It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 18:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 May 2013
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 10-31-2013
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2016, 07:45
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi ,
Please review my profile for ISB

5.6 Years of IT Experience (TCS and Tieto) .Worked with clients from different geography (INDIA, FINLAND).
B-Tech in CSE with 59.6% from The ICFAI University Dehradun
10th - 89.6% CBSE
12th - 71.4% State Board (Odisha)
Expecting GMAT- 700+

Regards
Sourav

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Apr 2015
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 23

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2016, 11:00
Hi,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile

My latest GMAT score:660 (Q49 V31)


Academics:
Studied in NIT Durgapur. GPA of 8.04/10
10th : 84 %
12th: 89%

4 years work exp in Cement manufacturing.Working in Lafarge India as Manager,Operation Performance.Responsible for looking plant operation,production planning,performance monitoring.

Extracurricular- Not extraordinary

Hobbies: Cooking, Playing cricket

What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 this year? or should I retake and improve my score and apply for Round 2?
Please advise.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 23

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2016, 11:04
Top Contributor
souravacharya wrote:
Hi ,
Please review my profile for ISB

5.6 Years of IT Experience (TCS and Tieto) .Worked with clients from different geography (INDIA, FINLAND).
B-Tech in CSE with 59.6% from The ICFAI University Dehradun
10th - 89.6% CBSE
12th - 71.4% State Board (Odisha)
Expecting GMAT- 700+

Regards
Sourav


Hi Sourav

Please post more details about your work experience - what domain within IT do you work in / whether you lead a team / international experience.

Outside that, your Grade XII and B.Tech. scores are low, so you should try and aim for as high above 700 as you can (a 720+ would really help). You have not mentioned extra-curricular involvement so cannot comment on that as of yet. Can provide more insight once we have details on your work-ex.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2016, 11:10
Top Contributor
biswa1991 wrote:
Hi,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile

My latest GMAT score:660 (Q49 V31)


Academics:
Studied in NIT Durgapur. GPA of 8.04/10
10th : 84 %
12th: 89%

4 years work exp in Cement manufacturing.Working in Lafarge India as Manager,Operation Performance.Responsible for looking plant operation,production planning,performance monitoring.

Extracurricular- Not extraordinary

Hobbies: Cooking, Playing cricket

What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 this year? or should I retake and improve my score and apply for Round 2?
Please advise.


Biswa1991,

While there is a chance of you making it on the basis of your current GMAT score (we had a few clients last year who made it with the same score), we would recommend that you retake the GMAT and try and raise the score a bit to further cement your chances, especially given that your extra-curriculars are not very strong either. The fact that you have Operations and Production experience will be valued by ISB and will help differentiate you as an applicant. If you can increase your score to 680 and above, your chances will substantially improve (assuming you will put in a strong app).

You might also like to go through the following articles: (1) ISB admit with 660 GMAT; (2) ISB admit with 670 GMAT
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Strategist & Coach
Affiliations: Vibranture
Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Posts: 225

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 23

Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2016, 14:18
Hi souravacharya

You appear to come from an overrepresented pool of candidates from a technology background. So it would be very important for you differentiate yourself to stand out. GMAT could be one way to do it. Aim for 720-740 and it will greatly help you. Anything less than that would make it very difficult for you to crack ISB.

In addition, if you have significant extracurriculars, describe them clearly and emphatically in the application.

You might also like to read:
Applying this year? Do these five things NOW
What B-schools look for and how they evaluate your profile

If you need help with essays,
feel free to contact us :)

Good luck!




souravacharya wrote:
Hi ,
Please review my profile for ISB

5.6 Years of IT Experience (TCS and Tieto) .Worked with clients from different geography (INDIA, FINLAND).
B-Tech in CSE with 59.6% from The ICFAI University Dehradun
10th - 89.6% CBSE
12th - 71.4% State Board (Odisha)
Expecting GMAT- 700+

Regards
Sourav

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 23

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 May 2013
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 10-31-2013
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 00:20
GyanOne wrote:
souravacharya wrote:
Hi ,
Please review my profile for ISB

5.6 Years of IT Experience (TCS and Tieto) .Worked with clients from different geography (INDIA, FINLAND).
B-Tech in CSE with 59.6% from The ICFAI University Dehradun
10th - 89.6% CBSE
12th - 71.4% State Board (Odisha)
Expecting GMAT- 700+

Regards
Sourav


Hi Sourav

Please post more details about your work experience - what domain within IT do you work in / whether you lead a team / international experience.

