GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 23:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Experts' Global Representative
G
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2018, 22:54
yesumaliss wrote:
Hello,
This is Snehal.
Can you please evaluate my profile for ISB / IIM B 2019 intake?

BTech Mechanical from College of Engineering Pune with CGPA 7.64

12th : 93.17% Maharashtra state board
10th : 92% Maharashtra state board

Work experience: design and development (RnD) in diesel engine manufacturing MNC ( Cummins), 5 years
Achievements: 1 patent published, 3 in process, other job specific 2 achievements

Leadership experience: Lead 2 manufacturing builds in US

extracurricular: Done stage drama 3 times, no significant achievements to showcase.

Hi yesumaliss,

Thanks for writing in.

A lot seems to be working for you on both the academic and professional fronts. However, frankly, at this point, a lot depends on your GMAT score. You must definitely be aiming for something upwards of 720, of course, the higher the better. Besides, you also need to work on preparing a set of essays, wherein there is a sync between your existing experience and goals, and which adequately represent your competencies and skills.

Besides the above, we also recommend that you focus on building your profile - keep performing in your existing role; get some leadership experience in the social sector; try acquiring some international exposure :)

Hope this helps.

All the best! :)

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern
B
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 00:06
#ISB
#PROFILE
#EVALUATION

Can anyone evaluate my profile and talk about prospects at ISB and provide me with tips to enhance my profile for a likely convert there ( of course a good GMAT score is must )

10th - 75
12th - 76
Grad - 77( Manipal University - Main Campus )
Work Ex -3 yrs with Honda

1)School -Head boy , Best sportsman for 3 years
2) Placement Coordinator
3)Worked with an NGO at college and Organized events .
4) Started my own NGO after college.
5) German language -A1 level
6) Organized International level events at Honda
7) Google Certified in Adwords and certified in Digital marketing
8. Start up (Initial stage )
9) Will add a couple of Coursera courses too
10) I have my own blogs too - Blogging as a hobby
Intern
Intern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 01:18
Hello everyone,

Would love to know thoughts on the profile for ISB - (2019 intake)

Gender - Male

Work Experience (3.5 years)
2018 - Business Operations at UpGrad for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Program Vertical
2016 - 2018 - Associate Consultant - Worked on Business Transformation Projects, and Leadership Development
2015 - CEO at AIESEC in Mumbai (Non-Profit) - Led an Executive Body of 12 Members with an annual budget of INR 1 crore, driving top-line revenue worth 65 lakhs through four products catering to youth, working professionals, NGOs and corporate clients, led an overall work-force of 200 members
2014 - Headed Operations at AIESEC and worked at Godrej and Boyce as a Supply Chain Associate

Academics:
BE - Mechanical Engineering - Mumbai University
2012 - 2014: Represented the college at National (2012 and 2014 - SAE India) and International Competition (2012-2014) at Formula Student Germany Competitions by building a prototype race-car. Delivered through roles of Project Manager, and Production Engineer
Grade: 60% (First Class)
12th: 78%
10th: 91%

Extra-curricular:
1. AIESEC: Started from a member in 2013 and went on to be elected as the President/CEO of the Mumbai office for the official term of 2015-2016
2. Formula Student Germany Competition in Germany (2012, 2013, 2014)
3. Blogger for AOL Media (2012-2013)
4. Nokia Ambassador
5. State Level Sprinter - 100 metres, 400 metres

GMAT - scheduled for 1st June (highest Mock score has been [i][b]630 in MGMAT Mock)

I know I really have to work on my GMAT score. Maybe around 720.

Would definitely love to know your thoughts on the profile for ISB Application for 2019 intake.

Cheers :)
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IIMA
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 05:28
Hi All,
I am planning to apply for ISB in R1. I took GMAT last month and got 666(Q-49,V-31,IR-7,AWA-5.5.). I am working in a maharatna PSU and have job ex of around 11.5 yrs. I passed from IIT Dhanbad with B.Tech(Mining Engg.) with 8.4 CGPA. I have diversified job experience though in the same company. Marks in Matriculation (88%), 12th (76 %) from State Board. A NTSE Scholar and also few cetrificate of merit/appreciation during the job period.

On the basis of above information, what are odds in favour of getting into R1? Sould I reattempt GMAT?
Intern
Intern
B
Please Evaluate my Profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 09:44
Hi ,

Please Evaluate my profile and suggest how can I improve my chances of getting shortlisted in ISB or any other Good Indian B-school.

