
Posts: 1
CAT Tests
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2018, 03:28
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hello,
This is Snehal.
Can you please evaluate my profile for ISB / IIM B 2019 intake?

BTech Mechanical from College of Engineering Pune with CGPA 7.64

12th : 93.17% Maharashtra state board
10th : 92% Maharashtra state board

Work experience: design and development (RnD) in diesel engine manufacturing MNC ( Cummins), 5 years
Achievements: 1 patent published, 3 in process, other job specific 2 achievements

Leadership experience: Lead 2 manufacturing builds in US

extracurricular: Done stage drama 3 times, no significant achievements to showcase.
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 2790
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2018, 17:22
yesumaliss wrote:
Hello,
This is Snehal.
Can you please evaluate my profile for ISB / IIM B 2019 intake?

BTech Mechanical from College of Engineering Pune with CGPA 7.64

12th : 93.17% Maharashtra state board
10th : 92% Maharashtra state board

Work experience: design and development (RnD) in diesel engine manufacturing MNC ( Cummins), 5 years
Achievements: 1 patent published, 3 in process, other job specific 2 achievements

Leadership experience: Lead 2 manufacturing builds in US

extracurricular: Done stage drama 3 times, no significant achievements to showcase.


Hi Snehal,
It looks like a start to a solid profile; not GMAT yet correct? While everything looks respectable in terms of academics and work experience at a glance, it may not be 'enough' per se given how competitive ISB is, so aim for an above-their-average GMAT and highlight exceptional experiences at work where you went above and beyond what was expected of you, and highlight important personal traits and stories where you can, as well as any community/NGO involvements. Finally, ensure your post-MBA goals are realistic and ambitious, and that you show why ISB is a good fit for you. International experiences can also be a plus, depending upon how much US or other exposure you gained. Good luck to you!
_________________

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Expert Post
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 231
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2018, 22:54
yesumaliss wrote:
Hello,
This is Snehal.
Can you please evaluate my profile for ISB / IIM B 2019 intake?

BTech Mechanical from College of Engineering Pune with CGPA 7.64

12th : 93.17% Maharashtra state board
10th : 92% Maharashtra state board

Work experience: design and development (RnD) in diesel engine manufacturing MNC ( Cummins), 5 years
Achievements: 1 patent published, 3 in process, other job specific 2 achievements

Leadership experience: Lead 2 manufacturing builds in US

extracurricular: Done stage drama 3 times, no significant achievements to showcase.


Hi yesumaliss,

Thanks for writing in.

A lot seems to be working for you on both the academic and professional fronts. However, frankly, at this point, a lot depends on your GMAT score. You must definitely be aiming for something upwards of 720, of course, the higher the better. Besides, you also need to work on preparing a set of essays, wherein there is a sync between your existing experience and goals, and which adequately represent your competencies and skills.

Besides the above, we also recommend that you focus on building your profile - keep performing in your existing role; get some leadership experience in the social sector; try acquiring some international exposure :)

Hope this helps.

All the best! :)
_________________

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 00:06
#ISB
#PROFILE
#EVALUATION

Can anyone evaluate my profile and talk about prospects at ISB and provide me with tips to enhance my profile for a likely convert there ( of course a good GMAT score is must )

10th - 75
12th - 76
Grad - 77( Manipal University - Main Campus )
Work Ex -3 yrs with Honda

1)School -Head boy , Best sportsman for 3 years
2) Placement Coordinator
3)Worked with an NGO at college and Organized events .
4) Started my own NGO after college.
5) German language -A1 level
6) Organized International level events at Honda
7) Google Certified in Adwords and certified in Digital marketing
8. Start up (Initial stage )
9) Will add a couple of Coursera courses too
10) I have my own blogs too - Blogging as a hobby
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jun 2017
Posts: 3
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 01:18
Hello everyone,

Would love to know thoughts on the profile for ISB - (2019 intake)