Outside that, your Grade XII and B.Tech. scores are low, so you should try and aim for as high above 700 as you can (a 720+ would really help). You have not mentioned extra-curricular involvement so cannot comment on that as of yet. Can provide more insight once we have details on your work-ex.


Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

I would like to provide details that you have asked for

At TCS i have worked for 4.5 years and worked here both as Developer (java developer) and Team Lead. I was working as a vendor for a huge domestic bank.
At Tieto, I am working more at individual capacity, changing into a new technology (ECM). In this i have been given the end to end responsibility for the execution of a project coordinating with other vendors and team. I was working as a vendor for a huge manufacturing sector company in Finland.

Extra-curricular - Nothing major just have been part of few CSR events
I am big foodie and among top 500 food reviewer (as per zomato).
I have certification in painting and my painting was put up or display in State Art Gallery
I have few tech certifications and Diploma Certificate in Business Analysis (TCS Business Domain Academy endorsed by IIBA)

So kindly suggest on ideal gmat score for my profile.

Regards,
Sourav

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 May 2013
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 10-31-2013
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 00:28
Vibranture wrote:
Hi souravacharya

You appear to come from an overrepresented pool of candidates from a technology background. So it would be very important for you differentiate yourself to stand out. GMAT could be one way to do it. Aim for 720-740 and it will greatly help you. Anything less than that would make it very difficult for you to crack ISB.

In addition, if you have significant extracurriculars, describe them clearly and emphatically in the application.

You might also like to read:
Applying this year? Do these five things NOW
What B-schools look for and how they evaluate your profile

If you need help with essays,
feel free to contact us :)

Good luck!




souravacharya wrote:
Hi ,
Please review my profile for ISB

5.6 Years of IT Experience (TCS and Tieto) .Worked with clients from different geography (INDIA, FINLAND).
B-Tech in CSE with 59.6% from The ICFAI University Dehradun
10th - 89.6% CBSE
12th - 71.4% State Board (Odisha)
Expecting GMAT- 700+

Regards
Sourav


Thanks for the response.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

ISB Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2015
Posts: 99

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 11

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 01:10
Dear experts,
Please evaluate my profile:

* Citizenship : Indian
* Class X Percentage : 88.00
* Class XII Percentage : 78.00
* GMAT: 760 (Q50 V42 AWA5.5 IR5)
* Graduation : B.Tech in Civil Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Surat; GPA : 8.14/10
* Work Experience:(5 years 3 months)
1) Assistant Manager (Civil) with ESSAR OIL:
Job responsibilities:
>Site in-charge. Involved in execution of pipe racks and had a staff of around 20 people reporting to me.

2) Deputy Engineer (Civil) with Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation, a state government department involved with constructing infrastructure for Industrial development in the state of Gujarat, India.
Job responsibilities:
>Involved in execution of Infrastructure Projects worth 30 million USD (Road, Water Supply, Storm Water Management etc)
>Daily interaction with the top level management of various multinational companies to resolve various issues faced by them.
>Marketing state policies and facilities in order to attract various multinationals in the state of Gujarat.
>Promoted once to hold dual responsibilities of Deputy Engineer and Chief officer.
>My overall work experience is mostly related to construction industry.

Extra curricular activities:
>Music: Visharad (Diploma) in Tabla (Percussion Instrument)
>Won two state level quizzes when in high school.
>Involved in coaching children suffering from cerebral palsy.

Target Schools:
1) Tuck
2) Haas
3) Darden
4) Ross
5) Anderson
6) Kenan-Flagler
7) Tepper
8) ISB

Post MBA goal:
>To enter real estate market and handle real estate investment for Investment Banks.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 01:17
ISBeacon wrote:
You have a very decent profile overall. There are many things in fact that would work in your favour: Your significant work experience outside India, your decent academics, and your proficiency with multiple foreign languages, everything would work for you.

However one thing that does not currently work for you (thankfully this is not a "done and dusted" thing and something that you can definitely influence) is your GMAT score. If I look at your score, it is clear that there needs to be work done in Verbal (perhaps you focused too much on learning French and German, and forgot English in the bargain :lol: ).