I am working in IT sector from 4 years in a Telecom project as a project coordinator/ implementor.
I am planning to give the GMAT by next month . I am getting around 690-710 in Mock tests .

10th - 85%
12th - 74%
B.Tech ECE - 74%

I have done the below certificates and thinking of preparing for PMP after taking GMAT

1) PRINCE 2 Certified
2) ITIL v3 foundation
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 05:59
SUNNYRHODE002

1. With average acads you will need to convince the AdCom that you can manage the academic rigors of the program. No rocket science here- the best way is to score 710/720+ GMAT at least.
2. You have just mentioned 3 years with Honda. What role or profile? How has your career progression been? What have been you achievements? Looking at the only stat you have given (3 years) the AdCom would be curious to know how and why are you ready to do an MBA NOW? (apart from the other usual suspect questions)
3. Some of the extracurricular are not relevant. But many look interesting, namely NGO, Startup, German Language, Blogging etc. But these are just bullet points. The real question is what have you built, learned and achieved in these?

Not much information to shed more light. If you are interested in a detailed profile review- PM me.

All the best.

Varun Sharma

SUNNYRHODE002 wrote:
#ISB
#PROFILE
#EVALUATION

Can anyone evaluate my profile and talk about prospects at ISB and provide me with tips to enhance my profile for a likely convert there ( of course a good GMAT score is must )

10th - 75
12th - 76
Grad - 77( Manipal University - Main Campus )
Work Ex -3 yrs with Honda

1)School -Head boy , Best sportsman for 3 years
2) Placement Coordinator
3)Worked with an NGO at college and Organized events .
4) Started my own NGO after college.
5) German language -A1 level
6) Organized International level events at Honda
7) Google Certified in Adwords and certified in Digital marketing
8. Start up (Initial stage )
9) Will add a couple of Coursera courses too
10) I have my own blogs too - Blogging as a hobby

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 06:37
vivek_singh330
First impression is well.. impressive :-D
1. You seem to have great extracurricular experience- make sure you portray this as strong Leadership potential- something the AdCom will be looking for.
2. Not very sure on the work experience front. Maybe I'm not reading this right, but need to understand your company, role and accomplishments better. WIth 4.5 years of work ex (at the time of admission) you just need convincing answer to the most usual MBA questions (Why MBA, Why Now, Why ISB, Why You)
3. On paper acads does look average, but as mentioned you are confident of getting a 720+. That is good.
4. Your overall profile looks strong. Captain Obvious says- as long as you achieve get your targeted GMAT and you have decent essays you are very likely to get the interview call. After that it is your game to lose.

All the best for your GMAT.

Varun Sharma

vivek_singh330 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Gender - Male

2018 - Business Operations at UpGrad for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Program Vertical
2016 - 2018 - Associate Consultant - Worked on Business Transformation Projects, and Leadership Development
2015 - CEO at AIESEC in Mumbai (Non-Profit) - Led an Executive Body of 12 Members with an annual budget of INR 1 crore, driving top-line revenue worth 65 lakhs through four products catering to youth, working professionals, NGOs and corporate clients, led an overall work-force of 200 members
2014 - Headed Operations at AIESEC and worked at Godrej and Boyce as a Supply Chain Associate

Academics:
BE - Mechanical Engineering - Mumbai University
2012 - 2014: Represented the college at National (2012 and 2014 - SAE India) and International Competition (2012-2014) at Formula Student Germany Competitions by building a prototype race-car. Delivered through roles of Project Manager, and Production Engineer
Grade: 60% (First Class)
12th: 78%
10th: 91%

Extra-curricular:
1. AIESEC: Started from a member in 2013 and went on to be elected as the President/CEO of the Mumbai office for the official term of 2015-2016
2. Formula Student Germany Competition in Germany (2012, 2013, 2014)
3. Blogger for AOL Media (2012-2013)
4. Nokia Ambassador
5. State Level Sprinter - 100 metres, 400 metres

GMAT - scheduled for 1st June (highest Mock score has been [i][b]630 in MGMAT Mock)

Would definitely love to know your thoughts on the profile for ISB Application for 2019 intake.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 06:47
ravirjn

Your profile will stand out because of your PSU work ex. But for everything else AdCom will have a lot of questions-
1. Can you handle the intense academic pressure of the course especially after almost 12 years in the industry? Only your GMAT can prove that. I'm not sure how you arrived at a score of 666 (GMAT is always a multiple of 10). My suggestion would be to re-take the GMAT with a target of 700+.
2. Why MBA after 12 years? You need a strong reason for that. What are your goals. Your goals should be realistic for ISB to have confidence to admit you. This is going to be a big question for you.
3. It is strange with such a rich experience you have not mentioned anything about your work accomplishments and what have you done in over a decade. You need to shift your own focus to work related achievements.

