Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bhaumik93 wrote:
Hello All,

It would be really great if the community could help me evaluate my profile for ISB , planning to join ISB in 2019.

Wanted to know if my GMAT score is good enough- or should i give it one more shot

Education Details

X - 88 %
XII - 87%
UG - Dual Degree from IIT CGPA - 8.34

GMAT - 700

Professional Experience
Strategist, Goldman Sachs - 2016 -Present
Front office strategist, working closely with Sales and Trading to build data driven tools to improve efficiency Trading Desk of Goldman Sachs.

GMAT Score - 700

Achievements/Positions of Responsibility
1) Core-Member , Bangalore Climbing initiatives - Encouraging more people to take up climbing as a sport and working towards making Bangalore, the climbing capital of India
2) Head of Analytics Club for IIT
3) Top 7 teams in DBS-NUS social entrepreneurship challenge among 150+ teams from ASIA
4) Top 10 team in the INDIAAFRICA business venture competition among 100+ teams from India and Africa
5) VP Membership for IIT Toastmasters club, aslo winner of AREA level Humorous speech competition

Hi bhaumik93,

It goes without saying that you have a very strong profile from the viewpoint of ISB. However, to answer your question, yes, of course, you must take another shot at the GMAT! While 700 is not a low score, it is a bit under the ISB average and boosting the score by a few points will improve your chances immensely :)

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 1
Send PM
Hi,

Will be highly obliged if someone can evaluate my profile for ISB
GMAT 710(Q49,V37,IR6,AWA4) 1st attempt

Academics:
B.Tech GPA of 8.42/10
10th : 82.4 % (State board)
12th: 80.75% (State board)

I am 28 years male. Have 6.5 years of working experience in a PSU under the dept. of atomic energy.
Have worked in different areas such as design, commissioning and maintenance of nuclear power plants
Hobbies: Playing Guitar, Cooking, Painting

What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 admission this year?
Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Ayan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for 2019 class of ISB.

I am an Automobile Engineer, currently working with BEML Limited (A Ministry of Defense Undertaking) as Assistant Manager- After Sales Service and would have a total work experience of 7 years by March'2018 of which 4 years in Marketing (after sales services) and 3 years in design and development.

I took my GMAT in Jan' 2018 and got an overall score of 690 (48 Q, 37 V, 5.5 AWA, 4 IR :( ). I am going to attempt GMAT one more time in March 2018 and is aiming for 730 overall score.

10th - 64.67% (HBSE)
12th - 63.00% (CBSE)
B.E. - 72.89% (MDU, Rohtak)

I don't have many certificates to vouch for my extracurriculars except for participating in College fest as discipline committee member. Also, my final year project won best industrial project award.

Current Role: I am looking after after-sales service of BEML Limited. My job requires me to travel extensively in interior areas of J&K along with Army and Border Road Organisation. I am leading a team of 3 service engineers and solve and guide service related issues pertaining to our equipment (Earthmoving machinery). We attend customer calls, provide them warranty support/ guidance to resolve service issues. I manage warranty spare part inventory to cater to future warranty failures and optimise spare inventory for reduced material handling costs. I also maintain all records related to equipment failures and provide regular feedback to production and design teams to avoid future failures and suggest design improvements to optimise equipment efficiency. I monitor equipment performance continuously and boost spare parts sales by recommending a purchase of original spares to customers.

I was promoted once in my total stay of 6 years at BEML Limited.

I love to play Snooker and watch cricket. I am learning to play the flute but is currently a novice.

Post my MBA, I want to take on roles in operation management or strategy.

Target Schools: ISB, IIMA- PGPX, IIMB- EPGP, IIMC- PGPEX and XLRI- GMP (2019 Batch)

Please suggest me some additional courses or activities which I may indulge myself in to upgrade my profile and boost my chances of selection for 2019 batch.