Frankly, while your GMAT score is definitely below average for the schools you are targeting, however, given your profile, there is an even chance that you might be called for interview. However would you really want to be satisfied with this "even" chance? Since there is still time before the application deadlines kick-in, I would earnestly suggest that you prepare for GMAT (one last time) and see if you can push that score up by at least 30 points!


Thanks ISBeacon.

You have analyzed the English issue quiet accurately and definitely an "even" chance is not enough.

I will plan for a retake.

Thanks again.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 03:20
Top Contributor
souravacharya wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
souravacharya wrote:
Hi ,
Please review my profile for ISB

5.6 Years of IT Experience (TCS and Tieto) .Worked with clients from different geography (INDIA, FINLAND).
B-Tech in CSE with 59.6% from The ICFAI University Dehradun
10th - 89.6% CBSE
12th - 71.4% State Board (Odisha)
Expecting GMAT- 700+

Regards
Sourav


Hi Sourav

Please post more details about your work experience - what domain within IT do you work in / whether you lead a team / international experience.

Outside that, your Grade XII and B.Tech. scores are low, so you should try and aim for as high above 700 as you can (a 720+ would really help). You have not mentioned extra-curricular involvement so cannot comment on that as of yet. Can provide more insight once we have details on your work-ex.


Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

I would like to provide details that you have asked for

At TCS i have worked for 4.5 years and worked here both as Developer (java developer) and Team Lead. I was working as a vendor for a huge domestic bank.
At Tieto, I am working more at individual capacity, changing into a new technology (ECM). In this i have been given the end to end responsibility for the execution of a project coordinating with other vendors and team. I was working as a vendor for a huge manufacturing sector company in Finland.

Extra-curricular - Nothing major just have been part of few CSR events
I am big foodie and among top 500 food reviewer (as per zomato).
I have certification in painting and my painting was put up or display in State Art Gallery
I have few tech certifications and Diploma Certificate in Business Analysis (TCS Business Domain Academy endorsed by IIBA)

So kindly suggest on ideal gmat score for my profile.

Regards,
Sourav


Hi Sourav

Thanks for providing the details.

You should be looking to emphasize your banking work and your work as a project coordinator. Development profiles are very competitive, and therefore you should be aiming for a 720+ on the GMAT.

From the extra-curricular activities you mention, please note that only the second is really an extra-curricular activity the way ISB would see it. The first falls better and more broadly into hobbies, and the third is professional.

All the best and feel free to come back with more questions as needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 624 [1] , given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 03:35
1
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
Dear experts,
Please evaluate my profile:

* Citizenship : Indian
* Class X Percentage : 88.00
* Class XII Percentage : 78.00
* GMAT: 760 (Q50 V42 AWA5.5 IR5)
* Graduation : B.Tech in Civil Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Surat; GPA : 8.14/10
* Work Experience:(5 years 3 months)
1) Assistant Manager (Civil) with ESSAR OIL:
Job responsibilities:
>Site in-charge. Involved in execution of pipe racks and had a staff of around 20 people reporting to me.

2) Deputy Engineer (Civil) with Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation, a state government department involved with constructing infrastructure for Industrial development in the state of Gujarat, India.
Job responsibilities:
>Involved in execution of Infrastructure Projects worth 30 million USD (Road, Water Supply, Storm Water Management etc)
>Daily interaction with the top level management of various multinational companies to resolve various issues faced by them.
>Marketing state policies and facilities in order to attract various multinationals in the state of Gujarat.
>Promoted once to hold dual responsibilities of Deputy Engineer and Chief officer.
>My overall work experience is mostly related to construction industry.

Extra curricular activities:
>Music: Visharad (Diploma) in Tabla (Percussion Instrument)
>Won two state level quizzes when in high school.
>Involved in coaching children suffering from cerebral palsy.

Target Schools:
1) Tuck
2) Haas
3) Darden
4) Ross
5) Anderson
6) Kenan-Flagler
7) Tepper
8) ISB

Post MBA goal:
>To enter real estate market and handle real estate investment for Investment Banks.