Gender - Male
Age: 25 years

Work Experience (3.5 years)
2018 - Business Operations at UpGrad for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Program Vertical
2016 - 2018 - Associate Consultant - Worked on Business Transformation Projects, and Leadership Development
2015 - CEO at AIESEC in Mumbai (Non-Profit) - Led an Executive Body of 12 Members with an annual budget of INR 1 crore, driving top-line revenue worth 65 lakhs through four products catering to youth, working professionals, NGOs and corporate clients, led an overall work-force of 200 members
2014 - Headed Operations at AIESEC and worked at Godrej and Boyce as a Supply Chain Associate

Academics:
BE - Mechanical Engineering - Mumbai University
2012 - 2014: Represented the college at National (2012 and 2014 - SAE India) and International Competition (2012-2014) at Formula Student Germany Competitions by building a prototype race-car. Delivered through roles of Project Manager, and Production Engineer
Grade: 60% (First Class)
12th: 78%
10th: 91%

Extra-curricular:
1. AIESEC: Started from a member in 2013 and went on to be elected as the President/CEO of the Mumbai office for the official term of 2015-2016
2. Formula Student Germany Competition in Germany (2012, 2013, 2014)
3. Blogger for AOL Media (2012-2013)
4. Nokia Ambassador
5. State Level Sprinter - 100 metres, 400 metres

GMAT - scheduled for 1st June (highest Mock score has been [i][b]630 in MGMAT Mock)

I know I really have to work on my GMAT score. Maybe around 720.

Would definitely love to know your thoughts on the profile for ISB Application for 2019 intake.

Cheers :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 05:28
Hi All,
I am planning to apply for ISB in R1. I took GMAT last month and got 666(Q-49,V-31,IR-7,AWA-5.5.). I am working in a maharatna PSU and have job ex of around 11.5 yrs. I passed from IIT Dhanbad with B.Tech(Mining Engg.) with 8.4 CGPA. I have diversified job experience though in the same company. Marks in Matriculation (88%), 12th (76 %) from State Board. A NTSE Scholar and also few cetrificate of merit/appreciation during the job period.

On the basis of above information, what are odds in favour of getting into R1? Sould I reattempt GMAT?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 7
Location: India
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 05:59
SUNNYRHODE002

1. With average acads you will need to convince the AdCom that you can manage the academic rigors of the program. No rocket science here- the best way is to score 710/720+ GMAT at least.
2. You have just mentioned 3 years with Honda. What role or profile? How has your career progression been? What have been you achievements? Looking at the only stat you have given (3 years) the AdCom would be curious to know how and why are you ready to do an MBA NOW? (apart from the other usual suspect questions)
3. Some of the extracurricular are not relevant. But many look interesting, namely NGO, Startup, German Language, Blogging etc. But these are just bullet points. The real question is what have you built, learned and achieved in these?

Not much information to shed more light. If you are interested in a detailed profile review- PM me.

All the best.

Varun Sharma

SUNNYRHODE002 wrote:
#ISB
#PROFILE
#EVALUATION

Can anyone evaluate my profile and talk about prospects at ISB and provide me with tips to enhance my profile for a likely convert there ( of course a good GMAT score is must )

10th - 75
12th - 76
Grad - 77( Manipal University - Main Campus )
Work Ex -3 yrs with Honda

1)School -Head boy , Best sportsman for 3 years
2) Placement Coordinator
3)Worked with an NGO at college and Organized events .
4) Started my own NGO after college.
5) German language -A1 level
6) Organized International level events at Honda
7) Google Certified in Adwords and certified in Digital marketing
8. Start up (Initial stage )
9) Will add a couple of Coursera courses too
10) I have my own blogs too - Blogging as a hobby

_________________

Varun Sharma
onembacoach (at) gmail (dot) com

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 7
Location: India
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 06:37
2
This post was
BOOKMARKED
vivek_singh330
First impression is well.. impressive :-D
1. You seem to have great extracurricular experience- make sure you portray this as strong Leadership potential- something the AdCom will be looking for.
2. Not very sure on the work experience front. Maybe I'm not reading this right, but need to understand your company, role and accomplishments better. WIth 4.5 years of work ex (at the time of admission) you just need convincing answer to the most usual MBA questions (Why MBA, Why Now, Why ISB, Why You)
3. On paper acads does look average, but as mentioned you are confident of getting a 720+. That is good.
4. Your overall profile looks strong. Captain Obvious says- as long as you achieve get your targeted GMAT and you have decent essays you are very likely to get the interview call. After that it is your game to lose.