I really appreciate the time you would take out to evaluate my profile. Thank you in advance.
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Pradeeps0013 wrote:
Hello,

I am an Automobile Engineer, currently working with BEML Limited (A Ministry of Defense Undertaking) as Assistant Manager- After Sales Service and would have a total work experience of 7 years by March'2018 of which 4 years in Marketing (after sales services) and 3 years in design and development.

I took my GMAT in Jan' 2018 and got an overall score of 690 (48 Q, 37 V, 5.5 AWA, 4 IR :( ). I am going to attempt GMAT one more time in March 2018 and is aiming for 730 overall score.

10th - 64.67% (HBSE)
12th - 63.00% (CBSE)

I don't have many certificates to vouch for my extracurriculars except for participating in College fest as discipline committee member. Also, my final year project won best industrial project award.

Current Role: I am looking after after-sales service of BEML Limited. My job requires me to travel extensively in interior areas of J&K along with Army and Border Road Organisation. I am leading a team of 3 service engineers and solve and guide service related issues pertaining to our equipment (Earthmoving machinery). We attend customer calls, provide them warranty support/ guidance to resolve service issues. I manage warranty spare part inventory to cater to future warranty failures and optimise spare inventory for reduced material handling costs. I also maintain all records related to equipment failures and provide regular feedback to production and design teams to avoid future failures and suggest design improvements to optimise equipment efficiency. I monitor equipment performance continuously and boost spare parts sales by recommending a purchase of original spares to customers.

I love to play Snooker and watch cricket. I am learning to play the flute but is currently a novice.

Target Schools: ISB, IIMA- PGPX, IIMB- EPGP, IIMC- PGPEX and XLRI- GMP (2019 Batch)

Please suggest me some additional courses or activities which I may indulge myself in to upgrade my profile and boost my chances of selection for 2019 batch.

I really appreciate the time you would take out to evaluate my profile. Thank you in advance.

Hello Pradeeps0013,

Thanks for sharing details about your profile.

Your work experience, complete with managerial exposure, a promotion, and the skill of working in a challenging geography will add much value to your profile. A lot, however, will depend on how well you create your essays i.e how well you are able to portray your skills, achievements, and ability to have an impact on your ISB claa, as well as on your future workplace. The goals definitely seem in line. However, you will need to present the same in a more focused manner, with the short-term and long-term goals flowing in complete sync.

The GMAT is a bit of a concern and it is good to know that you are retaking it. With a 730 and a good set of essays, you have a very strong chance at cracking ISB! :)

Further, with regard to the additional activities you could take up, look for Toastmasters in your vicinity or you could even gain some leadership experience in the CSR domain (more than mere volunteering, look out for leadership roles).

Should you feel the need to discuss your case in greater detail, please reach out to us :)

All the best!

Originally posted by ABatExpertsGlobal on 02 Feb 2018, 23:33.
Last edited by ABatExpertsGlobal on 03 Feb 2018, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
gMatCauthon wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile. Would appreciate some advice on what range of Gmat scores will I need for ISB.

Basics:
29 year old male from India
Planning to appear for Gmat around July’18 for the program commencing in 2019

Academics:
92.5% in Tenth Grade (CBSE)
90.0% in Twelfth Grade (CBSE)
First Division in B Com (Honors) from Sri Venkateswara College (University of Delhi)
Qualified as a Chartered Accountant in November 2012 (multiple attempts)

Work experience:
5 years of experience post qualifying chartered accountancy:
    2 years as a Senior analyst with the M&A Investment Banking team at one of the Big4 accounting firms (Front end) – Worked on several pitches and some live deals; drafted pitchbooks and IMs; built financial models; undertook company/industry research
    3 years as an associate investment manager with a prominent Real Estate Fund in India (AUM $11 bn+) – Worked end-to-end on 11 deals; analysis and execution; monitoring of assigned portfolio of investments; regularly interfacing with investee management/ consultants/ lawyers/ bankers
    I have received good ratings in appraisals throughout and was promoted this year.
Given nature of roles, both positions were with small teams, and thus I do not have any direct leadership experience however I have worked with other functional teams in a supervisory capacity and mentored interns/ trainees.