Hi,

Excellent profile. Strong ops experience, excellent GMAT, and great acads. No international experience though from what you mention. Real Estate IB might be a bit tough at some of the schools you have in your list, but judging just from an admissions perspective, most of them, with the exception of Tuck, seem ok (Haas is Reach). Wont get further into that aspect as this is a forum meant for discussions on ISB. For ISB, you are very well set in terms of admission.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 624 [1] , given: 20

ISB Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2015
Posts: 99

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 11

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 04:18
GyanOne wrote:
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
Dear experts,
Please evaluate my profile:

* Citizenship : Indian
* Class X Percentage : 88.00
* Class XII Percentage : 78.00
* GMAT: 760 (Q50 V42 AWA5.5 IR5)
* Graduation : B.Tech in Civil Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Surat; GPA : 8.14/10
* Work Experience:(5 years 3 months)
1) Assistant Manager (Civil) with ESSAR OIL:
Job responsibilities:
>Site in-charge. Involved in execution of pipe racks and had a staff of around 20 people reporting to me.

2) Deputy Engineer (Civil) with Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation, a state government department involved with constructing infrastructure for Industrial development in the state of Gujarat, India.
Job responsibilities:
>Involved in execution of Infrastructure Projects worth 30 million USD (Road, Water Supply, Storm Water Management etc)
>Daily interaction with the top level management of various multinational companies to resolve various issues faced by them.
>Marketing state policies and facilities in order to attract various multinationals in the state of Gujarat.
>Promoted once to hold dual responsibilities of Deputy Engineer and Chief officer.
>My overall work experience is mostly related to construction industry.

Extra curricular activities:
>Music: Visharad (Diploma) in Tabla (Percussion Instrument)
>Won two state level quizzes when in high school.
>Involved in coaching children suffering from cerebral palsy.

Target Schools:
1) Tuck
2) Haas
3) Darden
4) Ross
5) Anderson
6) Kenan-Flagler
7) Tepper
8) ISB

Post MBA goal:
>To enter real estate market and handle real estate investment for Investment Banks.


Hi,

Excellent profile. Strong ops experience, excellent GMAT, and great acads. No international experience though from what you mention. Real Estate IB might be a bit tough at some of the schools you have in your list, but judging just from an admissions perspective, most of them, with the exception of Tuck, seem ok (Haas is Reach). Wont get further into that aspect as this is a forum meant for discussions on ISB. For ISB, you are very well set in terms of admission.


Thanks for your evaluation. I am aware that this thread is for ISB only. However, I was wondering about your opinion on Tuck. Is it because of the lack of International experience? A simple yes or no as an answer would suffice. I do not intend to distract this thread from its intended purpose so I apologize if I have unknowingly done that.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 11

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 23:43
Top Contributor
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
Dear experts,
Please evaluate my profile:

* Citizenship : Indian
* Class X Percentage : 88.00
* Class XII Percentage : 78.00
* GMAT: 760 (Q50 V42 AWA5.5 IR5)
* Graduation : B.Tech in Civil Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Surat; GPA : 8.14/10
* Work Experience:(5 years 3 months)
1) Assistant Manager (Civil) with ESSAR OIL:
Job responsibilities:
>Site in-charge. Involved in execution of pipe racks and had a staff of around 20 people reporting to me.

2) Deputy Engineer (Civil) with Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation, a state government department involved with constructing infrastructure for Industrial development in the state of Gujarat, India.
Job responsibilities:
>Involved in execution of Infrastructure Projects worth 30 million USD (Road, Water Supply, Storm Water Management etc)
>Daily interaction with the top level management of various multinational companies to resolve various issues faced by them.
>Marketing state policies and facilities in order to attract various multinationals in the state of Gujarat.
>Promoted once to hold dual responsibilities of Deputy Engineer and Chief officer.
>My overall work experience is mostly related to construction industry.

Extra curricular activities:
>Music: Visharad (Diploma) in Tabla (Percussion Instrument)
>Won two state level quizzes when in high school.
>Involved in coaching children suffering from cerebral palsy.

Target Schools:
1) Tuck
2) Haas
3) Darden
4) Ross
5) Anderson
6) Kenan-Flagler
7) Tepper
8) ISB

Post MBA goal:
>To enter real estate market and handle real estate investment for Investment Banks.