Unfortunately, very less information has been provided to give a all round feedback, but I can give you some pointers to help get started.

All the best.

Varun Sharma

ravirjn wrote:
Hi All,
I am planning to apply for ISB in R1. I took GMAT last month and got 666(Q-49,V-31,IR-7,AWA-5.5.). I am working in a maharatna PSU and have job ex of around 11.5 yrs. I passed from IIT Dhanbad with B.Tech(Mining Engg.) with 8.4 CGPA. I have diversified job experience though in the same company. Marks in Matriculation (88%), 12th (76 %) from State Board. A NTSE Scholar and also few cetrificate of merit/appreciation during the job period.

On the basis of above information, what are odds in favour of getting into R1? Sould I reattempt GMAT?

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: Please evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 07:00
Hello streetcode :-)

1. Acads- Check. You are good to go. The AdCom will have confidence from your past scores and GMAT that you will be able to handle the program.
2. Work Ex- Dude. Why so Passive ;) ? Don't write 'Done this and Done that'. Instead write 'Achieved this and Accomplished that'. How you portray your story is an attitude. Very difficult to judge based on the information provided.
3. Extracurricular- Interesting. Bring out the passion, why you do what you do. And keep building on the good work.
4. Goals- Sound good. Are too broad, you will need to find out the five WHYs of it.
5. Goals for next year- Toastmasters is always good. Regarding your background how do you plan to differentiate yourself from the oft repeated Indian, IT, Male?
6. Is my profile on the strong side (please rate out of 10)- More information is needed to give a detailed feedback. Have provided what I could based on the info.
7. What should I add to my to do list, to make my profile irresistible for Adcomm?[/quote]- Keep expanding the list your goals and extracurricular with a focus on 'WHY?' Do an activity because you want to not for the sake of MBA

All the very best :thumbup:

streetcode wrote:
hello all
I am a 4rth year BTech student. I would really appreciate if you could evaluate my profile For ISB early entry option(EEO) and answer my follow up questions.

-------------Acads-------------
10th:- 82% CBSE
12th:- 89% CBSE (Computer Science School Topper 99%)
Btech(Computer Science) :- 73% USIT college(Private) -- University:-GGSIPU-- (Tier 2 college i think)
GMAT:-720

----------Work Experience--------
1) Done an internship in a Very Well reputed government organization (confidential). Here I Lead a team of 10 members to build one of their main project which is live now.
The project was their Website and android app.
2) Done another internship in DRDO, Nagpur. Here again, lead a team of 4 members to completion of a project.
The project was the software which was later put to use by civil engineers

-----------Extra Cocurricular/ Achievement-----------
1) Won Internship through a hackathon which was organized at national level. there were 1200 teams out of which my who won.
2) Got into top 10 positions in another national level hackathon out of 130 teams.
3) I am a four-star coder at Codechef.
4) Secured 1st rank out of 30 participants in hackathon contest in college.
5) Was a headhunter(Recruiter) for a club in my college.
6) Organised people in Various college events like fests and sports events.

-----------Goal-----------
Sub Goal 1:- To get into product management line in reputed Company
Sub Goal 2:- After Working for few years in Product management line build my own product or service company.

-----To do for next one year---
1) Join Toast Master Club
2) Joining an IT product Company

-------My questions-------
assuming I wrote an average level essay and have an average level recommendations
1) Is my profile on the strong side (please rate out of 10)?
2) What should I add to my todo list, to make my profile irresistible for Adcomm?

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: Please Evaluate my Profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 07:08
Hi naina0001

Unfortunately the information provided is too generic to give a detailed feedback. :(
I will try to give some pointers, but as I said- limited information.

1. How will you differentiate yourself from the vast IT pool?
2. Usual suspect questions- Why MBA, Why Now, Why ISB, Why you? Can't comment without knowing your future goals.
3. No brainer here- target 700+ GMAT.
4. No work achievements mentioned so again difficult to state anything here on work or leadership front.