Prior to all this, I went through the 3.5 years of mandatory training as part of the CA coursework, and worked with the treasury team of a large Indian financing corporation for 9 months before appearing for the CA Final exams.

Extra-curricular:
Competed at CBSE national level in swimming and water polo.
Served as the captain for the aquatics team in senior year of school and throughout college.
Held student council positions in school – prefect, house captain

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. :-)

Hi gMatCauthon,

Apologies for the delayed response. Nonetheless, we do hope this will be of help to you :)

You definitely have a strong profile with academics and work experience both in good shape and relevant and while you may not have direct managerial exposure, your experience with leading and mentoring trainees will definitely count as leadership experience. There are, in short, two things that you will need to focus on:

- Crafting a set of essays which are representative of your skill-set and adequately demonstrate your potential to contribute in various capacities. Secondly, and very importantly, you will need to put forth a set of career goals, wherein the short-term and long-term goals align seamlessly with your current work ex :)
- The GMAT score you should be targetting must definitely be upwards of 700. Of course, higher the better :)

In case you need any other help, please reach out to us.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
ABatExpertsGlobal wrote:
Pradeeps0013 wrote:
Hello,

10th - 64.67% (HBSE)
12th - 63.00% (CBSE)

Hello Pradeeps0013,

Thanks for sharing details about your profile.

Your work experience, complete with managerial exposure, a promotion, and the skill of working in a challenging geography will add much value to your profile. A lot, however, will depend on how well you create your essays i.e how well you are able to portray your skills, achievements, and ability to have an impact on your ISB claa, as well as on your future workplace. The goals definitely seem in line. However, you will need to present the same in a more focused manner, with the short-term and long-term goals flowing in complete sync.

The GMAT is a bit of a concern and it is good to know that you are retaking it. With a 730 and a good set of essays, you have a very strong chance at cracking ISB! :)

Further, with regard to the additional activities you could take up, look for Toastmasters in your vicinity or you could even gain some leadership experience in the CSR domain (more than mere volunteering, look out for leadership roles).

Should you feel the need to discuss your case in greater detail, please reach out to us :)

All the best!

Thank you very much for taking out time to write back.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DB using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Send PM
Expert Reply
satarupa wrote:
Hello All,

I am a 26 years old Indian female targeting for 2019 session. Would like to gain some insights about my profile as below:

Work exp :
4.5 years in automotive industry (4yrs - Bosch Ltd, past 6 months in Mercedes-Benz India)
- 1 year in shop floor process engineering( as Graduate engineer trainee)
- 3.5 years in end to end supply chain management with some key achievements :
- handled inventory value worth about 12% of the total turnover of the division.My team consisted of 2 nonpayroll employees.
- managed a project successfully automating a part of the supply chain network thereby saving 3 man hours per day.
- initiated a lean supply chain project reducing the turn around time in the network by 60% resulting a significant increase in
customer service levels.

Academics :
B.Tech (Mech) - 7.21/10
12th - 68%
10th - 84%

non academic qualification : Senior diploma in Hindustani classical vocal music.
Extracurricular activities : Not much in recent years except the first point, however some points as below :
- Regularly organize talk sessions in line with TEDx in office.
- have been part of organizing committee of college cultural fests.
- have won various accolades in GD , music in school and junior college.

Would like to hear from experts and fellow members.

Regards,
Satarupa Pradhan

Hi satarupa,

WIth significant achievements at work, some leadership experience, and experience in the automotive domain (slightly differentiated), you definitely have a favourable profile :)

Having said the above, you must focus on a score upwards of 700, along with getting some leadership experience in the CSR domain/NGO. Basically, look at adding a few more talking points to your profile :)

All the best! :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ayan4 wrote:
Hi,

Will be highly obliged if someone can evaluate my profile for ISB
GMAT 710(Q49,V37,IR6,AWA4) 1st attempt

Academics:
B.Tech GPA of 8.42/10
10th : 82.4 % (State board)
12th: 80.75% (State board)

I am 28 years male. Have 6.5 years of working experience in a PSU under the dept. of atomic energy.
Have worked in different areas such as design, commissioning and maintenance of nuclear power plants
Hobbies: Playing Guitar, Cooking, Painting

What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 admission this year?
Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Ayan

Hi Ayan4

Thanks for sharing your details.

While the extent of your professional experience and GPA look in good shape, much will depend on your work-place achievements, leadership experience, and team skills and since you have not shared the same in detail, it will be a bit difficult for us to comment on the same. Certainly, the GMAT score is also alright. However, considering you were able to score this in only one attempt, we suggest you retake the test once more (you will definitely be able to boost this :)). Further, considering there is still some time at hand, we suggest that you add some additional talking points to your profile in terms of CSR experience/Toastmaster etc. :)

In short, you do have a good chance at cracking ISB, already but if you keep the above points in mind, you will immensely boost your chances :)

In case you need any other help, please reach out to us.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks , ABatExpertsGlobal

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Send PM
Expert Reply
taruntejp wrote:
10th: 89%
12th: 90%
B.Tech in Mechatronics at SRM University: 8.16/10 (81.6%)
Below is my short SOP for other college. Kindly evaluate my profile. Are there any chances for ISB call?
I need to take my GMAT yet. What score is ideal for me.

"The best of our capabilities and strengths are tested and improved when we willingly take on challenges. Since my childhood I have done exactly that, finding a solution to every problem that I am faced with thus creating a confidence to take charge of my destiny. I have been intrigued by the intricacies involved in everyday businesses while I worked for Aaruush, the Tech Fest at SRM University. As part of my responsibilities, I visited Andhra Pradesh campaigning for our college fest and brought a record 250 plus registrations which has since become the benchmark. Being a strong academic performer helped in securing employment in the first placement session itself while in my final year of graduation.
While working for Cognizant Technology Solutions, I quickly and successfully grasped the work pattern and the team structure that exists at MNC’s. My skills where recognized when my onsite manager put me in charge to develop a new method of software testing using SOAP UI tool. Later I joined our family business where my prime responsibilities included developing strategic project goals, creating team structure and assigning tasks. It enlightened me about employee psychology, team management, decision making and handling critical situations.
Being a person who has always appreciated aesthetic perfection with simplicity at work, web development is a field that I have incorporated that in. Apart from my family business, I developed a website "mpag.in" and later started a web development company named "Bright Look", taking on small-scale web development projects. This was aided by my knowledge on coding and work experience gained at CTS and the confidence of running the family business.
My journey thus far has made me realize, to take up higher management roles and to create a niche in current competitive market scenario, one must have a strong insight into managerial skills. With its high quality mentoring and excellent exposure towards the competitive business world, I strongly believe that a premier institute like --------- at this point in my career would help me understand the nuances of business and management."

Work experience:
Cognizant Technology Solutions - 10months (Sep 2015 - Jul 2016)
Family business - till date (Jul 2016 - till date)

Sent from my Mi A1 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi taruntejp,

You have a fine academic background and that will certainly be a positive. However, the SOP will need a lot more working upon for example (and most importantly): your career goals are completely absent from the same. Please remember that the career goals must be in complete sync with your existing professional experience.

The GMAT score you must target depends, among other things, on the schools you are looking to apply to. However, in the case of ISB, you must definitely be targetting upwards of 710! :) The higher the better :)

We would like to take this opportunity to offer you a free profile evaluation. Should you feel the need for the same, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Please rate my profile:

GMAT:700 (Q-49,V-35, IR-6)

10th Class: 91% (ICSE)

12th Class: 88.6% (CBSE)

College: IIT ROORKEE

College CGPA: 7.693/10 (81.93%)

Work Experience of 4 years in Data Science

CFA Level 2 Cleared

Played football and Badminton at college level and I manage my own equity portfolio as well.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Susheem wrote:
Please rate my profile:

CFA Level 2 Cleared

Played football and Badminton at college level and I manage my own equity portfolio as well.

Hi Susheem,

Thanks for sharing the details.

You have a fine pedigree and a profile complete with good academic grades. The GMAT, too, is alright. However, we would recommend that if possible, consider retaking the same to improve upon your verbal score.

For a detailed profile evaluation, we will require more information in terms of your leadership abilities, professional achievements, and technical skill-set. Feel free to share the same with us :)

All the best!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Susheem wrote:
Please rate my profile:

CFA Level 2 Cleared

Hi Susheem,

What do you do at work dude? we'll need to understand your work experience/ achievements/ impact and how the CFA fits into your story to give you a profile analysis. Fill us in on the details.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Pradeeps0013 wrote:
Hello,

Hi Pradeep,

B-schools have increasingly been accepting applicants from PSUs so that's a good sign. That said, much will depend upon your profile and what YOU bring to the table. A key criterion for admission is the impact you have made in your professional life, which essentially means, what are your work-related achievements? I'd like to understand what your key achievements at work at - how have you impacted the costs/profitability?

Second, a promotion in six years seems in line with the company norm or is this an early promotion?

Third, your extracurricular activities are a little dated. You were in college atleast 6-7 years ago, and you don't seem to have done much since then. Well, starting the application process early has its advantages and you can benefit from it- get involved in some volunteering activities. I always suggest applicants to chase one activity but build some depth in it. Again, impact and achievements are important here as well.

Fourth, retaking the GMAT is a good idea, but at the same time, do work upon the points listed above- if your after sales service role does not give you much opportunity to make quantitative impact, work out how you can enhance your role within your organization - we could probably discuss this offline- feel free to reach out by filling the profile evaluation form (link in signature).

Fifth- your goals. A role in operations management ties in with your current experience. However, in the application, you will have to be very clear about the role/position and companies that you will work for. You will also have to be aspirational - your post MBA goal should not be something you can achieve easily without an MBA. Internal strategy roles are few and far-between, so you should mention these only if you have identified some of these recruiting at your target b-schools.

Sixth, I am happy that you have selected a range of business schools to apply to. It maximizes your chances of admissions. Although the GMAt score of 690 is just about ok for ISB, but when you are applying to so many colleges, a retake is a safer strategy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi,

Can you Please evaluate my profile. I am targeting GMAT around June 2018

Me:
- 31 yr old Indian Male
- Did my schooling from CBSE board- ~12 Years, Grades : 73.8% Xth, 62.2% XIIth
- Engineering from Indore Institute of Science and Technology (RGTU Bhopal) with 73.75 %

Extra curricular:
-Good Athlete at school and college level (Had various certificates and medals)
-Have been part of College Cultural and Sports committee.
-Played Cricket and Football in school (at school level and college level),was into debating in school and college.
-Was House Captain in the Year 2001.
-Was Head boy in the year 2002.
-Have been part of organizing committee for fests in college.
-Am part of the CSR team in my organization.
-In addition to this, I had also given tuitions to the needed, not working with any organisation but on my own, as I always believed that Education is the one thing that can create difference.

Work Experience:
- Will complete 7 years in march 2018 in the IT sector firms. (Currently working as a Sr Software Engineer, Role BA/QA Role)
- One year Client Side Experience (Currently working in Johannesburg, South Africa at Client Location)
- After Engg, for 1.5 years I have an experience as Lecturer and also as Business Development for one of the Institutions.

I am not sure what GMAT score will I need and with my current profile, And will I be able to target ISB after a good GMAT score considering my academics, work experience and also taking into account the huge pool of applicants from, which is as (Indian IT Male). So can you please let me know in which areas I can improve so that I can make my application look good and substantial? and considering all the above aspects of my profile will I be able to target ISB (Esp in terms of age factor, I have heard ISB is reluctant in taking candidates above 30 years of age).

Any kind of inputs will be appreciated.

Also which colleges I should can target in India or abroad.