Hi,

Excellent profile. Strong ops experience, excellent GMAT, and great acads. No international experience though from what you mention. Real Estate IB might be a bit tough at some of the schools you have in your list, but judging just from an admissions perspective, most of them, with the exception of Tuck, seem ok (Haas is Reach). Wont get further into that aspect as this is a forum meant for discussions on ISB. For ISB, you are very well set in terms of admission.


Thanks for your evaluation. I am aware that this thread is for ISB only. However, I was wondering about your opinion on Tuck. Is it because of the lack of International experience? A simple yes or no as an answer would suffice. I do not intend to distract this thread from its intended purpose so I apologize if I have unknowingly done that.


Hi

PMed you with the answer to your query to keep this thread specific to ISB.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2016, 09:21
Important Announcement


This might interest ISB Applicants that ISB is organizing a series of webinars that would help Applicants from various streams.

i) Transition from Defence/Marine to Management: July 6, 2016 at 7pm. Register here.

ii) Transition from Practicing Finance to Management: July 28, 2016 at 7pm. Register here.

iii) Transition from Healthcare to Management: August 11, 2016 at 7pm. Register here.

iv) Opportunities for Entrepreneurs: August 24, 2016 at 7pm. Register here.
_________________

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2016, 03:14
Hello, Please provide a feedback for my profile. I will be applying for ISB 17-18 batch in R2 cycle. Here is my profile.

X: 91% (CBSE), 12 - 71% (CBSE), B.Tech - 83.3 from VIT University.

Work Ex: 40 months as Scientific Officer in Dept of Atomic Energy, Govt of India. Work profile include operation, design and development, commissioning of critical plants as well as direct involvement in production activities of strategic metals. Also obtained an additional M.Tech degree as a part Dept training program. Got couple of awards and twice received outstanding grading from the department.

Previous work Ex: 14 months in R&D services sector in the role of member technical staff.

Few other achievements at grad level. Extracurricular is on the weaker side.

Gmat Score: 720 and thinking about retaking it.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Strategist & Coach
Affiliations: Vibranture
Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Posts: 225

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 23

Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2016, 03:29
Hi amit1689

You have a very interesting profile. There aren't too many people from DAE applying to ISB :)

Your M.Tech as well as, 720 on GMAT will also work in your favor. And with your background, I wouldn't worry too much about extracurriculars. Overall I'd say you are placed well for ISB.

However, I'm curious to know your post-MBA career goals and how you think ISB would help you get there. That's one of the most important parts of the application which many students don't tackle in the best possible manner.

In my opinion, instead of spending time and effort on retaking GMAT, it might help you to invest the same in working on your application. Also, I'd encourage you to apply in Round 1 if you can.

In case you want to know how we could help you in your application, let's set up a time to talk.

Good luck!


amit1689 wrote:
Hello, Please provide a feedback for my profile. I will be applying for ISB 17-18 batch in R2 cycle. Here is my profile.

X: 91% (CBSE), 12 - 71% (CBSE), B.Tech - 83.3 from VIT University.

Work Ex: 40 months as Scientific Officer in Dept of Atomic Energy, Govt of India. Work profile include operation, design and development, commissioning of critical plants as well as direct involvement in production activities of strategic metals. Also obtained an additional M.Tech degree as a part Dept training program. Got couple of awards and twice received outstanding grading from the department.

Previous work Ex: 14 months in R&D services sector in the role of member technical staff.

Few other achievements at grad level. Extracurricular is on the weaker side.

Gmat Score: 720 and thinking about retaking it.

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 23

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2016, 03:38
Top Contributor
amit1689 wrote:
Hello, Please provide a feedback for my profile. I will be applying for ISB 17-18 batch in R2 cycle. Here is my profile.

X: 91% (CBSE), 12 - 71% (CBSE), B.Tech - 83.3 from VIT University.

Work Ex: 40 months as Scientific Officer in Dept of Atomic Energy, Govt of India. Work profile include operation, design and development, commissioning of critical plants as well as direct involvement in production activities of strategic metals. Also obtained an additional M.Tech degree as a part Dept training program. Got couple of awards and twice received outstanding grading from the department.

Previous work Ex: 14 months in R&D services sector in the role of member technical staff.

Few other achievements at grad level. Extracurricular is on the weaker side.

Gmat Score: 720 and thinking about retaking it.