How you look at your own profile is how you will tell it to the AdCom.
So start looking at your profile not in terms of bullet points and statistics but Progression and Achievements.
If you wish a detailed profile review your could PM me.

All the very best :thumbup:

naina0001 wrote:
Hi ,

Please Evaluate my profile and suggest how can I improve my chances of getting shortlisted in ISB or any other Good Indian B-school.

I am working in IT sector from 4 years in a Telecom project as a project coordinator/ implementor.
I am planning to give the GMAT by next month . I am getting around 690-710 in Mock tests .

10th - 85%
12th - 74%
B.Tech ECE - 74%

I have done the below certificates and thinking of preparing for PMP after taking GMAT

1) PRINCE 2 Certified
2) ITIL v3 foundation

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Director
Director
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Please Evaluate my Profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 08:00
naina0001 wrote:
Hi ,

10th - 85%
12th - 74%
B.Tech ECE - 74%

1) PRINCE 2 Certified
2) ITIL v3 foundation

Hi
Your profile seems good. But you also need to highlight the achievements on there work front and the management qualities you have shown in work. Apart from this a GMAT score of 700+ will definitely help.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: Please Evaluate My Profile for ISB (Urgent)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2018, 08:41
tush1992
Let me try to break this simply. Some of the points will feel very obvious, but that is the downside of having your profile evaluated by a stranger based on a few bullet points and statistics.

1. Acads- Average. Nothing stellar. Will need a strong GMAT to convince of your ability to handle the academic pressure for one year. Nothing like the 750 that you are confident of.
2. Work Ex- Will make you stand out. But bring out your achievements rather than your responsibilities.
3. Career Goals- Need a finer reason for WHY MBA? Are you sure someone with your experience needs an MBA? Also will 40 months of experience allow you to make a shift into consulting? Speak to alumni or other experts and see if this is possible at ISB. You don't want to mention unrealistic expectations to AdCom.
4. Leadership Potential- Not much mentioned
5. Communication Skills- Again stating the obvious- will need strong essays to communicate your reasons
6. Diversity- Definitely strong here. As long as all of the above tie well with your application you have a chance to get an interview call.

To conclude- you have a decent shot at ISB- do well at GMAT, write great applications.

All the very best.

tush1992 wrote:
Sorry to have posted this request here and not in the relevant thread. Based on my profile evaluation, I have to take an important decision by the end of this week.

Please review my profile for the ISB 2020 batch admissions:

X- 86%
XII- 77%
B.Tech (Civil)- 7.63 CGPA from a top 5 National Institute of Technology

Workex- 31 months till date (Will be around 40 months when I am planning to apply) in a 'Special Purpose Vehicle' of the Government of India and State Government. I have worked in the Tendering Section of a couple of massive public transportation projects worth US$ 3 Billion (INR 20,000 Cr.) in total. I had huge exposure while working here such as interacting with railway board members, managing supreme court cases, preparing monthly fund disbursement plans & timelines for funds to be received from international funding agencies such as World Bank, EIB, etc. and working in independent capacity directly under the MD for about 6 months. I have had consultants, much senior and experienced to me being instructed by me during these last 6 months. I also got a couple of back to back promotions in the organization and working at managerial position right now.

Extra Curriculars-
Wrote fictional stories on a famous website. One of these stories was within the top 3 of the genre for a long time.
Played guitar in a couple of events.
Participated in street play event in college and won second prize.
Organised a business event in college.
Almost nil during job.

Co curriculars-
Nothing too stellar during college, just won a couple of district level math and science competitions/scholarships during my school days.

I am aiming for my MBA in Strategy and Leadership from ISB as well as industry specialization in Infrastructure. Although my work-ex provided me extraordinary learning opportunities and exposure, I feel that I am achieving stagnation, lower growth (having been working in a government organization) and lack of challenging assignments in my current domain of work. I want to carry my experience of working in massive infrastructure projects and apply them to grow in business and strategy consulting after MBA. I am hoping that an year at ISB would enable me to bridge the gap between what I know and how to apply them in consulting profiles.