Looking forward to your response.
Thanks
Prashant Gupta
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.04
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Please review my profile for the ISB 2020 batch admissions:

X- 86%
XII- 77%
B.Tech (Civil)- 7.63 CGPA from a top 5 National Institute of Technology

Workex- 31 months till date (Will be around 40 months when I am planning to apply) in a 'Special Purpose Vehicle' of the Government of India and State Government. I have worked in the Tendering Section of a couple of massive public transportation projects worth US$ 3 Billion (INR 20,000 Cr.) in total. I had huge exposure while working here such as interacting with railway board members, managing supreme court cases, preparing monthly fund disbursement plans & timelines for funds to be received from international funding agencies such as World Bank, EIB, etc. and working in independent capacity directly under the MD for about 6 months. I have had consultants, much senior and experienced to me being instructed by me during these last 6 months. I also got a couple of back to back promotions in the organization and working at managerial position right now.

Extra Curriculars-
Wrote fictional stories on a famous website. One of these stories was within the top 3 of the genre for a long time.
Played guitar in a couple of events.
Participated in street play event in college and won second prize.
Organised a business event in college.
Almost nil during job.

Co curriculars-
Nothing too stellar during college, just won a couple of district level math and science competitions/scholarships during my school days.

I am aiming for my MBA in Strategy and Leadership from ISB as well as industry specialization in Infrastructure. Although my work-ex provided me extraordinary learning opportunities and exposure, I feel that I am achieving stagnation, lower growth (having been working in a government organization) and lack of challenging assignments in my current domain of work. I want to carry my experience of working in massive infrastructure projects and apply them to grow in business and strategy consulting after MBA. I am hoping that an year at ISB would enable me to bridge the gap between what I know and how to apply them in consulting profiles.

I am planning to appear for GMAT this summer and aiming for a score of around 750. Kindly evaluate my profile and let me know of my realistic chances to get a call from ISB. Based on this evaluation, I will have to decide whether I should go for a 2 year MBA from an average college this year or aim for ISB.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.04
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Sorry to have posted this request here and not in the relevant thread. Based on my profile evaluation, I have to take an important decision by the end of this week.

Please review my profile for the ISB 2020 batch admissions:

X- 86%
XII- 77%
B.Tech (Civil)- 7.63 CGPA from a top 5 National Institute of Technology

Workex- 31 months till date (Will be around 40 months when I am planning to apply) in a 'Special Purpose Vehicle' of the Government of India and State Government. I have worked in the Tendering Section of a couple of massive public transportation projects worth US$ 3 Billion (INR 20,000 Cr.) in total. I had huge exposure while working here such as interacting with railway board members, managing supreme court cases, preparing monthly fund disbursement plans & timelines for funds to be received from international funding agencies such as World Bank, EIB, etc. and working in independent capacity directly under the MD for about 6 months. I have had consultants, much senior and experienced to me being instructed by me during these last 6 months. I also got a couple of back to back promotions in the organization and working at managerial position right now.

Extra Curriculars-
Wrote fictional stories on a famous website. One of these stories was within the top 3 of the genre for a long time.
Played guitar in a couple of events.
Participated in street play event in college and won second prize.
Organised a business event in college.
Almost nil during job.

Co curriculars-
Nothing too stellar during college, just won a couple of district level math and science competitions/scholarships during my school days.

I am aiming for my MBA in Strategy and Leadership from ISB as well as industry specialization in Infrastructure. Although my work-ex provided me extraordinary learning opportunities and exposure, I feel that I am achieving stagnation, lower growth (having been working in a government organization) and lack of challenging assignments in my current domain of work. I want to carry my experience of working in massive infrastructure projects and apply them to grow in business and strategy consulting after MBA. I am hoping that an year at ISB would enable me to bridge the gap between what I know and how to apply them in consulting profiles.

I am planning to appear for GMAT this summer and aiming for a score of around 750. Kindly evaluate my profile and let me know of my realistic chances to get a call from ISB. Based on this evaluation, I will have to decide whether I should go for a 2 year MBA from an average college this year or aim for ISB.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  73   74   75   76   77  ...  307