Amit,

Some differentiation by way of your work as a Scientific Officer, but also the need to go beyond the technology background and create a fit with an MBA. The M.Tech really helps, and the 720 is good enough to not require a retake. Focusing more on the apps is now the way to go.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2016, 03:13
Hi,

Can you please evaluate my profile -
10th - 85%
12th - 80%
Engineering in Information Technology from BMS College of Engg., Bangalore - 8.6/10

I am 25 years old female with a work experience of 3 years. I am planning to take the GMAT and apply this year. I started off with Mu Sigma(analytics) as a decision scientist. Now I am a Senior Analyst and I am expecting another promotion this year. I have 2 start ups of my own(late night food delivery and organic food delivery). I am a certified belly dancer and have done shows, learnt calligraphy, make handmade crafts for NGOs, have a foster kid. I recently got interviewed by one of the websites and got an article published. I will be going for Jagriti yatra this year which selects 450 people across India for a 2 week long train journey.

What should be a good score for me to get into ISB?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2016, 03:16
Top Contributor
ankitasahay14 wrote:
Hi,

Can you please evaluate my profile -
10th - 85%
12th - 80%
Engineering in Information Technology from BMS College of Engg., Bangalore - 8.6/10

I am 25 years old female with a work experience of 3 years. I am planning to take the GMAT and apply this year. I started off with Mu Sigma(analytics) as a decision scientist. Now I am a Senior Analyst and I am expecting another promotion this year. I have 2 start ups of my own(late night food delivery and organic food delivery). I am a certified belly dancer and have done shows, learnt calligraphy, make handmade crafts for NGOs, have a foster kid. I recently got interviewed by one of the websites and got an article published. I will be going for Jagriti yatra this year which selects 450 people across India for a 2 week long train journey.

What should be a good score for me to get into ISB?


Hi Ankita

You have a very strong profile for ISB. A 680+ should help you get there.

However, also keep in mind that you should have a clear career goal and a good fit with ISB in your applications. The startups you have arent related to your job, so you have a choice of discussing a career as an entrepreneur or continuing in Analytics/Consulting.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 886

Kudos [?]: 142 [0], given: 49

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2016, 03:56
ankitasahay14 wrote:
Hi,

Can you please evaluate my profile -
10th - 85%
12th - 80%
Engineering in Information Technology from BMS College of Engg., Bangalore - 8.6/10

I am 25 years old female with a work experience of 3 years. I am planning to take the GMAT and apply this year. I started off with Mu Sigma(analytics) as a decision scientist. Now I am a Senior Analyst and I am expecting another promotion this year. I have 2 start ups of my own(late night food delivery and organic food delivery). I am a certified belly dancer and have done shows, learnt calligraphy, make handmade crafts for NGOs, have a foster kid. I recently got interviewed by one of the websites and got an article published. I will be going for Jagriti yatra this year which selects 450 people across India for a 2 week long train journey.

What should be a good score for me to get into ISB?



Hi Ankita,

That's a great profile. On the professional front, you have earned two promotions in three years. Is that the norm at Mu Sigma or you are above the rest? If latter is the case, do make a not of your accelerated career somewhere in the application.
Your extra curricular interests are wide and varied. Show that you are driven by passion and have an intense involvement in most of them, if not all. Infact you should use your passion as a recurring theme to connect all these varied activities, and beware of sounding like you have your hands in too many pies.

It will also be worthwhile to explore your career goals from now. This requires substantial introspection and talking to other people who have been there, done that. Its a time taking process.

Aim for a 700+ GMAT score.

A well presented application and one that is balanced on all fronts (academic, leadership, career progression, community involvement) can help you gain a scholarship.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Work with our *STAR* team comprising alumni from top 10 Business Schools

Kudos [?]: 142 [0], given: 49

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2016, 03:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  54    Next  [ 1061 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Collection of Important Posts from ISB Class of 2015 Discussion!! Narenn 0 20 Apr 2015, 07:36
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation for ISB-2015 (2016 Batch) himang 3 03 May 2015, 12:48
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation for ISB saileebh 3 19 Jun 2014, 23:35
9 Experts publish their posts in the topic ISB Class of 2015 - Calling all Admitted Students ankurgupta03 13 26 Feb 2014, 00:32
30 Experts publish their posts in the topic ISB 2013 Calling All Applicants bb 95 27 Apr 2013, 04:06
Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.