I am planning to appear for GMAT this summer and aiming for a score of around 750. Kindly evaluate my profile and let me know of my realistic chances to get a call from ISB. Based on this evaluation, I will have to decide whether I should go for a 2 year MBA from an average college this year or aim for ISB.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2018, 01:59
Hello,

Can you please evaluate my profile? Here are the details:

ACADS:
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from West Bengal University with 7.44 out of 10 points
ICSE : 92%
ISC: 78.5%

Work Exp:
(2017-2018) 10.5 months in Schneider Electric (an MNC), as Senior Engineer-Service Sales looking after IT Business for East India.
(2013-2017)3.5 years in F. Harley & Co. Ltd. (An MSME), as Engineer-Marketing for East India.

Volunteer Experience:
Child Rights and You
Netherlands Embassy (for 3.5 years)
FIAPO, PETA (and other animal welfare organizations)

International Experience:
I hold permanent residency of NZ. I have lived in NZ for 5 years and the Netherlands for 3 years, when I was a child.

Hobbies:
Cooking, reading, yoga

I have quit my job to prepare for GMAT, as it was getting impossible to study. I want to apply for R1 (october cycle).
Please give me your feedback.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2018, 02:29
Hello catghosh

Allow me to break this down. The AdCom is mainly looking at these 6 elements in a profile-

1. Diversity- You seem to have certain positives around diversity due to your extracurricular and international background.
2. Academic Potential- Acads seem strong, I'm assuming you should be able to score 720+. How do you fare on mock tests?
3. Leadership Potential- Not enough information. You have listed just your job role. What have been your key achievements and career progress?
4. Communication- Can't judge. This will come out only through very strong essays and interview.
5. Clarity of Goals- No information.
6. Work Ex- Why quit your job? It is a bold move. You may have to explain this in the essays/interviews.

I could give feedback only on what information is available. Not everything can be measured through a few bullet points and statistics. You have a potentially good profile. But that's all that can be said with limited info. No rocket science here- but it will all boil down to how strong your application essays are.

All the best.

catghosh wrote:
Hello,

Can you please evaluate my profile? Here are the details:

ACADS:
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from West Bengal University with 7.44 out of 10 points
ICSE : 92%
ISC: 78.5%

Work Exp:
(2017-2018) 10.5 months in Schneider Electric (an MNC), as Senior Engineer-Service Sales looking after IT Business for East India.
(2013-2017)3.5 years in F. Harley & Co. Ltd. (An MSME), as Engineer-Marketing for East India.

Volunteer Experience:
Child Rights and You
Netherlands Embassy (for 3.5 years)
FIAPO, PETA (and other animal welfare organizations)

International Experience:
I hold permanent residency of NZ. I have lived in NZ for 5 years and the Netherlands for 3 years, when I was a child.

Hobbies:
Cooking, reading, yoga

I have quit my job to prepare for GMAT, as it was getting impossible to study. I want to apply for R1 (october cycle).
Please give me your feedback.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern
Premium Member
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2018, 04:45
Hi Varun,

2)I am aiming for a 750 in GMAT. Preparation is going well. Haven't taken a mock yet.
3)Could you please list what kind of leadership roles ISB is looking for? I was the sole representative for the East in my sector in both Schneider and F.Harley. I joined as a trainee in my first company, moved to "engineer" and then "Sr. Engineer" in a span of 4.5 yrs. I have an award under the category "fast and furious" in Schneider.
My entire work exp is in marketing and in sales sector in the technical industry. Can you suggest what else to mention at the time of interview?
4) I have excellent communication skills (spoken), and good presentation. My written skills are not bad.
5) My goal is something I worry about presenting. Please tell me what you think of this:
I aspire to receive business education at an institution which believes in elaborate research. I see myself working in a leadership roles in sales, in the food and beverage industry, immediately after B-school, to learn as much as I can. This is so that I may set up my own vegan business gradually. I want to use the network of ISB to achieve this. My aim is to bring vegan food into main-stream.
6) I quit my job to work on the research of vegan food business, which I have set up locally. It is not registered. I am greatly involved in animal welfare, and I am a known name in Kolkata in that circle.
In this time, I am also involved in my family business, which is service sales of xerox and printing machines. I also volunteer for a freind's start-up in electrical goods.