All the best for your GMAT.

Varun Sharma

vivek_singh330 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Would love to know thoughts on the profile for ISB - (2019 intake)

Gender - Male
Age: 25 years

Work Experience (3.5 years)
2018 - Business Operations at UpGrad for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Program Vertical
2016 - 2018 - Associate Consultant - Worked on Business Transformation Projects, and Leadership Development
2015 - CEO at AIESEC in Mumbai (Non-Profit) - Led an Executive Body of 12 Members with an annual budget of INR 1 crore, driving top-line revenue worth 65 lakhs through four products catering to youth, working professionals, NGOs and corporate clients, led an overall work-force of 200 members
2014 - Headed Operations at AIESEC and worked at Godrej and Boyce as a Supply Chain Associate

Academics:
BE - Mechanical Engineering - Mumbai University
2012 - 2014: Represented the college at National (2012 and 2014 - SAE India) and International Competition (2012-2014) at Formula Student Germany Competitions by building a prototype race-car. Delivered through roles of Project Manager, and Production Engineer
Grade: 60% (First Class)
12th: 78%
10th: 91%

Extra-curricular:
1. AIESEC: Started from a member in 2013 and went on to be elected as the President/CEO of the Mumbai office for the official term of 2015-2016
2. Formula Student Germany Competition in Germany (2012, 2013, 2014)
3. Blogger for AOL Media (2012-2013)
4. Nokia Ambassador
5. State Level Sprinter - 100 metres, 400 metres

GMAT - scheduled for 1st June (highest Mock score has been [i][b]630 in MGMAT Mock)

I know I really have to work on my GMAT score. Maybe around 720.

Would definitely love to know your thoughts on the profile for ISB Application for 2019 intake.

Cheers :)

_________________

Varun Sharma
onembacoach (at) gmail (dot) com

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 7
Location: India
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 06:47
ravirjn

Your profile will stand out because of your PSU work ex. But for everything else AdCom will have a lot of questions-
1. Can you handle the intense academic pressure of the course especially after almost 12 years in the industry? Only your GMAT can prove that. I'm not sure how you arrived at a score of 666 (GMAT is always a multiple of 10). My suggestion would be to re-take the GMAT with a target of 700+.
2. Why MBA after 12 years? You need a strong reason for that. What are your goals. Your goals should be realistic for ISB to have confidence to admit you. This is going to be a big question for you.
3. It is strange with such a rich experience you have not mentioned anything about your work accomplishments and what have you done in over a decade. You need to shift your own focus to work related achievements.

Unfortunately, very less information has been provided to give a all round feedback, but I can give you some pointers to help get started.

All the best.

Varun Sharma

ravirjn wrote:
Hi All,
I am planning to apply for ISB in R1. I took GMAT last month and got 666(Q-49,V-31,IR-7,AWA-5.5.). I am working in a maharatna PSU and have job ex of around 11.5 yrs. I passed from IIT Dhanbad with B.Tech(Mining Engg.) with 8.4 CGPA. I have diversified job experience though in the same company. Marks in Matriculation (88%), 12th (76 %) from State Board. A NTSE Scholar and also few cetrificate of merit/appreciation during the job period.

On the basis of above information, what are odds in favour of getting into R1? Sould I reattempt GMAT?

_________________

Varun Sharma
onembacoach (at) gmail (dot) com

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2018, 06:47

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   [ 1470 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.