The only thing I am worried about is whether this is too far-fetched a goal, to present to the ISB evaluators.
Also, I am not sure how ISB considers married women. I am 28 years old and married.
Please let me know.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2018, 05:24
Hello catghosh

Please see my replies inline.

catghosh wrote:
Hi Varun,

2)I am aiming for a 750 in GMAT. Preparation is going well. Haven't taken a mock yet. Difficult to say anything without mocks. However your past scores give me some indication that you should do well. Anything above 720+ is great, but all it will do is give the AdCom confidence that you can handle the academic rigor. All other parts of the profile still need to be polished.
3)Could you please list what kind of leadership roles ISB is looking for? I was the sole representative for the East in my sector in both Schneider and F.Harley. I joined as a trainee in my first company, moved to "engineer" and then "Sr. Engineer" in a span of 4.5 yrs. I have an award under the category "fast and furious" in Schneider. ISB is not looking at anything specific in terms of leadership roles- but is more interested in your career progress and accomplishments. It will depend on how you well you bring these out in the essays.
My entire work exp is in marketing and in sales sector in the technical industry. Can you suggest what else to mention at the time of interview? Difficult to say without knowing more about you.
4) I have excellent communication skills (spoken), and good presentation. My written skills are not bad. Good to hear that. Then make sure it comes out.
5) My goal is something I worry about presenting. Please tell me what you think of this:
I aspire to receive business education at an institution which believes in elaborate research. I see myself working in a leadership roles in sales, in the food and beverage industry, immediately after B-school, to learn as much as I can. This is so that I may set up my own vegan business gradually. I want to use the network of ISB to achieve this. My aim is to bring vegan food into main-stream. This is most important. There are 2 ways of achieving your goal- Entrepreneurship or Placement. What is your choice? If Entrepreneurship- then how will ISB help you. Why can't you do this without ISB? If Placement- How many such companies and roles have come to ISB in the past. If your goal is unrealistic for ISB the AdCom will not select you.not select you. Not sure how networking will help you get started on this.
6) I quit my job to work on the research of vegan food business, which I have set up locally. It is not registered. I am greatly involved in animal welfare, and I am a known name in Kolkata in that circle.
In this time, I am also involved in my family business, which is service sales of xerox and printing machines. I also volunteer for a freind's start-up in electrical goods. As long as you have used your time off productively and tell that in your story it is fine.

The only thing I am worried about is whether this is too far-fetched a goal, to present to the ISB evaluators.
Also, I am not sure how ISB considers married women. I am 28 years old and married. Not a problem at all. Don't worry about it.
Please let me know.
For any help feel free to PM me.

All the best.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2018, 06:28
vivek_singh330 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hi Vivek,

I am a little confused about your work experience- the position with AISEC is extracurricular or its a paid, full-time job?
The AISEC work is great, and will give you an opportunity to demonstrate leadership (assuming, outside work). What about the other employment- what is your achievement and impact there?

On the whole your profile looks good and with the right application strategy should see you through to the interview stage. Ofcourse, the result will depend upon your GMAT score. A 720+ GMAT score will be beneficial to compensate for your otherwise average college GPA.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

SERVICES| PROFILE DISCUSSION | BLOG

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2018, 07:40
Could you please review my profile -
X - 84%
XII - 70%
Engineering- 83%

8 Years total experience in IT Consulting and it includes 6 years in United states.

What should be my gmat score to secure an interview from ISB.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2018, 08:03
anupam87 wrote:
Could you please review my profile -
X - 84%
XII - 70%
Engineering- 83%

8 Years total experience in IT Consulting and it includes 6 years in United states.

What should be my gmat score to secure an interview from ISB.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Hi Anupam,

we would need more details about your work experience- exactly what do you do and what are your achievements at work? How is your career growth? How do you engage yourself outside of work?

There is no cutoff for "securing an interview" from ISB. They will look at your profile holistically, and hence the quality of your work experience matters. Broadly speaking, a GMAT score close to or higher than the class average is considered as competitive.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

SERVICES| PROFILE DISCUSSION | BLOG

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2018, 05:34
Hi, I am planning to take GMAT in July 2018 and will apply to ISB in Oct'18
Please evaluate my profile below:

CBSE X - 92.4
CBSE XII - 90.8

B.Tech IIT Roorkee (2015) - 8.13

Work Ex (Retail Fraud analytics)-

EXL Services - (Dec'16 - Present)
Consultant - Dec'16 - Dec'17
employee of the quarter (Q3'17)

Senior consultant - Jan'18 - present

Axtrira - (Jul'15 - Nov'16)
Associate
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 29 Apr 2018, 05:34

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  77   78   79   80   81  ...  107    Next  [ 2130 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap